Lovebug

By faitenet

[ marinette dupain-cheng / ladybug x f. reader ] ˚₊·➳❥ You become the holder of the miraculous of the cat to... More

playlist!
I | Stoneheart; part¹
II | Stoneheart; part²
III | The Bubbler
IV | Stormy Weather
V | Copycat
VII | The Evillustrator
VIII | Rogercop
IX | Horrificator
X | Princess Fragrance
XI | Gamer
XII | Volpina
XIII | The Collector
XIV | Prime Queen
XV | Despair Bear
XVI | Befana
XVII | The Dark Owl
XVIII | Gigantitan
XIX | Glaciator
XX | The Sapotis
XXI | Cheese Supplier
XXII | Captain Hardrock
XXIII | Zombizou
XXIV | Frozer
XXV | Red Claws
XXVI | Envy; part¹
XXVII | Envy; part²
Special | Halloween Party
XXVIII | Malediktator
Special | Merry Christmas!
XXIX | heroes day; part¹
XXX | heroes day; part²
XXXI | Animaestro
XXXII | Plantera
XXXIII | Weredad
XXXIV | Silencer
XXXV | Oni-Chan
XXXVI | Oblivio
XXXVII | Party Crasher

VI | Lady Wifi

3.3K 136 18
By faitenet

"I'm pleased with how you all did on your last assignment. Some of you have really stepped up and I do appreciate it. Now it's time to move onto our next assignment." You could almost fall asleep while the teacher talked. Class was a few seconds from being over anyway. You looked up front; Alya was holding a picture of Ladybug with the face cut out looking to see if it fit anyone. She held the picture in front of you lastly, making you raise a brow at her.

"Is Marinette still in the girls room?" Miss Bustier asked, eyeing Marinette's things on the table. Alya hummed, "I don't know, miss."

Everyone gathered their things starting to exit the room when the bell rang. Miss Bustier handed out a paper to the students while giving the last order of the day.

When Alya left the room you followed behind her trying to catch up to her. She stopped, opening her phone up to call Marinette. You stood beside her the whole time. "Marinette never usually goes ghost like this." Alya said, as the call to Marinette with straight to voicemail. "Maybe something happened." You suggested, shrugging your shoulders.

You went around the school looking for where ever Marinette could possibly be. "Marinette?" Alya called into the girls bathroom. No response.

When you past by Juleka and Rose in the courtyard you waved at them. "Have you guys seen Marinette anywhere?" You asked. They both shook their head no to yours and Alya's disappointment.

As you and Alya were about to leave the locker room, she walked past Chloe then hid back into the locker. Alya peaked from the corner of the locker, and you lowered yourself some peaking from both Alya and the locker. Chloe pulled out the same yo-yo Ladybug uses from her locker putting it in her bag. Alya gasps pushing you back along with herself. She waited til Chloe left to chase after her. "Chloe's Ladybug" she whispered.

At the front of the school Alya opened her phone to call Marinette again; of course, she didn't answer. While Alya was distracted with her new Chloe-Ladybug chase you went off to transform seeing there was another villain loose.

You saw the news not too long ago, but you needed to be on top of those things immediately. You did feel bad leaving Alya behind like that, especially with Marinette being a no where to be seen as well.

The fight with this villain was quick, thankfully. But the crowd of fans and news reporters were always there to question you. Ladybug stuck around for a few seconds waving at people smiling, you doing the same.

You knew Chloe couldn't be Ladybug from the fake yoyo. Obviously, since she didn't have a real kwami, but Alya didn't know that so you could see where the confusion could be from. Even so, there have been situations where Ladybug and Chloe have been side-by-side, so it couldn't be possible.

After the battle and crowd of fans asking questions was over, you went home. "Plagg, claws in." You said. Plagg fell on your bed sighing deeply. He then went to a draw where you started sneaking cheese in for him. You took out your phone deciding to send a text to Marinette, asking if she was okay. Though if she weren't answering Alya, it was less likely she'd even answer you.

The next morning at school, Alya and Nino were in the corner looking suspicious. You wondered if she was still on Chloe about being Ladybug. When Alya followed Chloe sneakily dragging Nino with her, you knew she was doing her investigation.

This time you didn't walk up to Alya; instead waited for Adrien. When he showed up you greeted him with a wave. "Where's Nino?" He asked, looking around where he and Nino would normally meet up. "He's in an investigation with Alya. Alya believes Ladybug is Chloe." You whispered the last sentence to Adrien as you both entered the classroom. He gave you a skeptical look, you nodded in agreement while shrugging.

Marinette stuck into class late sitting in her seat. You leaned forward tapping her on the shoulder. She turned around letting out a quiet gasp. "Are you okay? You weren't here or answering anyone, I- me and Alya were worried."

Marinette let out a nervous laugh, waving her hands. "I'm okay! Speaking of Alya, do you know where she is?" She gestured to Alya's empty desk. You shook your head disappointingly.

Nino then turned around to Marinette. "Alya was suspended." He informed, surprising both you and Marinette.

"What?!" Marinette yelled, catching everyone's attention. You thought it must have something to do with Chloe, as that's who she was following around. Chloe must've realized and reported her or something. "Marinette, if you're going to come late would you please to it discreetly?"

"Sorry..."

Nino whispered more stuff you couldn't hear. Marinette yelled out another "what?!" Getting her sent to the principals office.

A few minutes after Marinette left a video popped up on the projector. "I'm Lady Wifi, revealer of the truth. For our first exposition your principal would like to share a tidbit with you." Lady Wifi put her arm on the principals shoulder.

"So, mr. Damocles, is it true you wrongly suspended a student named Alya?"

"Yes, is it." Mr. Damocles looked to the side guilty.

"So you were biased, unfair, totally unjust?"

"For my next scoop, I'll be taking you to meet the girl who's hiding behind the Ladybug mask." She shot a thing at the principal making him freeze. "Stay connected."

"Everyone for you own safety, go directly home." Ms. Bustier called. You ran to the bathroom while no one was looking to transform in private.

You had to admit, Alya was cool and she was your friend, but sometimes her obsession with Ladybug and finding out who Ladybug is could be creepy and weird. Anyone would want to know who Ladybug or Catwoman truly are, even you sometimes wondered who was behind the Ladybug mask, but you knew to respect something as private that. Especially when it could be used to ones advantage. Anything could go wrong.

You landed on a building across the Le Grand Paris hotel. You took out the phone on your staff zooming in on the hotel. There Chloe was, in a Ladybug costume swinging a yo-yo around. You tilted your head raising a brow. "They don't even have the same hair."

"I'm glad you don't think that's me." Ladybug spoke up, slighting scaring you. You gave her a sweet smile. "Of course not, I know my lady better than that." You winked. Ladybug playfully rolled her eyes laughing at Chloe getting caught in her own yoyo.

"Who would believe she's the real Ladybug. She's obviously just a diehard fan. I guess you could say a copycat..." You smiled at her pun. Bringing the memory of fighting your imposter.

"I think this Lady Wifi is coming for Chloe. She won't be getting the exposure she wants." Ladybug nodded, agreeing with you. Just then, Lady Wifi shows up. "We got Wifi."

You both leaped off the building you were on, heading for the Paris hotel. Ladybug and you kicked the door opened, seeing a "revealed" Ladybug, and a shocked Lady Wifi.

"Who are you?" She questioned. You and Ladybug looked at each other not knowing what to say. So you shrugged, stricking a few charming poses for Wifi. "But I thought you were Ladybug!" She gestured to Chloe.

"Sorry to bust your news story, but maybe next time you should double check your facts." You said; Lady Wifi pouted frustratedly.

"You'll be sorry." Wifi undid the pause button off Chloe, making her fumble away.

"Alya?" Ladybug called.

"Alya's been disconnected. I'm Lady Wifi. Newsflash. Ladybug, let's find out who you really are." Wifi sent zaps at Ladybug, and only Ladybug. You took there with your hands on your hip watching Ladybug dodge Wifi's attacks.

"Follow me." Ladybug ordered you.

You both crossed Wifi running past her and into the stair case. As you were running down you made sure to take glances up at where you previously were to make sure Wifi wasn't following you. "Do you have a plan?" You asked.

"She gets her power from her phone. So let's lead her down to the basement where there isn't any service."

"No service, no power. Smart thinking Ladybug." You continued downward, while Ladybug stayed back to see if the plan would work. "We need to go down lower."

Once you stopped on the lowest platform, you got in a fighting position ready for attack. "Now that there are people that would go these lengths to find out who you are, you should be more careful about... your identity." You informed, side eyeing her a bit. She nodded letting out a sigh. "I know."

Ladybug then looked back up for Wifi. "She's gone back up into the hotel!"

You ran back up, realizing all the doors were locked. The only open door was one on a higher level. Of course, so we're forced to fight upstairs where she has service.

"Get ready for an ambush on 1.. 2.. 3!" Ladybug busted into the empty room. "So much for ambush."

Ladybug hummed, signaling for you so follow her. Most of the time it goes without saying. The room was like normal, except there was a phone on every table. "What's up with all these phones?" Ladybug asked, probably mostly to herself.

"Well, if she gets her power from the phones then it must have something to do with that. It'd be better if we broke the phones or something." You voiced your thoughts.

Just then one of the phones lit up with Lady Wifi popping out of it. She immediately started throwing pauses at both of you this time. You ducked behind a table out of her reach, but you peaked from the corner to see Ladybug. Ladybug wrapped her yoyo around Wifi's wrist. Unfortunately, Wifi disappeared now going through all the phones.

"Yes, I can." Ladybug smirked. She swung her yoyo breaking multiple of the phones. You stepped out from the table you where hiding phone getting the remainder of phones. Wifi ran away into the kitchen with Ladybug following close behind. Once Ladybug was in the kitchen, Wifi locked the door so you couldn't get in.

The only thing you could do was take out the phone on your staff to see if there was another way in. "Of course, the service elevator." You softly hit your forehead, like the service elevator was something so obvious.

You went down the elevator and in the kitchen perfect timing. "You're out of minutes Lady Wifi."

"Aw, how romantic. Tomcats come to save her lovebug."

"Why don't we talk about that some other time." You winked at Ladybug, saying something before she did.

You didn't have enough time to dodge, as she sent of of her zaps at you knocking you into the freezer. Your ring fell off your finger, you now back in your civilian form. Panic flooded you, while you desperately looked around for the ring. "Please, please. I could really use my ring right now." You then heard banging on the door.

"I'll get you out of there Catwoman." Ladybug yelled.

You let out a quiet laugh. "Take your time."

You searched through possible boxes it landed in, and the area you fell. Finally you found in the the corner on the floor. You were quick to put it on and go back to your alter ego. The hero suit didn't chance how cold you were. You were freezing. And once you were met with the warmth of the open door, your legs gave out. Luckily Ladybug caught you.

"Are you okay, Catwoman?" Her earrings beeped. "You used your lucky charm. We don't have much time left."

The door was locked and the microwave Ladybug used to open the door you were in was busted. She leaned closer to your ear whispering her plan to you. You nodded giving her a smile.

Once you had what you needed, you stood on one of the counters to reach the camera Lady Wifi set up. You put a pan over it so they couldn't see inside the room. After that, you slid back in the service elevator. "I'll go jam the Wifi antenna."

"Good luck." She pressed the button that sent you up one level. It happened to be the level Wifi was on. She tried hitting you with all her zaps but failed. You finally reached the Wifi raising your hand calling your cataclysm.

The pole became electric and Lady Wifi popped out of it. "Nice idea, kitty cat. But I'm not gonna let you cut me off so easily." You dodged all the pauses she send at you, then threw your staff at her. While she was distracted with that you could now use you cataclysm on the pole. "No!"

You jumped at Wifi. She kicked you away from here stretching the phone the opposite direction of where you were so you couldn't get it. When you tried kicking her, she used her foot under your other to knock you over. She sat on your stomach holding only one shoulder down. Ladybug came to your rescue, pulling Wifi off of you and catching her phone. Ladybug threw Wifi's phone on the floor making the akuma fly out of it. She caught it, de-evilised it, then called her miraculous Ladybug as normal.

You and Ladybug looked at each other. "Pound it!" Alya started fangirling over both of you, turning around to get her phone. You both left while she wasn't looking so you could detransform.

Ladybug went into one of the rooms before you. You really did want to know who she was, but knew it'd be disrespectful to look on these terms. She left the door a little crack open, so you closed it for her.

You ran in a different room to detransform, then went out the back way of the building so that large crowd up front didn't see you. "You could've found out who the love of life really is!" Plagg semi-yelled. "What were you thinking?"

"I couldn't Plagg. I'd be dishonoring her trust. And besides, I'm... a little confused on my feelings right now. I don't know if I really love Ladybug, or what if I just love the idea of her. I find it hard for me to truly love her, if I don't know who's behind the mask. I don't know, Plagg. And also there's M-" You paused. "I'm just not thinking straight."

The next morning you called Alya asking her about Lady Wifi and the battle with Ladybug and Catwoman. You started fangirling over it with her, like you weren't there. She was sad she couldn't get an interview with the two heroes though. In the end, you told her about how revealing a superheroes identity could put them and their close friends or family in danger. She agreed with you. "I'll try to stop being to bug crazy. I'll just stick to posting battles I see of her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2K 50
When Adrien goes in search of someone to talk to, he is surprisingly welcomed as his superhero Cat Noir side into the Dupain-Cheng household, leading...
51.5K 2.2K 14
💌🐞🐈‍⬛ ❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐄 ❜࿔*:・゚ ## . a ADRIEN AND CAT NOIR fanfiction. ╭──╯ IN WHICH ━━ bestowed with magical powers ...
3.6K 288 21
[COMPLETE] "No... no! Don't tell me that he got to you M'lady!" "You mangy street cat! Give me your Miraculous!" ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● (Set bef...
1.6M 49.9K 47
"I just don't understand, Chat. I thought...all this time...," she clenched her fists at her sides and stared up at him, "What changed?" Chat Noir st...