Can't Get Out | Ryeji

By itzyddaeng

Two girls living together with different personalities and different background. Roommates relationship only... More

REMINDERS
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
note
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
note
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
note
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
author's note
NEW STORY!
Twitter

Chapter 46

2.4K 157 105
By itzyddaeng

RYUJIN

Friday. 

The things I had deal with was the remaining debt that we haven't paid at the province and I took care of it all. 

I really want to settle everything first before dealing with whatever it has to do with Yeji. 

Because to be completely honest, I'm not sure what's ahead if we fixed our issues. Are we going to get back together? Coward as it may seems, but her father is the worst. With the words he said to me from the past years, I became scared and it actually affected how I view my willingness to hold onto Yeji. 

I still want her. But the idea of her became someone I will never reach. 

I had to travel all the way to our province to deal with our remaining debts for four days after my conversation with Yeji. We haven't been in touch since then. However, she allowed me to stay in the apartment we used to live in together. Yet, she does not come here. She's said she's already staying at her parent's place, which I didn't comment much about. It would be too much, right? 

In fact, I want her to stay but I didn't even had the guts to ask her since I believed it would be too much to ask for.

While I was staring blankly at the living room, I suddenly received a call from Chaeryeong. 

I'd been in good terms with Chaeryeong for a while now. She was the first person to whom I explained everything with, and she accompanied me to our province last Monday. But later returned home at night, as she had plans with Lia that evening. 

When I told her about what happened, she said I was dumb for keeping it all by myself. 

Yet, she understands. It was my decision after all. But it was still not a good move to left them hanging, worrying about me which I completely get where it's coming from.

"Hey." I greeted as I answered the call. 

"What's up? Is the debt settled already?"

"Yup." I answered. "I'm here at the place I used to live in with Yeji."

"With Yuna?"

"No." I uttered. "She has a job interview at the province."

"Oh, so she decided to settle there?" 

"I think so. Maybe." I answered. "She's not really a fan of staying in Seoul."

"You are?"

"I already have a life here." 

"Correction. You used to have a life here."

"That's why I'm building it again." I said and giggled. "Do you want to come over? Or you have a date?"

"Lia's with Yeji." Chaeryeong said. "You didn't know?"

"We haven't been in contact since the last time we talked, Ryeong."

"God, when I said you should take things step by step I mean it, but not this slow. You should step up your game." She was frustrated but I just laughed it off. "Yeji is attractive, no wonder a lot of people admires her."

"What are you pertaining?"

"You know what I'm talking about. The man is courting him."

She was talking about Woohyun. 

"I don't care about that guy." I replied. "I want to respect Yeji and my boundaries with her."

"Okay okay, I understand."

"So, are you going here?"

"Yes. In 10 minutes."

"Okay. See you, Ryeong." I said and we ended the call. 

Truth be told, I am bothered with the guy named Woohyun. Yeji didn't really mentioned him to me when we talk. And I thought I will be crossing the line if I ask again. What I did when we talked outside the bar was too much. I was honestly overpowered by jealousy that time.

Chaeryeong did mention it to me though. She said that he has been courting Yeji for a while now but had always been rejected by the latter.

I would be lying if I say that Yeji rejecting him didn't made me feel better.

Because it did.

But to say I'm not jealous would be complete absurd because I am. He was from a well known family and is the man Mr. Hwang wants Yeji to be with.

When I finished my coffee, I suddenly heard a door bell.

It must be Chaeryeong.

I opened the door for her and told her to go inside which she gladly did and here we are sitting on the couch with the drinks she bought and brought.

I just finished drinking coffee but no one can stop me from drinking beer. It's a weird combination but okay.

"Your love for beers never changed."

"You speak like I've changed a lot." I said and giggled.

"You did."

"Hmm?" I hummed asking what she was talking about.

"You enjoy those sticks you used to hate before."

"Cigarettes?"

"Yeah." She replied and drank from her can. "Was it really that hard?"

It was a sincere question.

I looked down and nodded. "It was."

"I could've been there for you, idiot."

"I really appreciate it, Ryeong." I said. "But back then, I wasn't at the state where I want people to be with me. I don't know, maybe because it felt like a bad dream but then it was reality. Just please know I didn't despise anyone of you even we weren't together. Deep inside, I know you're all there."

"You should really tell Yeji everything before it's too late."

"I know."

The room was filled with laughter and talks mostly about our life in the past two years we haven't been together. 

Lia and Chaeryeong had been discussing marriage for months now, according to Chaeryeong. Though details such as dates and else more haven't been decided, it is already certain that it will happen because the two were already ready to settle.

Honestly, when Chaeryeong talked about it, it also crossed my mind. 

Marriage. 

But to think about the possibilities will be me getting ahead of myself. 

So I knock the idea off. 

Later on, Chaeryeong said that she already has to go to pick up Lia. We're in front of the door of the apartment as I've said I'll see her off. 

"Are you sure you don't want to come?"

I shook my head and looked down. "I'll prepare myself to explain for tomorrow."

"It's not that you need a script." Chaeryeong rolled her eyes and it made me chuckle. "Just see Yeji. You don't have to do anything."

"It's fine." I said. "You should go now, Chaeryeong."

"Okay." She said. "I'll go now. Call me okay? Don't just disappear without words again. If you do, let's just forget about each other." She uttered and I laugh. 

"I'm not going to ghost you anymore."

"Good."

When I saw Chaeryeong entered the elevator, I went inside the apartment and settled myself at the sofa in the living room. 

Until I received a text. 

From Mr. Hwang.

It was a text I shouldn't have opened. 

Mr. Hwang

Thought it's been a while and I should contact my favorite Engineer to invite her for something big.

🔗'H Corporation CEO's daughter, Hwang Yeji to marry Mega Lawfirm CEO's son, Kim Woohyun.'

-

I didn't reply. 

I didn't know how to react as well. 

Well, it's not that Yeji and I are dating anymore. Maybe the courting story I've heard from Chaeryeong is not true and they're already in a relationship. Who will know? Yeji was the one who was being courted. Not Chaeryeong. 

And she didn't mention anything to me. All she asks for is an explanation. 

And maybe she wants an explanation not because she still wants to fix 'us'. 

But maybe it's for closure. 

I put my palm on my forehead, trying to sink in the things I've just read from the article.

Even though I didn't reply to Mr. Hwang, I read the article he sent. It says that the two have been dating for a year now and is taking their relationship to another level. There's also some statements from Yeji and Woohyun, saying they're happily in love and all shit. 

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice a tear fell from my eyes. 

I deserve this. What I did to Yeji is awful and she only deserves a person who stayed with her through bad times. Not someone who will leave without a word. 

Until I heard a doorbell. 

Chaeryeong must've read the article and came back. 

I wiped my tears and arranged myself before going to the door. I should at least look okay, not depressed. It's also my fault that I'm in pain. 

But when I opened the door, the person I wasn't expecting the most was standing there. 

"What took you so long to open this door?" She said and immediately went inside, hugging me tight. 

"Yeji." I uttered. 

I was having so much emotions inside me right now but unconsciously, I placed my hand at her back, returning the hug she gave. 

"Let's talk now." Yeji uttered not breaking any contact between us so we're still hugging each other tight. "I couldn't wait any longer."

"Hmm?" I hummed, processing the things that was happening.

"I said, I couldn't wait any longer." She repeated. "Not when you're crying like this and seem to believe some bullshit articles on the internet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 9K 56
Ryujin falls for Yeji but she has a hard time coming to terms with it. I never know what to write for story description so take it or leave it lol.
2K 70 12
Ryujin and Hyunjin had been together for coming up to 8 months, this was her first relationship and she was happy with him, some might even say comfo...
82.1K 3.1K 39
When two people with different personalities live in the same house. can they live in this house in peaceful and without any problems? Can one of the...
45.7K 1.2K 27
Just the life of the TsukkiYama couple. You can read it if you want . . . . . . . . . . . *this is my first story so...* *also their like in their 20...