Guardian's Amulet: Tanwen's E...

By Marisstina

In the enchanting tale of "Guardian's Amulet: Tanwen's End," meet Ayla, a brave and spirited sixteen-year-old... More

Prologue✓
Chapter 1 - The Start Of A Journey✓
Chapter 2 - A Threat✓
Chapter 3 - Zaya✓
Chapter 4 - A New look✓
Chapter 5 - Where it All began✓
Chapter 6 - A Team Together✓
Chapter 7 - Trouble✓
Chapter 8 - Comfort✓
Chapter 9 - Dragons✓
Chapter 10 - Water✓
Chapter 11 - Bush boy✓
Chapter 12 - Volcano✓
Chapter 14 - Separate ways✓
Chapter 15 - Plan Y✓
Chapter 16 - Feelings✓
Chapter 17 - Trust✓
Chapter 18 - Escape✓
Chapter 19 - Lord's Cloud✓
Chapter 20 - Southern Continent✓
Chapter 21 - Verboten Valley✓
Chapter 22 - Unicorns✓
Chapter 23 - Magic Practice✓
Chapter 24 - Happy✓
Chapter 25 - Fight Practice✓
Chapter 26 - Field Talks✓
Chapter 27 - Okizari✓
Chapter 28 - Lover boy✓
Chapter 29 - Numb✓
Chapter 30 - A Captive's Thoughts✓
Chapter 31 - Talila✓
Chapter 32 - Final Battle✓
Chapter 33 - The End Of It All✓
Epilogue✓

Chapter 13 - Wind✓

47 16 2
By Marisstina

We landed on a hard lava floor. The cage broke by impact.

'It worked, Thank god we're alive! Wait, what about Tatsuya?'

"Are you guys just gonna sit there?" Tatsuya asked with a smug look on her face. She brushed herself off, and Kaida ran off to hug her.

"Glad you're safe, but how didn't you get hurt?" Ryoko questions.

"I felt a kick of adrenalin, and burned the ropes just in time to catch myself before I collided with the ground," Tatsuya explained.

"So you were able to free yourself, huh," I asked her.

"Yup, I just wanted to see you use your powers," she giggled. Krios looked like he had just seen a demon in her.

"Really helpful," I said, rolling my eyes.

"No problem," she smiled.

"We are not really in the clear yet the little people,"

"You mean the Tikytakcas?" Talila asked.

"Tiki Taka?" Ryoko questioned.

"Ancient dwarfs that have been in charge of the islands' volcanic eruptions,"

"Whoa, cool" Ryoko exclaimed.

"What about Wyvern, Scylla, Dalinda, and Krio's owl?" Kaida asked.

"Fukro, and they're up there," Krios replied.

"I'll get them," Kaida rejoiced.

"I am coming to help," both Krios and Tatsuya replied. I scanned the room just in case there were any collapsing walls ready to fall. My eyes then landed on a wall filled with pictures. I walked over.

"Hey, look at this," I yelled pointing to the wall. Ryoko walked over to check it out, a few seconds later the rest of the group came down. Scylla tackled me down, I guess he missed me. Everyone laughed, I got off the floor and dusted myself off. I looked at the pictures very closely.

"It is an augury involving a fire goddess having corrupted the fire crystal, to bring despair to her people for many years. The only way to stop it was to kill her and destroy the fire crystal," I read.

"No wonder they were trying to kill you," Kaida stated.

"Well, I am not that evil," Tatsuya retired.

"But you are cold," Ryoko jokes. Tatsuya smacked him in the back of the head.

"Like I said cold," Ryoko rubbed the back of his head.

"Enough of that, we have to get out of here. They'll come back to get us soon or later." Krios warned, pointing to the entrance. We all nodded in agreement and ran out with no hesitation. We grabbed our bags, and set off back into the forest to set up camp; this time Krios helped.

The next morning we all decided that we would take a break from adventures; our last one which was pretty hectic tired us all out. We took the time to get to know each other better while packing up.

"If you don't mind me asking Krios how did you end up here?" I asked him.

"W-well, I was looking for the United Village." He replied hastily. Krios looked a bit nervous; okay, something feels off.

"Why are you here Ayla? You don't look like you're from around here." Krios asked. We all looked shocked, not expecting to ask such a question.

'How am I supposed to tell him I just fell from the sky and landed here!?'

'You don't tell him that's what.'

"Well, I was just visiting my cousins," I say as I pull Tatsuya, Kaida, and Ryoko into a tight-arm hug.

"Then which village are you visiting from?" He asked as a smirk molded on his face.

"Uh-um, It's a tiny one, I wouldn't call it a village more like a family, but we are not related," I frantically explained.

"That's nice." He grinned.

"Why were you looking for the Untied Village?" Kaida asked. Krios's face quickly turned into a frown.

"Well, my father and I are in a tight spot right now, Financially. So I need to find a job, but no one in my village due to my family's reputation. I was hoping someone in the United Village would," He replied with sorrow.

'What reputation does his family have? Is he a-'

"Ayla, you good?" Ryoko asked as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I answered. We finished packing minutes later.

"Where do you think we should go?" Kaida asked.

"Maybe the beach," Krios suggested.

"That's a good idea, we need a break," Ryoko babbled.

"Agreed but which beach?" I asked.

"What about Makanipāhili beach," Krios suggested.

"Do you hear yourself, Makani pāhili beach?" Tatsuya questioned sternly.

"Yeah and what about it?" Krios replied.

"Makani pāhili beach, hurricane beach, you're practically asking to die right on the spot," Tatsuya answered.

"Maybe to you, but hurricanes rarely happen to hit that beach, people only say that because it hits that same beach twice a week, plus it's the only one closest to here," Krios tried to rationally explain.

"Hurricane or not I need a break and that's final," Ryoko blurted.

"Ryoko!!" Kaida and Tatsuya yelled.

"I also need a break and I can not get over the fact that we were just hanging above a pool of lava yesterday. If you please, Krios will lead the way." I sighed. He nodded and led the way. The sisters stood in shock but were obligated to follow.

The beach didn't seem very close as Krios said. But we still made it, we were all excited for an amazing day spent at the beach. Everyone was having a great time, Dalinda was in the water with Kaida and Krios. Tatsuya was playing volleyball with Ryoko.

Wyvern and Scylla were sleeping under a palm tree. While I was having a very relaxing walk around the beach, until.

'I guess this wasn't a bad idea, despite the bad reputation.'

'Now that we have some time on our hands you; need to learn how to control your powers. Now that you have two of the elements.'

'Your joking right?'

'Who says I am, you think being a guardian i–'

'Is not all fun and games? No, I don't think that, but I need a break.'

'I am your mentor and I can't keep helping you out. One day you'll be on your own and have to face your problems.'

'Fine, just teach.'

'That's more like it. Sit down, focus, and close your eyes. Imagine a waterfall.'

'Okay,'

'Now imagine holding the waterfall,'

'What!? That's not even humanly possible!'

'Just do it.'

'Well, it's quite heavy. I can tell you that,'

'Now imagine the flow in your hands running through your veins. Carefully move your hands back and forth side to side; try to move your hands in a repeating tempo,'

'I'm feeling something,'

'Keep the flow and open your eyes.'

I was holding a little wave of water in my hands!

'For something so small it's quite heavy,'

'Just appreciate it, will you?'

'I never said I was unappreciative. It was just a thought,'

'Thwack!'

'Not again,'

This time it's even worse, a direct hit to my face. I fell onto the sand and water flowed on my face. That book is becoming a real menace. If it had a mind of its own, it could have at least some form of sympathy. Everyone ran towards me,

"Are you all right?" Ryoko said as he extended his arm out.

"Just peachy," I murmured sarcastically as I grabbed hold of his arm and got up.

"Alright," he grinned.

"This boy," I whispered.

"What does this book want now," I fumed as I picked the book up from the sand. It was now opened to a page with the original map. The Air crystal is the next picture glowing. Another riddle, The language became a little clearer to me, and I was able to read what it said.

"You can't see me but sometimes you hear me and in a hurricane, some people fear me, I am?" I read.

"Is that a new riddle or are you summoning that reckless necklace magic again?" Ryoko sighed.

"Amulet, thank you very much!" Talila interrupted sassily.

'To think we would get a break.'

"The next location," I replied.

"It's Makani pāhili beach," Tatsuya said.

"What do you mean?" Ryoko said.

"I mean that the answer to the riddle is wind, and where do they take place the most on this island and what do they make the most?" Tatsuya stated.

"HURRICANES, IN THIS VERY BEACH," Ryoko yelled.

"Maybe we should have gone to Kahakai ʻo Sunny Sandy," Ryoko groaned.

"You're the one talking about the truly needed break," Tatsuya said.

'To be honest, luck was not on our side today, especially my side.'

"We should leave as soon as possible," Kaida cautioned.

"Let's get our stuff and go," Tatsuya advised. We ran to the east side of the beach to grab our stuff. Not until I was suddenly pulled back by the amulet.

'Not now! We might die, AGAIN!,'

But what was worse was a hurricane started forming 30 miles away, out of nowhere and it was fast. I don't think we'll have enough time to get away, but we have to try, particularly me.

"WE HAVE TO GO NOW!" I yelled. Not before long, we were finally far away from the beach, but that didn't last long. We were soon caught by the hurricane and swept up into it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897K 30.6K 109
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
2M 99.9K 37
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
241K 9.5K 32
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚