I'm A Loser

Od ADayIntheLife19

1958. Liverpool. Molly is the eighteen year old girl next door. A writer. A free spirit. A girl with dreams... Viac

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Authors Note/Happy New Year!
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Final Chapter.

Chapter 12.

1.1K 42 3
Od ADayIntheLife19

"Dad what...what are you doing here?" I asked, walking over. I looked around, noticing Tiffany wasn't here yet.

"There she is. I thought maybe you ran away from me or disappeared."

I sighed and walked around back to the counter, putting my name tag on. "I've been going through some stuff lately. I'm sorry."

He smiled and sipped his coffee. "It's alright Moll. It's just so good to see you."

I had to admit, as much as my dad and I had our differences, seeing his face again really warmed me up. I loved him. I couldn't deny that. But it was when I turned to see the woman beside him, I began to feel a little odd.

His eyes watched who I was looking at. Taking the opprotunity, he jumped in. "Oh um, this is Sarah. We met while I was off on my trip. She's a New York photographer for a fashion magazine."

"Hello." She smiled.

I just looked at her. Her short brown, bouncy hair curled at the ends. She wore a blue dress with a black coat over. Her perfume was a little strong but smooth. A smile on her pink lips. She looked nice to be honest. Had to be about in her late twenties. But I instantly thought of mom and my guard was put up like a brick wall.

"Hi." I said flatly.

"She's here in England for a few weeks and I told her she could stay with..."

I scoffed. "Dad why...why would you do this!?"

"Shhh Molly calm down."

"What is this!? You two sprouted up some kind of love affair and now you're moving her in??"

"If this is unconvenient for you...I can stay at a hotel." She said, grabbing her purse off the counter.

"Yes please do so." I said, grabbing the hot pot of coffee.

A hurt look came upon her face as she stood up, heading for the door. Dad got out of his seat and gave me a look, running to Sarah. I bit my lip and watched as he spoke to her. She nodded a few times and wiped her eyes.

"Molly, were off out. You know where we'll be." He walked over and grabbed his coat. "I'm very disappointed in you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, watching them leave. I looked down at my feet and sighed, getting onto my job.
...

Tiffany called at about nine to explain she wasn't feeling well. I agreed to take her place and split the tips.

Stuart arrived right on time, picking me up at six. We had to drive down to mine so I could change. I was a little nervous since I knew dad and Sarah were there.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked. "My dad's home but...he shouldn't give you too much trouble. Were um...kind of having a falling out. But..I promise to keep things civil." I held his hand. He nodded.

"Alright. Besides, it's right I meet your father." He smiled.

We got out of the car walked hand in hand inside. The lights were all on. The sound of the tv on in the living room made the atmosphere feel alive. I paused when I saw Sarah sitting with dad, drinking tea. The two smiling and talking. They looked up at me in silence. Stu and I just standing together.

"Molly. It's good to see you in at a resonable time." Dad looked at me, then at Stu. I went on.

"Dad this is Stuart. Stu...my dad." I pointed.

"Hello sir." Stu said strongly. Not a nervous itch in him. Dad stood up and walked over.

"Hello young man. So, what's the deal?"

I looked at them as they shook hands. "Dad, Stuart is um...well.."

"We met at a party a few day's ago. We got on and..I asked her to be my girl." Stu said, holding my hand. I blushed and smiled up at him.

"I see. It's nice to finally meet one of your boyfriends." Dad tucked his hands into his pockets.

"We were going out on a date. I just came to change." I said, glancing at Sarah.

Dad nodded and stepped aside. "Home at a reasonable time?"

"Of course sir. Eleven alright?" Stu asked.

"Yeah. Eleven is just fine."

I held Stu's hand as we made our way to the stairs. Dad cleared his throat. "I think it's proper the young gentlemen stay down 'ere?"

I rolled my eyes and let go of Stu's hand, kissing his cheek and whispering in my ear. "I'll make it quick."

He nodded. I gave dad an embarassed glare. He just smiled as I disappeared up to my room.
I hurriedly changed into something decent, remembering Stu's words before, I barely put any makeup on. I put some purfume on and ran downstairs, slowing down when I heard voices.

"....you've been a photographer for how many years?"

"Just five. I studied photography in New York. The art scene is great there. Greenwich Village is where I'd recommend for the artsy type."

"I've always fancied photography. It's beautiful how some like yourself can make lighting and nature your mediums."

"Just a little practice is all. You just have to get the angle just right."

I continued walking downstairs and into the living room. Stuart, dad and Sarah sitting around, talking. I bit my lip and grabbed my purse.

"I'm ready." I put on a fake smile.

"You're look beautiful." Stu stood up, walking over to me. I held his hand.

"Thank you."

"You really do look beautiful Molly." Sarah smiled sweetly. I nodded and looked down at my feet.

"We should get going." I said quietly. Dad nodded.

"I'll see you later Molly. Have fun you two."

"Bye dad." I waved as we headed outside to the car. I sighed in relief to be away from the tension. Stu opened my door for me, making me blush as I got inside. We sat in silence until he spoke.

"She seems nice. Why don't you try?"

"It's not that easy. I want to I....I feel like I'm turning my back on mom." I looked down at my hands. He slowly reached over and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Hey. Slow steps then?"

I nodded and looked at him. "Let's just get out of here."

He nodded and started up the car, driving us off to the cinema.
...
Stuart was something else. He was always in his own little world. Thinking. Observing. Critiquing.

We sat together in the back of the empty room, staring at the large screen. His arm around me as I leaned my head on his chest, resting my feet on the seat ahead of us. I muched on the small box of popcorn. An hour into the film I looked up at him. His eyes fixated on the screen. I knew his mind was somewhere else.

I sat up and leaned over, kissing his cheek. This brought him back to me. He smiled as I stroked his cheek.

"So serious Sutcliffe."

He looked at my lips then at my eyes. Slowly leaning in to kiss me. We leaned back and soon began a full makeout session. He was such a great kisser.

The film ended and soon we were out of the room and walking hand in hand along the road, making our way into a small restaurant. He insisted on paying. I didn't argue.

"I have to confess something." I said, pushing my empty plate aside.

"What's that?"

I blushed. "This is my first date. I mean...real date. Most of the time it's just going to a gig, getting drunk and talked into going back to some guy's pla...." I trailed off. "I'm sorry that was just awkward."

He chuckled. "It's not. I'm glad to be your first."
I giggled and watched as the waitress came over and took our empty plates, soon setting our pieces of cake infront of us. It was the most we could afford.

"I really like you Molly. You're so different than others girls. When I saw you that first evening at the club when you were with George and your friend...I couldn't take my eyes off ye."

"I couldn't take my eyes off you either. You were just so different than the other guys. You dressed so...normal."

We both broke out a laugh. He scooted closer to me and cut a piece of cake with his fork, holding it to my lips. I smiled and ate it. Our eyes meeting now and then. Full of excitement.
..

We had an hour to kill so I encouraged Stu to take us back to his place. We ended up making love for most of the hour. He was so sensual. He was the type of guy who loved kisses, caressing and close interactions. He was an amazing lover. He always made sure to please me first. We smiled like idiots as he drove me home.

"You should come by tomorrow at the college. The other lads meet there now and then. John drags me down to listen to em practice. I like goin and all but...it'd be much nicer to have someone to sit with. John usually has his girl and..."

"I'd love to." I smiled. "What time?"

"Twelve thirty alright?"

"Perfect. I'll just cut work early." I kissed his cheek. "G'night."

"G'night love." He kissed my lips softly. I giggled and pulled back, getting out of the car. Right on time, it hit eleven as soon as I walked inside the warm building. The smell of pastries filled the air.

"I'm home! Dad??" I called out, setting my bag on the sofa. I blinked as Sarah walked into the room happily, handing me a warm muffin. "Oh."

"Here, taste this." She asked. I smelled it and bit into the blueberry top. I ate it and swallowed.

"It's good." I said, taking another bite. She smiled.

"Good! I hope you don't mind me using the kitchen. I was just making something to fill in my time."

I followed her into the kitchen. "It's fine. It's rarely used anyways. So um...where's dad?"

"He's up taking a shower."

I nodded. "I think I'm just going to go up to my room now."

"Molly. I hope we didn't get off on the wrong foot. Your father told me about your mom and...If you at all feel like I'm trying to move in....I'm just staying here temporarly."

I sighed. "I'm sorry for being rude. It's just been awhile since I've seen another woman in this place. Especially one with dad. I just have a question."

"Yes?"

"How did you two meet?"

She smiled and led me to the table, sitting me down.
...
They met while dad was working. She was working on a project when she came across dad a few days ago. She told me he was so funny and lighthearted. I took all of that with surprise.

She was twenty eight. Dad thirty five. The two apparently had many of the same interests and got along quite well. She made it clear she had no intention to take moms place. But when I asked...she did mention she really liked dad. More than she probably should. I knew I'd have to move on sometime. And for dad, it must have been hard being without a wife. Being without a companion to talk to, share inside jokes, and god help me....be intimate with. I remember what Stu said earlier. Slow steps.

I also remember Stuart telling her he fancied photography. So I took advantage of this and asked Sarah about it. She knew why I was interested, making her giggle. But she was really sweet about it and let me know a thing or two. This ended with us moving to the sofa and spending time talking. Dad passed the room, slowing his steps to watch us. Sarah noticed.

"Robert! Your daughter here seems to be interested in photography." She smiled. "I was just lending her a few tips."

"I see. Is this a serious thing or..."

"I'm interested." I finished. "I dunno I..I feel like I need to something you know? Study in something. I'm only eighteen."

"I think it's great you're taking interest in the arts." Dad smiled.

"Thanks dad. Well, I better get to bed. It's late and I have work."

"You come in on time?" Dad asked. Sarah spoke for me.

"She came when she was supposed to so don't worry." She smiled, patting my shoulder.

"Good night you two." I said, making my way upstairs, closing the door as I entered my room. I undressed and put on my sleepwear, turning the lights off and laying in bed.

I sighed and rested a hand above my head, smiling to myself as I thought of Stuart. His kisses and hugs. How he moaned as we made love. Our lips against each others. Just how he looked at me as we walked together. Then I realised the other guys had no idea. Tomorrow they'll find out. Stu and I were a couple. The world was just going to have to accept it.
..........

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

11.7K 472 62
Amelia McCartney found the cure for loneliness. She found love in a place where love couldn't be found. She is surrounded by friends, family, and the...
20.1K 1K 54
Adaline Russell had it all planned out. Move to London for a year, get her degree in art history, and then marry her long-term boyfriend. But a splas...
6.3K 136 36
so basically this story takes place in the 60s,in both America and London,which is about the Fab four and a famous American group that's having a har...
319K 9.6K 121
*Book One* Liverpool College Of Art is the place where Jazz is all the craze and where artsy people study. But when seventeen year old Lucy Daniels w...