Constellations | BNHA

By Starlight__Stories

Yuna Azumi has always been bullied for being a late bloomer. She didn't get her quirk until she was 9 years o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 31

548 16 10
By Starlight__Stories

After Yuna and Amethyst finished the patrol, they headed back to the agency and Amethyst let Yuna fully settle into her room. Yuna had changed out of her hero costume and managed to fall asleep almost the second she laid down in bed. The next morning, Yuna was awakened by an alarm and Amethyst had appeared at her door, telling her to change into her hero costume before they headed down into the hero agency's basement. When she stepped out of the room, she saw it was like a large version of her basement, it seemed ten times bigger. There were multiple training rooms and one big one. Each of the rooms was different, one was even filled with water - according to Amethyst, a few of her sidekicks asked for a room that let them train underwater. The main training room was just a big open room.

A few of Amethyst's sidekicks were down there, training with each other. They greeted the two of them as Yuna followed Amethyst into a small training room that no one was in.

"So," Amethyst started. "I've seen a good bit of what you're capable of, so I have my own opinions on what you should work on. But before we start, I wanna know your opinion on what you're good at and what you need to work on."

"Oh," Yuna said, with a  bit of surprise. She took a minute to think before saying, "Well, uh, during the sports festival, a few times, I summoned a constellation and it kinda just acted on its own. Also, I'd like to work on summoning multiple things at once and switching between constellations faster."

"Alright. And what do you mean when you say it acted on its own?" Amethyst questioned.

Yuna opened her mouth and then closed it, not sure how to explain it. "It's kind of hard to explain, but when I summon constellations, I'm entirely controlling them. It's why one of my biggest problems has always been making sure I don't stiffen up too much when using my quirk since I always had to focus a ton on the constellation I summoned. If that makes sense."

"Yeah, I think I get it," Amethyst said. "Go on."

"So, at the sports festival, when I summoned that raven during the cavalry battle, it just kinda did want I wanted it too. I had even forgotten I summoned it until it came back with headbands. And when I was fighting Bakugo, it was like the bear was taking hits for me. Usually, it's like I take the hits instead of my constellations. But it wasn't like that during my fight with Bakugo a few times. It hurt a lot less." Yuna explained. She sighed before continuing, "It was just like the constellation didn't really need to be controlled by me anymore. I don't know. It's hard to explain and it's really just a sort of feeling... thing."

Amethyst hummed, "Yeah, ok, I think I get it. So, before, you were thinking of your constellations as more so puppets that you needed to control every move of. And now, you're realizing that they're not puppets, but almost like living creatures that you just call from another world and sort of give orders to."

"That's a good way to look at that," Yuna muttered.

"Great, so that kinda clears up what I was going to tell you about. I noticed you were a bit stiff when you fight, so we'll work on that today and then I'll teach you some more about some other things besides fighting bad guys that heroes have to do." Amethyst said. "Pretty much, this morning will be fun and the afternoon will suck."

"Ok."

"Ok, great. And, uh, which constellations are easiest for you to summon?" Amethyst asked.

"Um, none of them are really that much different in terms of how difficult they are to summon," Yuna said, thinking about it. She had noticed it a few times. She would be able to summon a dragon pretty much just as easily as a bird. "I mean, constellations with more stars and ones that are bigger take a bit more energy to summon than smaller, less complicated constellations. But it's really not a big difference. Oh, and the time of year also has an impact on stuff. If it's night in the summer, it'll be easier for me to summon the cancer constellation than it would be if it's day and in the winter."

"Oh really?" Amethyst questioned, earning a nod from Yuna. "Ok, wow, your quirk is more complicated than I thought."

"Not really," Yuna mumbled.

"There's just a lot of factors to it," Amethyst replied, waving her hand. "But you seem to know all that stuff. You have a very good understanding of how your quirk works. I don't think adjusting the way you use your quirk will be too difficult for you."

Yuna didn't respond and Amethyst sighed, "Maybe we should've went over more before coming down here." Amethyst paused and sighed again. "Above everything, I think you struggle with your confidence the most. You're really strong and have a great understanding of your quirk, yet you don't seem to give yourself credit for that. By the time you leave here, I want you to be confident in your abilities, because you should be. And good heroes should show that they're confident even in really tough situations. That's why All Might is the symbol of peace. He's confident even in the worse situations."

Yuna nodded a little robotic like. She didn't think she wasn't not confident in her abilities. She just knew she always had to keep pushing forward and that she'd never be good enough if she didn't keep working. There were so many people much stronger than her and she wouldn't be able to say she was an effective hero until she rivaled their strength.

"Anyways, let's get started," Amethyst said, pulling Yuna out of her thoughts. "I want you to summon, uh... the grizzly bear. And then see if you can just have it here without really thinking about it."

"Ok," Yuna muttered before she raised her hand and drew the big dipper constellation. The small, glowing light converged and the translucent, blue and purple grizzly bear stood in front of Yuna. She stared at it and, for a second, she considered thanking it for helping her in her fight against Bakugo, but eventually didn't. Though, part of her felt bad for that. Because now, she was realizing the constellations she summoned we're almost their own beings, that most likely had feelings.

"Oh wow, it's so much cooler up close," Amethyst said in amazement as she walked around the grizzly. The bear seemed to be giving her a suspicious look and moved so it was standing almost defensively in front of Yuna, who was a little surprised by it's actions. Amethyst seemed to pick up on what was happening and asked, "Can your constellations talk to you?"

"What?"

"Like, do they communicate with you somehow?" Amethyst questioned.

"I- I don't know. No?"

Amethyst hummed, "It seems like each of your constellations probably have their own personalities. Like this bear is protective of you and kinda sees you as it's cub. And the lion is probably courageous and the dragon is probably prideful or something. I think that your constellations are sort of their own beings that developed when you got your quirk and you're able to call on them since they're connected to you through your quirk."

"That would make sense," Yuna mumbled. "Especially with how they've been acting recently."

"Hey, maybe that's why it took you so long to get your quirk," Amethyst said with sudden excitement. "Maybe you got your quirk earlier than you thought, but just couldn't use it because what you were supposed to be summoning wasn't quiet down forming."

Yuna shrugged, placing a hand on the head of the bear. It was strangely soft. "Maybe, but that doesn't really matter. They're here now and I need to figure out how to control them without controlling them."

"I don't think that'll be that hard for you to do. Especially since you already changed the way you think about your quirk." Amethyst said. "I think you're doing it right now."

"Yeah," Yuna muttered. She stared at the bear that was still standing next to her with almost no effort or thought from Yuna. Then she looked back up at Amethyst, "So now what?"

"Now, you try this out with your other constellations. Then we'll spar." Amethyst said, cracking her knuckles.

Right before Yuna had made the bear disappear, it seemed to growl at Amethyst, though, the hero didn't notice as Yuna started to cycle through the constellations she knew how to summon. Each one had just sort of been there with none of the focus Yuna usually had to have when using her quirk. It was a little strange at first. It felt different. But it wasn't bad and didn't take long for Yuna to get used to. She had even tried summoning two constellations at once, the Canis Minor and Little Dipper constellations, who Amethyst had a ton of fun with for ten minutes while Yuna just sat on the floor across from her, surprised by how easy it was for her to have two constellations summoned at the same time for so long.

When Yuna finished testing out each of her constellations, it was already lunch time and Amethyst didn't feel like fighting her, so they ended the training and went to eat. It was the first time after a training session that long that Yuna didn't feel like dying. She was a little tired from using her quirk so much, but it wasn't anything like it usually was. It was shocking how changing something seemingly so little made using her quirk so much easier. Yuna was almost a little upset with herself for not figuring things out sooner.

After lunch, Amethyst walked Yuna through what her afternoon would usually be if she didn't have any patrols or missions. She had been right in saying that it would be boring. A lot of it was either sitting around, doing paperwork, or watching Amethyst's sidekicks train - which had been the most interesting thing all afternoon.

Once it was time for dinner, Yuna was dismissed and ate before going to her room and turning in for the day.

-Author Note-

I almost forgot to post this chapter today. On the day of posting this I'm camping, so my internet has been really terrible and I went kayaking early so I was also busy. You know, for someone who writes fanfiction on Wattpad, I actually do a lot in my life that I feel like people wouldn't expect from me based on my online presence. I don't know, I think about that sometimes.

Anyways, Yuna is making improvements and stuff. I actually really enjoyed writing the internship arc. I believe the next chapter is when things get going; though I could be wrong, I don't feel like checking. I'm very tired as I'm writing this author note and am going to sleep after I post this chapter, so... yeah.

I hope you have a good day!

-Starlight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986 27 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...
179K 5.4K 32
(IzukuXReader) (Y/N) is a girl who is struggling with her life because of a man she has been trying to get away from for years, until she meets a kin...
313K 9.4K 6
You spent your childhood defending your best friend, Izuku, claiming that one day the two of you will be a pro hero duo - not caring that your friend...
1M 36.6K 47
(l/n) (y/n), a very hostile girl whom despised everyone and everyone despised her. izuku midoriya, a very sweet boy who was popular with his classmat...