Epilogue

Today marks a year. I shook my head slightly while rolling my shoulders. I sat with my work partner and best friend in this new country, Eliza, barely listening to what she was saying as I thought about what had happened a year ago.

Harry had come to rescue me from my downward spiral of heartache. I thought I was opening the front door to pizza, but in reality I had opened Jennifer's front door to my future. The kissing and making up was the easy part, being together was a little more difficult. First, we are citizens of different countries. Second, Harry is still much very loved by his fans, especially now with the release of Midnight Memories just a few months ago.

Once we had both let go of our reservations about each other and our love had flourished, we began the task of how to make our relationship work. At first, it was long distance, but once my application for BP: Barns Patrick Advertising was accepted I secured a work visa and moved to London.

"Are you listening to me?" Eliza poked my arm and bringing me back to the present. "Sorry, Liz. No." I said honestly with an apologetic smile. She threw her hands up in the air dramatically, acting appalled. "How are we ever going to finish this project if you are in La-La land?" I laughed at her effort to over emphasize her English accent.

"I have not!"

"For the past few days you have." She lowered her arms and folded them across her chest, raising an eyebrow at me. "What did Harry do?"

My face flushed at just hearing his name come out of her mouth. I had always wondered if the butterflies he gave me would eventually go away. To a certain extent, they had. But recently, I have been more sensitive to such girlish feelings. I concluded it had to be because our 1 year anniversary.

"No-nothing." I stammered. "I was thinking back a bit about my life. 6 months ago my life changed. I never thought I would be living in London and on top of that, working for Mr. Patrick."

Eliza rubbed my arm tenderly. "Hey, life is crazy sometimes but in the end it works out. I'm so happy you started working here! Every day your first week, I gushed to Jasper at how blessed I felt to be working with such a strong willed woman!"

I laughed at the memory. Poor Jasper, he had begged me to put Eliza on a leash. A joke, but secretly I think part of it was true because she had been making quite the ruckus in our department. "You were a crazy person." I said through my snickers.

We were both laughing out loud when Jasper cleared his throat, making us aware of his presence. "You silly girls," He shook his head and then continued, "Kris, Harry is on his way up and Liz, that project was due on my desk this morning." Eliza and I both stared at each other trying not to laugh. Busted!

"My apologies, Jasper. It's basically done, I'll drop it on your desk as I leave today." Eliza said with a wave of her hand as Jasper took his leave. After I got over laughing, I cleared my eyes of the slight tears that had formed there and glanced back at the door when I felt someone watching me. Harry. My heart skipped as I stared at my boyfriend. Millions of girls in the world want him. Crave him, but here he is with me. Staring at me with those green eyes that match mine. He must have been thinking about today as well. I wonder if he spaced out all day long as well. He came to surprise me at work because of our anniversary! My heartbeat increased as I realized that sweetness of this gesture.

"Hey baby." He purred to me as he made his way into the room and planted a chaste kiss on my lips. I hummed happily, "hi," I whispered as he pulled back to stare into my eyes.

"So," Eliza cleared her throat, "I'm gonna go and finish this and then head home. Have fun this weekend, Kris!" Eliza leaned in and gave me a quick hug, gathered up the papers scattered about the table, and then left the room. This weekend? I turned back to Harry with a puzzled expression. "What's wrong, Kristen?" Harry asked as he smoothed some hair out of my face.

Just Let Go (Harry Styles)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें