Love from the fire

By 1manjari

I hate everything. I was convinced of this until the day I met him... We burned our school down and ran away... More

That Boy Again
Our Conversation
Friends
Arguments With Myself
Mum...
Work
Decided
Breakdown
The Big Day
Romance
Guilt, Grief, Regret
Land
Psychopath
Winter Feather
Finally, The Phone Call
Control
Messages
Mom? Can't Be Her?
Argument
Fight
Life Lessons
Gray's Perspective.
Mile's Perspective
Back To Skylar's Perspective
Back
Mum!
Letting My Anger Out Again
Twins By The School,
Comfort
Epilogue

Me, Skylar

38 4 0
By 1manjari

I'm Skylar. I don't like to share my surname because I share it with my parents. And I don't like my parents either.

My mum nevers speaks to me. She acts as if I don't exist and I don't know why. My dad hasn't been at home for years. The only memories I have of him are unpleasant though. And I don't want to talk about it. Yet at least.

I just finished another tiring and draining day of school. I'm 16, so I study on the week days and I also have a part time job on the weekends.

I came up to the front door and tried to open it. Locked. I didn't have my keys either. So, I knocked loudly because I knew my mum was at home. But I also knew that she wouldn't open it. Not for me at least.

After waiting a few moments, I was proved right. If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed that she wasn't even home. She was. She was ignoring me.

I sighed and turned my back on the house. I walked towards the park, hoping to get some fresh air to calm myself down.

I don't like to be pessimistic. But, if you don't find reasons to be optimistic, you end up a pessimist most of the time. After thinking for a while, some reasons I found to be grateful were : I'm still alive, I have access to basic human necessities and my mental health is decent.

I'm also healthy. That's good.

Anyways, the park is usually very busy around this time. After school, a lot of kids like to hang out with their friends here. I don't really have friends that I hang out with. Sometimes I talk to some classmates at school. Or, I stay over at my neighbour's house. That's just about it.

Well, I don't really like places where there are so many people. So, I decided to walk to my school. For no major reason.

Once I got there, I saw someone. I recognised him. I didn't know his name, but I have seen him walking through the corridors before.

I glanced at him. I was meant to look away, but at the same time, he glanced at me. We had eye contact for a moment. I then looked away.

His eyes were really... something. I don't know how exactly to describe them. Mysterious and curious all at the same time. Wide and light brown. Captivating.

Out of the corner of my eye, I realised that he was still looking at me. It made me feel uneasy. I was about to walk away when he asked.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm ok. Why do you ask?"

"Something's on your mind. I can tell."

This boy is really creepy. It's nice that he cares, but it doesn't change the fact that he's creepy.

I told him. "I guess. But I'll manage. Thanks for your concern."

Just when I was about to walk away, he asked, "Will you come to school tomorrow?"

I didn't bother looking back. I just said "Yeah." and kept going.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Was the final thing he said to me.

I don't know what's up with this guy. I'll just go to Mia's house to sleep tonight. Mia is my neighbour and around my age. She's pretty much the only one I trust and I spend a lot of nights sleeping over there.

I kind of just want to keep going. And I hope for the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 29.5K 30
!! 𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐦-𝐜𝐨𝐦- 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 !! " 𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡�...
20.3K 510 18
It all started when I knew who my mate was... Note to all of you, I do not own any of these photos and videos that happen to pop up in this story. A...
19.6K 1.5K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
8K 181 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much in my life that it had...