Just Let Go (Harry Styles)

By seaorca

I rolled over and smacked my alarm off. I couldn't get to sleep last night because I couldn't shake this unco... More

Chapter One - My Job
Chapter Two - One Of Those Days
Chapter Three - Should I?
Chapter Four - Yeah.. She's Coming
Chapter Five - Airport
Chapter Six - Meeting The Boys
Chapter Seven - Management
Chapter Eight - Run, Tacos and Harry
Chapter Ten - Papa... Paparazzi
Chapter Eleven - Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter Twelve - Up All Night
Chapter Thirteen - The Interview
Chapter Fourteen - What's Done is Done
Chapter Fifteen - Girl Time!
Chapter Sixteen - Louis and Harry
Chapter Seventeen - Liam
Chapter Eighteen - Niall
Chapter Nineteen - Zayn
Chapter Twenty - Getting Ready
Chapter Twenty-One - Soundtrack Sneakpeak
Chapter Twenty-Two - You are a _____ and Don't Forget It!
Chapter Twenty-Three - Cold
Chapter Twenty-Four - Be alright
Chapter Twenty-Five - Realization!
Chapter Twenty-Six - Confession!
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Morning of Love
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Step Up to the Plate
Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Answer!
Chapter Thirty - BP: Barns Patrick Advertising Corporation
Chapter Thirty-One - Internship Event
Chapter Thirty-Two - This Cruel Life
Chapter Thirty-Three - Investigation
Chapter Thirty-Four - Half a Heart
Chapter Thirty-Five - Broken
Chapter Thirty-Six - Pizza!
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Let Go
Epilogue

Chapter Nine - Trafalgar Square

80 6 0
By seaorca

Hope you like this chapter. I actually did research for this chapter so I hope it makes sense.

Enjoy!

~Sea :)

Chapter Nine

"I'll be right there!" I called to Harry as I slipped on my cute brown suede boots zipping them up.

Today was the day the boys were taking me out too see London and I was super excited! I had never really seen me as the touristy kind of person, but now I was anxious to get going. I honestly had no idea where they were going to be taking me and I think that was the fun of it all.

I joined Harry in the living room checking to make sure I had my wallet with me.

"You don't need anything, Kristen." Harry said with a breathless sigh and slightly annoyed voice. "I told you I would cover your expanses, and I will." He squared his shoulders and headed for the door, me close behind.

I could tell he was trying to enforce his 'manliness' but I have been independent since forever! I couldn't just let someone else take care of me when I am fully capable of doing it myself.

"I know you did, but I'm just not used to people taking care of me." I said as we made our way outside to where the boys were waiting at the car.

"Get used to it." He shot me a quick look and I was grateful we had joined the boys on their chat about socks. I didn't want Harry to notice his words melted my heart.

Because I was busy calming myself down I didn't notice the car was no where insight. "Where is the car, guys?" I asked looking around, puzzled. They all had straight faces, I could tell Louis was struggling though.

"Right there!" Niall pointed down the street.

"No... Way... You guys rented a red double Decker bus!?" I was almost in shock when the bus stopped in front of us and the doors opened.

Harry jumped up onto the step and hung his body half way off, opening his arm that wasn't gripping the bus rail. "Its ready to take you wherever you want to go." He had the cheekiest grin on his face ever. My legs were shacking and I couldn't move, that is until Niall gave me a nudge towards the door. Thanks Niall! I took Harry's hand and he pulled me up onto the bus.

"Let's hit the top!" Harry yelled, pulling me towards the stairs since he was still holding my hand. I heard the boys shuffle on laughing and cracking jokes.

I was speechless as we climbed the stairs. Taking in such a wonderful moment. This was so sweet! I had never left America once and the guys were making sure I had a memorable trip even if I was here for 'work'.

I stood on the second deck looking around as the bus moved down the streets of London. I couldn't hide the smile that was glued on my face if my life depended on it. I looked over at Harry and smiled.

"This is so wonderful, Thank you."

"As William Ewart Gladstone said, "....the way to see London is from the top of a 'bus"." He returned my smile, squeezing my hand.

It wasn't until we heard the boys awwwing at us that we noticed we were still holding hands. It had just felt so natural and so right. We both quickly pulled our hands away and looked off to opposite sides of the bus. I instantly could feel the absence of his hand in mine and slightly pouted about not having the courage to ignore simple little things.

Our first stop was the popular Trafalgar Square.

The bus driver pulled up and stopped at the sidewalk to let us out. I awwed at the view of the fountain, statutes and buildings. Tourists were taking pictures and children ran about enjoying the open space while couples walked by hand in hand whispering to each other. It was a lovely site.

I quickly turned around to get Harry's attention when I noticed young girls had flocked to him and the guys and were now taking picture after picture of them, with them, whatever. I ignored the jealous feeling in my chest as I turned and walked to the fountain. 

There was no reason to feel the way I am. Its not like Harry is my actually boyfriend or anything... Not that I want that. This is strictly business, I must keep reminding myself of this or else my head is going to lose focus on the plan.

I looked back over at the huge group of people surrounding the boys of One Direction, surrounding Harry.

Why did I care? I shouldn't, but I did. I don't like Harry. After I thought this though I knew I was dead wrong... Sigh! No, no, no! He lives in London and I in Los Angeles, a normal relationship is just not possible between us. He's a heartthrob in a hot boyband and me... Just a normal working woman who -in his eye- is an Escort.

I realized after receiving strange looks that I was looking off at the fountain like a complete psycho path. I decided since I was here, to take some pictures and not dwell on negatives feelings.

I took some amazing scene shots then asked a few people to take a couple pictures of me with certain statues and buildings around the square. All the while thinking about Harry and One Direction just as if they we summoned they all bustled up to me.

"We want to be in your memory album, Kris!" Louis yelled jumping at me with his arms wide. I smiled at the nickname.

"Yeah, we don't want to take you around and not make it in any of the pictures." Zayn said putting his hands in his pockets shrugging.

"We are terribly sorry for not being able to go around with you from the beginning, but fans are very important to all of us." Liam said apologetically. Niall, who was standing next to him agreed by shacking his head.

Harry was walking up behind everyone kind of dragging his feet. What the heck was his problem? All the others boys seemed to be in a good mood.

I kindly asked a middle-aged woman to take a picture of us. The boys all yelled and opened there arms while Harry wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close. My heart beat faster as he leaned into me. He was close. To close. In fact, if I would turn my head up I could brush my lips against his jawline and just that thought scared me. I stood perfectly still breathing in the moment of being near him and feeling happy.

I laughed at all the boys funniness and kindly took the camera back looking at the picture. Harry and I were in the center while Zayn, Louis, Liam and Niall were popping out behind us with there arms out, frameing us. I smiled down at the picture and made sure to save it.

"Where to next?" I asked glancing up from the camera screen.

"Let's head back to the bus and you'll see." All the boys said together.

On our way back to the bus, I fell behind a bit taking one more good look at the lovely square. I didn't even notice the boys had gotten ahead of me until I bumped into someone.

"Oh! I'm sorry, didn't see you." I regretted my words after I had said that. The person I bumped into was very familiar and I felt I had seen him somewhere before. He was short with ginger colored hair. He had a evil little grin on his face.

"Was that supposed to be a short joke? I've heard it before." He jokingly said pointing out his height.

"Oh no. I didn't even realize what I was saying, sorry again." I scratched the back of my neck as I smiled at him. "I better go, my group is waiting for me." I begin to walk again but he called me to wait.

"I just need a little bit of your time, Kristen Brooks."

I become aware and focused when he said my name. My whole name.

"How do you know my name?" I asked. I hadn't talked to anyone. Not many in this country knew my full name just the boys and management, I thought. I hadn't had any interviews yet and I know for sure I hadn't told anyone. I knew my first name had been thrown around but not my last. Had someone talked? Surely not, I am surrounded by respectful people. No way would one of them talk to the press about me. So then... What else is there? Unless this man has stalked me back in time, back to America, back to what I do and where I live. No! I tried to push the thought out of my head. Tried, yes and failed.

"That's not important," I hated how he brushed it off so easily. "the important matter here is you." He said with such a matter-of-fact voice.

"Me?" I echoed him.

"Yes, you. How does one American girl come to know the famous boys of One Direction? and by that I really mean Harry."

The only thing Harry and I have really done together in public was meet at the airport. Nothing has been set in stone yet with any of my relationships with the boys. I was giving this man absolutely nothing. He'll have to wait for the interview.

"I'm sorry, but I have nothing to say at this moment in time." I started to walk away, he followed.

"Everyone is talking. It isn't fair to keep the world in the dark."

I stopped. Frustrated. "Last time I checked this was my life. So sorry if I believe in a little thing called privacy." I really emphasized the last word. I tried not to be rude, but I think I failed as I turned my back to him and began walking away.

"I dig, Kristen! Be warned now that the people ask questions and I get answers." He called after me, but I ignored him and continued walking.

How dare that man threaten me. Does he realize I'm an American and pride runs deep through my veins? I sighed as I approached the bus. What a way to sour the whole day. Something so simple, yet so mood changing. Funny how things like that get to me...

Harry was waiting for me by the bus door. When he saw me, concern crossed his face.

"What's wrong?" He immediately asked as I walked up.

"Nothings wrong." I said stepping onto the bus. He followed and the driver closed the door and started moving.

I started making my way towards the stairs, but Harry moved quickly in front of me so I couldn't pass.

"Talk to me." He pleaded.

I sighed and took a sit, looking up at him I began to speak.

"It's just there was this reporter and he was just kind of getting up in my grill." He looked some what confused by my speech and it almost made me laugh at how adorable he looked. "Personal space?" He nodded letting me know he understood and I could continue. "Well, he threatened me and I didn't like it. I feel like my life isn't really mine and it scares me and I haven't even done an interview yet. Nothing has been declared between us and people are already talking." He leaned against the steal bar he was holding onto and closed his eyes and listened as I went on and on and on.

I was speaking almost anything that was coming to mind. It was nice that he just patiently listened to me. I liked it, a lot and personally it touched my heart. I loved how I could be so open with him... He was definitely different to other guys I had met previously to him. He opened my eyes to see things differently and I like that...

"Let people talk. They will no matter what you say or do so there is no point in getting upset over it because you can't control it." Harry finally spoke in my long silence. Why was he upset earlier anyway? He seems pretty okay now other then the fact of being concerned about me.

Oh. My. Gosh. Me! He was concerned about me? He cared about my feelings and why I was upset. I wonder what he truly thinks about me. I've heard him say I'm different but what does he mean? To bad I didn't have the guts to ask.

"Harry, why were you upset earlier?" His eyes widened just a bit not much to notice, but I did.

You see, that question was pressing in my mind since that picture was taken. Why did he walk up upset? He had just finished with his fans, maybe someone said something that bothered him? I was curious.

Harry had closed his eyes to take a deep breath. When he finally opened them, he spoke.

"Because I wanted to be the one going around with you. Because I wanted to be the one to take the pictures for you. I wanted to be the one you shared your experiences with."

He said it so blunt. No digging around the Bush with guessing games or late night thoughts that keep you up all night. He wanted to be by my side. I wasn't sure in what context he was referring to, but just knowing that I wasn't alone in the feeling of wanting to spend time with him was refreshing. I placed my hand over his hand that was holding the bar next to where I was sitting and a happy tingling feeling rushed through my body. He glanced at our hands then smiled as he opened his fingers, letting mine slip between them.

What are you doing Kristen? Don't feel happy about this...

Who was I trying to kid? I was and I couldn't stop myself from feeling the way I was feeling.

____

Another chapter completed! I told the summary of this story to someone and they said it sounds like a great story! I cannot wait to write more! :)

~Sea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 38 15
I walked on the nearly empty bus in New York City, which was very rare. It was the middle of the night and this was the last train going around the t...
880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
15.4K 382 29
Cora Greer's life has been nothing but a major pain in the ass, so it shouldn't come as a surprise when she finally decides to put an end to her mise...
477K 10.6K 29
{This story is copyright} "HARRY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The guy punched my in the jaw and my body hit the floor. My vision blurred and...