Locked Class Hero (Rwby x Mal...

By Wolfinator12

Massive AU inspired by 'Forged Destiny' from Fanfiction.net. In the world of Remnant your class dictates your... More

Info
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Quest
Chapter 2: Problems
Chapter 3: Guild
Chapter 4: New members
Chapter 5: Hunters vs Dungeon
Chapter 6: Decision
Chapter 7: Discovery
Chapter 8: Valhallas guest
Chapter 9: Strange happenings
Chapter 10: Duels
Chapter 11: Quest
Chapter 12: Classes
Chapter 13: News
Chapter 14: What is going on?
Chapter 15: Theory
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 38

1.2K 37 13
By Wolfinator12

The ex-Lady of Shell looked at Y/n, her eyes full of rage. That was until Y/n turned towards her and spoke.

Y/n: "While it is not the best thing to admit, I have no idea how to lead and govern a piece of land. Additionally I am still a student, Guildmaster and Beacons Blacksmith, meaning my time is limited. How about you become my Skald?" The woman looked at Y/n, clearly confused. "Think of a Skald as something akin to a Viscount. You will still govern over North Valand as if nothing happened, untill I finish my studies at Beacon. Do you agree?"

The proud lady hesitated but after a few seconds of thought she kneeled down and bowed her head low. With a smile Y/n pulled off the simple iron ring around his biceps.

Y/n: "For now this will be your armring, even if it is too wide for you. Wear it proud as it shows your connection to me." Lady Feros took the ring. "Do you swear on your name and the ring to serve me well? To serve the people of North Valand well?"

Feros: "Yes Sir Schwarz."

Y/n: "Then say it."

Feros: "I , Eise Feros, swear upon my name and my ring to serve Y/n Schwarz and the people of North Valand as best as I can."

Out of Y/ns hand came a thick cloud of black and blue smoke, slight glimmers of gold were visible. The smoke formed around the armring and made it so it would fit snuggly around Eises arm. Next the smoke formed a kind of chain between Y/n and Eise. Once the chain was fully formed it dissappeared entirely.

Y/n: "What was that?" Y/n asked confused.

Aurorius: "That was the 'Oath' Skill taking effect. Every Noble-Class has Oath, which allows them to gain servants and such. The person swearing the oath will feel compelled not to break their promise. It is not forcing them to fullfill their promises just... well they will feel bad if the oath was intentionally broken by them."

Y/n: "How interesting. Lady Eise you may leave." The lady bowed her head and left without a word. "I guess it is now my time to swear an oath. May I do so as my traditions demand?"

Aurorius: "Of course." Y/n went to his knees and focused. Jormungandr formed into an axe while Sleipnir took the shape of an armring.

Y/n: "I, Y/n Nachtson, swear upon the name granted to me at birth, upon my axe and my armring, my loyalty will be as unending as the ocean and as strong as the freezing cold of Atlas. Till the day the Valcyries come to fetch me I will serve you, King Aurorius." As Y/n finished the oath a golden light came out of Aurorius and went towards Y/n. It circled around his left hand and formed into a golden ring. At the same time the light formed a golden chain between the two. Like before the chain dissappeared and so did the ring. The boy rose to his feet and went to grab his cup. "Now that the serious part is over how about we celebrate! Skål!" Y/n said raising his cup and downing the rest of the wine that it was filled with. The music once again started and the party continued. "Headmaster Ozpin, tell me, do you know what Skill Soldiers and Heroes always have? Because now I know that Workers have 'Workers Life' while Nobles have 'Oath'."

Ozpin: "Well Heroes do not have a Skill they all share, but there is one a lot of Heroes I've met had. It is called 'Heroic Spirit' and it makes them feel an urge to fight Grimm and protect others. All born Soldiers have the Skill 'Sense of Duty' which helps them keep formations and follow commands."

Y/n: "Interesting." A maid came and refilled Y/ns cup. Y/n thanked her and took a sip. "Say what happened to the girl that murdered your son?"

Aurorius: "She has not said a single word to anyone. We belive she is mute. Whatever it might be she will me executed in a few days." Execution was a common way to deal with criminals, at least in Vale.

Y/n: "Have you thought about what method to use?"

Glynda: "Mister Schwarz, that is highly inappropiate to ask, even if the girl is a murderer."

Y/n: "I know, but I also know that IF I ever were to be executed I would like to go out in a fight. Trial by Combat. So if the King has yet to decide I would like to be the one ending the girls life in a duel."

Aurorius: "I will think about it."

Y/n: "That is all I can ask. Now does anyone have any interesting stories to tell?"

The group spent a few more hours chatting and drinking. Even the ever so strict Glynda was eventually convinced to take some sips of wine, a few sips turning into full cups worth. At the end only few people remained and even fewer were able to still stand. Among those still somewhat sober enough to walk and talk were Y/n and Aurorius.

Aurorius: "I see." A hiccup interrupted him. "the stories of Norse being able to hold their drink is true." The man slurred.

Y/n: "Its a passive of mine. Say Aurorius." The man looked at Y/n. "Wont you become my blood brother?" There was no hesitationa s Aurorius emptied his cup and looked at Y/n.

Aurorius: "What do I need to do." With a smile Y/n summed a drinking horn. It was crude and wavy from the effects of the alcohol but it would do. From his shadow Heidrun manifested and with a bit of difficulty the horn was filled with fresh mead. Next Y/n summoned Muninn in her dagger form. With a swift motion a decent gash was cut in his palm and the blood was left dripping into the mead. Holding out the dagger and horn Aurorius copied what Y/n did, letting his blood mix with the mead and Y/ns. Grasping the horn and taking their cups Y/n poured half of the blood mead mixture into both before raising his cup.

Y/n: "Skål brother."

Aurorius:"Skoll." Aurorius tried to repeat the word Y/n used. Together they drank the bloody mead.

Y/n: "For as long as I live you shall always find room at my table, brother."

Aurorius: "And so do you, brother." The two continued to spent the night, chatting. They joked. Told stories. The bonded.

There they sat, one born with everything, raised to follow the rules dictated to him by something he was born with. King Aurorius has spent half a lifetime already being the king he was born as.

The other, was born with nothing more than his family. Outcast by others because he lacked that everyone else takes for granted. Yet he was truely free, he could be who he wants, do what he wants, become what he wants. He was still young, but already began to follow three distinctly different paths. A worker, forging weapons and armor for heroes-in-training, a hero-in-training on his way to become possibly the strongest in all of Vale and now a nobleman, a Jarl, ruling over the piece of land his ancestors called home, he himself had called home for most of his life.

Both have lost family, Aurorius lost his son, Y/n his parents and siblings. All lost to cultists, murderes, fools.

As the light of the next morning began to fill the ballroom Y/n woke up to the sounds of workers beginning to clean the room. He looked around and saw that he was the last person from yesterdays party. With a heavy head Y/n rose from the seat he had fallen asleep in.

Butler: "Sir Schwarz, King Aurorius wishes to see you off, if you would please follow me."

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes Y/n followed the butler to the throne room. Once there he saw Aurorius nursing his headache while his wife was seemingly berating him.

Y/n: "You wished to see me." Y/n spoke.

Aurorius: "Ah yes. I wanted to let you know that your companions returned to Beacon without you and that they know that you will be able to return on you own." The king rose from his throne and walked towards Y/n. "May Oum and his sons guide you." Aurorius said while holding out his hand.

Y/n: "May the Gods favor you." The two shook hands before Y/n turned to leave. Once in the courtyard Y/n called upon Sleipnir and rode back to Beacon. It surprised Y/n when Sleipnir ran faster and faster untill suddenly beginning to run on air. It was only a short distance yet All-Fathers Pony once again rode through the sky. "I see you got stronger."

Sleipnir: "Your new title gave us all new strength. The sky and sea will no longer stop my charge." The horse answered.

Y/n: "We will have to test them out." They landed before Valhalla and Sleipnir retreated back to Y/ns shadow. Opening the door Y/n was greeted with all of his friends kneeling down, bowing their heads. He swore he saw Yang, Ruby and Summer all smirk. "Gods damn it Qrow why did you have to tell them?" Y/n whined.

Everyone: "All hail Jarl Schwarz!" They shouted in unison before getting up, all, except Weiss, were smiling brightly.

Jaune: "Rising higher and higher, there Y/n."

Y/n: "It was a spur of the moment decision. I spoke my mind and that was the first thing that came to mind." The norse boy complained. "Anyway, I am glad Qrow decided to tell you about the new title I gained and such. Who wants to see what my summons are now able to do?" Nora, Ruby and Summer instantly raised their hands, Yang and Blake joined soon after.

Velvet: "While I would love to, Oscar and I were going to head to Vale to start stocking Valhalla for the winter." That was something completely forgotten by Y/n. Winter is only a few more weeks away and Vale tends to be on the receiving end of the cold winds from the Shieldwall rather quickly. They will need to stock up on firewood and food while it was still fall.

Ren: "Jaune, Phyrra and I were about to head into the Emerald Forest for firewood."

Weiss: "And I am currently dealing with someones paperwork they had choosen to neglect!" She pointed at Y/n accusingly.

Y/n: "In my defense I was falsly accused of murdering the prince of Vale and then got stuck dealing with the invasion of Vale by the Grimm." Y/n defended himself. "Still I am sorry for having neglected my duties as Guildmaster. Therefore I hereby make you my Secretary, is that acceptable?" Weiss angry stare turned to a look of sheer happiness.

Weiss: "I am honored your Jarl... hood?" She was confused at the proper wording needed.

Y/n: "Lets ignore the whole me being a Jarl for the time being, ok?" He offered earning nods all around.

Qrow: "Well I will go back out there, you know, kicking Grimm butt and saving people and what not." Qrow turned to leave before getting stopped by a pouting Summer. "Oops sorry Sum. I promise I will come and visit. Look out for yourself ok?" The two hugged.

Summer: "Be safe."

Y/n: "Good hunting." His Guildmates all wished the seasoned Hero their goodbyes. "Now lets go and see what my summons can do." He, Ruby, Summer, Nora, Blake and Yang all walked into the backyard where Y/n summoned Fenrir. The changes from gaining the title were clearly visible. Previously the wolf was a mass of shadows with glowing blue eyes and a pelt littered with glowing blue chain like shapes. Now those chains have turned golden while the ends of the fur have a dark blue color to them. The previously ivory white claws now were tipped in gold. Patting the wolf Y/n asked: "What can you do now?"

Wagging his tail Fenrir howled into the sky before bursting into a thick cloud of black and blue smoke. Out of the smoke came two wolves, the bigger one out of the two was golden with black eyes and blue claws, the smaller one was blue with golden eyes and black claws. Instinctive Y/n knew who stood before him. It was Skoll and Hati, the sons of Fenrir.

Y/n: "These two are Skoll and Hati, the bigger one is Skoll, the other Hati. They are the sons of Fenrir and they are responsible for the day and night cycle. Skoll chases Sol, the sister goddess of the Sun, Hati chases her brother Mani, the god of the Moon." Y/n introduced his summones to his friends. The girls quickly surrounded the two wolves showering them in affection, all except Blake, who always was reluctant to get close to Fenrir, probably because of being a Cat Faunus. "Tell me what makes you special?" The boy asked interested.

Skoll: "We grow stronger the higher our prey is in the sky." Skolls voice was clear but loud, yet it did not feel as loud as it sounded.

Hati: "And weaker if it is not visible." Hati, on the other hand, spoke in a gruff whisper, yet his words were clearly hearable, without any problem.

It seemed like the volume of their voices was deceptive.

Y/n: "Ah so the closer to noon the stronger Skoll and weaker Hati, and the closer to midnight the stronger Hati and weaker Skoll?" The two nodded. "Compared to your father how strong are you at your strongest?"

Hati: "At midnight I would win."

Skoll: "At noon I would win."

Y/n: "Thank you, I will make sure to allow you to hunt often." Both wolves bowed their heads in thanks before vanishing in puffs of golden and blue smoke. "Next up Jorm." The snake slithered out of Y/ns sleeve and grew to the size of a cow. Jormungandr now had golden lines running between his scales, which had a blue shimmer to them. "What did you learn?"

Jorm: "Thisss." The snake turned away from the group and opened its maw, facing a tree. With a hiss a thick cloud of green smoke escaped the snakes mouth. Once the smoke vanished the tree was withered.

Y/n: "So poison breath?" Jorm nodded. "Thank you, please return. Now Heidrun and Sährimnir." The boar and goat appeared. Sährimnirs ivory tusks now had golden lines decorating them and so do Heidruns horns. "What can you show me?"

Heidrun: "I produce a-all kind of bevera-ages now." To prove her point a small stream of clear water came from her udder, followed by milk and the already familiar golden mead.

Sährimnir: "Now am many meats." He took off a piece of his leg and it looked like cooked chicken, the second piece he pulled out of himself was beef.

Y/n: "That is great. I am glad to be able to grant you more chances to aid me now." The two animals looked very happy about that before disappearing back into Y/ns shadow. "Huginn, Muninn?" The birds appeared, both now had golden beaks and their feathers had a golden glint to them. "Anything new?"

Huginn: "No.~"

Muninn: "Our new ablity.~"

Huginn: "Is turning into a flock of ravens.~"

Y/n: "Ok, I was thinking that that might be the case, it is still great to make sure." The two went back to his shadows. "Ratatoskr? Anything you gained?"

Ratatoskr: "No, Ratatoskr did not become stronger."

Y/n: "Very well. Sleipnir gained the ability to run over air and sea. That is all for now."

Blake: "What about your shadow army?"

Yang: "Yeah shouldn't they also have grown stronger?"

Y/n: "Summoning them still feels wrong, if it is not for a fight that is. These warriors are people who died a worthy death before becoming a Einherjer, the only fight they should return to is the final fight at Ragnarök and not some random fight at the call of a random boy." Y/n explained.

Summer: "That is reasonable. What is your plan now?"

Y/n: "Finish the paperwork I neglected."

That is it for this chapter, I hope you liked it, even if it took a while.

I am thinking about creating a PayPal account people could donate money to to support me.

This is however currently just a rogue thought and may not happen. After all these donations will not give the donors anything special except the chance to have a character named after them and have a 'thank you' in the next chapter of a book their choice.

Let me know what you guys think.

Stay save.

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 7.4K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
1.8K 33 29
Power. The allure of it alone can drive those to destroy worlds. Power to some is control, others it's destruction, and even to a few a curse. Power...
138 21 15
A nameless, lonely protagonist from our world trades their names for the chance to enter a new world with magic, but the twist is this: they have to...
25.9K 234 14
There exists a legend among faunus that if one is born with both tail and ears or is born half dragon they could be kings/queens of remnant. But if o...