Chapter Thirty-One - Internship Event

Chapter Thirty-One

I was starstruck all the way back to the flat. Of course I would go, but how? What sort of excuse could I give Harry to sneak out tonight and go quickly to the Internship Event. In occurred to me as I was opening the flat door that I was thinking of making excuses to the man I love and who loves me.

"I should just tell him the truth and ask him to go with me!" I said aloud in frustration. But, as easy as it sounded, I could not do it. The popular saying, easier said than done came to my mind. I slumped down onto the couch and folded my arms. I tried to picture myself telling Harry about my true self. I imagined telling him and in response, him taking me into his arms and telling me that it didn't matter or that he already knew in is heart. That outcome made my heart softened, but it quickly tightened back up when I thought of the other outcome. I saw Harry angry, hurt, and confused. I saw him questioning us and me as a person. I was scared he would see me as a user... which, was not the case anymore. I needed Harry now. I love him with all my heart and that is why I could not bare to tell him the truth. I could not bare to lose him.

My nose sniffled and my tears from when I was about to cry in the street were coming back on full force, they were about to spill over, but then my phone rang. I fumbled around in my purse for it and when I saw who was calling, my heart soared and clenched all at the same time.

"Hi Harry." I said as I answered the phone overly sweetly, trying to cover up my emotional state.

"Hey Beautiful," He said smiling, I could tell. But his tone changed as he continued. "Are you alright?" I froze, paralyzed. Harry could tell I was upset and if I lied, he would most likely ask again, this was it.  The time came for me to tell the truth, I should pour my heart out right now and then tell him about the party. Do it, Kristen.

"I'm fine, just watching a drama that is so believable that it got me crying." Wait! This isn't what you want to say, my conscious screamed at me but I couldn't stop my mouth from moving. "How is the radio broadcast going?"

"It's good, it's good. Oh, the reason I called-"

I quickly cut him off, trying to be cute. "To hear my voice, right?"

I got Harry to laugh, his laugh was deeper and sounded more irresistible on the phone. "That was one of the reasons, the other is to tell you that I am going to be home late tonight.  I forgot to tell you that the radio stationed held a VIP ticket winning event and we are performing for a small crowd tonight at the station."

The words that echoed through my ears was the fact that Harry just said he was going to be home late." How late is late?" I asked curiously. An idea coming to mind.

"I shouldn't be out past midnight, most likely 11ish. Will you be okay alone? I could ask a car to pick you up and you can come here." I thought about the close proximity that I would be to all of One  Directions fans. I was still scared of their aggressive nature. I decided to use this late night to an advantage.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be fine tonight. Sing well tonight!" I heard someone call for Harry on his side of the phone.

"Hey, babe, I gotta go. I am being called back." He sounded reluctant to go.

"Okay, I love you!

"I love you too."

Click.

Our phone call ended and I slumped back further on the couch then I did before. I could go to the event tonightat BP. I could go and be back in time and Harry would never know. Guilt began to fill my chest and I tried to ignore it by pushing myself off the couch and toward my room to get ready.