Trial & Error

By KYNDIOR

Four beautiful African American best friends navigate their own trial and error through modern day society. More

Trial and Error
1 | Jade
2 | Caren
3 | Joie
4 | Andi
5 | Jade
6 | Caren
7 | Joie
8 | Andi
9 | Jade
10 | Caren
11 | Joie
12 | Andi
13 | Jade
14 | Caren
15 | Joie
16 | Andi
17 | Jade
18 | Caren
19 | Joie
20 | Andi
21 | Jade
22 | Caren
23 | Joie
24 | Andi
25 | Jade
26 | Caren
27 | Joie
28 | Andi
30 | Jade
31 | Caren
32 | Joie
33 | Andi
34 | Jade
35 | Caren
36 | Joie
37 | Andi
38 | Jade
39 | Caren
40 | Joie
41 | Andi
42 | Jade
43 | Caren
44 | Joie
45 | Andi
46 | Jade
47 | Caren
48 | Joie
49 | Andi
50 | Jade
51 | Caren
52 | Joie
53 | Andi
II | Jade
II | Caren
II | Joie
II | Andi
5 | Jade
6 | Caren
7 | Joie
8 | Andi
9 | Jade
10 | Caren
11 | Joie
12 | Andi
13 | Jade
14 | Caren
15 | Joie
16 | Andi
17 | Jade
18 | Caren
19 | Joie
20 | Andi
21 | Jade
22 | Caren
23 | Joie
24 | Andi
25 | Jade
26 | Caren
27 | Joie
28 | Andi
29 | Jade
30 | Caren
31 | Joie
32 | Andi
33 | Jade
34 | Caren
35 | Joie
36 | Andi
37 | Jade
38 | Caren
39 | Joie
40 | Andi
41 | Jade
42 | Caren
43 | Joie
44 | Andi
45 | Jade
46 | Caren
47 | Joie
Epilogue
𝐓&𝐄-𝐈𝐈

48 | Andi

1.8K 237 66
By KYNDIOR

The arena was in an uproar.

               Fans screaming shaking the building once Hassan dunked that last shot at the buzzer. The winning shot that made the Dallas Cobras the champions of the season. Knowing the history, it has been very long since the Cobras won a championship and this day made that the past because the Cobras were now the championship titleholders.

               I was in the skybox, screaming just as loud, with Hassan's mother and three sisters—Ginger, Dawn, and Remy, while holding Arya that wore noise canceling earphones.

               Hassan released the rim, landing on his feet, and roaring out in passion. Remy wasted no time to leave out the skybox and we were quick to follow her. Cobras players had Hassan on their shoulders in the air. When he spotted us, he gestured to be let down and he embraced his mother and sister's first.

               "Say: congratulations papa." I instructed to Arya as Hassan made his way over to us.

               He smiled wide, grabbing her and lifting her in the air for a second before bringing her down and kissing her cheeks. He, then, hugged me. "I'm all sweaty and shit."

               I chuckled. "It's okay," I stared up at him smiling. "Congratulations baby."

               Arya was removed from his hold by his mother, Cree, so he could hug me close and kiss me.

               Love you in the morning

               Hug you at night

               I was confused at the singing voice sounding so clearly. I broke our kiss slowly and realized the arena was dark, aside from the spotlight on singer J.Howell singing a clean version of Love You in the Morning—our song, and a woman dancer moved her body effortlessly to the beat.

               Kissin overrated

              Grab a hold tight

               "Ha-" My words got caught in my throat at the sight of Hassan down on one knee. "Oh my God."

               "Unexpected right?" he smiled at up at me, "You've been wondering why I been sneaky lately and it was for this moment right here. Joie, Caren, and Andi didn't rat me out. Thank God."

               "Almost!" I heard Caren's voice nearby.

               When did they even get here?

               "I chose to ask your best friends for your hand in marriage because they mean everything to you, and you mean everything to me," He continued as my eyes teared up. "I knew you were mine that day I seen you in your office. You've blessed my life. You added a bonus and that was Arya. I'm in love with you. Now.. Andi Gathers," he lifted the ring box and the diamond ring inside seems to shine brighter than the spotlight on us, "Will you please do me the honors of becoming Mrs. Henri?"

               Did he even have to ask? "Of fucking course!"

               The applauds were loud, as Hassan slid the ring in my finger and scooped me his arms.

               I'm.. engaged.

               It sounds so weird, but this love I have for Hassan's very real and I would become his wife tonight.

               It was a big win for Dallas, and definitely a big win for me. Afterwards so many fans were outside congratulating and taking pictures. Arya went with Cree for the night since Hassan had something else planned for us. We were at ZC2, that successfully opened their doors two weeks ago, along with Jade's listening party for her high anticipated album. I questioned Hassan why we were here and to my surprise, again, the restaurant was filled with family and friends.

               Joie, Caren, and Jae were front and center with glasses of champagne, squealing and embracing me immediately. We separated and I said, "That better be sparkling water."

               "It is." Joie confirmed, "Congratulations! You break my sister heart I will come for you."

               Hassan chuckled, but he knew she was serious. "I got her. I'll let you ladies mingle."

               "Let me see the ring!" Jade said eagerly.

               "He done such a great job!" Caren complained. "You're getting married. Our divorces finalized. Jae taking it slow with Gustavo. Joie having our niece or nephew finally."

               "Look at us," Jade adds.

               "Speaking of future husbands. Hey Gustavo!" Joie greeted as he approached behind Jade.

               "Hey ladies." he smiled so charmingly, "Congrats Andi."

               "Thank you." I said.

               "I don't want to steal her away," Gustavo referred to Jade. "But I want her to taste something for me."

               "Gone go have y'all kitchen session." Joie says making us laugh, "You know what he want you to taste."

               Nor Gustavo or Jae denied. They started walking away when he said one last thing, "Oh yea, Caren, X looking for you."

               Caren blew out air, tossing her head back. "Be right back."

               "Engaged woman!" Joie smiled, moving in front of me. "How you feel?"

               The feeling was indescribable and all I could say was, "I feel.. happy."

               "I can see it. It's all over your face."

               My smile slowly fell as I stared intently in her eyes. "But not on yours."

               Joie told me all about what happened with the Wisconsin situation. The flash drive, Kut killing our Aqua and our mother's, Winston now having that flash drive in his possession.

               She was brawling to me when she came over that night and it wasn't like Joie. Seeing her sweat was one thing she didn't allow. To lose her mother and sister in one moment and seeing it with her own eyes, the would break down the toughest person on earth.

               It was different for me because I didn't know Lizzie, and my not knowing her kept me from getting emotional.

               Tanika, on the other hand, was apart of the quiet tears I shed that night because once upon a time she was like a mother to me, especially on days she was clean. She wasn't the best mother to Joie. But she was there and despite the issues between she and Joie, they had a bond and it wasn't cut till the moment her blood splattered on Joie's face.

               She wasn't okay. "How are you?"

               Glancing down at her drink, she smiled small. "I'm.. dealing."

               I accepted that because any other time she'd lie. "The baby?"

               "Still growing. Kicking my behind." She let out a small genuine laugh, "This little fetus of mine is healthy."

               "Good. I can't wait!" I squealed, rubbing her stomach that barely had a bump in it.

               "New teams are gonna be all Hassan—offering deal after deal. Millions after millions. I want you to promise me something."

               I looked her in the eyes. "Anything."

               "If he chooses to go with another team.. promise you'll leave."

               "What? No way. I can't leave you. What about Care? I mean, my organization is here."

               "Fuck us, Andi." She retorted, "Do you hear me? Fuck.. Us. We're grown. Lives of our own. You can start your organization anywhere. But here, Dallas.. It's not it. He accepts a deal, leaving the Cobras, do not convince him to stay. You pack up you and Arya's shit and you go. Because that's what you deserve. Not this shit. Not what our mother's put us in the middle of. I want you to promise me."

               I nodded and she says, "no. I want to hear you say it."

               "I promise Jojo."

               That offered her some relief. "You deserve better. We deserve better. And.. we're gonna get better."

               "What's your better?"

               Joie stared at me with an expression I've never seen until it suddenly replaced with a smile. "Hey, future brother in-law."

               Hassan came beside me, grinning. "What's up sis? You mind if I take her off ya hands?"

               "Oh no. It's y'all engagement party. Do y'all thug thizzle." She checked her phone, "I gotta head out. Call you in the morning?"

               "Please do," I said.

               Joie hugged me and Hassan before she left ZC2 and I watched her pause at the back door of a blacked out Rolls Royce. She felt me eyeballing her and made a funny face over her shoulder that got a chuckle out of me. She must've felt my slight ease, winking at me, and getting drove away.

               "You okay?" Hassan asked, hugging my waist and kissing my temple.

               "I'm not sure," I responded honestly.

               "Mind clear." He ordered sweetly, "This our engagement party."

               I smiled up at him, raising slightly in my heels to kiss his lips soft and long twice. "You're right. Fiancé. Shall we enjoy our party?"

               "Yes, we shall."

               "Happy freaking couple!" Hassan's agent, Marty, approached smiling wide. "Congrats. Henri, I have some exciting news for you."

               "Not now, Marty. This my engagement party."

               "I know.. But it's really huge news." Marty gritted just teeth, eager to spill out the info.

               Hassan knew it and it made me chuckle. "One, Marty."

               "Okay. Contracts are coming outta the ass man! I mean gigantic. New York, Chicago, Boston! Man let me show you the numbers."

               "No, Marty, that's coo." Hassan stopped him, chuckling. "We'll talk more in the morning."

               "Fine, fine. Enjoy."

               Hassan pulled me away. "Marty something else."

               "Teams after Big H2!"

               "It's about us now." he stated, "Anywhere that wants me, we both have to approve. Rather I stay in here or choose elsewhere. I gotta take Bug's father in consideration as well. I can't pull her away from him and his siblings."

               I nodded, "let's.. save this conversation for later."

               He kissed my forehead. "Yes ma'am."

               Our engagement party was a success and even the night at home. The next morning I picked up Arya, while Hassan met with Marty. I ran errands and drove over to Jarvis's..

               "I seen the game last night," Jarvis stated as he accepted Arya. "Congratulations."

               "Do you really mean that?"

               Jarvis chuckled. "Of course. I lost you. I'm taking my L. Biggest win was this beautiful soul of ours. I couldn't ask for anything more. Plus it take a strong man to raise another man's child like his own. So I gotta give him that."

               "Wow." I was shocked as I felt his forehead, "Are you sick?"

               He laughed. "Na, man. I'm just letting go of the petty shit. Plus, I gotta talk to you bout something."

               "And there it is." I pointed, "What's up?"

               "I been doing more business in South Carolina. I plan on moving that way in a few weeks ago." He let me know, "I just wanted to let you know about it cause we can't just drop Arya off with each other how we do now. We gotta step up this schedule. And honestly I rather it work around the schedule I have her brother's. It's the Summer, so my son's will be with me half of the break and they mother at the end."

               "And you want me to let my daughter go with you for half the summer?" I questioned and he nodded, "South Carolina for half the... I don't know. I nearly lose my mind when she's over here for a few days."

               "Aight, so let's compromise. She'll be with me for a week and you for a week. We just go back and forth."

               "Now that I can do."

               "Shake hands?"

               I put my hand in his and we firmly shook on it. "Okay, snookums, mama will be back later."

               I kissed Arya and turned to my vehicle. I paused before getting in, "Promise me something, JV.."

               "Yeah?"

               "Never keep her away from Hassan. She loves him."

               "I promise." he said.

               I nodded, smiling softly, and blowing my baby twin a kiss before I got in my car and left.

               The drive to my office from Jarvis's was a distance, but I was nearly there. I turned on the street my office building was located when the ringing of my phone sounded out of the speakers around my car.

               "I was surely about to call."

               "I knew you was," It was Joie and we snickered. "Whatcha doing?"

               "Heading to the office. I dropped off Arya to her dad. He's moving to South Carolina girl."

               "Oh foreal? Okay, I see—"

               A sudden smash on my side of the vehicle interrupted Joie and I tried to control the wheel of my spinning car. But it got out of my control.

               ..

               I coughed, body aching all over and my car upward down. The windows were broken and blood was all over me. I didn't see another vehicle, so I took it as a hit and run. But it was different. Outside was quiet. Usually I hear something, somebody. No bystanders were around to report the crash. No sirens.

               I looked around and the heat of fire caught my eye. It started at the hood of my car and the larger it grew, the wider my eyes became. "Oh my God!"

               I wrestled with the seatbelt, coming to the conclusion that it was stuck. I couldn't reach my phone. I couldn't squeeze out the seatbelt with it locking on me at impact. I'm stuck.

               "Somebody help me!"

                    "Somebody!"

                         "Help!"

                              "Me!"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 79 36
Drama, love, heartbreak, friendship. Soon, things will change for the group of friends! Will everyone be able to get through the worst of times? See...
212 0 10
the story of a group of friends and all their adventures, lives, and troubles.
40 9 13
Three friends and the story of their friendship, the challenges, feelings and loss that all come along with life.
176 44 18
The tale of betrayal , revenge and love .