BOLD AND SERENE

By Umm_Basheer

She is calm and fearless! In a Family of six,she is the third and only dark skinned child. She is not loved b... More

BOLD & SERENE PROLOGUE
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 1
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 2
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 3
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 4
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 5
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 6
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 7
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 8
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 9
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 10
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 11
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 12
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 13
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 14
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 15
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 16
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 17
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 18
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 19
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 20
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 21
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 22
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 23
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 24
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 25
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 26
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 27
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 28
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 29
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 30
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 31
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 32
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 33
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 34
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 35
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 36
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 37
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 38
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 39
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 40
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 41
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 43
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 44
BOLD & SERENE : FINAL EPISODE

BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 42

61 13 0
By Umm_Basheer

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 42

Bismillaah

*NOOR*

I walked into my new office with a full grown smile on my face. I looked around and hugged my petite self which was clad in my first lab coat. I am in my last training year and the year has ended! That means....I am now a certified Doctor!

I am testing myself on how to act as a doctor...I signalled for him to come and start the act and he did just that.

"Good morning Miss Jamal"

"Good morning. Please have a seat. What's been bothering you and made you visit this place that no one wants to visit except a doctor?"

"Whaaat?" We both laughed. "You missed your line!"

"I don't think so...tell me" I said in between laughter.

"Well,I am about to get married so I want to undergo a genetic compatibility test to see if my wife to be and I are compatible" he correctly wore his glasses.

"Get the hell out of my office!" I pointed at the door.

"Ma'am... office manners"

"I don't care....just get out!" He walked up to the door and looked at me,we cracked up again.

"Come back here Mr.,who are you even thinking of marrying?"

"Sorry Madam,please don't hurt her" he joined his hands together.

"I asked who is She!?" I said in a stern voice.

"She is an angel in the form of little girl. She is the smartest. The cutest" I threw a paper on his head for saying cutest. "Ouch! Sorry. She is decent...patient! Ambitious,Ohhh! Can't wait to get back home and ask her father to make her just mine!"

"Why saying all these? What's her Name?"

"Miss Jamal" it was all a joke until I heard him say Miss Jamal. Heat rushed to my cheeks and I heaved a sigh with a slightly open mouth.

"Get out of my office! How can you love your personal doctor?"

"I loved her before she became my doctor...she was my classmate...then my friend,my love and now my doctor. Very soon she'll be my wife...inn shaa Allah. Whatever she is,she is always mine! My Cattie!"

"Zakir leave!" He quickly ran out and I started smiling like a maniac.

It's no doubt anymore...my heart didn't accept Zakir. In fact,it woke up to realise that Zakir has always been the perfect guy.

I packed the papers correctly and left the office.

I quickly drove myself home.

I live alone in a rented house where I relocated some months ago.

_flashback_

Zakir came running to our house and startled both Sistur Twin and I.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"Look at this!" He showed me his phone. It was a scholarship information for medicine students in the UK...my dream country! I didn't need any scholarship because my Abu has enough money to pay for my studies anytime,anywhere. But I didn't want to put Abu in so much trouble by paying a lot of money just for me and that too to the UK...Ayesha also had to further her studies and it's Dad's responsibility to pay for her. Come to think of it,if I get this scholarship,it will be everyone's good. Free never hurts and my dad will save more money.

I told my family about it and nobody had an objection to it. Both Zakir and I want to study medicine so we both applied. Fortunately rather unfortunately,we both got accepted!

Being bold and ready to learn,we didn't hesitate on packing our stuff and going. I really wanted to become a doctor,I wanted to pay special attention to my Ummaa's health. Turning Ummaa into a fit and fine woman was my sole career goal!

We boarded the airplane together and went out of our country,we went somewhere far from home and then boom! It was all a scam!
We were taken to the UK,yes but not where we were promised to be. I'd read it in history books on how white men capture people of other nationalities and forcefully make them work on their plantations...I was about to live such a life.

Somehow,Zakir escaped and since he had some money on him,he flew back home. According to him,he went to my house to tell Abu but he met him on his way out. He didn't bother getting in and explained everything to him. Dad was so devastated. These were his words to Zakir....

"I'll give you a huge amount of money. Please find my daughter for me. If you manage to bring her home,I'll give you anything you want that's in my possession...anything!" Zakir was ready for it,he didn't even need any gift. He just wanted someone to help him come back to the UK to find me and he got that.

I was not hearing from him so I didn't know whether he reached home or not. I took one of my colleague's phone,Sakeena and texted Sistur Twin...I only memorised her number!

Weeks later,Sakeena lost her life at sea as she tried to run back home.
I was left with nothing...not even a phone to contact my people at home. I laid many plans to escape but I always failed! I realised how hard it was to actually set a plan and make it work. I never stopped trying and finally,I escaped!
I ran away!

I came across a very good Muslimah in the UK,Aunt Khadeejah. She took me in and was like a mother to me. She said she knew of such scammers and she really felt pity for victims like us. She helped me and provided for me my necessities. With Allah's help,Zakir found me since Aunt Khadeejah's place was not very far from where they took us. With the money that Abu gave him,he got us both enrolled in a renowned university and before the money got exhausted,we got a real scholarship!

I continued staying with Aunt Khadeejah whiles Zakir stayed at the dorm of the university. I wanted to contact my family members but I was advised to not use phones and other electrical devices because those scammers would be on the look out for us. I could have left the studies there and go back home...I really wanted to. Sometimes,that'd be the only thing I'd see but with Zakir and others around me,they encouraged me to stay and that very soon it will all come to an end and I will have the chance to go back home...not as Noor Jamal,but Doctor Jamal!

_flashback ends_

"Zakir was right! The long wait has finally come to an end...tring tring tring! Home is calling!" I lied on bed and texted Zakir.

_We'll depart tomorrow by 6am inn shaa Allah...._ _#DocNoorIsComingHome!_

I did nothing all day long but sleep and anticipate for tomorrow!

.

As I wanted,morning came! I woke up at 4am and as usual,prayed tahajjud! I made sure never to miss my tahajjud. I then took my mushaf and recited the Quran till fajr came up. Immediately after fajr,I cooked breakfast for two and packed it in a flask. As I told him,Zakir showed up few minutes after 6 and we headed to the airport.

What a surprise I'll give!

During the whole journey,I was thinking about nothing but home! Sistur Twin! Bayyaa! Sister in law Asiyah! Abu! UmmAyesha! Yaa robb,I pray that the journey ends as quickly as possible.

After a six hours flight,we reached the airport! I didn't know that I was crying. The feeling of seeing everyone else again was ecstatic! I missed home! I missed home! Ya Allah I missed home just so much!

"Aren't you going home too?" I asked Zakir who was like my tail,lol.

"Your Abu made a promise...he must fulfill it. I didn't want anything then or maybe I was not aware that I wanted something that is in his possession"

"Ohh really? And what is that?"

"I want to marry his daughter" he confidently replied. I just kept quiet and boarded a taxi to my hometown. "I'll not be satisfied until I put your hand in his hands!" He added as we took our seats.

"I wonder how you'll hold my hands" we both giggled and eagerly looked forward to reaching home.

.

Zakir knocked the gate and the new gateman opened. He didn't know me so we quietly went in. I stood behind Zakir in a way that nobody would be able to spot my petite figure if he didn't move.

He rang the doorbell once,twice and the door slowly creeked open.

I heard the voice of the love of my life! The forever love of my life! My partner! My baby big brother! Bayyaaa!

I wanted to jump from behind Zakir and hug him as if it's the last! I missed him so much! Words can't even explain.

"Cattie! You!" Those were his words.

"Yes Brother Mahmud. I'm looking for your father"

"Come in,he is inside,I'll call him for you" he offered. Bayyaa is still the sweet Bayyaa he had always been.

"No,I'm fine standing here" that was because we've planned that he will put my hand in Abu's hands,lol.

"Are you sure?" He asked and Zakir nodded. He walked in and even before Abu showed up,Ayesha came to the door.

"Salaamu alaikum Zakir" my Sistur!

"Wa alaikumus Salaam Ayesha" before another word could be said,Dad came and Ayesha stepped out to give him some space...I also moved a little so that she won't spot me.

"Salaamu alaikum Sir" Zakir greeted and Abu replied in a subdued tone.

"Is it true that my daughter got lost in the middle of the sea?" He asked. Whaaat?

"Sir,I did what you asked me to and I tried everything possible...." he stopped. I wanted to kick him for stopping at that point,everyone got tensed. "And I....I....I brought her along!" Abu nearly jumped...I swear!

"Where is she!?!"

Gradually...

With baby steps...

I walked out of my hiding place...

"AbuNoor!" I said and My father cried!

"My princess!" My father cried!

"Baby!" Bayyaa called.

Ayesha gasped!

I hugged my Abu so tightly! After ages of separation!

I hugged Bayyaa too...that big man made my shirt wet with his tears.

"Why did you leave Bayyaa?" He asked. "First it was Ayesha,now you! Do you girls want to kill me!?" I forcefully shook my head and buried my head in his chest.

"Sistur Twin!" Ayesha called as in telling me that I've got her to hug too. I jumped off from Bayyaa and hugged my sister!

"Why did you teach me to cry?" She said amidst tears.

"Don't cry baby"

"Shut up! I am the big sister!" She always says.

"But I was born before you" I said.

"Even though" we said all that without breaking the hug.

"Sir,your promise" Zakir said and I opened my eyes wide. I broke the hug and looked at Ayesha who had no idea what was going on.

"Yes kid...just tell me what you want and you'll get it inn shaa Allah"

"I want your daughter...Noor!" Everybody was surprised except me of course.

"My...my daughter?" Dad asked,hesitantly. Bayyaa held his hand and gave him an assuring smile and he added... "OK"

"OK!" Zakir said again...

"Yes Ok! I'd get my daughter married to you by the will of Ar-Rahmaan"...I quickly ran inside!

It's not a dream!

Zakir is going to be my husband!

Inn shaa Allah!

And even before anyone asks for my consent...

I have already said YESSS!

------

(✏TIMABELLE💛)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 205 28
She was happy She was content She wanted nothing more He came into her life He broke her into pieces. He left her with nothing But pain,sorrow and be...
437K 27.3K 45
#11 in What's hot list so far 20/07/2018. Thank you so much my beautiful readers. A simple middle class girl who lost both of her parents..and there'...
149K 3.7K 9
❝we all have secrets that we keep, hidden away from the world❞ She had always being a loner, content with the little bubble she created around hersel...
2.3M 167K 79
"You are fired," he said, as my heart broke into tiny pieces. "No please sir, don't separate me from Imad. I beg of you," I pleaded in agony. What s...