Behind Eyes of Red

Da Deags58

This is our first fanfic so please keep that in mind, our story revolves around Katsuki Bakugo, we're going f... Altro

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: New Quirk
Chapter 2: Aspirations
Chapter 3: Never meet your heros
Chapter 4: New Friends
Chapter 5: Knotfest
CHAPTER 6: Sparks Fly
Chapter 6 Part 2: Ignition
Chapter 7: Godzilla
Chapter 8: Burnin Love
Chapter 9: Unconventional Recovery
Chapter 10: Heavy Burdens
Chapter 11: Memory Lane
Chapter 12: Breaking Point
Chapter 13: Bittersweet Revenge
Important Announcement
Chapter 14: A New Beginning???
Chapter 16: Blast from the past
Chapter 17: The Return
Chapter 18: (Unofficial) Business
Chapter 19: Business gets Personal
Chapter 20: I'm No Hero
Chapter 21: Actions bare Consequences
Chapter 22: Seeing a ghost, in the flesh
Chapter 23: Track'em Find'em Kill'em
Chapter 24: The Phoenix
Chapter 25: The Unsung Hero
Epilogue

Chapter 15: Old Wounds

152 8 12
Da Deags58

Old Wounds

About eleven months into Katsuki being welcomed into the home of the infamous vigilantes, Katsuki was officially (unofficially) under the wings of Vulgar and Deags as he became the new member of their "organization" known as NWGD for tax reasons. During which the guys have trained Katsuki in a new combat style to substitute the use of his quirk to maintain the veil of anonymity. Katsuki had dawned a new persona as the vigilante known only as "Ground Zero" (pretty badass right?). Though at first he wasn't really accepted in the public's eye, the more he took to the streets alongside VulGar and Deags, the less time it took for the public to start seeing him as one of "good guys". At first he only used hand to hand combat, Until Deags took the initiative and showed him the glorious world of firearms and artillery.

Primary: War Machine

Sidearm: Custom Ruger 57

Melee: Cold Steel Espada XL

Now dawning his new "Combat gear" and being properly trained in its use, Katsuki no longer has any use for his quirk unless in dire situations which he utilizes in the guise of using the dummy grenades strapped to his chest. Katsuki now looks more like a mercenary than a hero which I guess is the look he was going for as a way to leave his old life behind. In addition he has trimmed his long, spikey blonde hair and even went as far as to dye a purple streak in it.

Now caught up with the past few months we see the trio walking through the door of their penthouse apartment, tired and worn out from the job they had just finished for the commissioner.

Deags: Man I'm fucking beat dude.
VulGar: Dude.... You didn't do anything
Ground Zero: Yeah all you did was provide overwatch and pick off any strays... Or lack thereof.
Deags: While that may be true, it's still tiring being posted up on a building watching you two have all the fun.
Ground Zero: Lazy fuck...
VulGar: Deags, you heard what the commissioner said....
Deags: Yeah Yeah *eyes rolling* keep your nose clean blah blah blah... this shit ain't fair why am I on timeout
VulGar: Because dumbass, you're the one who shot a mall cop.
Ground Zero: Wait That's what happened!?!?
Deags: It's not my fault he got in my line of fire, it was an accident.
Ground Zero: Suuuure Deags.
VulGar: Look bro just 2 more days and you can get in the action again.
Deags: Fine!!! Anyways, we did get a good pay today. What should we do??
Ground Zero: I don't know, I was thinking about getting a tattoo.
VulGar: *goes to speak*
Ground Zero: No, I've seen your work and I'd rather take a bullet than let you give me a tattoo
Deags: *cocking his gun* That can be arranged *smirking*
VulGar: That hurts bro... anyways what did you have in mind?
Ground Zero: To be real, I've been wanting to get a really cool Guitar on my arm.... Might make it purple
Deags: Bro I've been meaning to ask.... Why the color purple? Like u have a purple streak in your hair, you keep purple headphones but never use them, and now a purple guitar tattoo?

As Katsuki was about to respond, Floof walked in the door with such an energetic attitude that one might think she was on drugs. She skips over to the guys who are relaxing on the couch with beers in their hands and asks what the plan is for the rest of the day. Ground Zero aka Katsuki, mentions that he wanted to go get a new tattoo which of course caused her to explode with excitement begging VulGar and Deags to let her get one as well. Which was obviously a lost cause as the duo had made clear that she could not get a tattoo until she was 18, which was in a few months but still, they wanted to set a good example and agreed to let her live her life as soon as she's considered an adult, but until then, she followed their teachings. Katsuki took this as his cue to make for the door.

Katsuki: Welp I'm out of here, be back in a few hours.
VulGar: Copy that
Deags: Say less
Floof: Less
Deags: *facepalm*
VulGar: Hehehe she got you.
Deags: Shut it
Floof: Alright i'm going to go get something from my room I'll be back.
Deags: Okay
Vulgar: Uh huh....

The duo continue to just chop it up for a bit, they've already gotten out of their vigilante gear and into their "comfort" clothes. For VulGar that was some pants, his red cloud hoodie and some big puffy slippers that look like sneakers and as for Deags, he wore some shorts and a hoodie with the sleeves cut off (to show off his arms) and some slides. ( if you don't know what slides are, they are Sandals/ slip ons... NOT FLIP FLOPS). VulGar and Deags were on the couch watching some YouTube videos, laughing their asses off when all of a sudden Deags stopped and smelled the air....

Deags: *sniff sniff sniff* You smell that?
VulGar: Smell what?
Deags: That smell, the smelly smell
VulGar: *confused* Huh??
Deags: That smelly smell that smells... *inhales* smelly....
VulGar: I swear if you say The Rock is cooking somethi-
Deags: Double stuffed....
VulGar: What??
Deags: DOUBLE STUFFED!!
VulGar: What about your stupid oreos?
Deags: *squints* Someone opened the package
VulGar: How could you possibly know that?
Deags: *holds up his finger* Shhhhh *slowly takes off his left slide and boomerangs it * YEEEET!!

VulGar watches in awe as the slipper curves around the living room and into the dining room, making its way to the hallway. Once out of sight behind the hallway corner the audible sound of plastic wrapper hitting the ground followed by "Oh nooooo" with a single throw, Deags was able to hit Floof's hands and knocked his cookies from her grasp. VulGar just watches as Deags gets up and walks over to a cowering Floof who's trying to clean up the mess...

Deags: AH HA! I KNEW IT
Floof: It's not what it looks like
VulGar: Dude How'd you do that?
Deags: Like you said.... My aim is always true.... Now explain Floof, before you get another Slee-pah!
VulGar: Fucking islander
Floof: Well you see... I bought more milk since we ran out, and you had Oreos...
VulGar: *heavy sigh* Floof, those are his Oreos, you know better.
Floof: Yeah but we ran out of milk...
Deags: No YOU drank the rest!
Floof: Irrelevant! But anywho I went out and bought some more and I was craving Oreos
Deags: So you Eat MINE?!?
Floofs: But I brought milk *puppy eyes*
VulGar: You're the one who drank it all so it was only right that you got more.
Floof: You stay out of this DAD
Deags: *shocked* Ohhhh you shouldn't have done that... *getting excited*
VulGar: You're on your own kid...
Deags: *cracks his knuckles*
Floof: Fuck...
Deags: Fuck is right, I'm feeling gassy.... 3 seconds head start
Floof: Wait.... *wide eyed*
Deags: TIMES UP....

Deags quickly traps Floof under a blanket, then lets one rip under it, and it was a big one. Deags is laughing like a maniac while VulGar just watches, holding his nose. Floof is screaming and clawing at the blanket for fresh air while begging for the torture to stop. As this happens Katsuki walks in and the smell hits him like a freight train.

Katsuki: What up Extras I'm ba...gah *gags*
VulGar: Ayooo what's up GZ
Katsuki: What in the fuck is that smell!!!!??? Did something die and shit itself in the process???
VulGar: Floof ate Deags' Oreos again...
Katsuki: Oh. Well that's her fuckin pedo
Deags: *still laughing* Literally
VulGar: Alright Deags that's enough, she learned her lesson.
Deags: I hope not, this was fun. *let's her out of the blanket*
Floof: *deep inhale* AHHHH FRESH AIR!!!
Katsuki: Floof, did you shave your eyebrows?
Floof: *runs away screaming* Nooooo!!!!
Deags: So anyways kid, share with the class.
VulGar: Oh yeah How'd it come out?
Katsuki: Take a look * shows them the purple guitar tattoo on his forearm*
VulGar: AYYO! that's awesome
Deags: That's shit's hard dude and it goes with the drumsticks on your other arm, did you just get that too?
Katsuki: I had extra cash, sue me.

The trio then sit back on the couch and watch some tv. VulGar is drinking a Dew voltage with some shots of tequila on the side, Katsuki is drinking a few Beers with hot sauce for an extra kick and Deags is eating Oreos and white Russians. Floof walking back in with sharpied on eyebrows while none of the guys try to make a comment on it. Of course Deags snickers a bit causing Floof to sit next to him and grab some Oreos and pours herself a glass of milk. Deags let's her have some as he feels a tiny bit bad for her eyebrows even though it was her fault. Katsuki gets up to get another drink when floof spots his new tattoos.

Floof: WOAH those drumsticks are dope!
Katsuki: Thanks Floof
Floof: What's the other one? *looks at his arm*
Katsuki: Oh nothing special *trying to hide it*
Floof: Is that a purple guitar? What's up with you and instruments all of a sudden?
Katsuki: I like Rock music
Floof: Nah this is something else *thinking*
VulGar: Floof, don't pry
Deags: Dude chill, what's the worst that could happen?
Floof: You know, now that I think of it.... You go out and buy a purple acoustic guitar, teach yourself how to play it, and now you get a purple guitar tattoo? Something is up
Katsuki: Drop it Floof
Deags: *smirking* Maybe he has a secret girlfriend.
Katsuki: Guys I'm serious, knock it off
Floof: This guy? A girlfriend? With a temper like that, he'd end up blowing her up! *begins to laugh*
Katsuki: *clenches his fist*
VulGar: *takes notice*
Deags: She'd call him short fuse for more than one reason! *now howling with laughter*
Floof: Oh God she'd get burned so bad *laughing just as hard as Deags*
VulGar: *Folds his arms and remains silent*
Katsuki: SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!
Deags: *immediately stops laughing*
Floof: *still laughing* Come on dude, take a joke. It's harmless Fu-
Katsuki: *enraged* NO! THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM FLOOF!!! EVERYTHING IS A FUCKING JOKE TO YOU!! I'VE LET IT SLIDE BEFORE BUT THIS SHIT HAS GONE TOO FAR!!!
Floof: *now realizing he's serious* GZ I'm sorry...
Katsuki: NO, SAVE IT.. YOU DON'T GET TO JOKE ABOUT SHIT LIKE THAT!!! SURE I'VE BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT A YEAR BUT YOU DONT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ME TO TALK ABOUT MY LIFE LIKE THAT!!
Deags: Buddy she's sorry..
Katsuki: NO, THAT'S HER PROBLEM!! LOOK FLOOF YOU MAY BE OLDER THAN ME BUT YOU STILL HAVE THE MENTALITY AND MATURITY OF A FUCKING CHILD!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE SHIT I'VE BEEN THROUGH!!!*storms off to his room*
VulGar: And THAT, is the "worst that can happen"
Deags: Yikes, Floof you okay?
Floof: I think I may have touched a nerve
VulGar: No Shit

Katsuki is now in his room sitting on his bed. His eyes filled with tears from pent up rage and sadness, he looks over at the guitar sitting in the corner. He had managed to push all the memories from his past to the back of his mind but with what had just happened with Floof.... They came flooding back and the most vivid image he sees is the unconscious body of Jiro. Since his arrival in the States, he has been working on a healthier method of releasing his emotions which came in the form of playing the guitar. He walks to the guitar, picks it up and sits back down on his bed and starts to play from the heart....
(song: Here Without you by 3 doors down)

Katsuki: *strumming the guitar*
Katsuki: A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles that separate
They disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face *eyes closed fighting the tears*

Katsuki: I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, it's only you and me

*from the living room*
Deags: Hey you guys hear that?
VulGar: It's coming from the kid's room.
Floof: Let's go!
*now standing outsides Katsuki's door*

Katsuki: The miles just keep rolling
As the people leave their way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, girl, it's only you and me

Floof: Wow he actually sounds amazing
Deags: I knowwwww, I wonder who he's talking about though
VulGar: If both of you would shut up, we might find out.

Katsuki: Everything I know, and anywhere I go
It gets hard, but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done
It gets hard, but it won't take away my love, woooooaaaahhh

Deags: *watery eyes*
Floof: *sniffling*
VulGar: *tears* Keep going kid, let it out *silently*

Katsuki: I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, girl, it's only you and meeee yeah oh yeah ohhhhhh ohhhh
*memories of Jiro flash through his head as the song ends*

Katsuki: *looks down* I promise Ears... I'll make it right.... I miss you so much...

Katsuki gets up from his bed and walks over to the corner where he sets the guitar down in its stand. Walking to the mirror in his room he takes a glance at the person he has become, wiping the tears from his eyes he makes his way over to the door. Upon opening the door he's met with the sight of VulGar, Deags and Floof holding each other on the floor and sobbing. He clears his throat to get their attention which works and they all stand up and group hug Katsuki. He gently pushed them off and walked towards the living room while giving them a "follow me" motion. Katsuki sits on the couch and the three do so as well and Katsuki breaks the silence.

Katsuki: Floof.... I'm sorry for snapping at you like that...
Floof: *sniffling* It's okay dude, it was my fault...
Katsuki: No it was mine, you couldn't have known that was a touchy subject and that's on me. But if you guys really want to know I'll tell you a bit about my past and how I ended up here.
Deags: Are you sure man? I can tell that's a heavy load
VulGar: Yeah bro we don't want to make you feel obligated to explain your life to us.
Katsuki: It's alright, this needs to be said. We are a team and you've done nothing but open yourselves up to me and I think it's only fair I finally do the same.
Floof: Please, Go on...
Katsuki: Well, for starters I'm actually from Japan, I had a different kind of life out there, I grew up being trained to be a hero on a daily basis, I inadvertently caused the death of the slave driver known as my mother, I was adopted by my best friend's mom, we both met these two girls, had a blast at knot fest, found out my quirkless best friend had a dormant quirk all along, but something happened along the way that led me to where I am today...

Katsuki goes on to tell the trio his life story, everything from meeting izuku, finding out his quirk, to middle school bullies, and training with izuku. Right as he goes to bring up the part where he and Izuku saved the girls and later met them at the beach, a loud explosion shook the ground and rattled their windows. The 4 get up and look towards the harbor where they see the very well known ship, The Queen Mary, up in flames and halfway under water. The 4 stand in shock before VulGar breaks the silence by yelling to Deags and Katsuki/Ground Zero.

VulGar: Shit! That looks like trouble, Deags! GZ! Load up, we gotta go!
Deags/Ground Zero: Copy!
VulGar: Floof, I need you to stay here, call the commissioner and let him know we're gonna check that out
Floof: Yes sir
Deags: *Comes back geared up and Turns his hat backwards* Cocked, locked, and loaded
Ground Zero: *in his new gear* Armed and ready for detonation.
VulGar: *slides his sword onto its holder on his back* Let's move!

The vigilante trio bolt out of the house and towards the destruction, hoping to find out what exactly caused it and how bad it really is. When they arrived at the scene, it looked like something right out of a Micheal bay movie. There were fires everywhere, demolished vehicles, a few mutilated bodies and the sad sight of the once great tourist spot, The Queen Mary, now halfway underwater and on fire. Once they arrived, Deags cartoonishly pulled out a violin and started playing the song from the movie "Titanic" the act caused Ground Zero to face palm and VulGar to slap the back of his head. All three decided to split up to search for any of the hotel workers or civilians in the immediate area. After 20 minutes they managed to clear the area of any innocent bystanders but before they could celebrate their accomplishment, something forced them to clutch their ears in pain.

????: *eardrum rupturing ungodly screech*

(Over comms)
VulGar: JESUS FUCK!!!
Deags: WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?!?
Ground Zero: *turns and sees the source of that sound* No God damn Way...
VulGar: KID!?! You got something?
Ground Zero: Yeah.... I got Something...*looking away*
Deags: WELL SPIT IT OUT FUCKER! WHAT IS IT?
Ground Zero: We're gonna Need some serious firepower to kill this thing...

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

95.9K 2.8K 13
โœงห–*ยฐเฟ the boys escaped and kidnapped you while you were on vacation with your boyfriend and family at the farm. โžฉ โžช โžซ โžฌ โžญ โžฎ โžฏ โžฑ lowercase is intended...
48.6K 946 20
Ryuko Matoi is traumatized by the events that occurred during her last day with Senketsu. All of the information is too much to take in for a single...
2.3K 152 20
๐—ง๐—ผ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐˜„๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜. ๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ป...
1.1M 38.1K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...