More Than Friends

By jthawtiter

Everybody life is good, living great, and enjoying their purpose for being on earth. Family means everything... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 Pt. 1
Chapter 63 Pt. 2
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 75

893 43 28
By jthawtiter

*Pierre in MM*

Payton woke up to go check on the kids and ask Shawn what he wanted for breakfast. As she finished brushing her teeth she walked out the bathroom to see August up.

"Payton I wasn't ready for you to get up" he told her as he rolled over looking at her.

"August I have to make breakfast" Payton told him with a slight smile.

"Well I guess I'll get up" he said throwing the covers off him.

"Alright" she said as she walked out the room.

"Who waste water" Payton asked herself as she walked up the stairs seeing that they was damp.

"Morning kid, what you wan-" Payton paused as she walked in and seen shawn was gone from his bed.

She looked around for any suspicious activity. Seeing the window was locked she checked the bathroom he had in his room and it was also empty. She walked over to the bed and checked his seats. Seeing blood on his pillow she didn't even panic.

"Somebody got the balls to come in my house and take my kid" Payton talked to herself as she walked down the steps.

"Payton I'm gone get Adam u- what's wrong you" he grabbed her gently seeing she wasn't paying any attention to him.

She looked up at him with no expression. No emotion no nothing. But there was something in her eyes that showed she was about to do something that wasn't good.

"August, Shawn is missing" she told him as she walked around him.

"What you mean" he asked as he followed her limping.

"He's not in his room....there's blood on his pillow, and the stairs are wet. Somebody broke in here and took my kid" she told him as she went to the closet with a suitcase.

"What is that" he asked as he sat down on the end of the bed watching her.

"My guns" she told him as she put the code in with no hesitation.

"How you know he didn't sneak out again" August asked her and she looked at him.

"August I know my kid, he looked me dead in my eyes and told me he was sorry." Payton told old him as she loaded up her three guns as if she was professional.

"How do you know he wasn't lying" August asked her and he was lowkey making her mad, but she understood why he was asking the questions.

"Because I taught him that if you apologized you mean and you don't ever do it again. He knows that and I know him so I know for a fact he didn't leave this house without my permission" Payton told him and August sigh.

"Well imma cal the police" August said grabbing his phone.

"You do that" Payton told him as she walked off leaving her suitcase, she was so calm.

She was actually too calm for the situation. So with no doubt he called 911. He knew she was about to do something crazy.

"911 what's your emergency" the operator answered his call.

"Morning, I have a child that's missing" August told her as he put the phone to his ear.

"Okay, how long has the child been missing" she asked and August turned Payton suitcase around to see what she had.

"Since lastnight" he answered her question.

"I'm sorry sir but it takes 48 hours before we can make a report" she told him and he looked at suitcase before speaking.

"Y'all ain't that long, my girl is crazy about her kids so either y'all find him first or she will but when she do it, she gone drop somebody so I suggest y'all gone and make that report while we on the phone now" August explained to her.

"Okay sir, what's your address. I'll send officers out to you to get some details" she told him as she realized he was serious.

He gave her the address and as he hung up aptuon walked out fully dressed. He hair in a nice and neatly tight bun. She looked pretty.

"Payton the police on the way" he told her as she put the guns in her waist band.

"Okay" she said as she put the third gun in her sock pulling her pant leg over it.

"Let's wait for them first Payton" he suggested and Payton looked up at him.

"Okay" she closed her suitcase sitting it on the side of the bed.

"You still want breakfast" she asked him and he shook his head no.

"No I just want you to calm down" he told her but he didn't know why, she was already that.

"I calm as I could ever be" she said as she sat beside him.

"You should call Michelle" he suggested and she got up to get her phone.

She dialed her number and August just watched her. There was something about her at the moment that made him more attractive to her. She was fearless, & her calmness meant she was ready for whatever. Normally parents would be losing their minds, but not Payton.

Meanwhile, Michelle was laying in the bed still in labor. The hospital was so pack but the baby wasn't coming no time soon. While her and her baby father waited her phone began to ring.

"Payton is calling me" she told him as she picked up her ringing phone.

"Answer it, we can't seem to suspicious" he told her and she sigh taking a deep breath.

"Hey Payton" Michelle sounded all innocent.

"Morning, where you at" she asked and Michelle put the phone on speaker.

"I'm in labor, why what's going on" she asked, she was so nervous.

"Where you having your baby at" Payton asked, Michelle knew Payton wasn't dumb. She actually was the smartest person she knew.

"Um... in Harl- Harlem" she stuttered a bit and Payton was quiet for a moment.

"Alright bye" Payton hung up and Michelle looked at him with worry.

"I told you we should've left him alone, she going to kill me and I know it" Michelle cried as she wiped her face.

"I got you" he tried persuading her.

"No you don't know Payton, she is top tier crazy when it comes to kids no matter who kid it is. She loves kids and because she wasn't loved as one she told me she always do whatever for Shawn even it mean she have to stand infront of a jury and plead guilty. Payton always keep her word, that girl is crazy" Michelle explained to him as tears fell.

"Well you want me to take him back" he asked lowkey feeling scared.

"Where is he" Michelle asked and he shrugged.

"I left him in the car" he told her.

"It's been more than nine hours and you left my son out there, he could be anywhere by now" Michelle told him completely upset.

"Michelle he's not gone anywhere" he told her and she smacked her teeth.

"You started all this shit, if you would've left me alone at the club then I wouldn't be going through this, I could be showing my son that he means more than anything to me but I'm stuck with you." Michelle snapped at him and he stood up and left.

Within 15 minutes the door opened and she had nothing but fear as she looked at the person who walked in.

"Morning Michelle" Payton closed the door locking it behind her.

"Payt- Payton... I swear I didn't have anything to do with it" Michelle panicked and Payton just stood there.

"Yes you did because I never told you there was a problem or what the problem was" Payton said and she still remained calm with a expression she couldn't read.

"It's not my fault" Michelle cried and Payton looked at her monitor seeing she was dilating slowly.

"It is and I only came here to tell you two things" Payton walked to the end of her bed leaning down.

"Payton please." Michelle cried and Payton looked her dead in her eyes.

"One when you drop this baby you call me and let me know because I'm going to willingly beat the shit out of you, two when we go to court if you dare let a lie come out your mouth imma lay you out right then and there because you got me fucked up Michelle" Payton told her and Michelle started to feel her contractions.

"Payton I'm sorry" she cried and Payton didn't move her eyes not once.

"If something happens to Shawn you'll have everything to be sorry for because your ass is mine and I put that on my son" Payton told her as she gave her a stare with no blinks in between, Payton was serious.

"NURSE ITS HURTS" Michelle felt the baby coming all of a sudden.

"Your welcome"Payton told her as she stood up straight walking out the room and nurses rushing inside.

As Payton walked out the hospital she seen Jamel walking in as if he was in a rush. She continued walking seeing that he didn't see her. She didn't care to know why he was there, she wanted to find Shawn.

As soon as Payton got in her car her phone rung.

"Hello" she answered it.

"Morning P, can you come open the shop up for us." Veronica asked as her phone connected to the car.

"Where Lauren at" she asked and Veronica sigh.

"I don't know she hasn't been up here since yesterday" Veronica told her and Payton nodded.

"I'm going by her house, but in the meantime go to the back and type the code 0727 and it'll unlock." Payton told her.

"Okay, we're in thanks Payton" Veronica told and Payton told her she was welcome before hanging up.

"Amarin what you doing here" Payton asked as she got to the porch.

"I'm checking on Lauren she hasn't answer the phone and the girls are blowing me up" Amarin said as she showed Payton her phone that showed Veronica was calling.

"So you the one helping her out with the shop" Payton asked as she rung the doorbell herself.

"Yea only with the online stuff because that's hard enough" Amarin said as they stood their because nobody was coming to the door.

"Something going on with Lauren because before I moved here business was doing good" she told her as she started to look for a spare key.

"What you looking for" she asked and she kept looking around.

"Spare, I know they got one out here" she said and with no hesitation she looked in the flower pots and found the key.

"You always been so smart" Amarin said as she moved out the way to Payton could unlock the door.

"Yo Lauren we in your spot" Payton announced as she walked in.

"Lauren" Amarin called her name and Payton walked up the stairs with Amarin behind her.

"Yo Lauren" Payton knocked on the door to their room.

"Just open it P" Amarin said as she opened the door, she was always so impatient.

"Lauren... what's wrong with you" Amarin rushed to her side as she stared at the wall with a screaming Kam in her hand.

"Lauren" Amarin called her name as she grabbed the baby.

"She's depressed" Payton told Amarin as she watched Lauren who didn't move a bit.

She was in a depression shock. She didn't move, she was stuck with nothing but water in her eyes. Something was going on with her and Payton wasn't gone leave until she found out.

"Oh God poor Lauren" Amarin went to touch her but Payton stopped her.

"Don't touch her, you gone scare her" Payton said and Amarin was so confused.

"So how long does this last" she asked and she shrugged.

"I would take her pressure but I don't have my stuff in the car." Payton sat her phone on the bed and took off her jacket.

"That's surprising, Payton always have her medical bag" Amarin said as she calmed Kam down.

"Yea I know but when you have a hardheaded man at home you have to keep it close by" Payton told her as she walked around the other side of the bed.

"Amarin put the baby down" Payton told her as she carefully got behind Lauren making sure not to touch her.

"I'm going to massage her shoulder as soon as I touch her up grab her hands to stop her from having a heart attack." Payton gave her instructions as she sat the baby down.

"You want me to hold them tight" Amarin asked as she got down over Lauren legs.

"As tight as she can" Payton said and she sigh.

"Okay I'm ready" she said nervously.

"On three... one... three" Payton skipped two and held Lauren closed to her.

"Lauren calm down it Payton... I need you to breath, breath, breath, it's okay" Payton comforted her as her chest went up and down and she started  crying.

"Payton you said three she's strong" Amarin struggled to hold her down.

"Lauren" Payton called her name as she rubbed her arms.

"Amarin" Lauren spoke after she struggled to get it out.

"Lauren what's wrong" Amarin asked as Lauren hugged her tight.

"He cheated on me" Lauren told her, she didn't even know Payton was behind her.

"Jamel, what happened" Amarin asked as she pulled back.

"He got a girl pregnant when he was out in New York. He's been stealing money from me to pay for the baby because the girl is broke, he fucked a broke stripper Amarin" Lauren said and with no doubt Payton already but the pieces together.

"Imma kill this nigga yo" Payton stood up completely upset.

"P where you going" Amarin stopped her.

"That fuck nigga kidnapped my kid lastnight, the broke hoe he got pregnant is Michelle" Payton told them and Lauren broke down and Amarin was in shock.

"How do you know this Payton" Amarin asked and Lauren looked at her.

"Michelle been pregnant for the longest and ever since she been pregnant I been having problems with Lauren, money problems. I know for fact Lauren is fucking stupid enough to sue me. That's why I gave her shit back. I knew Jamel had something to do with it  just like the money went missing when the shop got closed down." Payton told them as she looked at the both of them.

"I'm not dumb I peep everything going on around me because I'm not weak bitch.  So since they wanna try me like one they got one hour to return my kid safe. If they don't, you see em you tell him I'm looking for him and I'm not thinking twice on pulling the trigger when I see em" Payton told them both with no fear nothing but determination.

"Oh my god" Amarin said as Payton walked out the room.

Payton swerved right back into the hospital parking lot making her tires screech. Hopping out she rushed right it but so calmly. She was ready to kill, anybody who stepped to her.

"Michelle you five seconds to tell me where the fuck Shawn at" Payton opened her door seeing her holding the baby.

"Payton please" Michelle said and Payton steeped in slamming the door.

"I don't give a damn what you begging me for, where the fuck is my kid at" she asked as she walked to the end of the bed staring a hole in her face.

"He left... we don't know where he went" Michelle told her as he cried.

"Alright bet." Payton left the hospital, she knew where he was.

She sped to her condo she not far from where she was. Even though she had moved back with August she still was buying the property. She only used it for emergency. She pulled within 10 minutes and hopped up.

"God I love this kid man" Payton looked to see if the pot had been moved.

She always told him if he ever needed a place to go while staying in LA he could go their. Only for emergency though, and she's always tell him move the pot to a center spot to let her know he was there. She was always a safe  and she wanted to raise him to always be that way.

"Shawn" she walked in the house and he was on the couch playing the game with a bandaid over his scar.

"Payton I was hungry so I ate your chicken Alfredo" he told her and Payton walked over and hugged him.

"I love you so much Shawn" she told him as he hugged her back.

"I love you too Pay-Pay, I don't want to go back with her I do want to meet my sibling though." He told her as he pulled back from the her.

"You can stay with me kid, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" Payton told him and he sigh.

"Pay-Pay you did protect me. You showed me where to go when I had no where to go, that's protection" Shawn told her and he hugged her again.

"I love you Pay-Pay" Shawn told her and she hugged him back.

"We can stay here tonight and go home in the morning." She said and he got up and followed her to the room.

He showered and once he got out Payton put some ointment on his scratch. He got in one side and Payton got in the other. He watched tv until he fell asleep and Payton stayed up watching to make sure he was okay. She felt bad.

*the next day*

Payton walked in the house with a fresh face after crying for hours. She dropped Shawn off but she had yet to come back. Today she was feeling bad, really bad and she had been out smoking since it was raining.

"Payton... where you been" August walked out the room.

"I was out getting food" she told him refusing to make eye contact.

"But I told you I cooked, you been gone all day ever since your dropped Shawn off. Payton I didn't mean to yell at y-" he began to apologize trying to make eye contact.

"August it's fine" she headed towards the kitchen.

"Payton what's wrong with you" August asked as he followed her to the kitchen.

"Nothing" she answered quickly, she didn't want to cry again.

"Payton please let me in." August told her as she turned to the fridge getting a water.

"You really want to know" Payton asked as she turned around looking at him with tears in her eyes.

"Payton baby why you crying" August asked as he quickly walked over to comfort her.

"Don't.. I'm okay" Payton stopped him as she walked around the counter.

"Are you really though P" August asked as walked over infront of her.

"Yea. I'm good" she wiped her tear as it fell and she sat down on the couch.

"Payton please tell me something" August sat down beside her still trying to get some kind of eye contact out of her but she wouldn't look at him.

"August at any moment... if God pulled my name I'd be ready" Payton told him as she stared at the blank tv.

Her voice wasn't as sad, it was like she had already made her mind up on what to say. The only way you could tell she was really sad was that she was crying.

"Payton what's going on" August asked sitting up trying to see her face.

"The only thing that's keeping me on this earth is these kids" Payton told him with no hesitation.

"Payton why you not here for yourself" August asked, he wanted to know what was going on with her.

"August my life ended the day my grandma died in arms, ever since that day I knew that I had no reason to actually be here" Payton told him as tears dropped as she talked so calmly.

"And how do you know that" August asked her and Payton dropped her head looking at the floor.

"Because after that day I never had genuine peace til Asia got here, August ever time I try to have a happy moment something happens, ever single time. I've never had my own peace" Payton told him and August wanted to know why she felt this way.

"So I never made you feel at peace" he asked her.

"No, August when I tried to be happy with you the first time,  I had to deal with your ex and I knew you was doing something behind my back. You told on yourself without trying, but I was there for you whenever you needed me because I love you" Payton looked him in his eyes as she spoke the last words.

"When my grandmother died, I just knew my life was done. I'd never be happy again, i thought I had a chance when Tasha picked me up that day but I got let down the same day yo" Payton told him as she shook her head in disbelief.

"Everyday after that one I was down in a basement or garage getting my ass beat to the ground, literally yo. The reason I'm so tough now is because I was weak my whole childhood, Tasha would beat me everyday and I just stood there every time because I was to busy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong because all I wanted to do was be loved again" Payton shrugged so innocently, August felt bad.

"Mind you I was on the streets months before she finally came and got me. The streets is what made me tough at first but I let my guard all the way down when Tasha came and got me, that was my biggest mistake in life, I will always regret that for the rest of my life" Payton told him as she spoke from her heart.

"I went to school with bruises ever since day and not one teacher reached out to help me, Pierre was never home to help me, and Paris don't think I knew but Tasha was paying her twenty dollars a week to not say anything to Pierre" Payton told him, her voice was so calm but sad.

"That's why I couldn't stand Paris and to this day I have no respect for my sister but because she has kids I deal with her." Payton told him truthfully.

"The kids are the only thing that's keeping you here" he asked and she nodded her head as she tucked her lips.

"They are, August im not even gone lie to you. I had planned on committing suicide when we first moved to New Orleans." Payton told him and his heart broke at the sound of those words.

"Payton" August sigh deeply feeling bad for her.

"I swear, I tried committing suicide so many times but I knew it would hurt my brother to his heart to see me go so I was gone wait until Amarin had the baby so he could have something close to keep him here but I had met you and you were my escape for the while you were in my life and the day I seen Asia I had a change of heart." Payton opened up to him.

"And when I asked Shawn who his favorite hero was he said me, that kid was only four years old when he told me that. At that moment, I told myself no matter what I did in life I would always be there for Shawn no matter what circumstances" Payton told him as she went back to staring at her tv.

"So how did you know you loved me" August asked her, he planned on marrying her so he needed to know something and she just shook her head with a slight smile.

"The day after your brother died, you hugged me so tight and I had never been hugged like that in a while. I needed it, i told myself I would always love you even if we remained friends." Payton told him truthfully.

"So why did you avoid me when I left" he asked her, he had been wanting to know that for a while.

"I lost the baby" she paused as she wiped her face.

"August when I went and told your mom about it she begged me to call you but I didn't want to disappoint you, I read a letter you sent and you were talking about kids in the letter I told myself to leave you alone because I knew it would hurt you" Payton told him as she wiped her tears and August didn't even realize he was crying hisself.

"Payton but I love you, I wouldn't be mad I would've came home and stayed with you as long as you needed me too because you didn't have to go through that alone" August told her and nodded in agreement.

"I know but I made that choice and I had to live with it so when you said you wanted to break up I was okay with it because all those years I had no choice but to prepare myself for whatever because I knew I would run into you eventually. We have family ties, that's why I never came to any family events after I went off to college" Payton told him as she picked her head up.

"So that's why you never came to birthday parties, family reunions, family vacation." He asked sniffling, he couldn't take his eyes off her even if she didn't make eye contact with him.

"I had Marco and Shawn for support so I was okay with not seeing my family for a long time. I stayed in school during the summer so I finish medical school early, but the day I seen you I was stuck. August ever show you had in Harlem I went to, I was always in the back of the crowd but I promise I was at ever last one of them" Payton revealed to him and he though back.

"Wow." August said in disbelief.

"August the reason I'm never mad when you go on tour or have shows is because I know that's what you want to do. The only thing I want to do in life is be there for ever kid in my life and you let me do that with no problem so I have no problem with you doing your thing" Payton told him her reasoning for not tripping on him.

"I love you Payton" August told her keeping eyed in her.

"I love you too August" Payton looked him in his eyes as she turned to him.

They stared at each other for a while before he leaned up and kissed her. A tear fell down Payton kissed him back. He pulled back and pulled her into him. He just wanted to hold her. She laid down on top of him and listened to the sound of his heartbeat before going to sleep. He kissed her forehead and prayed over her before going to sleep hisself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.8K 58
August Alsina & Loyalty Lamonte start off as friends, then end up 'entangled' in a love worth every chapter! ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿคซ Relationships aren't always roses a...
1.4M 9.6K 10
To some, Marriage is a word. To others, A sentence. ใ€Œโ€ใ€ YOU CAN READ THE FULL AND EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK ONLY ON GOODNOVEL. ใ€Œโ€ใ€ ใƒŸStory Ranking...
283 44 19
He hates life and she hates love, what happens when their path crosses? Peep in to know more๐Ÿ˜‰
1.3K 200 22
Life is not as easy as it generally looks like, it is based on love, hardships, relationships, hate and much much more interesting stuff. At some poi...