Chapter Twenty-Five - Realization!

Chapter Twenty-Five

I was sweating like never before as I slowly became conscious. My eyes opened to mild light in a unfamiliar room. I heard beeps from something by my bed and looking to see what it was, I was shocked to see a heart rate meter. I adjusted a bit but couldn't move very much because I was under such heavy blankets and that's when I noticed a warm wrap around my hand, looking down I saw Harry! I jumped and the bed slightly moved and the heart meter beeped non stop for a good 5 seconds while my heart calmed down.

He grunted and rubbed his face against my hand but other than that, nothing. He was sleeping. I was glad I didn't wake him, I wasn't ready to talk to him... Or anyone for that matter. I tried to remember what happened last night but my head hurt. I noticed my elbows were bandaged and I could feel my knees bandaged as well.

What happened? I... I ran from Harry. Susan had hurt me. That's right, but then how did I end up in the hospital? My head started to spin and that's when I rested it fully on the pillow. Suddenly I heard a few people shuffle into my room. Once I heard the small quiet voices of the boys from One Direction, I shut my eyes and pretended to sleep.

"Hey." Louis whispered most likely nudging Harry because he grunted again. This went on for a minute or so because it looked like Harry was a pain to get up. Finally I felt his head lift softly, I held my breath.

"Is she awake?" His sleepy voice was so perfect. it was groggy but concerning and it melted my heart. It hurt because I had been mad at him and even though he was part of the problem I couldn't help my feel for him. My heart and my head were two different things.

"No, sorry." Niall said sincerely.

"Then why did you wake me up?" Harry's head was fully off the bed now but he still held my hand.

"You have been here all day, Harry. It's time to go home, shower and sleep in your own bed. Not in a hospital chair." Liam spoke.

"It's my fault she's here!" Harry growled quietly so not to wake me, if I was asleep. "I have to be here when she wakes up. I have to... I need to talk with her and make things right." His voice calmed as he finished.

"We know, Harry. We are just trying to look out for you." Liam spoke again.

"How about you go home, shower and come back?" Zayn spoke compromising.

It was quiet for a moment, No one spoke until someone came in. "I have to check her readings." Must be the nurse. Harry's hand was suddenly gone and someone, the nurse most likely, bustled around my bed jotting down a few things because I heard a pen sliding across paper.

"How is she?" Harry's voice sounded through the quiet sounds of the room.

"She is doing quite well. Her readings are getting better and better every time." The nurse said stepping back. Her voice sounded further now.

"When do you think she will wake?" Harry again.

"She is just sleeping, It is up to her really. Her body might have been completely drained after fainting from hypothermia, so it is taking it's needed rest."

"She has been a sleep all day though, surely that should be enough?" A whole day? There is no way I could sleep for a whole day. It is just not possible for me. My lifestyle is get up and move and really I have been asleep for a whole day? This really threw my head off balance that it started to hurt again.

"Once her body is rested, it's normal functions will start up again. My guess she will have to use the restroom and her body will wake her up. It's just time. Is there any other questions I can answer?" The nurse was pleasant, but I could tell she just wanted to be out of here.

"No, thank you." Liam said to the retreating nurse then spoke "See, just time Harry. If it makes you feel better, I'll stay here while you are gone."

More silence. "Fine," Harry reluctantly said agreeing to Liam's suggestion. "but if you hear anything new call me right away." With saying that, Harry gave my hand a quick squeeze sending that familiar electric shock through me that I almost wanted to fidget and it took all my control to lay still and continue to sleep.

I heard some shuffling and a chair screech on the floor before there was complete silence.

I was planning to just go back to sleep, but the talk of using the restroom by the nurse has suddenly made my body tense with the built-up pressure. Maybe I can wait, Liam out. I think to myself fully knowing that he was not going to leave me anytime soon.

"You  can stop pretending you are sleeping." Liam suddenly said surprising me.

How did he know? I stayed still and quiet, waiting for Liam to speak again. Maybe I hadn't heard anything, but the silence that filled the air in the entire room told me otherwise. I slowly cracked one eye so I could see Liam. His expression was never changing as he sat in his seat waiting for me to stop pretending. Accepting I had been caught, I opened them fully.

"Hi." I simply said trying to clear the thick air of silence since Liam had not said anything.

"Hi." He says back. Neither of us speaks for a long second, then Liam continues. "What happened?"

I thought back to my earlier thoughts when I had asked myself that same question. I can't be here anymore and pretend to someone I am not. Susan's words cut deep to my soul like a sharp knife.

"I realized something when I was at the gala party..." I started slow, gathering my thoughts in the process. "I don't have what it takes to be here anymore."

"How can you say that when you came highly recommended from Ed Sheerin?" Liam said immediately.

I gripped my sheets tights and looked down at my hands. Because I am not really an escort. I'm a fake. I came here for myself. How could I break that to anyone easy? I know once Jennifer finds out, I might be fired anyway. I can't believe I have compromised my life with this stupid idea of getting what I want. I thought it was always BP: Barns Patrick advertising, but now that I have been here. I am confused. My heart and head are at war with each other.

"Kristen?" Liam spoke my name, calling my attention back to the current situation.

"I decided last night that I want to go home. There is no point being here anymore." I spoke matter of factly and sitting up.

"You say that, but I know you think differently. Don't you care about Harry? It's not just a job anymore, Kristen."

Pow! To my heart. Liam was right. After Harry started to treat me differently, I was upset. So upset, it caused me to worry and be confused. I wanted and yearned for Harry's attention and now, all I want is to throw it away and never see anyone from London again. At least, that is what my head says. My heart is on a completely different roller coaster.

I think I love Harry Styles. No, I know I love him. My heart started to pump faster again and that caused the heart meter to beap again. I looked at Liam as tears started to flood my eyes and over flow to my cheeks. I'm in love with Harry Styles. My hands shook and I covered my face with them.

"What do I do?" I mumbled through my sobs. My heart was aching in pain and in joy and I couldn't stop or control it.

Liam grabbed my hands and pulled them from my face. I looked at him through my tear - drenched eyes and he smiled warmly at me. "Tell him."

Oh those two words. "Easier said then done..." I spoke my mind out loud.

"You both have a strong attraction for each other. It is obvious. I can see it, Louis can see it, Niall can see it, and Zayn can see it. The only ones who reject to see it is you two."

I nodded and rubbed my nose with the back of my hand. I knew what I had to do. Confess everything. Everything from my feelings for Harry and my purpose for being here. I must fess up and tell the truth. If Harry loves me at all... I'm sure he would be understanding, right? Right. My conscious echoed back to me.