Up All Night ➸ One Direction...

By Carefree2222

"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter... More

1 : Mobs and Such (Trailer!)
2 : Trapped
3 : Paparazzi
4 : The Paparazzi Games
5 : Laughs and Limousines
6 : "Houston, We Have a Problem"
7 : Dinner and A One Direction
8 : The Ellen Degeneres Show!
9 : Wrestling 101
10 : Back To Class
11 : Challenge Accepted
12 : The Game [1]
12 : The Game [2]
12 : The Game [3]
13 : Hide And Go Cheat
14 : Ella Strauss vs. The World
15 : Mission Impossible [s.e]
16 : We've Gathered Here Today...
17 : Candice's Corner
18 : Moments
19 : Rabid Werewolves
20 : The World's Funniest Home Twitcams
21 : Is It Me?
1D Summer Awards
22 : Tango with the Devil's Assistant
23 : Paulways In Charge
24 : Grounded
25 : We Need To Talk
Interview Questions From YOU. (Closed)
*Character Interview*
26 : Reassurance
27 : Hormones VS Kidnappings
28 : How To Seduce, Summer Evans' Edition
29 : Cruel and Unusual Punishments
30 : Tacos and Hot Bods
Book Cover & Ship Name
31 : A Taco & Some Tears
32 : In a Blink of an Eye
34 : Rewind then FastForward [h.s]
Whose Point Of View?
35 : Night Changes [n.h]
36 : Jealous
37 : Little Things
38 : Begin Again
**Interview Questions**
*Character Interview (2)*
39 : Cleavage [h.s]
40 : Picture Perfect [s.e]
41 : Stone Cold
42 : Hands of Love
43 : Yours
44 : Up All Night

33 : The Reality of Things

131K 1K 142
By Carefree2222

The previous chapter reached an all time high of votes, woot woot! Can we beat it? ;D Hit that vote button, my loves. DON'T BE A SILENT READER, LOL. Want a dedication? Scream. Very loudly. By that I mean stand out. 

For those of you who forgot who Lauren is, she's the girl Harry has to pretend to date because ugly managment said so. Saw 432342o3i4 comments in the previous chapter that said "i'm confused. Who dis Lauren female?" She's the oompa loompa from chapter whatever lol. I don't remember.

Thank you for 3 million reads, 5000 fans, 16000+ votes.

Stay - Rihanna ft Mikky Ekko

Photo of Summer and Niall (Sumiall) created by me x)

Chapter 33 :

         The Reality of Things

My entire world slowed. When everything felt like it was perfect, I came to the realization that it actually wasn't. In a blink of an eye or the snap of a finger, my entire world came crumbling down. It now felt like I've reached my lowest point. A knot began to form in my throat and I wanted to cry out in frustration and let the tears flow. But I couldn't. Having a break down in front of the paparazzi isn't exactly a good idea...

It seems like the day Harry gets to call me his and I get to call him mine, will never come. We've gotten ourselves into a forbidden relationship almost and it honestly sucks. The movies and books make it seem like the perfect, ideal plan, but it's not. Finding the person you want to be with more than anything in the world is amazing. Finding out you can't be with them is heart wrenching.

Just last night, Harry and I snuggled close together like we had no worries and everything was perfect. That's all that I've ever wanted - a simple, yet beautiful relationship. Instead of being here right now, I wanted to travel back in time and re-live the moment we shared together last night. To feel his warm body against mine and to feel his gentle, soft hand caress my arm once more.

Every intimate moment I've had with him seems like nothing but a dream that's been wiped out and now replaced by a nightmare - paparazzi. My hatred for them grew ten-fold under five minutes. Who gives them permission to intrude on peoples' lives? I don't know how the boys, or any other celebrity, can handle these pigs. A good story that sells, that's all they desire. Have they ever thought about how a person might feel as they print out personal information about their lives?

The sadness and frustration I previously felt, was replaced by anger. I gripped the railings tightly and gave them a blank stare as each of them placed a camera to their face and snapped away. They did it as if their lives depended on it and that only. It was sickening. As a child, I always wondered what was so bad about the paparazzi. You truly don't understand until they are up in your face with a camera lens, taking every single ounce of your privacy away. As you become well known, it's like that right is snatched away by a group of people that want a paycheck and will get it by selling your personal information to the world.

Not a single poop will be given by them if it ruins your life. No remorse, no empathy, nothing.

My tense body slightly eased as I felt a light hand touch my back. The grip I had on the railings loosened and I turned around to look in the eyes of my best friend. She gave me a warm, sympathetic smile and mouthed the words, "are you okay?" I nodded slowly, giving her a reassuring smile.

A silly question, really. I wasn't okay, but I didn't exactly want to tell her that. You really can't truly understand until you're in the same situation.

Niall stood beside her. He peered down at Summer and the second she looked into his eyes, a smile tugged at his lips. "Let's give them something to talk about so they can leave us alone," he said aloud, not letting his eyes leave hers.

Summer wrinkled her brows as everyone tuned in. "We have nothing to give them."

He smirked, cupping her face into his hands. "Oh but we do, my princess!" Niall shouted in excitement. Without further hesitation, he closed any and all space between their lips. In that moment, everything was clear to me. This was Niall's way of making everything official for them. Despite my current situation with Harry, I smiled for the two of them and stepped out of the way for the paparazzi to get a good picture.

When I realized there was a spark between Niall and Summer, I knew things would work out. They were, in some ways, alike and completed each other. No matter their situation, they planted a smile on their cute faces and managed to make people smile as well. Niall even called her his princess, things can't get any better than that!

By tomorrow, I expect the photos to be on every single website and newspaper known to man. If the paparazzi are good at anything, it's getting a story out. Well, that and the ability to ruin people's lives, of course.

I glanced around to take a look at everyone's faces. My eyes landed on Harry and didn't leave him once I caught him staring at me. I wanted everything to be okay between me and Harry like it is for Niall and Summer, but it isn't. I'll just have to accept that, that is the reality of things. Looking into his eyes now was just too painful. His green orbs that once sparkled looked dull and filled with so many emotions, none that I could depict. Seeing Harry upset is something I'll like to avoid at all cost.  I quickly looked away from him.

I excused myself and quickly fled to my bedroom, closing the door shut behind me. There was only one person that I was willing to talk to, one person that can help in this situation and that person was my mother. She knows me better than I know myself, better than Summer knows me. The times when I needed her, she'd given me the right words of encouragement and for that, I loved her dearly. 

I pulled my phone out and dialed her number. It rang six times before going to her voice mail. At that point, I was frustrated and quickly ended the call before tossing my phone on the bed.

I felt defeated, hopeless, and alone. Worst part was knowing not a single thing can be done to help. Everyone that didn't want Harry and I to be together won - fans and management. Did I really think dating Harry would be easy? No, but I didn't think it'd be this hard either. He's in the biggest boy band in the world, of course there'd be some complications. Did Eleanor, Perrie, and Danielle have them? Will Summer?

A light knock filled my ears, making my eyes land on the door. I wanted to tell who ever was behind the door that I wanted to be alone, but the chance that it could be Harry made my heart pound. If it is him, what would I say? Better yet, what would he?

"Who is it?" I heard myself ask.

"Mind if I come in?" Josh poked his head inside.

"Technically, you're already in."

He chuckled, making his way into the room after shutting the door close after him. Silence fell between us and I watched him as he made himself comfortable on the bed across from mine. Following his movements, I sat down on my bed.

"Well, um, I just wanted to check up on you and see if you're alright. I could tell how sad you were when you left. I'm sure everyone could," he said, shooting me a warm smile.

I shrugged, "I'm fine."

His eyes never left mine. "Did you ever wonder who brought me along on this trip?"

I was confused as to what this had to do with anything. "I assumed all the boys since you're their ... drummer? Is that correct?"

He nodded his head in response to my question. "Correct, but one person specifically asked me to join and that was Harry."

My heart leaped at the sound of his name.

"He asked me to because he knew the paparazzi would ruin things and tension would grow between you guys. That's when I'm supposed to step in. Well, me and the rest of the lads of course, but mainly me," he smiled, "Harry cares about you a lot. He doesn't want anything ruining this trip for you, not even him. Things may seem tough now, Ella, but they will get better. If two people were made to be together, they will find a way."

The knot once again returned and my eyes began to blur from the tears that threatened to fall. "What if that's just it? What if Harry and I aren't meant to be?"

Josh's face saddened. "Ella, you two are meant to be, everyone sees that. You have made Harry the happiest lad in the world. He's never looked at another girl the way he looks at you. I mean that. Relationships go through hard times, but the strongest couples make it through them all. Don't let the paparazzi ruin the beautiful thing between you and Harry. Keep fighting and at some point, things will fall together."

Using the collar of my shirt, I wiped my tear stained cheeks.  

I have never been given a speech like this in my life and oddly enough, it created a small bit of hope.  But that doesn't make the problem disappear. It was still there and kept me and Harry apart. "What about management?"

"Harry will one day say screw them and management will have to get over it," his small smile returned. "Management will realize Hella is real."

My brows wrinkled in confusion. "Hella?"

His smile widened. "The fandom created a ship name for both you and Harry ages ago! I'm shocked none of you never noticed."

"Wait, what?!" My heart beat picked up.

"Hella is a combination of both Harry and Ella. It was created when fans noticed the chemistry between you two. I'm guessing you haven't been on Twitter? It has trended countless of times world-wide. Oh, and Sumiall!"

I was baffled. "Sumiall?!"

"Haven't you been listening?!" He shouted, laughing. "Sumiall is Niall and Summer's ship name."

Hella was... hella strange, but if it was created by the fans, I'll accept it. In a way, it was cute. The fans created it because they knew about me and Harry? I don't even know what to say about that.

Sumiall was perfect for Summer and Niall. Sounds like smile, something they always do. It fit them well.

"How are you feeling now?" Josh asked.

I cracked a small smile. "I'll be fine. Thank you."

What the next step would be was my main question. We still had a day left of this cruise, more or less, and I didn't know what to do. Again, Harry and I have hit a boulder. Do we continue on with everything like this problem isn't here?

Thing is, I can't. I'm afraid my feelings for Harry will grow stronger as time goes by and I'll constantly get  reminded every now and then that I can't exactly be with Harry. While I'm couped up in my room thinking about him, he'll be out with Lauren pretending to be so in love with her. That hurts more than anything. 

If we can't be together, why do I continue to try?

The door flew open, causing me to knock my thoughts aside.  In came Louis with his game face on. He stopped in the middle of the room to take a glance at us both, his lips pressed in a thin line and his eyes narrowed.

It creeped me out.

"Grab 'em!" Louis commanded.

Zayn and Liam marched into the room. Zayn headed in my direction and grabbed my arm, gently tugging me off my bed.

"What's going on?" I asked, glancing behind at Josh getting dragged by Liam. Louis followed closely behind us, his facial expression unchanging.

"If I knew, I'd tell you," Josh said.

Nothing more was said as they led us to the pool area where everyone was, aside from Niall. Each of them held a water gun and formed a line. Zayn stopped me in front of Summer. She smiled at me.

"Hand them their weapons!" Louis yelled.

The water gun Summer held was placed in my hand. She reached down onto the floor and grabbed another.

"What's this about?" I wondered.

"Silence!" Louis ordered.

I jumped slightly. "You're gonna stop yelling at me, Tomlinson!"

Everyone sucked in their breaths like I commited a huge federal crime. All eyes landed on me as Louis gave me a sharp, angry look. I gulped loudly and looked away from his deadly glare.

He takes his roles seriously, obviously.

Louis looked away from me and marched around. "Each of you will be paired up. Once I call out your partner, I don't want to hear any whining. We are all adults here! Summer and Ella. Lauren and Zayn-"

"You're joking!" Zayn shouted, interrupting.

Louis shot him the same look he gave me. Taking the gun in his hand, he aimed it at Zayn and pulled the trigger. Water sprayed him directly in the face.

"I think he's pretty serious, lad," Liam mumbled.

Zayn groaned and wiped his face, clutching the gun in his hand. For a second, I wanted him to shoot Louis back, but I was afraid of the scene it would cause. 

By that  I mean Zayn's gruesome death.

I'm only kidding. 

"Continuing on! Zayn and Lauren. Liam and Josh. Harold and myself. Then there's Niall. The rules are simple, you get shot, you die. Any questions?"

Silence fell.

"Let's get this-"

"I found the stash!" Niall exclaimed, making his way over to us. My jaw fell as my eyes landed on the crate full of alcohol he carried with him.

Harry was the first one over to pop a bottle. I was worried this game would result in some people getting waisted or something of that sort.

I don't plan on cleaning up any puke.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Okay, so this is like the ... climax... I guess. I don't know. Well, the next chapter is... I think, I still don't know. WHATEVER. JUST KNOW things get worse... mwahaha...

Yes, took me awhile to upload. I suck. I really hoped you enjoy that chapter. Was writing for an hour and some minutes last night. DIDN'T SAVE. That's when my computer was all like "HAHAHA I'M GONNA CRASH ON YOU. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, BYE." Then it rebooted and poof, an hour of work gone. I was REALLY mad. My face got hot and just ugh.

Thanks for everythingggg, I've said that a million times and I won't stop saying it. There's a few chapters left. Like, idk 5? Somewhere around there. We'll wait and see. That was just an estimate I made out of nowhere.

Few days ago I sobbed because Harry Styles. He's so shweet, it hurts my heart

Okay, byeee-uh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
1.9K 308 25
"Well, I never thought pushing some random people off the road would turn out to be one direction.", Miley stated. We finished the song staring into...
73.9K 520 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
3.7K 53 27
I watched as the love of my life ran out of the door with tears streaming down her face. There was hurt laced in all of her precious features.It hur...