Amazing Grace

By thatchristiangirlx

★ ★ ★#1 Spirituality 16/02/2022 #1 Yahweh 22/02/2022 #1 Non Believer 5/03/2022 #1 Christian Romance 7/03/2022... More

Author Note
Dedication
Chapter 1 [Lost and scared]
Chapter 2 [New church coming to town]
Chapter 3 [Working in the line of Fire]
Chapter 4 [You will never be him]
Chapter 5 [How i met your mother]
Chapter 7 [No fear in perfect Love]
Chapter 8 [Eleazar]
Chapter 9 [Just like your father]
Chapter 10 [The name of the Lord is a strong tower...]
Chapter 11 [Protected by the most high]
Chapter 12 [ 3 strikes, your out!]
Chapter 13 [New beginnings]
Chapter 14 [The 3 commandments]
Chapter 15 [ Let me in!]
Chapter 16 [Temple of Grace Church]
Chapter 17 [Religious trauma]
Chapter 18 [Angels.]
Chapter 19 [Heres the deal...]
Chapter 20 [Thus says the lord]
Chapter 21 [Lunch time confessions]
Chapter 22 [I am not ashamed of the Gospel]
Chapter 23 [ Pastor says...]
Chapter 24 [Forgive thy neighbour]
Chapter 25 [Tell the truth]
Chapter 26 [Lessons]
Author note!
Chapter 27 [Driving me wild]
Chapter 28 [The Garden of Eden]
Chapter 29 [The storm shall pass]
Chapter 30 [Just friends]
Chapter 31 [For she's not a jolly Good Fellow..]
Chapter 32 [Ace of Spades]
Chapter 33 [the morning after ]
Chapter 34 [Sow the seed]
Chapter 35 [ Snatch them out of the Fire]
Chapter 36 [Born Again]
Chapter 37 [My brothers Keeper]
Chapter 38 [I love you Aaliyah Johnson]
Chapter 39 [Where is he?!]
Chapter 40 (Final Chapter) [Like a thief in the night]
Author Note
How sweet the sound..
!DISCLAIMER PLEASE READ IN FULL!

Chapter 6 [Co worker from Hell]

2.4K 152 28
By thatchristiangirlx

Ephesians 5:18

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,"

Aaliyah

"So you see our profit is fluctuating and has been since early march and we are trying to turn that around and make it consistent for summer time."

My laptop is in front of me as i try to gain every single bit of information from this board meeting. Dad is away at his first boxing match in the ufc in almost 3 months so that leaves me in charge yet again.

You see here at Cj Headquarters' we do a lot of things that mainly revolve around promoting my fathers brand as one of the few undefeated boxing champions of the world.

Its my job to make sure people dont forget who he is by creating different job opportunities for him, keeping up with social media, we have also started a new food brand that aims to help the homeless and the needy. yes that was my idea, thank you very much.

Over the past 5 years i have worked as co owner of this company we have gained millions in profit by using celebrities that are close to dad like drake, Kanye, LeBron James, Justin bebier, j Cole. anyone you listen to or support we have worked with. Once again that was another one of my ideas. Expensive, yes. Worth it. Yes.

Right now i have nothing but pure desire to go even higher and higher in this company. Nothing will stop me from making that Forbes cover and i plan to do it within the next 5 years.

"Ms. Johnson?" i shake myself out of my daze and look at the table of all male managers and executives staring at me from my left side and my right side, waiting to hear an answer to a question.

They have all made it very clear how unfair they think it is that i am the future CEO of this company. Bunch of cry babies. They cant wait till the day i break down and cry in front of them. tuh, they better look somewhere else for all that. Thats not how i was raised.

i didn't even pay attention, Think think. I look to the screen in front of me and see a list of social media influencers, reality star shows and d list celerities and brooding lines that connect to each other, no words or context just lines and people. okay think. think. think. ah ha!

"Another collaboration?" A voice pears up from my side

"Well as sufficient as that has been in the past i find it highly indolent for us as a company to continuously rely on the same foreseeable  ideas. This allows our competitors to know every one of our next moves and to capitalize on that dont you fellas agree?" I hear nothing but a bunch of mumble and grumble from each side.

let me tell you something about working in a large corporation as a leader, who so happens to be a woman, around nothing but men. They love to argue with every point you make, no matter how right or wrong, they are addicted to the competition, they love to test and tease me until i reach my limit. so far none of them have been able to see me crack yet. They all just think I'm daddy's spoiled daughter, not ever acknowledging the fact i was forced into this life but here i am so i have to make it work.

"Typical. I would have to argue that point, you see there is a well known phrase that im sure the rest of you gents are aware of.. "

Ah yes. Ross Lawerence. The inconsiderate pain in my ass who never fails to disagree with every point i make. This bitter guy has been on my tail since day 1. He is about 5"9 , his hair is a dirty blonde. He has dark brown eyes and his skin is tan. He always comes to work in his uptight church suit, just ready to ruin my day.

"if its not broken then dont fix it. So why should we stray away from what has worked up until now?"  He says while looking around at the other men while they all agree with his nonsense

"because it allows our competitors to predict our every step and take advantag-"

"does that really matter though? maybe our losing competitors can attempt to copy and steal our ideas, that doesnt mean they will win. We have established a loyal customer base and they are more than enough to carry us through another few months with flying results"

"thats your problem Lawerence, you don't ever look to exceed the standard. You are so use to flying by that you don't even realize the pleasure there is in bursting through."My voice was getting louder now..

"That couldn't be any less true" he scoffed while giving me a death stare.

"no? Remember theres a reason why you are slouching in your manager's chair while watching me Sit tall in the ceo's chair."

"oh please don't be silly, the only reason you are in that chair or even anywhere near it is because Mr Johnson is away."

Ouch

The rest of the managers laugh and cackle around me

"That may be so but either way he still chose me over you and that gives me permission to fire your ass anytime i choose so i suggest you shut it and know. your. place." I slam my cup down on the table and the whole room goes silent when they finally understand the control i have over them. Complete silence. I take a deep breath in and out and then pack away all of my items.

cough cough "We will not do another lazy collaboration this month, you people are grown men and need to start thinking like them. You guys love to pander me about how much more superiority you have over me well then i will give you until this evening to come up with a better idea. If you cant do that i will not have any problem replacing each and any one of you." I stare them deep in their eyes and then crack a fake cheeky smile

"That will be all" i say. before i close the door behind me and walk out of the meeting room and back into my office

*

I'm in my office now finally. My fingers are tapping against the table rapidly as i try to come up with an idea to interest our clientele.. Buzz Buzz..

"Hello?"

"Sis! you need to come out with me tonight!"

"Destiny is that you?" why does my sister always manage to call me at the worst possible times? There is music blaring in the background and i can barely hear her.

"its me its me hahahha.. or maybe its you? Get it, cause we're twins AHAHAHAA" Crap. she's drunk.

"stop Being boring and get your ass in the club right now! they blaring citygirls!"

"Destiny are you with someone? are you safe?" Its never good when destiny is alone and drunk. the last time this happened was 2 weeks ago when. she drank so much we couldn't find her until the police brought her back from the neighbours back yard shed the next evening. But of course Aaliyah the oldest twin has to take care of everything here.

"Des, can you hear me?"

"JT im fly with it c i t y with it ehhhh hahah"

"Destiny? Okay wait there im coming to get you right now." I quickly bounce up from my chair and put on my jacket with haste. I grab my car keys form the cabinet and start to rush to the- oh wait! I forgot all about what dad said

"You used up your last chance. This was it Aaliyah grace. No more slacking off no more falling behind. One more time and you will be replaced. Do you understand me?"

I slap my hand off of my face. Im so screwed. Maybe if i tell dad i only left to save the only daughter he actually likes he will forgive me?.... No im not risking it.

I need to reach my Goal of being on the cover of forbes! i have to im so close ! but i cant do that if i get freaking fired! I throw my head all the way back.

Okay im going to sneak out. If i disable the cameras for an hour or two maybe i can make it out. I run to the security camera control system and attempt to shut it off twice. It doesnt work so i just grab a hat and run out of the office.

I am half way down the hall when i run straight into -

"Going somewhere, Miss chief executive officer?" Lawrence. Crap. He has a massive smile on his face, almost like he has just won something. He has a granny smith apple in his hand takes a bite while still keeping his cheeky smile on his face.

"okay okay Lawrence what the heck do you want to keep quiet" i say while letting my shoulders flop down.

He gasps and says "Well miss ceo, i would have never picked you to be the briber type." while he takes another bite.

Lawrence is the only guy on the team who is around my age. which makes things so much more annoying. I roll my eyes and groan while i grab his arm and pull him into the empty room beside us.

"listen Lawrence my sister isnt doing very well so i have to go out and make sure she gets home safely-" he is just looking at me with one eyebrow raised and is still eating the apple.

"well if dad- Mr Johnson, finds out that i am leaving work early again he could possibly-" He tilts his head to the side then smiles. Ive already said too much.

"Fire you?" He says, his smile becoming even bigger now.

I roll my eyes And stare deep into his soul.

"Okay, so heres what you are going to do if you want me to keep quiet. I need you to convince your father to give me a promotion. There is this guy, stevens, on my team who is a pain in my head and i know i deserve his position. If you can get me that then i didnt see anything." He says while putting his hand out waiting for me to shake it....

what do I do now!

*

Hey evryone! how are you feeling about this competitive dynamic? do you think destiny will save her sister or herself? do you think everything is going good so far, do you enjoy the story? talk to me yall! :)

God Bless please vote and share and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 2.6K 47
"You know people always say, God never makes mistakes but..." Ace begins, "You ever think of all the things God created, the high skies, the endless...
7.5K 213 26
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...
438K 15.4K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...