Amazing Grace

By thatchristiangirlx

★ ★ ★#1 Spirituality 16/02/2022 #1 Yahweh 22/02/2022 #1 Non Believer 5/03/2022 #1 Christian Romance 7/03/2022... More

Author Note
Dedication
Chapter 1 [Lost and scared]
Chapter 2 [New church coming to town]
Chapter 3 [Working in the line of Fire]
Chapter 4 [You will never be him]
Chapter 5 [How i met your mother]
Chapter 6 [Co worker from Hell]
Chapter 7 [No fear in perfect Love]
Chapter 8 [Eleazar]
Chapter 9 [Just like your father]
Chapter 10 [The name of the Lord is a strong tower...]
Chapter 11 [Protected by the most high]
Chapter 12 [ 3 strikes, your out!]
Chapter 13 [New beginnings]
Chapter 14 [The 3 commandments]
Chapter 15 [ Let me in!]
Chapter 16 [Temple of Grace Church]
Chapter 17 [Religious trauma]
Chapter 18 [Angels.]
Chapter 19 [Heres the deal...]
Chapter 20 [Thus says the lord]
Chapter 21 [Lunch time confessions]
Chapter 22 [I am not ashamed of the Gospel]
Chapter 23 [ Pastor says...]
Chapter 24 [Forgive thy neighbour]
Chapter 25 [Tell the truth]
Chapter 26 [Lessons]
Author note!
Chapter 27 [Driving me wild]
Chapter 28 [The Garden of Eden]
Chapter 29 [The storm shall pass]
Chapter 30 [Just friends]
Chapter 31 [For she's not a jolly Good Fellow..]
Chapter 32 [Ace of Spades]
Chapter 34 [Sow the seed]
Chapter 35 [ Snatch them out of the Fire]
Chapter 36 [Born Again]
Chapter 37 [My brothers Keeper]
Chapter 38 [I love you Aaliyah Johnson]
Chapter 39 [Where is he?!]
Chapter 40 (Final Chapter) [Like a thief in the night]
Author Note
How sweet the sound..
!DISCLAIMER PLEASE READ IN FULL!

Chapter 33 [the morning after ]

1.4K 153 35
By thatchristiangirlx

Matthew 19:14

"But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

Aaliyah

The sun is my alarm clock and wakes me up. My face is slapped with a smile so big, kind of surprising after yesterday and the whole my friends neglecting me and stuff, but my mind isnt set on anything but Maleek... or should i say my new boyfriend. Wait my new boyfriend? Its all just settling in now.. im dating.. my boss?

I hope this wont interfere with work. Oh my- WORK! i didnt even think about how this would affect work, if i make it to the top and people find out im dating my boss, they are going to think he's the only reason im there.I take a deep breath out and lift myself out of my bed.

"Okay just calm down Aaliyah, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.. You can do this."

"You finally awake?" My heart dropped to my stomach as i heard a deep muffled voice coming from my bed. I quickly looked all around the room, I'm kind of scared right now, I'm not gonna lie... Then i looked under my pillow and see Maleek's face smiling at me on facetime. He had a coffee in his hand and i could see he was in some type of apartment.

"You scared the life out of me.."

"You forgot that we were on FaceTime?"

"Yes... im not gonna lie i really did.." Then it all comes flowing back to me, after the party was over, he dropped me home and even then we couldnt stop talking, I gave him my number and we stayed on Facaetime until we fell asleep. One thing i learned is that he wakes up super early..

"You snore when you sleep you know that?"

"Your supposed to say its cute."

"Commandment number 9 , Do not lie" I stick out my tongue at him and he gives me a grin..

"look aaliyah, yesterday was full of emotions and crappy mocktails, but if you dont want to be with me, if you arent ready.. just let me know." I got up and went to the bathroom, i took out my brush and brushed my teeth.

"First of all those mocktails were amazing, second of all.. i  thought of the whole thing and... im okay with it all, if anything im excited." I say while spitting the toothpaste out. I can hear a relieving breath come out of his mouth

"Why are you up so early?" I asked him while getting the shower ready and my clothes for today.

"This thing called work." He said sarcastically...

"Gym doesn't open for another hour, whats keeping you up."

"Okay, i dont want to be pushy, but i need to make sure that you aren't neglecting your relationship with God while you are in this relationship with me. For this to really work, God needs to be Number one on Both sides... Can you honestly say you love God more than you love me?" With Austin it was always the other way around... Men can never be satisfied but this was definitely food for thought.

"So now that we have an hour before we have to get to work, im thinking that we do some bible study?" This is actually an amazing idea.

"I need to quickly take a shower and get myself together, give me 30 minutes and i will call you back." I cut the call and get into the shower, excited for the day...

*

"So Matthew is the first of the new testament books, the first book of the 4 gospels.."

"What does Matthew talk about? Like what is the context of it."

"Matthew's purpose is to tell us about the birth of Jesus Christ and to show us that he is the messiah and the son of God. It goes through all the miracles he has done throughout his lifetime and how each event led to his crucifixion"

"Hey! thanks a lot for the spoiler." I say playfully. He puts his head to the side playfully

"Focus, woman" He says and i look straight back down to my notes..

"Sorry, Jesus's birth, miracles and crucifixion... so its like a timeline of his life?"

"Yes but the most important part of it all, is his resurrection. How he rose from the dead, its important to remember that our God isn't a dead God, but rather he is risen and alive, but we will get to that-."

"Slow down!" I beg him as i look down to my notepad and bible, trying to keep this all in my memory, these notes are really working, especially colour coding it all.

"and you see thats why baptism is very important." We are just after reading Matthew 28 and it made my heart drop. "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." It made me realize how much i need to get baptised, and soon! "Dont worry about it, i can see how scared you get when the bible talks about things like this, they do baptism's at the church every 2 weeks, the next one is coming up this Sunday... we can do it then, if you are ready."

This man just gives me the most relief. I highlight the part of the bible that talks about baptism. We spend the rest of the hour listening to a sermon explaining Matthew and Do some worship and prayer...

*

I can hear a bunch of rattling and shouting from upstairs... when i finally reach the office i see Maleek yelling at ace, begging him to sit down, Ace has a grip on Maleek's laptop and is demanding him to let him use his laptop for Games.

"Baby, i can explain... " Baby.... My face is so full of gleaming i don't even care about the chaos happening around me right now.

"Baby? She's a woman!" Ace yells while biting Maleek's fingers, making him let go of the laptop mumbling something under his breath and shaking his fingers off.

"Please do explain." I went into the room and sat on the chair, putting my work notes beside me. Then Ace ran up to me and smashed me with his tight hug.

"Woah there...."

"Hey, you are the girl from Bear's Garden! The girl that snores in her sleep." i can hear Maleeks snicker from Behind the desk and my face flushes with cringe as I pull him off of me and place him in the seat beside me, handing him my phone in the process to play some games.

"So... I was wondering, as fun as this whole assistant thing is, when am i going to get to get to do some real stuff? Like helping with business ideas" I was so excited to finally get the chance to get to making ideas again, the last time i got to do that was when i was in charge of a multi million dollar company. He looked at me with a familiar smile on his face.

"No." He says, teasing me.

"Why not!" I whine, quickly changing my tone after hearing how childish i sounded.

"Because he thinks you are-" Ace begins.

"Because, i said so, Aaliyah" Before Maleek cuts in,

"I need a valid reason please" He gives me an exhausted look and finally takes off his glasses, he puts his hands in a prayer position. and looks at me

"Fine. One idea, Aaliyah. Go." My whole face lights up with joy and i pull out a work notepad i kept for a while and opened up the pages that i have been holding these notes in.

"Okay... what i noticed was how the gym plays secular music, The music that plays is not only not of God but its downright blasphemous.." He looks at me with embarrassment and then nods.

"...These rappers that play, the lyrics, its just crazy... how about we play more Christian music?" He looks a bit sceptical at the idea but i am truly growing more in my faith and this is what i think needs to happen. Last Sunday at church Pastor Troy was talking about how corrupted the music industry is and it made me realize how wrong my songs are.

"You gave me a great recommendation for a christian artist the other day, why cant we play some of that?" I pout my lips at him and he gets out a notepad and starts writing down my idea. YES!

The music on the speaker turned from Drake to A mose and 'Blessings' plays. A smile plays on my face and i mouth 'Thank you' to him as he nods and hums along to the music.

*

That's right 2 Chapters, in 1 day, hope you enjoy, if you did please vote and comment

God bless :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 2.2K 53
ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴs MATURE CONTENT 0πly f0r 18+ readers. #underediting " What I am thinking is to go out for a walk " he quickly lifted me up in a...
151K 6.7K 41
"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. It...
152K 2.6K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
4K 265 33
"AREN'T YOU TALKING TOO MUCH, YOU B**CH? IS THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE SO PROUD TO BE HIS STRENGTH?" He shouted getting away from me while I looked at him...