Chapter Twenty-Three - Cold

I know today isn't Thursday, but I felt bad for not updating last week so here is chapter twenty-three! Enjoy it!

Sea :)

P.S Who has seen the video to 'Best Song Ever'? It's so cute! The faces of the boys made me laugh. :)

Chapter Twenty-Three

My body filled with a super charge of electricity from his touch but more so from his lips. My heart was beating faster making my blood pump through my veins. Tears were streaming down my face, his kiss came at such a surprise to me that my body suddenly fell limp from my emotional rollercoaster.

His kiss was urgent but suddenly softened and his grip to me became more firm. "Kristen? He whispered my name as I fell limp in his arms. "Kristen, are you alright!?" His voice became frantic again as I didn't say anything. When I finally found my voice I spoke.

"You kissed me." I looked up into his amazing green eyes that were looking deep into mine while his teeth chewed on his bottom lip.

"I did." He said slightly nodding his head agreeing with my statement.

My eyes were stinging from my tears and my throat was sore from the huge lump that had grown in it.

Susan's words still stung and being with Harry was making them hurt more. It's all his fault I feel this way. I was kind to him all week long and he treated me so poorly, nothing could make up for any of that. Standing there in his arms made me glad I had come with an other alternative. A kiss couldn't cure the pain in my chest.

I gathered all the strength in my body and pushed against him hard, catching him off guard he stammered backwards and fell. "Kristen?" His voice sounded shocked but looking down in his eyes they showed concern.

Without saying a word I bolted further up the corridor all the while hearing him calling my name. The corridor darkened as I went down more and upon reaching the end I found two doors on either side of each other; one closed going up and one opened going down. Thinking quickly, I pushed opened the closed door then sprinted through the open one hiding in the darkness. The door closed as Harry approached and just as I was l hoping for, he took the bate and went through the closed door.

I knew I didn't have much time before Harry realized I was not ahead of him. So I slipped off my heels and made my way down the staircase to the first floor. I was in the back of the building so it was easy to find one of many doors leading out into a back ally. It was absolutely freezing outside and without my coat for warmth my skin was exposed to the cold. Wrapping my arms around myself I made my way through the ally to the street behind the building. Paparazzi were no where in site. In fact, I didn't see anyone.

The street was deserted as I walked down the cold sidewalk cement with my shoes in hand. "You are a whore" Susan's words still hurt like a punch in the gut. Those 3 words awakened inside me something I thought I didn't have: Regret for coming here.

I wanted to live my dream life but not at the cost of feeling alone and hurt. My mind drifted to Harry several times. Why couldn't he have been there for me? Why did he continue to push me away until now.

I recalled his lips. He had kissed to quiet me.. It wasn't for anything more. I can't believe I was so stupid to think he had mutual feelings for me. Everyone and maybe even Eleanor are in on this game Harry is playing.

"Well I am sick of it!" I screamed letting out my anger, hurt and frustration. I stumbled and fell on the ground. Rain started then, ruining my gorgeous gown further. I was cold and alone, but I didn't care. It was my fault to begin with.. I got myself into the situation and now I am going to get myself out. Even if I have to crawl to the airport.

The rain felt like ice drops as they hit me. I shivered every time but pressed on, crawling on my hands and knees. I was so focused on my rage and hurt that when I fell fully to the ground I kept trying to move pulling my body along the ground. I was grateful for the rain then, it made the ground slippery.

I must look pretty scary right now. A girl sliding a cross the ground like some zombie. I laughed at that and my teeth chattered but I didn't take much notice to it. I just had to keep moving.

Get away. Get home. Was all I was thinking as I curled into a ball and slowly began to shiver uncontrollably.

______

Dadada! *sings evilly* what do you think? Hope it is enjoyable!

Next chapter :)