Home is Where the Heart is [O...

By bethanyjanebooks

The heroes made it to Neverland to save Henry and Julia who had been taken there by Greg and Tamara who were... More

Storybrooke/Enchanted Forest Cast List
The World Without Light Cast List
World Within Snow Cast List
1 - The Hearts of the Truest and Fairest Believers
2 - The Hearts of the Truest and Fairest Believers
3 - Lost Girls
4 - Lost Girls
5 - Quite a Common Fairy
6 - Quite a Common Fairy
8 - Nasty Habits
9 - Good Form
10 - Good Form
11 - Impossible Girl (Original Ep: Ariel)
12 - Impossible Girl (Original Ep: Ariel)
13 - Christmas Special
14 - Christmas Special
15 - Dark Hollow
16 - Dark Hollow
17 - Think Lovely Thoughts
18 - Think Lovely Thoughts
19 - Save Henry and Julia
20 - Save Henry and Julia
21 - The New Neverland
22 - The New Neverland
23 - Going Home
24 - Going Home
25 - New York Serenade
26 - New York Serenade
27 - Witch Hunt
28 - Witch Hunt
29 - The Tower
30 - The Tower
31 - Quiet Minds
32 - Quiet Minds
33 - It's Not Easy Being Green
34 - It's Not Easy Being Green
35 - The Jolly Roger
36 - The Jolly Roger
37 - Bleeding Through
38 - Bleeding Through
39 - A Curious Thing
40 - A Curious Thing
41 - Kansas
42 - Kansas
43 - Snow Drifts
44 - Snow Drifts
45 - There's No Place Like Home
46 - There's No Place Like Home
Next Book

7 - Nasty Habits

560 20 0
By bethanyjanebooks

Felix was escorting Neal through the jungle of Neverland, his hands were tied up, "Feels like just yesterday I welcomed you to Neverland the first time, Baelfire. Gotta say, hoped I'd never see you again," Felix said and he nudged Neal with his stick to move forward.

"Then maybe Pan shouldn't have taken my children," Neal said.

"Maybe you should've left well enough alone," Felix said.

"We're gonna get them back," Neal said.

"You really believe that? You were a lost boy. You know Peter is not to be trifled with. You know how long he's been searching for the heart of the truest and fairest believers. Do you really believe he'll just give them up?" Felix asked.

Neal was untying his ropes without Felix noticing, "Maybe, if I ask nicely," Neal said.

Felix chuckled, "You may have grown up, but it would appear you've grown up stupid," Felix said.

"I have grown up. I don't know if I'm stupid or but, but I do know how to tie an overhand knot," Neal turned around and punched Felix in the face, knocking him out.

"I'm not a boy anymore, Felix. I sure as hell ain't lost," Neal said.

Elsewhere, Katy and Daniella looked behind them, "It can't be," Katy said.

"Mom... I feel..." Daniella said.

"I know sweetie, so do I," Katy said.

Flashback

Baelfire and Young Priscilla were sitting at the table, Baelfire was teaching her how to draw, "That's it you're getting it now," Baelfire said.

Rumpelstiltskin walked up, "Bae, Cil. A present," He held up two daggers, "Something to sharpen your coal with," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Where did you get them?" Baelfire asked.

"Oh, from a man who no longer needed them," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You mean taken from a man who couldn't pay you," Young Priscilla said.

"Cil... Bae..." Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Papa, we told you, we don't want any more gifts from the people you terrorise," Baelfire said.

"Then what do you two want? Tell me. What would make you both happy?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Leaving this place," Young Priscilla said.

"We're tired of staying in this hovel all the time," Baelfire said as he stood up.

"Well, that's easy to fix. How about a castle, huh?" Rumpelstiltskin smiles, "I could build you both a palace so magnificent its shadow would blanket the countryside," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"That's not what I meant. We wanna go out, have friends, see the world beyond these four walls. Why can't you just trust us to do that?" Baelfire said.

"I do trust the both of you. It's... It's the others that I can't. You see, I have many enemies beyond that door. And once you two leave, any one of them could hurt the both of you," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You sure that's the only reason? Maybe what you're really worried about is if we leave, we might never come back," Young Priscilla said.

"No, no. I...I'm worried about both of your safety," He looked at her, "This is the best place for you both. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you both," Rumpelstiltskin said.

End of Flashback

Mr Gold was making war paint on a rock and then he put some over the right side of his face.

"You always felt more comfortable behind a mask," Callie said as she approached him.

"You were the only one who could ever see past it, past the mask of the monster," Me Gold said.

"Then why put it back on now?" Callie asked as she touched his hand.

"I need the monster, Callie. It's the only way I can save them and Priscilla. And that's what I've decided. I'm gonna save my grandchildren and I'm making sure they and Cil can go home," Mr Gold said.

"The prophecy states that Henry and Julia will be your undoing. To save him, you ensure your own death," Callie said.

"You don't think I can do it?" Mr Gold said.

"I think your intentions are good. But a lifetime of craven self-interest is a nasty habit that you've never been able to break," Callie said.

"Things are different now," Mr Gold said.

"How? What's different?" Callie asked.

"Because I have nothing to live for," Mr Gold said.

"What about me?" Callie asked.

"You're not real. Just a vision," Mr Gold said.

"But I'm... I'm back in Storybrooke, waiting for you," Callie said.

"You shouldn't be. When I said to get to know your brothers and said goodbye to you, Callie, we both know it was for good," Mr Gold said and turned away from her.

"Well, maybe I think you'll come back," Callie said.

"Even if I did, eventually you'd leave me because you can see me for what I really am. You think you see a good man, but in time, you'd see the monster. My son is dead, the only way I can redeem myself is by saving Priscilla and Bae's children and giving my life," Mr Gold said and walked off.

At the camp, the Swan trio was sat by a model of Pan's compound, the model was made with sticks and rocks, "Anyway... This is where they're keeping the twins. Pan's compound. According to, uh..." Elaine said.

"Tinkerbell," Tinkerbell said.

"Yes, I know. Still weird to say," Elaine said.

"Tink is fine," Tinkerbell said.

"Not sure that's any better. Anyway, she says that there are sentries positioned across the front, which is why we are gonna come in through the back entrance here," Elaine pointed to the back entrance on the model, "She's gonna talk her way in. Once she makes sure the coast is clear, then we are going to sneak on in," Elaine said.

"You'll still have to deal with any Lost Boys once you're inside," Tinkerbell said.

"I think we can handle a few children with pointy sticks," Regina said.

"It's not the sticks you need to worry about. It's the poison they're dipped in," Tinkerbell said.

David, Faye and Killian glanced at each other for a second, "Dreamshade. Hook warned us," Mary Margaret said.

"Good. Because one nick, and you'll spread the last of-," Tinkerbell began to say.

"Poison sticks equal death. We got it. Now, when can we put this rescue mission into action?" David said as he stood up and walked across the camp and stood beside Faye.

"I'm ready to go, just as you tell me the exit plan," Everyone glanced between themselves, "You do have an escape plan, don't you?" Tinkerbell said.

"It's... It's more of a last-minute trip," Evangeline said.

"If you don't have a way off this island, then none of this matters?" Tinkerbell said.

"We'll figure it out," Roxanne said.

"You'll figure it out? No one comes and goes from this place unless he allows it. This is a waste of time," Tinkerbell said.

"Hey, when it comes to family, we always find a way," David said.

"You don't get it... Here. Let me show you something," She took out a watch from her bag, "You know what this is?" Tinkerbell asked.

"Yeah, a watch," Emma said.

"I got it from the people who brought your nephew here for Pan," Tinkerbell said.

"Greg and Tamara? Where are they?" Elaine asked.

"And why exactly did they give you that?" Katy asked.

"I got it off the girl's body. Spent half the night cleaning the blood off it. And the other guy... Well, there wasn't enough left of him to find anything useful. This is what Pan does to the people he employs. What do you think he's gonna do to you? I'm not sticking my neck on Pan's chopping block without a way off this island. When you figure that out, you know where I live," Tinkerbell said and she walked away.

"Where the hell is she going?" Mary Margaret asked in a panic.

"I'll get her, bring her back," David said and turned to leave.

"Don't. She's right. If there's one thing I've learned, you never break in somewhere unless you know the way out," Elaine said.

"And where'd you get that, in bail bonds person school?" Regina asked.

Elaine looked at her, "Neal taught me that," Elaine said.

Regina's face dropped, "Oh, uh... Sorry," Regina said.

David looked at Killian, "What about you, Hook? You got off this island before," David said.

"Yes, aboard my ship, which would require some form of magic to create a portal, which I got from Pan in a deal I don't think he's ready to repeat," Killian said.

"So no one's ever left the island without Pan's permission," Sebastian said.

"Except for one man," He looked at Elaine, "Her partner in crime, Neal," Killian said.

"How?" Elaine asked.

"Maybe we can find out," Killian said.

Meanwhile, Mr Gold was walking in the woods when two Lost Boys saw him, "Stop by order of Pan!" One of them said.

Mr Gold waved his hand, putting the two boys to sleep, "I don't take orders," Mr Gold said.

He picked up one of the spears and he heard rustling behind him, he turned around and saw Neal. Mr Gold's face dropped in shock as Neal looked at him in confusion.

"Bae?" Mr Gold whispered, "You're not real. You're dead," Mr Gold said.

"What? Of course, I'm real. What the hell's going on?!" Neal asked.

"You're a vision, just like Callie," Mr Gold said.

"No. No, hey. Listen to me, It's me. I was shot. Okay? But I survive. See? I'm alive," Neal said.

"My son is dead!" Mr Gold grabbed Neal and slammed him against a tree, "You're here to remind me of my failure!" Mr Gold said angrily.

"That's not why I'm here," Neal said in shock.

"My weakness," Mr Gold said angrily and held up the spear.

Neal looked worriedly seeing his father's anger and the spear, "Put the spear down," Neal said breathlessly.

"Another vision, that's not gonna stop me. You're here to question my resolve. But you won't succeed. I will sacrifice my life for Priscilla, Julia and Henry. And nothing will stand in my way!" Mr Gold said angrily.

"Please, papa," Neal begged.

"Bae?" He backed away, "Is that really you?" Mr Gold asked.

"Yeah," Neal said.

"I thought I'd lost you forever," Mr Gold said tearfully.

Flashback

Rumpelstiltskin walked into his home with gifts for the two children that he was hiding behind his back.

"I was thinking... Only a king and queen should live in a castle. So why don't you two try these on for size?" He held out two crowns but the house was quiet, Baelfire and Young Priscilla were nowhere to be seen, "Bae? Cil?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

Rumpelstiltskin walked into town and saw a group of townspeople standing opposite a man who was speaking, "Alright, now listen. We'll start organising search parties right away," The man said.

"You think you can hide them from me? Where are they? Where's my son and Priscilla?!" Rumpelstiltskin yelled.

"They're not here, Dark One. I swear!" The man said as the other began to cower.

"Don't lie to me! Magic has led me to this rat-hole of a town! Their trail ends here, in Hamelin. I know you're hiding them from me," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"No. No, we're not. Many of our children went missing last night, lured from their beds by some unholy music," The man said.

"What kind of music?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"From the Piper. Only the children could hear it. Some of them tried telling their parents, but no one believed them. They were sent back to bed. And this morning, they were gone," The man said.

"And who was playing it?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"No one saw his face. O...only a figure hidden by a pied cloak of multicoloured patches, leading the children from their homes and into the forest. Don't you see? It... It has to be the same man that has taken your children," The man said.

"Then whoever this Pied Piper is, he's about to play his late note," Rumpelstiltskin said.

End of Flashback

Mr Gold and Neal were still standing in the clearing of the jungle, "How is it possible? I mean... You..." Mr Gold said.

"It's kind of a long story. Let's just say that the debt Robin Hood owes you has been paid," Neal said.

"You were back in our land?" Mr Gold asked.

"Yeah, but I made it here. The only thing that matters now is that I help Elaine save Henry, Julia and now Cilla. Where is she, Elaine?" Neal said.

"I left her and the rest of them aboard Hook's ship. As noble as their intentions may be, they don't have the stomach to do what needs to be done," Mr Gold said.

"Like what you did to these boys?" He gestured to them, "They're not, uh..." Neal said as he crouched beside one.

"No, they're just sleeping for now," Mr Gold said.

Neal looked at him, "Let's leave it that way, okay?" Neal said as he stood up.

"You don't have the stomach either," Mr Gold said.

"I'll do what needs to be done. But killing Lost Boys? We don't have to do that," Neal said.

"We shall see," Mr Gold said.

"So I take it you have a plan? The whole sacrificing your life thing was just you being dramatic," Neal said as he took a bow and arrows from one of the sleeping Lost Boys.

"Well, it's the only way. Pan's too powerful. You can only beat him if you're willing to die, which I am," Mr Gold said.

"What if I told you there was another way?" Neal suggested.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

Neal and Mr Gold made their way over to the ocean and were standing on the shore, "What exactly is your plan?" Mr Gold asked.

"You know how if you hold a shell up to your ear you can hear the ocean? Certain shells, the ocean can hear you," Neal said as he crouched down, picking up a conch shell and blew into it.

"Why would we need the ocean to hear us?" Neal continue to blow into the shell and he pointed to the ocean, Mr Gold looked to the ocean to see tentacles of a squid pop out, "What have you done?" Mr Gold asked as the squid swam towards them.

Neal stood up, "Give me the spear," Neal said and took the spear, then he threw it at the squid, killing it and they pulled it to shore.

"A squid?" Mr Gold questioned.

"That's right. I believe you know how to extract ink from one of these bad boys," Neal said.

"Squid ink. So this is your plan?" Mr Gold asked.

"It can immobiliser the most magical of creatures. Even Pan," Neal said.

"I have some experience with it," Mr Gold said.

"Can you get it out?" Neal asked.

"Indeed. But how do you plan on getting close enough to use it?" Mr Gold asked.

"We don't need to get close. All I need is one clean shot to get Henry and Julia back," Neal said.

"Well, leave that to me," Mr Gold said.

Meanwhile, the others were walking towards a rock with vines connected to it "What is this supposed to be?" Regina asked.

"So what, Neal swung out of Neverland on a vine?" Katy asked.

"Well, if someone would be kind enough to lend me a hand. What do you say, Swan?" Killian said as he walked towards one of the vines and Elaine looked at him.

"I'll do it," David said and he walked over to Killian, helping him with the vine.

"You don't look so hot, mate," Killian said in a quiet tone.

"It's a hundred degrees in this damn jungle and I'm plenty hot," David said and took over with pulling the rope as Killian stumbled back a little.

David pulled the rope and the large rock lifted off the ground as Elaine walked over to Killian and placed her hands on his back, "You good?" Elaine asked.

"Aye, love. Remember what I said," Killian said.

"I will call into the shell if we get separated, I promise," Elaine said.

"Thank you, love. Alright... Ladies first," The pirate captain gestured to the women to go in first and they walked in then he looked at David, "How much longer do you think you can keep up this charade? Don't you think your family deserves to know, you're gonna die?" Killian said.

"What do you care?" David asked.

"Why don't you?" Killian asked.

"What is good in telling them when there is nothing I can do to stop the poison when there is no hope?" David said.

"Well, if there's one thing I've gleaned from you hero types, it's that there's always hope," Killian said.

David looked at him suspiciously, "Is there something you're not telling me, mate?" David asked.

"Alas, hope and reality are most often worlds apart. I told you the truth. You'll never make it off this island alive and leading Priscilla on while knowing that isn't fair," Killian said.

"Well, then this is between us... The only thing they need to worry about saving is Henry and Julia," David said and pushed past him and walked into the cave.

"Killian! What is this place?!" Elaine called out and he walked in, "What are we doing here?" Elaine asked.

Killian started to try to light a torch with his hook but then David used a lighter to light the torch. They all saw drawings on the cave walls, "Bae..." Faye said as she recognised the style.

"This is where he lived," Elaine said.

"Aye. Baelfire spent some time in Neverland as a boy. This was his home," Killian said.

"So you think he may have left a clue as to how he escaped from here?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Well, let's hope so, or we'll be lost just like he was," Killian said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1K 20
Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you found Henry, your step brother. T...
59.4K 1.3K 34
There's a new Dark One in their lives, Emma Swan, after being told she's a saviour, to protect her family and friends she risked her life to save the...
54.1K 2.2K 46
Magic is in Storybrooke. Memories have returned. Families reunited. Curse is broken. As the curse is broken, Elias and Emma finally meet their parent...
28.5K 1K 26
Henry has been taken to Neverland under Pan's orders, Mr Gold, Emma, David, Mary Margaret, Killian and Calista are on their way to save him. Things b...