My moonlight (Sasuhina)

By Hinatadabest

Moon... She told him once... Rather than the sun that shines in day time... She wanted to to be moon... She w... More

Part 1 - Mother...
Part 2 - The first time meeting
Part 3 - What happened to Hinata?
Part 4 - Be a little Patient
Part 5 - Heart broken
Part 6 - Did she died?
Part 7 - The Understanding
Part 8 - Sasuke's sick
Part 9 - Don't go... Don't leave me
Part 10 - The fortress cracked...
Part 11 - She was just... simply kind...
Part 12 - The first piece...
Part 13 - He took her in
Part 14 - Just one more push..
Part 16 - Saving two lives
Part 17 - The walls have broken...
Part 18 - I won't leave you... Never...
Part 19 - The Forehead Poke
Part 20 - Her Nightmares...
Part 21 - Home...
Important inform.
Part 22 - Falling in love...
Part 23 - Feeling of being in love...
Part 24 - The Desire
Notice - I'm finally back guys!!
Part 25 - The Deadly mission

Part 15 - A glimpse of fragile Hinata

1.3K 58 14
By Hinatadabest

The fortress he took a lot time to build is not almost broken. Just one more push, then the building will be completely broken. If it did, Sasuke is sure that she will be the first one he will cherish...

Hinata: "Let's go shall we? I'm afraid we might miss lunch if we linger here." A cheerful smile on her lips made her more enchanting than she already was. Without waiting for the raven's answer, she has already walked away. If only she turned back for a moment, Hinata would see the smile on Sasuke's thin lips... or if she listens carefully... She might hear the heartbeat of Sasuke which is abnormal. 'You really are something Hyuuga.' Closing his eyes, letting his lips curve into a genuine smile, without surpassing his emotions, Sasuke let happiness invade his heart. 

.

.

.

.........The sound of light steps made the raven alert. Feeling a presence behind his back, Sasuke turned around to see the Hyuuga carrying a tray. The fresh coffee smell and her intoxicating lavender scent mixed and spread through the living room. Letting out a sigh, Sasuke closed his book and got up to help the girl. The raven didn't know what is inside that tray but she is having a hard time carrying it. As he took the thing from her, Hinata smiled faintly at the raven.

Hinata: "Thank you." She said softly while Sasuke responded with a small nod. It wasn't a strange thing for him anymore. In the afternoon, Hinata always makes him a cup of coffee or an afternoon snack. Sasuke also didn't mind because not only does he love coffee, but also it is nice to have a drink while he is reading. He raised an eyebrow as he saw a plate of cookies inside the tray where two cups of coffee were steaming.

Hinata: "I made you some cookies. I didn't add any sugar so it's a bit bitter." She explained after noticing his questioning gaze while Sasuke gave a 'Hn.' Grabbing the coffee mug, Sasuke took a sip and savored the warm liquid before swallowing. Hinata herself also took a sip from the cup and smiled as she tasted the chocolate. She always loved sweet things. Her eyes followed the movement of Sasuke's as the man's long fingers grabbed a piece of cookie she baked. As the man bit the cookie, tasting the flavor to make sure it is not sweet, Hinata's eyes focused on the expression Sasuke made. Although she didn't intend, staring at the raven without blinking made her look like someone who is admiring the beauty that God has blessed him with. Hinata can't deny if someone says that Uchiha Sasuke is like a Greek god statue that is sculpted by the most talented artist. Flawless and perfect.

Sasuke: "Stop staring at me like that Hyuuga." The raven said with a smirk as he caught the girl staring at him. Seeing the girl blush and look away was somehow amusing to him. He wondered if it is the same blush she had around his blonde teammate.

Hinata: "I ju-just wanted to know if the cookies are bad." She shuttered while hiding her blushing face behind the book she was currently. It was embarrassing for her to get caught like this. Hinata is sure her attempt to hide the blush on her cheeks failed when she caught a smirk attached to the raven lips.

Sasuke: "They are okay. I didn't know you could bake?" Yes, it was a strange thing to him to see the princess of the Hyuuga clan being able to cook and bake. In a powerful and respected clan like Hyuuga, Sasuke is sure that it is the branch members who take care of things like this. Being the eldest child of the clan head, Hinata is treated with respect and like a princess. So, it's unusual for her to be able to cook when she doesn't need to do those things.

Hinata: "Ohh, it's one of my hobbies, I got it from my mother." Her amethyst eyes softened and love filled them after remembering the memories she shared with her late mother. Seeing her expression, Sasuke realized that Hinata must love her mother very dearly. Also, he also noticed that he has never seen her mother or heard of her. He wasn't sure if she is still alive or not so it was better to shut up rather than bring up painful memories. Like Hinata who never talked about his parents or meddle in his business, the raven knows to respect other people's privacy.

.......The silent showered inside the living room as none of them talked, only the sound of their breathing and pages being flipped were heard. Sometimes, Sasuke would take a sip of coffee or have a bite of bitter cookies his tongue liked, that goes the same for Hinata although she didn't eat cookies as she didn't like bitter things. Sasuke didn't know when he started staring at her but his book was completely forgotten. Like an angle, everything about her was beautiful and peaceful. The way her lips form a smile when she is reading, the way her fingers traced the corner of the page before flipping it gently. Every movement she made looked so ethereal. He still remembers exactly... how her fingers were soft... how he felt when he held her hand... how warm her embrace was... how her fingers brushed through his hair... That obsidian bead that used to show no emotion but fury and hatred... a hint of softness took over now as if Hinata's gentleness spread to him. He claimed like that but later... he will find out that love and affection will be available when he looks at her... Only her...

.

.

.

Hinata: "Uchiha-san." She looked for the man everywhere to find no trace at all. Hinata pouted as she couldn't find Sasuke.

Sasuke: "Looking for me?" A rough whisper echoed through the narrow pathway behind the girl's back making the girl squeak in surprise.

Hinata: "Jkwefghwa. You scared me Uchiha-san." Although Sasuke wanted to chuckle seeing the girl panicked, being an Uchiha means showing your emotions is like a crime.

Sasuke: "So?" He asked again nonchalantly as he heard his name being called several times. Actually, Sasuke was on the roof for a long time and he heard her calls. It was just fun to see the girl wandering in no particular direction and calling out his name like a lost girl. Though it is a bit evil, he still enjoys it.

Hinata: "Oh. I was going to take a walk since the weather is nice. Would you like to join me?" As her worry faded away, a sweet smile blossomed on her lips creating an angelic sound at the same time. Sasuke paused for a moment to think about her offer. Although Sasuke doesn't like if someone is near him while he goes on a walk, Hinata was an exception. She wasn't annoying like his blonde teammate or talkative like Sakura. The girl was too busy finding the beauty in things around her to disturb him. Seeing her lips curved into a tender smile and the calm aura she radiated makes the raven feel peaceful. Giving a nod, Sasuke agreed to go on a walk with her.

.

.

.

..........Two young people walked side by side under the shady trees that protected the little road from the evening sun. As the wind blew, the dry orange leaves fell and drifted along with the breeze. Not only the leaves but also the faint lavender scent the girl radiated blended into the atmosphere as the time passed. A pair of alluring eyes looked at her surrounding with gentleness. Her eyes found a small stream where the crystal-like water flew on the mossy stones naturally. Looking at the tall trees that can be said as a gift from the earth, Hinata let herself fall in love with prepossessing nature. Everything seems beautiful to her. Including the water dropping to the ground from the grass or how the birds moved from one tree to another.

.........The spring, where all the flowers bloom making the forest looks breathtaking. Before this lovely season ends, the colorful butterflies flew happily from one flower to another tasting the numerous types of sweet nectar. A glamourous giggle escaped from her peach lips as she saw a butterfly resting on her little finger. As the butterfly flew away, Hinata smiled with enthusiasm and chased after it. As she took a step, her silky hair swayed left and right freely just like a waterfall. The silence that fell in this foggy forest is now filled with the laughter of the girl. The man just looked at her with an incomprehensible gaze, still confused about how can someone be this carefree and happy. Though his eyes softened and his heart agree that he is having a nice time, his ego wouldn't let him. He still hasn't forgiven himself completely. Someone like Uchiha Sasuke doesn't deserve to be happy. His eyes darkened at the thought. For a long time, he was at war with his inner self who tells his brain that he deserves redemption but his brain was too stubborn to agree with that. No matter how hard he tries, Sasuke will never be at peace... though he desperately wants it...

...His lone obsidian beads turned crimson red as his ears caught a groan of a woman. Surely, it wasn't from Hinata because the girl was also confused about the sound coming not far from them. With caution, the two of them walked toward the direction where the sound came.

Hinata: "Are you okay Oba-san?" Concern mixed in her tone as Hinata saw an old lady lying on the ground with a bruise on her leg. As Hinata handed her hand forward to help the lady get up, Sasuke grab her waist swiftly and stopped her. The girl looked at the raven with confused eyes.

Sasuke: "What are you doing here?" With suspicious eyes, Sasuke asked coldly releasing an intimidating aura around him. Being a rogue ninja and living in the sound village, it's normal if Sasuke doesn't trust someone easily. The raven thought it is strange to see an old lady in the dark forest so he activated his Sharingan in case something happened. 

"I am not an enemy. I am from the leaf village. My son is sick so I am here to find some medical plants but I accidentally fell. Lady Hinata do you remember me?" Despite the pain she was feeling, the old woman explained at length as she was afraid of the raven who is ready to kill her any second. 

Hinata: "Yachi-san? Oh my. How can I not remember you?" Sasuke raised an eyebrow as Hinata said an unfamiliar name but he turned off the Sharingan with the fact that this woman is not dangerous. Sasuke looked at the girl with a questioning look to explain who the lady really is which Hinata responded with a smile. 

Hinata: "She has a bakery in the village. Her cinnamon rolls are my favorite." With an affable tone, Hinata helped the old woman to get up as Sasuke released his grip. 

Hinata: "Can you walk Oba-san?" She asked benevolently while gathering the plants and leaves the woman has gathered. 

Yachi: "It's not that serious. Thank you but  I must hurry. My son is having a severe fever so." The woman said in a rush after remembering her son's condition. 

Hinata: "Maybe I can help you. Uchiha-san you can go home first if you want." With an angelic smile that seems to glow, Hinata offered a hand to the lady which brought a smile to the woman's lips. 

Yachi: "I wouldn't mind some help." The woman said she led the way to her house while Hinata followed from behind. As the Hyuuga felt a familiar cologne from behind, she turned back a little to see the last Uchiha following her steps with his usual cold aura. As Sasuke turned his attention to the girl, a thin smile attached to her glossy lips before she diverted her attention to the back of the woman. Sasuke just rolled his eyes and let out a low scoff. He didn't know if he should call her 'Ms. who likes to help everyone or Hyuuga Hinata.' Who would follow to a random people's house so carelessly like this? 

.

.

.

......Tears welled up in the 63 years old lady as soon as she entered the room where her son was sleeping. Her one and only son was turning blue for a mystifying reason. Without caring about the two people that followed her from behind, the lady immediately ran to her son and shook his cold body which is unconscious. As Hinata observed the situation, she also rushed to the bed. 

Hinata: "This isn't a fever. Please calm down and tell me when did he become ill?" After seeing the veins of the middle age man turning blue making it looks terrifying, Hinata realized that it is most likely to be poison. Although she is not an expert medic like Sakura, the girl knows a lot about poison and antidotes. 

Yachi: "He cam-came back fr-from the fo-forest to get som-some sup-supplies for the ba-bakery and th-that night he fell ill." Between the sobs, the woman tried her best to answer Hinata's question. Hinata tried to figure out what happened to the man while gathering up the possibility of what can happen in the forest. 

Sasuke: "A snake bite." Sasuke walked calmly toward the body that is limp and pointed out the two holes on his arm that is covered with this shirt. Whenever the poison spread, the veins near the wound have a darker color. As the man was wearing a T-shirt and the injury was on the arm, it was a bit hard to locate where the wound is as the poison spread to both neck and arm. Hinata confirmed the wound before taking a deep breath. It might be hard to save this man now as the poison has spread inside his body but she is going to try. Try her best to save a life of a stranger for the fact that she knows how much impact the man's death will affect a heart. 

.....Hinata took off the shirt the man was wearing to treat the wound. It wasn't time to be embarrassed to see a half-naked man because life is inside her hands. The girl concentrated and transferred a bit of chakra to her fingertips piercing the flesh where the snake bit. A blue and red liquid mixed together and came out from the arm. Ignoring the blood that looks gross, Hinata tried her best to absorb the venom that is spreading the veins after locking some chakara points. her palms released a familiar green light. The medical chakara she radiated started to dissolve in the blood and break down the venom little by little.  

...........Sweat started to form on her forehead as she couldn't focus anymore. Determined to save the person in front of her yet the pain she was feeling was burning terribly. Slowly the green chakara she used to heal the man started to fade away making Sasuke activate the Sharingan, copying every movement the girl made. A tired sigh escaped from Hinata's lips as her vision started to blur. If she continues using the chakra that is running out, she will die. Her mind was at war, should she take the risk of dying to save the man or see the woman crying over his son's death? Is her life as important as the man in front of her? Is she worthy enough to live? Despite the blood running down from her nose, Hinata decided. That she will save this man even if it means she will die. Then, A strong hand gripped her waist stopping the chakra she was releasing. Shortly after that, her body that was in pain was pushed gently as Sasuke sat near the patient. 

..........The raven has never learned about medical things but having a Sharingan he believed that he would be able to break down the poison at least. What was he supposed to do? Let a girl die in front of his eyes when he can help two people at a time? He will never forgive himself if he lets her die. I mean when he could have saved her. The woman's heart was pounding so fast with fear that she thought it would come out of her chest while waiting for the Uchiha to make his move. Hinata sat unsteadily while forcing her heavy eyelids to open with a sharp pain that is throbbing inside her head. Sasuke started to perform the same movements Hinata did, his destructive chakara is now transformed into a healing chakara that is saving someone's life. 

......The venom inside the man's veins was now broken down with the help of Sasuke's chakra. It took some minutes for the man to become normal again when Hinata wrapped his wound with bandaged and waited for him to wake up. Blinking, the old lady cried again to see her son opening his eye weakly. Hinata also smiled radiantly to see the middle age man recovering from the deadly poison. Her effort wasn't in vain. The pain she suffered was worth it when she saw the woman hugging her one and only son very rightly. She was glad that she was able to save one life... 

'Dug' 

Hinata winced. Feeling a tormenting pain that pierced her heart. The memories she never wanted to remember flashed through her mind. Her mother... She wasn't able to save her...

[Flashback]

Hinata: "Mother?" A little version of Hinata whispered after opening the door of her mother's room. The atmosphere was cold, the silence was deafening, and a hint of fear brushed through Hinata's heart as she slowly walked toward the bed. Waiting for her mother to notice her and hug her warmly like usual, a 9-year-old girl felt suffocated by the darkness of the room. Hinata climbed on her parents' bed to see her mother sleeping soundly under the blanket. Her eyes sparkled with happiness. Uncovering the blanket with her tiny strength, the little girl joined her mother's sleep. 

...Her breath hitched. It was so cold. Her mother's skin.  Her mother's touches are always soft and warm but now... Hard and cold. She felt the coldness in her veins and heart like a freezing blizzard passed through her. Simply her brain thought it was because of the winter. 

Hinata: "Mother?" She whispered again as she felt no heartbeat of her mother when she lay on her mother's arm. 

Hinata: "Mother." Tears welled up in her eyes. "Mother. Please wake up." Hinata shouted to wake her mother up from sleeping. Eternal sleep... Hinata cried shaking the lifeless body of her beloved mother. Scared... 

...The door opened, revealing the head of the Hyuuga clan who is none other than her father. hearing the screams of his eldest child, Hiashi headed toward their room where the shouting came from.

Hinata: "Mot-mother isn't wa-waking up." Hiashi froze. Swallowing his Silvia, the man approached his wife. Staring at the angelic face he fell deeply in love with, ignoring the sobs from her daughter... his heart hardened... his world became dark... feeling his heart being stabbed by several knives... his heart died... She was his soul, his heart, his world, and everything... Like his soul parted from his body... Hiashi's heart accompanied the spirit of his wife that is in heaven... leaving him empty... 

.

.

.

Hinata stared at the corpse of her mother with tears...

......It was the funeral... her body was dressed in all black to resemble that she is in pain for her death... She can see the hardened expression on her father's face that used to be soft and gentle... Beside her was an infant, Hanabi Hyuuga who is looking at big people with her round dazzling eyes... She didn't understand why people look so sad... or why her father was looking at Hinata with hateful eyes...

She wasn't ready... she wants to see her mother again...

She wants to cook with her mother again, wipe the creams on each other faces again...

She wants to grow the plants together with her again...

She wants to be cuddled by her mother and father at the same time again...

She wants to see her mother's smile... when she is reading a book, or when she is looking at Hanabi... 

She wants to comb her mother's long hair again...

She needs to feel her warmth, to be embraced by her at night...

She needs to hear her sweet hums...

but it's impossible now... she is gone... her mother is gone... Forever...

Though her heart claimed that her mother is just sleeping...

Yes her mother isn't dead... she is just sleeping... 

......Her death left a wound that will never disappear or heal but besides that, the fact that she couldn't save her mother damaged her terribly... The doctor said... if only... if only Hinata called out for her father. earlier.. her mother.. would be alive now... Is it Hinata's fault? Is it because of her that her mother couldn't make it? Is that why her father is treating her so harshly? Can he understand that Hinata would exchange her life if only that can bring back her mother? Can he understand that she was hurting too? Since then... the death of Hikari Hyuuga, the beloved wife of Hiashi Hyuuga was because of Hinata... but not because of cancer... 

A weak girl, a fragile failure... that's what a 9 years old girl was labeled...

2/6/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546K 16.3K 38
Three lonely years has passed since Sakura Haruno last seen her long-time crush. And after Sasuke left the village, he finally came back for an unkno...
661 2 21
"The world is grey, it's simple, nothing can be trusted. For a child like me, who can I trust in this place with everything trying to take my life? T...
10.9K 515 30
The bond between Sasuke, Naruto, and I (Hinata) is extraordinary. It's a relationship that we can't openly talk about with others. We are essentially...
164K 5.2K 100
Hinari Uchiha, also called Sunshine, was born on a warm summer night. But she was not like the other Uchihas from her clan. Her eyes, which should be...