Alpha Adryan (Romano Series #...

skiesheaven รกltal

"๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€" - ๐—๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ. ... Tรถbb

Copyright
Author's Note
Cast
Aesthetics
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
fourty five
fourty six
fourty seven

thirty one

1.8K 75 5
skiesheaven รกltal

Jade stares in awe at the rows and rows of shelves stacked with books in a chronological order, she was surrounded by books which made her feel giddy. One of the things she enjoyed doing after gaining her eyesight was reading. So she was awestruck the moment she entered the massive library and found a collection of numerous books.

"Wow" her eyes still glued onto the books in awe, she hears someone chuckle from beside her, causing her to turn and spot a very amused Joan.

"Sorry," she says with embarrassment, she had completely forgotten about Joan's existence for quite a while there.

"It's okay, dear, you don't have to be sorry about anything. It's refreshing to see that you share the same love for books, just like Adryan." her last sentence manages to catch Jade's attention immediately.

"You mean he loves reading?" Jade asks with curiosity.

"Of course!" Joan exclaims, and with a tiny smirk stretching her lips she continues, "Who do you think this library belongs to?" Jade looks at the library with a dumbstruck look.

"This-this library belongs to him?" Jade asks with shock.

"Yes. In fact, all the books were collected by him after all, this is his personal library. There is another library for the pack members to use." Joan says looking around the library as well.

"Wait," Jade says after taking in the information, "Are we even allowed to be here?" she turns to stare at Joan, who immediately turns her face away, but Jade was quick to notice her guilty emotion before she turned.

"Joan?" she calls, "We aren't allowed in here, are we?" Jade asks knowingly.

"No" she replies, turning back to face Jade. "But I'm sure Adryan wouldn't mind us being here."

"Why wouldn't he?" Jade asks, now walking through an aisle, running her fingers through the spines of different books. Letting her feel the hard leather. It might have cost him a lot.

"Well, since you're his mate, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. After all, mates are supposed to share things, so technically speaking, this is also your library." Joan argues.

"Sure" Jade rolls her eyes playfully, her fingers stop when she spots a particular book, taking it out from between the books, she looks at its cover. The cover held the image of a full moon, with a huge figure, what appeared like a Lycan with its head raised upwards in a howl. It was a book on Lycanthropy, covering almost all topics related to Lycans, their origin, purpose, and mates, everything was shown in the content section. Jade decided to take the book.

"Ahh," a voice drawls from behind her, causing her to snap the book shut, "No need to hide, I already saw it," Joan says, now moving along in another direction, searching for something.

"You didn't tell me about your vision," Jade says, suddenly remembering about the reason behind Joan bringing Jade with her to the library in the first place.

"I can't" she replies, still scouring through a particular shelf.

"What? Why not?" Jade now walks to where Joan stood, Jade was able to see the wooden plaque above the shelf stating the genre of books 'Werewolf History & Ancestry'.

"Aren't seers supposed to be educated about werewolf history?" Jade questions, Jade knew a bit about the seers since her mother had made it sure to teach her ever since they'd found out that she was a hybrid. Sadly, Jade's Grandma passed away when she was six, so she doesn't remember her clearly, her memories were hazy. She remembered her warm smile, and emerald green eyes full of life, which Jade had inherited. According to her parents, her grandma was a witch and was mated to an Alpha, which was unusual, Her mom was their only child, sadly she passed up on the witch genes from her mom's side, but it came across as a surprise to her parents when they found out Jade had managed to acquire it, thus leading her to be the first hybrid in quite a few centuries.

"Yes, We are," Joan says, bringing Jade back from her trail of memories, she now held a thick book in her hands.

"Why can't you tell me about your vision?" Jade brings back the earlier conversation.

"I believe that giving away my vision before it takes course is a bad omen, I can give you vague hints but nothing more."

"Was I included in your vision?"

"Yes, and others," Joan says, now skimming through the book.

"Others?" Jade questions.

"I told you I can't give away any detailed information." Joan looks up from the book, to stare at Jade, her voice serious.

"Okay" Jade nods her head in understanding, "then where is my hint?"

"Here" Joan pushes the book she was holding onto Jade's hands, in which she was already carrying the book she found earlier. "This is your hint."

"Wait-what?" Jade stares at the book's title. 'Werewolf Mythology: The love story of Lycaon and Lydia'.

"You mean Lycaon, the God of Werewolves and Lydia the Noble one? Why would a mythical story be the hint for your vision, besides their supposed love story is just a myth."

"You will have to read their story to understand it. My vision included similar situations mentioned in their story. Maybe it's a mythical story which was supposed to happen in the future?" Joan questions.

"You mean someone was predicting the future with this myth of a story?" Jade couldn't come to terms with the fact that Joan would believe in such absurd things.

Lycaon, one among the three Lycans namely Lycus, Lycaon and Lyall, is said to be created by the Moon Goddess herself. All were said to be mighty and equally strong in terms of power. Over the course of time, he had become more greedy for power he wanted to be more powerful than Lycus and Lyall, which led to the mass destruction of various kingdoms. Learning about the existence of witches and their powers Lycaon attacked a human village where witches had been in the hiding for years, he had kidnapped a young witch in practice, Lydia also known as the noble one, Lydia though gentle and kind, but she didn't bend to Lycaon's will, over time both grew strong feelings for each other, Lycaon had discarded his earlier plans to attain more power but the people, of whose kingdoms and loved ones he had killed didn't in a quest for revenge they had marched to Lycaon's Palace in his absence, they had lit the whole palace on fire, killing off Lydia in the process.

Lycaon was devasted to when he came to know about it, he had to learn it the hard way that avarice wasn't the most important thing in life, but love was. It's said that a few years later, Lycaon had killed himself, as his longing for Lydia was boundless.

"You should leave now," Joan says, her face now turned to the side, her gaze fixed outside the window present inside the library, the clouds were clustering up to form a thick blanket of darkness, it seemed like it was about to rain.

"Why-" before Jade could finish her question, Joan interrupts her.

"Go. Now." Joan stresses the words out.

"Okay, okay. I'm going" Jade leaves the library, bringing along the two books with her

-

The moment she stepped foot outside the pack house, the scene before her alarmed her as she stared with confusion, pack members were running around in panic, a complete contrast to the environment inside the pack house. It was chaotic. Jade finally spots Violet amidst the disarray, she immediately approaches her.

"Violet" Jade had to scream her name for Violet to hear her as the panic ensued.

"Oh, Jade. I've been looking for you" Violets lets out a heavy breath, her hands holding Jade's

"Why? What happened?"

"You need to go to the house and lock yourself inside until everything is over" Violet panics, looking around cautiously.

"You need to go Jade" Violet's voice is now even more frenzied.

"Where is Adonis?" Jade asks immediately, panicking herself.

"The nursery is under lockdown, he will be safe" Violet tries to console her, she tries to usher Jade towards the direction of the house, but Jade resists.

"Would you tell me what is happening, why is everyone acting so panicky?" Jade asks, her eyes looking around.

Violet looks at her in turmoil, contemplating if she should tell her or not.

"What is it, Violet?" Jade insists on knowing.

"I-" Violet looks around to be sure that no one was listening and leans in to whisper, "they captured a rogue near the southern borders a few minutes ago, but it's putting up a tough fight, so Adryan had ordered the whole pack to be put in emergency lockdown.

Jade immediate tries to leave, but Violet stops her, "Woah, Where are you going?"

"To help them" Violet's face immediately loses its colour upon hearing that.

"Are you crazy?" Violet hyperventilates, "Adryan will kill me" walking back and forth with hysteria.

"I will make sure he won't do such a thing" Jade places a comforting hand on her shoulder, stopping Violet's movements.

"Just take these to the house, so that he might think that I went to the house with you since the books are covered in my scent now, he would think that I left the house after you escorted me upon his instruction," Jade explains to Violet, Violet stares at the books and then back to Jade.

"Fine. God save me" Violet relents.

"Perfect" Jade says in accomplishment as she starts to retreat.

"Be careful" Violet shouts and that's the last thing Jade hears before she runs as fast as she could towards the direction of the southern borders.

▪️

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Vote, comment, and share.

-Naomi

Olvasรกs folytatรกsa

You'll Also Like

73.6K 3K 61
(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to me. If I ever meet him, he is sure to r...
790K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
453K 10.4K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
324K 8.6K 61
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...