Lovebug

By faitenet

[ marinette dupain-cheng / ladybug x f. reader ] ˚₊·➳❥ You become the holder of the miraculous of the cat to... More

playlist!
I | Stoneheart; part¹
III | The Bubbler
IV | Stormy Weather
V | Copycat
VI | Lady Wifi
VII | The Evillustrator
VIII | Rogercop
IX | Horrificator
X | Princess Fragrance
XI | Gamer
XII | Volpina
XIII | The Collector
XIV | Prime Queen
XV | Despair Bear
XVI | Befana
XVII | The Dark Owl
XVIII | Gigantitan
XIX | Glaciator
XX | The Sapotis
XXI | Cheese Supplier
XXII | Captain Hardrock
XXIII | Zombizou
XXIV | Frozer
XXV | Red Claws
XXVI | Envy; part¹
XXVII | Envy; part²
Special | Halloween Party
XXVIII | Malediktator
Special | Merry Christmas!
XXIX | heroes day; part¹
XXX | heroes day; part²
XXXI | Animaestro
XXXII | Plantera
XXXIII | Weredad
XXXIV | Silencer
XXXV | Oni-Chan
XXXVI | Oblivio
XXXVII | Party Crasher

II | Stoneheart; part²

4.9K 178 66
By faitenet

"The stone begins are scattered all over Paris. For the time being, they are showing no signs of movement. Police have cordoned off the area." The screen transferred, now showing the mayor. "We won't stop until we get these people back to normal, but for now we're not making much headway." The screen went back to the reporter, now with a picture of Ladybug and Catwoman together. "Paris is relying on our new guardian angels, Ladybug and Catwoman to save our lives. Our lives depend on them."

You had a tired look on your face, mostly just disappointed at the fact that you were unable to completely defeat the Stoneheart. "So, we've got two superheroes protecting Paris now." Your mother entered the kitchen, while you were on your phone keeping up with the Stoneheart updates. "Yeah..." you mumbled. You realized you left Plagg back in your room, remembering he was too distracted eating cheese to be with you.

Your mom set a cup of [Favorite beverage] beside you whilst she poured her coffee. "What do you think of Ladybug and Catwoman, mom?" You asked, leaning back into the seat.

She sat there silently for a minute, staring off at the tv. "They've already messed up." You looked down, but quickly readjusted so you didn't look suspiciously upset. "But I believe in them. It's everyone's first time even dealing with a real life villain right now. Of course they wouldn't be perfect."

A small smile grew on your face. When you checked the time it was already time for you to start heading to school. You went back to your room calling out for Plagg. He popped up right in front of your face still stuffing cheese in his mouth. You wrapped a black fanny pack around your hip putting pieces of cheese in it and signaled for Plagg to get in. He cooperated, letting you zip the fanny pack mostly closed with a hole for him to look and breathe out of. You then exited your room finally ready to head off to school. "Bye mom!" She gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving you to walk to school.

Upon walking to school a boy running crashed right into your side knocking you both down. You rubbed your head shaking off the dizziness the hit gave you. He sat up putting a hand on your shoulder. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" You nodded, getting up and dusting yourself off.

He kept looking around the area anxiously making you tilt your head at him. "Are you okay?" Now you asked. He only nodded back, looking like he wanted to say more but refrained himself from doing so.

"Were you on your way to Collège Françoise Dupont? If so, we could walk together." His eyes widened, as he smiled widely. "Yes. I'd love to."

He was about the same height as you, with short blonde hair, and green eyes. Walking closer to the school you past by a billboard with his face on it and a corny phrase, introducing a new perfume. You decided against bringing up the topic though, as it'd might be embarrassing for him to talk about.

Y'all reached the school in five minutes with only three minutes before the school bell rang. With the closer y'all got to the entrance the more you could see and feel his energy become more anxious and excited. "Hey-" before you could say anything someone just cut you off.

"Adrien!" You both turned around to see a lady with black hair that had a purple stripe tied in a low bun calling out to Adrien. That's when you realize y'all never even got each other's names. "Your father will be furious." She walked closer to us, only for Adrien to walk back.

"Tell him you got here too late. Please." He grabbed your wrist to pull you away from the scene with him. "Sorry about that." He mumbled embarrassed of the situation. "It's okay. Oh, and by the way, I'm [Y/N]." You stretched your arm out for him. He shook your hand firmly, "Adrien."

"Adrikins! You came!" The spoiled brat from yesterday came rushing over nearly tackling Adrien to the ground. Soon everyone started crowding around Adrien calling him handsome and asking for autographs and such. You slowly creeped away from the crowd feeling bad for leaving Adrien back there, but there was nothing much you could do.

When you walked into class, you decided to sit behind the seat the two girls were fighting over yesterday instead of the back. Not long after setting your stuff down the spoiled brat and Adrien entered the room.

"This is your seat, Adrikins! I saved it for you. Right in front of me." She pointed to the seat in the very front row. He walked past her putting an arm on her shoulder for a second. "Thanks, Chloe." He waved at you as he took his seat.

You noticed Chloe standing with her hand on her hip like she was about to do something mischievous. She pulled the piece of gum out her mouth, putting it on the seat across from Adrien. You stood up walking over to the seat. "What do you think you're doing?" You asked, lowering your brows.

"The brat who sat here yesterday needs a little attitude readjustment." You crossed your arms in front of your chest giving her a disgusted look. "The only one who needs an attitude readjustment is you."

Her mouth dropped open, but she only huffed storming off to her seat. You grabbed a napkin, nipping at the gum trying to pull it off. "Hey! What are you doing?!" You heard a girl exclaim from behind you. You turned around surprise, it was the girl who had previously gotten into an argument with Chloe. "I was trying to-"

Chloe laughed awfully loud, cutting you off mid sentence. Marinette looked angrily and disappointed at you, "okay, I get it. Good job, very funny." You waved your hand in front of your chest defensively. "No, no. I promise, I was just trying to take it off." Marinette eyed the already laid out napkin on the gum and walked past you to sit in her seat.

You sent a glare towards Chloe, who sat in her seat holding her head up high like she had something to be proud of. 

You fiddled with the pencil on your desk as the teacher began calling out attendance. "Agreste, Adrien?" The boy next to him whispered something in his ear, he instantly jolted out of his seat raising his hand calling his presence. He seemed pretty awkward. You wondered if he'd ever been to a real school before. The teacher smiled at him, and most students laughed at him. He softly giggled with them, looking around shortly.

"Bourgeois, Chloe?" Chloe raised her hand half way saying present.

"Bruel, Ivan?" The Stoneheart busted through the door roaring. "Present!" He took a couple steps forward, side eyeing the students in the room. "Mylene?!" He called out, looking around the room for her.

You rushed out of the classroom running into the girls bathroom. You checked to make sure no one was in there before fully opening up your fanny pack for Plagg to fly out. "Looks like Stoneheart has awoken again." You frowned, remembering he's only back because you failed to capture his akuma the first time. "Well now you don't have to go to school!" He celebrated.

You shook your head at him. "We still have work to do. Plagg, claws out!" You transformed into your alter ego, sneaking out of the girls bathroom.

You extended your staff, sending you up into the air. "Don't forget the superheroes!" On your way down you hit the Stoneheart with your staff, making him grow in size. You covered your mouth with your hand. "Oops, my bad." Chloe still held up her bratty facade, even when in a threatening situation "ugh. Super-incompetent, you mean."

"You wanted the cavalry?" Stoneheart looked to the side like he was calling people over. "Here it is." And he was. Multiple stone beings surrounded you. "Seize her!" Stoneheart ordered the others.

They all started attacking, trying to grasp you. Knowing you couldn't fight back, your only choice was to dodge their attacks. It was becoming harder and harder by the second. "Ladybug, if you're out there, I could really use your help right now!"

When a car was thrown it barely missed, heading straight for a girl by a trash can. You recognized her as one of your classmates. In a matter of seconds you extended your staff throwing it in her direction so the car wouldn't crush her. While distracted by her a stone being comes up from behind taking you in its hand. You try to resist pushing to get it to open its hand up. "Let me go you rock-head!" You really hoped Ladybug would show up sometime soon.

While it was getting suffocating in the rocks hand you heard Ladybugs voice from the outside and grew excited. "Catwoman! Extend it!" Your staff landed in a small hole in the rocks perfect for you to escape. You extended your staff breaking free from its grasp. You rubbed your head then felt a string wrap around your ankle.

You got pulled up to a lamppost that you were now hanging upside down from, while Ladybug sat right side up above you. "Sorry I'm late." She apologized.

"As long as you're here now." You smiled. "Hey, have I told you you turn my world upside down?" You winked, feeling in the moment. Ladybug put her hand on her chin, smiling a bit. "You're quite the joker. But your timing needs work." Just then you noticed the three stone beings coming towards you.

Ladybug pulled you up to a building rooftop with her then finally unwrapped her yo-yo from around your ankle setting you free. Ladybug was in front, with you following closely behind. "Aren't we going to take care of those?"

"No. If we want to save them all then we have to go to the source." You both landed not far from the Eiffel Tower, where the original Stoneheart stood. Police officers, cars, and helicopters surrounded the area which you knew would only make it worse. You both ran to the scene using your staff and yo-yo as a boost to get there faster. The Stoneheart threw Chloe towards the police, luckily Ladybug caught her before she got injured.

The head of police stood on a car ordering them to attack. You raised your arms up signaling not to. "Wait, don't attack. You'll make it worse." Ladybug nodded alongside you, having your back. The police officer brushed you off. "I've got a new plan. Leave it to the pros. You already failed once."

Ladybugs eyes widened, you could tell her mood changed in an instant. "He's right. Had I captured the akuma the first time this wouldn't have happened. I knew I wasn't the one for this job."

You put your hand on her shoulder, sending her a comforting and confident smile. "No. He's wrong. Without you, she wouldn't be here right now." You nodded towards Chloe. "Without us, they won't make it. We'll prove it." You put your other hand on her other shoulder to bring her to face you. "It was our first fight, and we messed up. It's okay. Now is our time to recover and defeat Stoneheart once and for all. Trust me, okay?" Ladybug stared up at you for a few seconds.

You could already feel her mood uplifting a bit more before she smiled. "Okay."

The Stoneheart started what seemed like choking. It gripped its neck, coughing up thousands of black butterflies. Stoneheart collapsed onto the Eiffel Tower and the butterflies formed a face, and soon started talking.

"People of Paris, listen carefully. I am Hawk Moth."

You and Ladybug shared a quick glance at each other before looking back up at the butterflies.

"Ladybug, Catwoman, give me the Ladybug earrings and the Cat ring now! You've done enough damage to these innocent people."

You were too shocked to even speak up to say something. "Nice try, but we know who the bad guy is." Ladybug walked confidently, clapping her hands. "Let's not try to reverse the roles. You turned these innocent victims into villains. Hawk Moth, no matter how long it takes, we will find you, and you'll give us your miraculous!" Ladybug launched herself into the air using her yo-yo. "Time to de-evilize!" Ladybug swung her yo-yo around capturing all the butterflies.

You were still shocked to speak up let alone even move. "Let me make this promise." Ladybug announced from the higher part of the Eiffel Tower. "Whoever wants to harm you, Catwoman and I will do all we can to keep you safe." Ladybug pressed a button on her yo-yo releasing all the purified butterflies free.

While people started cheering you still looked up at her with your pure green eyes. You felt your heart beat increasing as she looked down at you from the stand. "Wow... whoever it is under that mask... I love her." You mumbled to yourself.

Stoneheart then came back to life, you and Ladybug landed on the same level on the Eiffel Tower. "You'll never take Mylene from me!" Stoneheart yelled running away climbing higher up. You looked around to see other beings starting to climb the tower also. "We're surrounded. What now? We can't attack him."

"But we know where the Akuma is." Ladybug stated, looking at where Stoneheart was climbing. "In the fist he's got Mylene in." You said.

"So, he's in love with her... that's it!" You looked at Ladybug confused. "We don't separate them, we bring them closer together. They're made for each other, they just don't know it."

Ladybug used her yo-yo swinging away before you even had a chance to say anything. "Eh... I don't get it much, but I guess I better trust you." You followed after her; jumping to the perfect spots for you to climb. When the two of you reached the top of the Eiffel Tower Mylene cried out. "Help! I'm afraid of heights!"

"Don't worry! We'll save you!" Ladybug called.

"How are you planning on getting them closer than they already are?" You yelled up to Ladybug, stood in a defense position as the stone beings got closer. "By using our powers. Lucky charm!" Ladybug threw her yo-yo in the air, and a parachute fell into her arms.

"A parachute? What am I supposed to do with this?" Ladybug voiced.

One of the stone beings grabbed you tossing you in the air causing you to yell and catch Ladybugs attention. Fortunately you caught yourself on a piece of metal before the others could get you. "You know what you're doing?" You asked, looking up at Ladybug. "We'll find out soon enough"

"I sure hope so." You mumbled to yourself.

Ladybug wrapped her yo-yo around the Stoneheart and the hand holding Mylene. "His hand! Get ready!" You nodded.

Ladybug pulled her yo-yo, making Mylene kiss the Stoneheart. The surprise forced him to open his hand and drop the akumatized object along with Mylene. She desperately grabs into the Stonehearts finger holding herself up. You jump off the Eiffel Tower diving down to the paper. Once you were by it you hit it back up towards Ladybug with your staff like a bat; then extended your staff to catch yourself. "Home run!"

Ladybug breaks the rock, releasing the evil butterfly. "No more evil doing for you, little akuma." Ladybug prepared to capture the butterflies but the yells of Mylene and Ivan. "Catwoman, you take care of Ivan!" Ladybug said as she dove down towards the two.

"Cataclysm!" You yelled slingshotting yourself higher up. You slid your hand on the tower; a pole came out letting you catch Ivan on his fall down. Ladybug got a hold of Mylene, she swung her yo-yo back up towards the top of the tower capturing the akuma. "gotcha!" She opened up the parachute so they'd fall to the ground slowly.

You let out a sigh of relief smiling down at her. Once she and Mylene reached the ground you pulled Ivan up so he could get ahold of the pole himself. "Hang on for just a moment, okay? I got you, don't worry." You let go of the pole falling down so you could get your staff back. After doing so, you extended it back up to Ivan grabbing his hand for him to hold onto your staff. You made it back down and still had Ivan holding onto you securely.

Just then Ladybug threw the lucky charm parachute into the air yelling out; "miraculous ladybug!"

Thousands of little Ladybugs flew around Paris fixing damaged stuff. You made it next to Ladybug still watching the magic happen. "Are you seeing this?" You asked, unsure if it were just your imagination.

"Yeah, it's beautiful and amazing, it's..."

"Miraculous!" Ladybug yelled out, while you had mumbled it quietly to yourself at the same time.

"I think you two need to talk." Ladybug put her hand on Ivan and Mylene's shoulder eyeing them both. "I- I-" Ivan stuttered. "It may help you if you read the lyrics to Ivan's song." You joined in, handing the piece of paper to Mylene. You then walked away from the two, giving them time to themselves.

"It's beautiful. It's a shame you can't hear them when you scream- I mean sing." Mylene smiled up at Ivan. "It was scary, wasn't it? Is that why you left?" Ivan looked down, saddened. "I'm sorry. I'll be gentle." Mylene hugged Ivan tightly. He stood there full of shock, his face becoming a bright red.

"They're made for each other." Ladybug smiled at the new couple. "Like you and I?" You stated, though it almost sounded like a question.

Ladybug continued smiling, even after turning towards you. She took your hand in hers, "we'll see about that, Catwoman. See you soon." She winked, letting go of your hand before swinging off.

You felt your face heat up, finally walking away once Ladybug left your sight.

. . . - 🐾

You were currently speed walking to school; you lost track of time at home, so you left the house later than usual. This time you didn't run into Adrien, you were kinda hoping you would though. It'd make the walk more fun, but you assumed he had already left earlier. When you made it to the school you stood still for a moment with your hands on your knees to catch your breath. There was a car in front of the school that looked similar to the one the girl calling for Adrien was in. He probably got a ride then... you thought.

Adrien ran out of the car and up to you. "I get to stay!" He cheered, pulling you into a hug. You were taken back by the embrace, and were really confused about what he was talking about. Regardless, you effortlessly hugged him back giving a simple, "that's amazing!"

You walked in the class with Adrien, he waved at his seat partner while you were further back. On your way behind Marinette, you smiled at her making eye contact. She closed her eyes looking away from you, and her friend, Alya, gave you a dirty look.

You sighed quietly to yourself frowning then took your seat. You knew you had to say something. You couldn't take the blame for a spoiled brat.

You pulled out your umbrella when you reached the front of the school. You had previously gotten a text from your father saying he'd pick you up from school since it was on the way. Marinette also stood in front of the school umbrella-less.

"Hey," you started. She immediately faced the opposite direction of you. You walked closer to Marinette opening the umbrella above the both of you, though you held it so it'd cover more of her than yourself.

While still looking at the ground you began talking. "I want you to know I was only trying the get the gum off your seat. I promise. I wouldn't do anything that'd purposefully make you upset." Finally, Marinette looked up at you with her eyes wide and her mouth slightly opened.

You took another step forward, but held the umbrella out for her to take. She hesitantly took the umbrella from your hands, still obviously in shock.

"I-" the umbrella closed on Marinette making you laugh and cut yourself off from finishing your sentence. She slightly opened the umbrella back up laughing softly with you. "I hope you and I could be friends." You smiled. "See you tomorrow." You walked away from Marinette seeing your dad's car pull up.

"Y-yeah! S-see uh- see you tomorrow!" She stammered back to you.

Plagg peaked his head out of your fanny pack. "Wow, second day of school and you already have two new love birds!"

You shook your head, "it's not like that, Plagg."

You got in your dad's car waving at Marinette one last time before taking off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457 45 15
Many years ago there was a group of superheroes that fought villains, till one of their loved ones got hit and got very sick, he was so desperate to...
109K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
446 27 24
An Adrienette fanfiction. Welcome to a decent story that was created out of boredom but turned into an obsession. In this story there'll be sad, happ...
483K 11.3K 60
During their Junior year in Highschool, Marinette was forced to go back to her roots. The country of China. Leaving her friends, and Adrien was hard...