More Than Friends

By jthawtiter

Everybody life is good, living great, and enjoying their purpose for being on earth. Family means everything... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 Pt. 1
Chapter 63 Pt. 2
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 71

1.1K 45 70
By jthawtiter

*hey you guys, hope all is well. i just want to say thank you for reading my book. I love y'all & hope all is well.*

"Payton my momma is outside" August told her as he looked on his phone seeing her car pulling up.

"I'm about to leave then" Payton said getting up from laying on August chest.

"Why" he asked and Payton walked into the closet ignoring him.

"August" he heard his momma banging on the door.

"Fuck" he groaned getting up, he walked to the door without his crutches.

"Hey momma" he said as he opened the door.

"Why is Payton car outside" she asked him as she walked in with groceries.

"Because she lives here... why you bringing all this stuff" he asked her and she walked to the kitchen.

"You needed groceries last time I was here so I bought you some, I need some more money in my bank account" she told him as she put the groceries on the island.

"I'm taking you off my account, you better go get a job" August told her so abruptly.

"What." She said in confusion.

"Ma I'm not gone keep taking care of you and you acting like this. You don't control me" August told her as he limped to the counter stool.

"Where is all this coming from" she asked and August sigh.

"Pierre told me that you told the doctors not to let Payton see me, I never told you to do that. I never told you to kick her off the lease, I never told you anything but you do what you want but that ain't gone keep happening because I'm trying to get her back and you being toxic" August told her truthfully.

"Listen here son, the reason I been acting like towards her is because she's sneaky." She told her and August smacked his teeth.

"Momma I don't care, she's the mother of my child and my wife you not gone keep being around us if you can't get your shit together" August told her as if he made his mind up already.

"August are you serious right now" she asked him and Payton walked out the room.

"I'll be back" Payton said heading for the door.

"And where you going" Mama T asked her and Payton paused looking at her.

"Last time I check I'm grown and second of all I don't even answer to Tasha so what make you think imma answer to you" Payton asked smartly and Mama T walked from behind the island.

"So you just gone leave my son here with no help" She asked walking over to Payton.

"You gone wish you would've let her walk out the door" August told her and Payton was sick of her shit.

"Listen lady, I don't know why you got this hate in your heart for me but let me tell you something. I don't give a fuck about none of that shit because I'm not letting your shit slide nomore. You tested my kid I let that slide, I'm not gone say what else you did because I should've whooped yo ass the first time." Payton told her as she stepped to her.

"I'm not letting shit else slide with you word to my grandma yo because your full of bullshit and you think I want your son for his money because your broke and don't have any but baby I'm a self made millionaire I don't need his money." Payton accent came off her tongue and August just sat back and watch.

"He don't want you Payton, he could've did way better" Mama T folded her arms across her chest.

"Yea well he could have but I'm the one with his baby and he eating and fucking me so I don't care about what he could've had because he get everything he need over here" Payton told her with no remorse.

"Such a slut" Mama T said with disgust.

"Only for your son, how you think your grandchild got here but seriously yo what's your problem with me yo deadass" Payton asked her with irritation.

"Your think you just gone come here and take his money and take my house from me. He took that house from me for you and he paid for everyt-" before she could Payton cut her.

"Fuck all that bullshit you talking" Payton cut her moving her hand for her to be quiet.

"Lady listen my bank account ain't never been a problem for me, maybe for you because you don't have shit but a millionaire son, shorty my kid is already set for life and he even walked yet" Payton told her with no problem.

"Don't ever play with me like I'm not a paid bitch because I am and you know that. Get your life together before you ever step to me again because next time imma hurt yo feelings" Payton snapped at her and she stood speechless.

"August I'm going to the gym with Shawn I'll be back" Payton told him and he sat back not even surprised.

"Alright" he told her as she left.

"And you can take them groceries back because we don't need them this is my house so I already put groceries in it, enjoy your day" Payton told her before closing the door behind her.

"Well I told you" August said standing up heading for his room.

"Shut the hell up August" she said walking back over to her stuff in the counter.

August reached his room and heard the door slam hard. Adam didn't move a bit, he kissed him on the cheek and limped to bed. He sat on the side of the bed. He looked over at Adam in his crib and he sigh.

He couldn't believe he was unable to take care of him how he wanted to. He couldn't believe he took a pill & made a stupid mistake that almost cost him his life. He pulled his shorts up to see the cuts all up his legs. Seeing that his patches needed to be changed he pulled his shorts back down and waited for Payton.

He sigh thinking about her. Payton just really hurt his feelings knowing that he was trying his best to be with her but she told him that she couldn't trust him anymore.

He knew that's all she needed was somebody to trust and at some point he was the only one and he didn't want to feel like she had no one.
He knew that's how she felt but she'd never say it. 

"Yo Michelle where Shawn at" Payton asked her as she walked on the elevator.

"He's sleep right now" she said and Payton smacked her teeth.

"Wake him up, we going to the gym" Payton told her as she pressed the button and walked to the back of the elevator with her phone to her ear.

"Payton we need to talk when you get here" Michelle told her and nodded as if Michelle could see her.

"Alright I'm headed to your floor now so wake Shawn up" Payton told her and Michelle hung up.

"I gotta do this shit again" Payton said as she waited for the elevator to stop.

She walked off the elevator taking a deep breath. She went to the room and knocked. Michelle opened the door but didn't open it at the way so Payton took another deep before walking in.

"Yo you woke Shawn" Payton asked her as she looked around.

"Payton I want to have a talk you with real quick" Michelle said sitting down in the chair.

"Yea I know but did you wake Shawn up" Payton asked her and she sigh.

"Payton Shawn is tired" Michelle told her.

"I don't care he knows what time it is when he gets in trouble" Payton told her with shrug.

"You don't care, Payton let's not forget who child this is." Michelle said and Payton smacked her teeth.

"Yea let's not because last time I checked you signed him over to me so technically he's our kid and he got in trouble so he's going to get up and come to the gym, I don't care about none of that" Payton told her upfront.

"Okay wait because you not gone do me like this, that wasn't my fault" Michelle told her with a attitude.

"Michelle I don't give a damn who fault is was, you don't leave your kid Michelle. Everyday  of your life you do whatever it takes to make it home to your kids Michelle" Payton told her how she felt about it.

"I tried Payton." Michelle began to cry.

"No you didn't because if you can go out here, get fucked and pregnant then i know for a fact you can pick up a phone and check on your kid" Payton pointed at her.

"Payton I didn't expect for this to happen" she said shaking her head wiping her tears.

"And Shawn didn't expect both of his parents to leave his side but it happened, it's life but I tell you what.. I'm gone be there every time for Shawn whether you like it or not because your kid hasn't done any wrong in life to be treated like this." Payton told her as she stood up looking at her.

"What's your point here Payton" Michelle asked feeling overwhelm.

"My point is it's not about who they come from it's about where their going and who's getting them there.  If you let someone steps into your life you make sure they make your time worth while because that's all you have Michelle, you don't ever put a man or anybody else before your kid." Payton told her so calmly.

"So your not gone to give me custody back" Michelle asked her after she cleared her face.

"Michelle imma say this and be done with it...any child that comes in your life you treat them how you wanted to be treated as a kid, I know for a fact the way you treat Shawn is not the way you wanted to be treated as a child." Payton told her and Shawn walked in.

"Are you seriously not going to give my child back" she stood and Shawn just listened.

"No because if you wanted your kid how you say you do then you would've never signed him over to me, if his own father can go shoot somebody and come see him then I know for a fact you can do it but you didn't. I had to bring him to you, so no I'm not giving you custody back." Payton told her and Michelle sat back down devastated.

"I'm taking you to court then" Michelle said as she wiped her face.

"I want you to because I'm going to make you fight for him since you don't want to do it yourself, so take me to court. We have nothing else to talk about" Payton told her with a shrug.

"Shawn let- come on kid" Payton turned around to see Shawn was standing there.

"Okay" he said, he only heard half of what was said.

"Payton can we talk." Shawn asked as they sat down for a break.

"Shawn i'm not leaving you" she told him already knowing what he wanted to talk about.

"But what if she take me away from you, you can't let her have custody of me." Shawn told her as he put the ball on the floor.

"Your mom loves you kid, she made mistakes but she loves you Shawn" Payton told him and his eyes watered.

"So your going to let her take me" Shawn asked and Payton sigh.

"I'm only doing this for you, I'm trying to show that she actually cares about you. Don't give up on your mom kid" she told him honestly.

"But she gave up on me Pay-Pay, I didn't ask her to bring me into this world to treat me like this" he said as a tear fell.

"Listen kid your pops and your mom made mistakes but love your parents because you only get one of them" Payton told him and he sigh.

"Then why can't you love your mom" Shawn asked her and she scooted down beside him.

"Because Tasha hasn't stop hating me since I was a kid, I would get alone with Tasha if she wasn't so stuck on herself I'd give her the time of day but she always makes everything about her or the past." Payton told him the truth.

"Well can I at least spend the night with you tonight" he asked and she nodded.

"Yea, is that Pierre" she asked as she noticed him from a distance.

"Yea, that's him" Shawn said as he got up.

He walked over to Pierre and shook his hand. Payton stayed sitting on the bleachers because she knew he came to talk. Payton didn't honestly care to know why he was upset with her because she did nothing wrong to him or August.

"Please don't let him be the third victim" she said to herself as he walked over.

"Wassup P" Pierre said as he walked up sitting beside her.

"Wassup Pierre" she said and they did their handshake.

"So wassup , what you wanna talk to me about" she asked as she watched Shawn run through plays by hisself.

"Man P you really gotta stop acting like that with August, he a good man and he loves you" Pierre told her and she looked at him confused.

"And exactly how I'm acting with him Pierre because I could've sworn I'm the one taking care of him after all that's happened" Payton told him in her defense.

"P ever time y'all get into it you leave that man, y'all don't even sit down and talk. You know he loves you if he cry when he think about losing you, you got a good man he just making mistakes because y'all don't talk about y'all problems" Pierre told her how he felt.

"And ever time he makes that mistake I'm  there to pick him up, plus he left that night, I didn't tell him to leave." Payton said still defending herself.

"So what's holding you back from him" Pierre asked her and she shrugged.

"He kissed Angel" she said with no problem.

"And look where she at" Pierre said trying to prove his point.

"But Pierre if you have to choose between the first and second person you always chose second because if you loved the first one as much as you say you do it would've never been a second" Payton told him how she truthfully felt about it.

"P it was a accident " Pierre said trying to defend August.

"Pierre a accident is what you call the shit that went down with you and Angel. August fucking knew that she was after him still fucking kept her around, not only that she had kissed you so why would he have her around you when she bring bad blood to the table." Payton asked him and he sigh, she was so tough to get to.

"So you don't forgive him." Pierre asked and she looked at Shawn.

"Do the justice forgive those who make mistakes... no they just send them away for a certain amount of time so only time will make my feelings change not you or nobody else can change that" Payton told him and he smacked his teeth.

"Okay but I'm just saying, I don't think there's another man that could love you as much as  August. He goes hard for you even when you ain't around so the bullshit that's going on between y'all, y'all need to talk it out because all you have is time left either fix it or let it go P" Pierre told her and she sigh.

"I'm not trying to be stubborn or anything but that really hurt me Pierre. I would never step out on him and he stepped out on me because I didn't answer the phone, that shit is pathetic to me bro" she said as she told him.

"Payton either you forgive and work on your trust with him or you let it eat you up until you hate him but in the end you gotta let it go because your son needs you and his pops so if you can't talk for yourself at least do it for Adam." Pierre told her honestly and she took his words in.

"I'll talk to him Pierre" she said as she thought about her kid.

"Thank you that's all I want you to do because you deserve all the love he got to give you Payton, you go hard for everybody and you need somebody to do the same for you. And I'm serious P" Pierre told her and she sigh.

"Okay love Doctor I'm going to play ball" Payton stood up and he stood up laughing.

"Twenty-one" Pierre asked as they walked down the bleachers.

"Yea, let make a bet." Payton said as they stopped at the bleachers.

"Oo.. if I win you go half with me on the gym I'm buying down the street from your restaurant" Pierre told him and she bit her lip taking a deep breath.

"If I win you go half with me for the stuff I need for the homeless shelter" Payton told him as they walked down the rest of the bleachers.

"When you got that" Pierre asked proudly.

"I won the case with Lauren, I own everything she got" Payton told him shrugging like it was nothing.

"Damn" Pierre said shaking his head.

"But I'm not going to take nothing from her but the property she bought in New York with my money and turn it into a homeless shelter. everything else she can keep" Payton told him her decision.

"You told her that yet" he asked her and she shook her head no.

"She's mad as hell, she don't even answer my calls" Payton said laughing to herself.

"We'll at least you sparing her" Pierre said and Payton xnodded.

"So we gotta deal." Payton asked him and he shook her hand.

"Deal, half court" he asked her and she smacked her teeth.

"Full court, make your money worth losing" Payton said competitively as she squatted down tying her shoe tighter.

"Shawn back for good now" he asked since he seen Shawn was upstairs with Adam.

"Naw, he just spending the night" she said as she sat on the couch typing on the computer.

"You aight" he asked her and she looked over at him before looking back at her computer.

"Yea I'm okay" she said as she typed nodding her head slightly.

"What happened with Michelle." He asked her, he knew something other then what happened with his mom was bothering her.

"She's taking me to court to get him back" Payton said like it was nothing important.

"Why you didn't give her custody back" he asked getting up limping to the couch she was on.

"Where are crutches August" Payton asked him as she watched him struggle to get to the couch.

"In the room" He said as he careful sat down.

"You been walking around all day without them" she asked him as she looked at him and he groaned at the after shock.

"Yea" he said quietly as his leg throbbed in pain.

August had about six cuts on his legs going from his kneecap to the top of his leg. He had about fifty stitches in his leg and he refused to use his crutches when Payton wasn't around. He had been moving around a lot, interacting with Adam and making his food so he was pretty sore.

"August you gone end up in a wheelchair." She told him as she closed her laptop.

"Why" he asked as she put her laptop on the edge of the sofa.

"Your going to pop your stitches to the point where your going to be in a wheelchair til they heal" she told him as she got up going to get his medicine and him a cup of water.

"The crutches hurt my underarm P" he complained as she got him a cup of water from the fridge.

"Yea I know I'm going to put some cushions on the top so they won't hurt that much, here take this" she told him as she walked back over to him giving him his medicine.

"Thank you" he said as he took it and she stood infront of him making sure he swallowed it.

"Now go lay down cause you know you going to sleep" she told him as she began to clean up the small dishes she used earlier.

"You gone come lay down with me" August asked her as he watched as she moved around.

"Yea after I make Shawn a snack and Adam a bottle, do you want a snack" she asked as walked towards the kitchen.

"I been tell you what I want and you keep giving me everything but that" he said as he propped his arm up on the couch to watch her.

"August you get on my nerves yo" Payton laughed already knowing what he was talking about.

"Why can't we have sex P" he asked her and she just blushed shaking her head as she washed the cups and Adam's bottle.

"August your body doesn't need intercourse right now." She told him as she put the dishes up walking her hands.

"I ain't even gotta move you do good on top" he said and she busted out laughing and he did too.

"It's good exercise" she told him and he started laughed harder shaking his head.

"So why we can't do that" he asked her as he licked his lips at the thought of her on top of him.

"Do you want a snack or no" she slightly smiled as she changed the support.

"You" he told her and she smacked her teeth.

"Ham and Cheese it is" she said as she opened the fridge grabbing the  stuff she needed to make a sandwich.

"Man P this is so lame." He said smacking his teeth and Payton chuckled as he complained.

"August what's the problem now" she asked as she grabbed Adam a new bottle from the cabinet.

"I'm cripple, can't get no sex, can't go to the studio.. I'm bored" he said shrugging and Payton looked at him before making the sandwich.

"That's what Adam is for" Payton told him as she cut the sandwich.

"He sleeps twelve hours a day, Adam is the quietest baby I ever seen. Parenting is too easy" August said grabbing his controller.

"Oh you just wait til he hit two, you'll regret that one" Payton told him as she cut the sandwiches with her homemade string cutter.

Payton always made her food with love. Anything she cooked as made with love no matter if it was a soul food dinner down to a pb&j sandwich. She loved to take her time with what she made.

"Adam is quiet" August said.

"That's the thing, he's quiet and when your two years old and you see something you never did before your going to try it and with our kid is quiet, which makes him sneaky so he's gone get into some stuff so he prepared" Payton told him as she shook his bottle up.

"Damn you right" he said as he sat back and realized she was right.

Payton suck her head laughing, August laughed with her as he looked at her.

"Here, I'm going to take this upstairs." She handing him his plate.

"I thought we were going to go lay down" she said as she walked towards the stairs.

"I'm just gone play one game" he said and Payton knew he was gone be sleep by the time she got back downstairs.

"Here Shawn" Payton said as she walked in the room to see him holding Adam on his chest while he watched Pierre basketball plays.

"You fend to take him" Shawn asked noticing the bottle in her hand.

"Yea it time for him to get in his room" Payton said as she sat his plate on his bed.

"Alright lil bro, goodnight" Shawn said kissing his cheek and handing him over to Payton.

"Night kid" Payton told him as she they did their handshake.

"Night P" he said giving her a hug, he really missed her.

Payton kissed him on his forehead before leaving the room. She put Adam in his crib and kissed his forehead. She laid his bottle beside him.

Adam was a smart kid to be 10 months. At about 12 every night Adam would wake up for a bottle. He was smart enough to roll over and get it because he knew it would be there. But if he didn't have that bottle there he was gone have a fit.

"Love you babyboy" she kissed him again before leaving out cracking the door.

She walked back downstairs and August was asleep on the couch. Payton cut off the kitchen light and got a her blanket. She turned off the tv and laid down on top of August making sure to miss his leg, he instant pulled her closer to him as she covered them up. He kissed her forehead as she laid down in the side of his neck.

"I love you" August told her as she got comfortable.

"I love you too." She told him and they fell asleep on the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 200 22
Life is not as easy as it generally looks like, it is based on love, hardships, relationships, hate and much much more interesting stuff. At some poi...
11.4K 239 44
August & Bianca Been BestFriends Since They Was 10... They Was Partners & Crime... They Did Everything Together... They Was Close As Hell But That Al...
43.7K 1.3K 43
Book series in order β™₯ { β€’ My Brother Bestfriend } { β€’ This Thing Called Life } { β€’ This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...
158K 4.7K 58
August Alsina & Loyalty Lamonte start off as friends, then end up 'entangled' in a love worth every chapter! πŸ’―πŸ€« Relationships aren't always roses a...