Chapter Twenty-Four - Be alright

I saw One Direction last night at the Sleep Train Amphitheater in San Diego. It was awesome! They sung the Best Song Ever which was a real treat since it is their new single and a lot more of my favorite songs.

So onto the chapter now!

~Sea :)

Chapter Twenty-Four

Cold. I am so cold. Need warmth.

My head was hurting and I was cold. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't.. In fact, I couldn't move any part of my body.

Help me...

~Harry~

My heart sank to the pit of my stomach when I found her laying in the rain unconscious, on the sidewalk behind the gala building. I moved to her side immediately and swooped her up into my arms. She was soaked and freezing. Her skin was cold to the touch and I began to worry. She could get hypothermia!

Sprinting as fast as I could back to the building I made sure to hold Kristen tight and firm for she was completely limp in my arms and I don't think I had seen anything like it before. The rain was falling hard and just the short time I had been out side, I was starting to feel chilled. I was overjoyed when I saw the limo coming around the street corner and as it approached I thought of what I should do.

"Hospital now and heater up!" I told the driver as I slipped in watching Kristen's head. I laid her across the seat and I kneeled beside her. She looked pale and her lips were blue as well as her fingers.

What have I done? Why did I let her get away from me? If I had held on tighter she wouldn't be like this. It's all my fault.

"...Help me.. " Kristen's voice pulled me out of my pity party. I had to do what I could for her. I quickly slipped off my suit jacket and unbuttoned my shirt, pulling that off as well leaving me bare chested.

I gathered Kristen into my arms and cradled her to my body as I blew hot breathe on her ears. Kirsten, please be okay! I couldn't live with myself if this damaged you permanently. Her skin was icy cold and that electric feeling I am so used to feeling has vanished and replaced with a dull aching that filled my chest.

Why did she run from me? Why was she crying? I want her to be safe and secure. Even though I haven't known her that long I feel more connected with her than anyone I know. I... I think I love her.

The revelation shook me like a earthquake and I squeezed her to my body trying to give her my warmth. I loved having her in my arms, but I hated that she has to be freezing to death to make it okay.

"We are here, sir." The driver announced as he pulled up to the ER.

"Help me with her!" I was getting anxious and my heart was racing. The driver took Kristen from me while I grabbed my suit jacket slipping it on. I took Kristen back into my arms and ran full speed for the building with the driver following behind me.

Once the nurse saw me she made a quick call and then made her way towards me.

Before she could say anything I blurted out frantically "Hypothermia!" as two other nurses came out of no where with a hospital bed. They told me to lay Kristen down and I obeyed placing her gently on the mobile bed. When they started to push it I jogged along with her, holding her hand taking in her full image before they pushed through the double doors I was not allowed to enter.

Please be alright, Kristen. I sent up a silent prayer as my hand slipped from hers and she was gone leaving me alone in a corridor again.

"Sir?" The same patient nurse that was sitting at the desk caught my attention. "You may wait in the lounge if you'd like." She motioned towards a door and I thanked her appreciatively and walked through.

The room was a simple carpeted room with chairs along the wall and a few in the center to maximize space efficiency. No one was there as I took a seat in the corner resting my head against the wall. My eyes drifted to the curtained windows and I could see the dark and powerful rain outside as it hit up against the window.

My heart had calmed a bit, but not enough to stop my worry for Kristen. The last picture of her in my head was pale with no color in her cheeks. I couldn't believe that just a few hours ago she was so alive chatting with Eleanor and sitting beside me in the car giving me courage. I think I messed up... Messed up badly. I recalled her screams in the hallway when I had caught her. She pounded my chest and screamed she couldn't handle my lifestyle or me. I ran my hands threw my hair joining them at the back of my neck pulling my head down.

She wouldn't be feeling this way if I hadn't treated her so poorly! I thought what I was doing was helping the both of us, but in reality it was pulling me a part inside and hurting her.

I dwelled in my thoughts for what felt like hours. Suddenly arms were on my shoulders and Louis' voice pierced my ears.

"Hazza, are you alright?" I looked up to see all my best mates around me staring at me with concern.

"Nathan (the driver) came back and told us what happened. We came as soon as we could." Liam spoke patting my shoulder in a way to comfort me.

"Thanks guys." I spoke softly. It felt good to have them here. I didn't feel so alone now.

"Is Kristen alright?" Niall asked. I shrugged not really knowing what to say. Was she alright? I had no idea.

No one came to see us for hours. All the boys took seats and it was all quiet as we waited and waited. Finally a door opened and a doctor came through. I was the first one to hop up. "Is she okay?" I asked my heart starting up again.

The doctor checked his clipboard then looked at me. "Ms. Brooks is now doing well. She had a severe case of hypothermia. She is warm now and resting. Blood is flowing evenly through her body again."

"Can I see her?"

"Of course." Doctor told me a few more things and then he was gone. The boys and I quickly made our way through the hospital. Once we were outside of Kristen's room, the lads pushed me forward and told me they would wait a minute.

I nodded in gratitude. Once I was in the room I closed the door quietly and made my way over to the bed. The words of the doctor flashed through my head again and I was so relieved to hear she was okay. I peered around the long private curtain and my eyes were full of her. She was tucked under thick warm blankets and though she was pale, color was returning. I was nervous to take her hand because I was scared of the cold and sorrowful feeling I could feel.

Pushing through that, I took her hand and the electric warm tingle shot through my body. A smile spread across my face and I pulled up a chair not letting go of her hand. I gently stroked her skin with my thumb as my vision blurred a bit.

"I love you, Kristen Brooks. I love you." I said through choked soft sobs. I couldn't remember that last time I had actually cried, but this evening was crazy and my personal revelation hit me like a hammer to a nail. I squeezed her hand as I rested my head on the bed looking at her as she peacefully slept.

______

Hope you liked! Bye for now!