Up All Night ➸ One Direction...

By Carefree2222

"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter... More

1 : Mobs and Such (Trailer!)
2 : Trapped
3 : Paparazzi
4 : The Paparazzi Games
5 : Laughs and Limousines
6 : "Houston, We Have a Problem"
7 : Dinner and A One Direction
8 : The Ellen Degeneres Show!
9 : Wrestling 101
10 : Back To Class
11 : Challenge Accepted
12 : The Game [1]
12 : The Game [2]
12 : The Game [3]
13 : Hide And Go Cheat
14 : Ella Strauss vs. The World
15 : Mission Impossible [s.e]
16 : We've Gathered Here Today...
17 : Candice's Corner
18 : Moments
19 : Rabid Werewolves
20 : The World's Funniest Home Twitcams
21 : Is It Me?
1D Summer Awards
22 : Tango with the Devil's Assistant
23 : Paulways In Charge
24 : Grounded
25 : We Need To Talk
Interview Questions From YOU. (Closed)
*Character Interview*
26 : Reassurance
27 : Hormones VS Kidnappings
28 : How To Seduce, Summer Evans' Edition
29 : Cruel and Unusual Punishments
30 : Tacos and Hot Bods
Book Cover & Ship Name
31 : A Taco & Some Tears
32 : In a Blink of an Eye
33 : The Reality of Things
34 : Rewind then FastForward [h.s]
Whose Point Of View?
35 : Night Changes [n.h]
36 : Jealous
38 : Begin Again
**Interview Questions**
*Character Interview (2)*
39 : Cleavage [h.s]
40 : Picture Perfect [s.e]
41 : Stone Cold
42 : Hands of Love
43 : Yours
44 : Up All Night

37 : Little Things

7.4K 311 38
By Carefree2222

Video of a guy playing Little Things on the guitar. Such a sweet song. Hope you guys enjoy. Hit that vote button ;D

Chapter 37 : Little Things

The rest of the afternoon flew by uneventfully. Yet I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing considering there's always something happening. But I was also thankful. After what happened earlier, we all needed to unwind and relax a bit whether that was together or separately, didn't matter.

When night fell, I placed myself in the pool area again and created a little fire to accompany me. Listening to the fire cackling was soothing and my eyes remained on the moving flames. The heat it was emanating warmed my body. For once, I was calm and kept all the thoughts earlier from my mind.

"Mind if I join you?" Louis' familiar voice filled my ears. He stood beside me, his eyes trained on the fire with a chair in hand sat it down not too far from myself. Once he finally looked my way, he smiled genuinely before crossing his eyes briefly. A small laugh fell from my lips before I answered him.

"Not at all," I told him, returning his smile. Louis sat down once he heard my answer and I placed my attention back on the fire. We sat in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable. I didn't exactly want to talk about anything that happened earlier or just anything that could possibly upset me and ruin this calm feeling.

It wasn't long before Liam, Niall, Summer, and Zayn joined us. They greeted us before taking a seat, forming a circle around the fire. This was nice. I can't recall a time when we were together and were actually able to just sit in silence. Not that I didn't like how crazy and active we were. I actually live for those moments.

"Remember when we first met Ella and Summer?" Niall asked, breaking the silence. I looked past the fire to look at the Irish boy. He glanced around at all of us and let out a small laugh. He looked as if he was reminiscing in memories. "I never thought it'd be this much fun."

I smiled, allowing myself to go back to the moment in the jewelry store when I finally turned around and faced the boys for the first time. Nothing prepared me for that moment. I wasn't even a fan before all this, but now I understand why these boys had such a dedicated fan-base. They are an amazing group of guys.

"I never did either. I mean funny thing is, I tossed away a magazine with your faces on it moments before I was trapped in a store with you guys. God was totally messing with me that day," I laughed at the memory and not long after, the others joined me. Before I know it, were all pitching in our favorite memories together.

"Remember the spoon prank we played on Liam? Oh that was a lot of fun," Louis fell into a fit of laughter. I grinned while Liam pursed his lips as we all joined Louis. That was a well thought out prank, honestly. He fell asleep right in the middle of a prank war. That wasn't very smart. Best part is, his reaction was recorded.

"Just keep laughing, all of you. I'll get my revenge," he said, but even he couldn't help chuckle a bit at the memory. Liam Payne, the boy who doesn't like spoons.

What does he eat cereal with? A fork? A knife? I pictured it in my mind and laughed harder than I was before. I tear fled from my eye and immediately, I wiped it away.

"If you try to prank any of us, we'll just get you back harder, mate." Louis told him, reaching over and shoving his friend playfully.

"Remember when Niall knocked over all the tacos? I don't know about the rest of you, but I was upset!" Zayn said once we all quieted down.

Niall snorted. "You were upset? Are you kidding? I was starvin'! I was so bloody excited for those tacos and next thing I knew, they were all on the dang floor."

"Well, we could have eaten some, mate, if you hadn't knocked them all over," Louis pointed out. Niall eyed Louis with a straight face before breaking out into a smile. Smiles were planted on everyone's faces as they interacted with one another. Even after what happened, they all managed to still be happy and remain positive. I couldn't exactly say the same for myself, though.

The memories stopped coming and everyone grew quiet. The smile on my face slowly faded away and I leaned back in my chair lazily, throwing my head back. I stared up blankly. The memories everyone shared began to replay in my mind. It didn't feel like that long ago when I came across the boys in the jewelry store. At the time I might have hated it, but today I'm mostly glad that it happened.

My thoughts hushed as a guitar strum filled my ears. I looked around to see where it was coming from and soon my eyes landed on the Irish boy concentrating on his guitar playing. I allowed the tune he started to play to relax me. I closed my eyes and became re-aware of the fire not too far away warming my body.

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd be on a boat with the boys of One Direction. Weeks ago if anyone were to tell me this were to happen, I'd laugh in their face and keep it moving. It's funny how things changed so quickly between us. The boys were wonderful and kind from the start. Perhaps I was too quick to judge them from that article I tossed away that day. Well, actually all articles I've read of One Direction for that matter. There's one thing all those articles failed to capture - their true selves. True or false, they'd publish anything that gets people's attention. Harry Styles is always made out to be a flirt or playboy, but he's one of the most respectful, gentleman I've ever met in awhile.

Thinking of him, I thought about the events of today and felt myself growing sadder. The press would get a kick out of what happened today. The entire world would, actually. They'd say all these nasty things, but they would fail to see he's... hurting. We both are. Why can't harry and I just... be?

I tossed my thoughts aside as the guitar silenced. I opened my eyes and looked passed the fire to look at Niall. All eyes were on him as he stood up and placed his guitar down gently on the floor. After doing so, he cleared his throat and remained standing, his blue eyes scanning all of us sitting.

"I just, erm, want to thank Ella," he paused, his eyes landing on Summer. They both smiled as their eyes met. Their sweet exchange caused a smile to spread to my lips. "And Summer for such a good time. Eventually we're going to have to go back, but this," he motioned towards all of us,"what we have here is special. I've made an incredible friend," Niall motioned towards me, smiling, "and I finally found my princess. I'll never regret this. It's been an incredible, unforgettable adventure I'll never forget." With that, Niall smiled and took his seat again. Niall and Summer joined hands and before I knew it, the lump in my throat found its way back to me. The smile I wore quickly faded to nothing.

Would Harry and I end on a good note or leave things as they are now? I wouldn't be able to handle not getting any closure. How would I handle seeing his face everywhere? I've gotten involved with the world's most famous boy band. Sure, it's been a lot of fun, but how am I just supposed to go back to living a normal life when they leave like nothing ever happened?

"El, are you alright?"

I snapped back to reality and turned to Louis. Doing so, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I hadn't realized I'd been crying. Louis looked back at me, his face softening. I felt all eyes on me. I opened my mouth to answer him, but no words were formed.

What was I going to tell him? I can't say I'm okay, because clearly I wasn't. I shut my mouth closed and wiped my cheeks quickly.

"This might be hard to believe, Ella, but everything is going to be okay," Liam assured. I looked passed Louis and met eyes with a smiling Liam. I can tell why he'd be the one to run to if the boys needed help. He's always so positive and supporting.

"I'm sure this is as hard for," Zayn took a pause as if deciding whether or not to continue,"Harry as it is for you." He tread softly, knowing that the sound of his name would bring some sort of emotion upon me.

"Yeah and on behalf of him, I'd like to apologize for his behavior. That's not like Harry at all," Liam said, cutting in.

Harry Styles, the happy go lucky boy we all knew always kept it together, but that wasn't the case today. He was vulnerable, just like myself. We'd let each other in, only for everything to backfire and spit in our faces.

I pictured his dimpled smile, hand running through his hair to remove the curls shielding his view as he towers over me with that look in his emerald eyes, entrancing me. I even imagined him telling me a lame joke and throwing his head back in laughter. I would giggle softly, not because his joke was actually funny, but because his laugh was contagious. That boy changed my life. He has filled me with so much happiness that now I can't imagine how I can go about my days being okay with him leaving things as is, or just leaving in general. I wanted nothing more than to be with him and learn all there is to know about the Harry Styles. So far, I'd fallen in love with what I'd seen.

My eyes widened in realization.

"I love him," I heard myself say.

*Grabs popcorn* This is getting juicy!

Hit that vote button!

All the love ;D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 15.4K 199
What's it called? That's what they are! I just really love 1D and writing about my bizarre life. YOU SHOULD READ THIS...or not. idrc :) ~~~~~~~~~~...
2.1K 77 15
Just doing some dumb fanfic moments. Please don't take these offensive! thank you! STORY COMPLETED. Most of this is about one direction because mo...
5.4K 117 31
[COMPLETED] Katie and her friends were normal girls living in their dream city, London. But when they meet One Direction, they become not-so-normal...
73.9K 520 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...