The Bat Pets

By MarilynneCadance1218

You've seen Damian's point of view but what about his animals? What do they do while Damian's away and how do... More

When He's Gone
He's Mad, WE'RE mad.
It Was A Sneeze
I Am So Grateful For My Pets
Sick Of This
Oh My Squirrel!
Being Dogsat Is Hard Work
What Do You Guys Think?
The Takeover Of The Animal Kingdom
Lost In Gotham.
The Park
Hmm, Peace
The Bad Day
Snow Day
Shop Walk
Tornados And Storms
Christmas Days
Titan The Talker
Chatterbox
Farms
Foes And Furries
Tim And Puck
Injured
1,000!!!!!!
The Secret Life.
We Have A Pool?
Movie Night
Raven Into The Moon
Weeeellllll.....YOU DID IT!
Funny Seeing You Here
Groom Day
In The Best Way
This Is The End

Titan Origin

242 14 3
By MarilynneCadance1218

For the sake of the origin stories I'm  going to be using first person so you can read what they're feeling. 

Where was I? Where was I before? All I remember before was warmth, I couldn't see anything then but now, now I'm being crowded with something, someone! Oh, that was my brother, Tom. I know because I can smell him, everything smells so different than from the first time I could smell. That day I met my mom, my siblings, and the world for the first time but unlike that, I could open my eyes this time, so I do. 

My eyes open and reveal light, then my mother's nose. She sniffs me and moves to my sister. Seeing was a fairly new thing for me actually but I love it so much that I get up. It's time for adventuring! 

I yawn and stretch my body before walking out of the sleeping pile of my siblings. They didn't get it, they can see!  They should be walking around and using their legs that finally worked now! You know what? I'm gonna get Tom to play with me! 

I turn and jump up then pounce on him. He wakes up at that and yawns. I bite at him but I know it doesn't hurt. He finally gets up and crouches before jumping for me. We roll on the floor and playfully attack and nip at each other until we both stop. We hear the footsteps of someone and dash back to our mother to hide with her under something. Whenever we hear footsteps we hide. If we don't the man will come in and kick us out of the way. It hurts so hiding under something is always safer.  

The door opens and the feet of a man comes into view. The man is yelling angrily at someone but I hardly hear as I crawl deeper into my mother to avoid the loud sound. 

"This is your freaking problem! You wanted a dog and got a female! Now we have more mouths to feed without food!" The man screamed "I'm going to have to shoot them now!" 

"You can't shoot them!" A woman cried back. 

The door shut again and their muffled yelling slowly disappears. We wait for a moment before climbing out of our hiding spot. 

I sigh and walk over to the door then sit down in front of it. I wish I could see what was on the other side of this door, it would be so big I bet. My stomach growls and I whine. I don't remember the last time I had food. It had been a while, I knew that. 

My sister jumps on me and I smile then attack her back. 

I don't know her name. Only Tom got a name out of all of us, I suppose coming up with names for all seven of us would be hard. Maybe they ran out of ideas. Still, I wonder what it would be like to have a name to myself, my very own name! Tom was so lucky. 

The rest of the day I play with my family then go to sleep. Something strange happens though, a sound, like a clicking sound wakes me up. 

I lift my ears and open my eyes. The room is dark, but something is making that sound! 

"Mom!" I whisper loudly. I crawl out from under my sister and walk over to my mother's head. "Mom, what's that sound?" I ask. 

"Nothing sweetie, go back to sleep" Mother answers. 

"Oh, okay" I say with a nod as I turn to walk back to my spot  but I hear it again! I turn and walk past my mother "I'm gonna go figure out what it is" I whisper. 

She doesn't answer as I walk around the room, trying to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I walk behind a box and see it. A little bug! The bug rubs it's wings together and makes the clicking noise. '

I've never heard a bug make this noise before! 

"Hello?" I ask. 

The bug stops and jumps forward quickly, like a frog! I know what a frog is because one once jumped in the way of the door before the man opened it. I never saw that frog again. 

The bug jumps up and down before jumping forward. I walk over to it but then it jumps through a crack in the wall. I'm not sure if I can fit through it but I try. 

I push my head through then get my front paws and finally squeeze the rest out. Once I'm out of the crack I follow the bug as it jumps over floorboards, pennies, pencils, and other small things that I climb over. 

The bug then disappears through another crack, this one being wider but colder than the last. A breeze was coming from this one. 

I step through the crack and suddenly, my world expands! 

Everything gets louder, there are huge metal animals with lights that run by so quickly I can't even see them. The floor is hard, and the walls travel up revealing what mom has told me about before. 

"Beyond these walls is a city" She once said. "Where there is a sky and people!" 

I thought she was making up the stories but look at it now! She wasn't lying! My nose was infested with all of these smells I've never inhaled before! Then there was the sounds, it was so loud but so extraordinary! I walk a few feet around before something small scurries out in front of me. 

I stop then see a rat. I saw rats all the time! Normally Tom and I would bark at them and other times we would get the rats to tell us what they saw. 

"Hey pup, what are you doing?" The rat asked as it nibbled on something. 

I stare at him before my tail wags and I smile "I'm adventuring!" I exclaim "I've never seen the city before!" 

The rat laughed but coughed and chokes on something before glaring at me. "Well, stay away from the humans and find food quick!" and with that he scurried away. 

I turn and decide to get Tom to show him but then see one of the huge metal animals with the big lights coming straight for me. 

I gasp and turn then run. I run fast but trip a few times. The animal just gets closer and closer to me. In a last desperate attempt I jump to the side and behind a trashcan. The animal flies right by me and leaves me horrified and breathing hard. 

My heart beats faster than ever before but then I smile. "Wait till Tom hears about this!" I exclaim before turning to find Tom. 

I stop though, which way did I come again? I turn and look down one side of the building then down the other. I don't remember where the hole in the wall was! 

Oh no, mother will be so sad if I don't return! Tom won't have anyone to wake him up! No, I'll find the way back to the hole. How many holes in buildings could there be? I start to follow the wall on one direction and follow it for a long, long, LONG, time. 

Time skip three months...

I had long but given up trying to find my brother. It had been a while since I lost them and soon I grew too big to get through hardly any holes in the walls. It came down to trying to find something to eat. 

I had eaten lots that I had never tried before and played in the streets with the pigeons, though I don't think they liked playing very much. I had gotten used to the loud sounds and learned what most sounds meant. In fact, the metal animals were called cars, people got in them and I don't know what happens after that, just that their wheels smell funny. 

I had found that some people were very nice and threw food, others would try to kick or usher me away. I didn't like those people but I was always happy to be given food. 

Everyday I walked the streets and tried to play with the other dogs on the streets but they all growled and barked. The cats were worse, always hissing and scratching.

As it got colder I realized that there was less food to eat and everything was worse.

I walked the streets looking for food, my stomach growls and look up to the sky, sad that it's color was blocked with clouds. I felt miserable.

I miss my siblings, I miss playing with them, I miss my mom, I miss her warmth.

I sigh and lay down, wishing for a toy. That's when I hear something. Yelling. I turn my head to see a man running away from a man with a red head.

The man was holding what looked like a toy! My eyes widened and I stood up fast.

The man was running right to me! He wanted to play!

My tail wags and I jump up, wrapping my jaws around the toy.

The man gasped and tripped them fell to the ground.

I jump back, pulling the bag away from him while he crashes into trash cans.

The man with the red head stops and looks at me.

I look at him, my tail wagging.

The man looks back at the guy who wasn't getting up. I think he's sleeping from his heavy breathes.

Finally what sounds like a laugh escapes the man with the red head.

"You just took my guy out!" The man laughed.

My tail wagged faster and I jumped up. I like this game!

The man crouched down and held out a hand.

I walked over and he pet my head. Up close I realized the man was wearing a helmet thing. Was his face cold?

"You're a nice looking dog" The man said. "But I'm gonna need the bag back"

He put a hand on the bag but I want gonna let him have it that easily.

I pull away quickly with a muffled bark and jump away.

I look at him with my tail wagging.

The man scoffed "Listen buddy, in that bag is cash, I kinda need it to live because food costs money."

No it doesn't, food is found or maybe that's why I never have food. Well anyhow, this isn't food, it looks like a toy and this sounds like a game.

The man leans over to grab the bag but I turn and run.

"Freaking crap!" the man growls before jumping up and running after me.

I bark at him to keep up while I run down the street excitedly.

My heart is thumping an dmy lungs move fast, this is the mist gun I've had in forever!

"Get back here!" The man yelled as he leaped for me.

I avoid him and bark playfully.

He continues to run after me and I continue to run. We play for a few minutes before I run into a flock of pigeons who suddenly fly up.

This makes me yelp and drop the toy, shying away quickly in surprise.

The man crouches down and picks up the toy.

I smile at him and my tail wags. "Another game!" I bark at him excitedly.

The man looks at me and sighs "Thanks for the run but I gotta go." he leans down and pets my head again.

I like this man, he smells nice. He smells like seasoned food.

My tail wags excitedly but then he stands up and walks away.

I'm alone again. It's cold once more and everything seems dimmer. Nothing seems fun. I really liked our game though. He was the first human that I really did like.

I don't want to stay here all day, all night, all over again, so I follow him.

He walks down the streets and doesn't notice me for a while until I walk up to his feet.

He looks down and stops "No, I can't adopt a dog" He said, his pace quickening.

I keep following him down a few streets and though he protests, he doesn't kick me away.

"What are you gonna do when I get home?" The man asks me.

I have no idea what he's talking about but I like him more and more.

Soon the man reaches a building and stops at the door, stares at me and says "You gotta go, this is my home and I don't do dogs."

I sit down and stare at him willing him to just open the door.

The man opens the door but before I can even think of following him he closes it behind him.

I stare at the door and whine. He was gone again? But I thought me liked me.

I scratch at the door but it doesn't open again.

A few minutes go by as I scratch but in the end I just lay down at the door.

Oh well, I'll just sleep here tonight and tomorrow, I don't know, how long can he stay inside the building?

Jason's pov...

When I wake up I feel like crap. I roll over on my bed then get up. Last night was a mess. I had busted these gangster and found cash in a bag. Now in my book it's finders keepers losers weepers but once I flashed it at the bar, people got sticky fingers.

That guy was a punk but at least I got my money. Oh wait, the mutt techniqually got it. He was a good dog.

I take a shower but for some reason my mind goes back to that dog. I guess I have the dog to thanks for stopping the guy from running away with my money but I'm not gonna adopt it! I wonder if it's still outside my door.

I make up my mind that if it's still at my door, I'll let it in because that would be some determination.

After I'm dressed I go to the front door and open it, looking down. There wasn't a dog and I was disappointed until I heard a small yip to my left.

I turn my head and see the puppy from last night, barking at pigeons until they flew away.

I whistle and the dog turns around. I hold the door open and say "Come on"

The puppy runs over excitedly but then stops at the doorway, looking up at me questingly.

I nod "Yeah, come on"

I couldn't have sworn I saw a smile form on his face before he ran into the apartment.

I follow and close the door then walk to the kitchen.

"This isn't anything personal, I'm just repaying a favor seeing as you did help with last night" Jason said as he opened the fridge and looked for something to feed the dog "Even if I then had to chase you down"

The dog yipped excitedly and I smile at him. "I don't have dog food bug I have some deli meat that is gonna expire in a week if you want that". I said before shredding the meat up and putting it in a bowl.

I set the bowl down on the floor and watched as the dog slowly kept over to it then started to eat.

Can't help but smile at the pup as he excitedly ate like it was the first time he ever had food. It might have been.

When the dog finished I wondered what I should do with it. I can't keep a dog, I'm hardly even here as it is. I can't keep him. 

I think for a moment, trying to come up with a good place to send this dog. A dog pound would either put the dog down or set him out on the streets again. Why was having a dog so hard? Then an idea popped into my head. It wasn't that bad of an idea either. 

Titan  Pov... 

The man was so nice, I really like this entire place but even with how much I like it the man opens the front door again once he has his coat on. The man actually has a normal face when the red helmet was off and looked fun enough. 

"Come on" Jason said as he held the door open. 

I'm sitting on the couch and look down at the large drop before the floor. It's awfully far down to the grown. I pace back and forth on the couch before the man just picks me up and carries me. My eyes widen and my tail wags. I'm flying! 

The ground was so far down now and I move twice as fast as I normally do. I'm flying like birds do! 

Before I can think the man reaches his motorcycle. He thinks for a moment, wondering how this is going to work before putting me in his jacket and sipping it up to my head. 

"Yeah, another reason I shouldn't have a dog" He muttered before getting on the motorcycle and starting it. He pulls on a helmet and seen the world flies by as wind hits my face. 

This was magical! I'm adventuring again, just like when I was with mom! Wind was going by so fast I wondered what it would taste like. I stick my tongue out and taste....EVERYTHING! 

Oh wow! I taste bugs, hot dogs, smoke, air, bagels, turkey, roses, people, shampoo, and even ice cream! Oh it tastes so good! 

Soon the world slows down and I'm at a completely new place now. I'm still trapped in the man's sweater as he gets off of his motorcycles and walks to a really big house. 

I look around because the city has disappeared, where are all the buildings and people? Instead I see trees, plants, grass, and it smells so much different here. 

The man walks to the door and clicks something which makes a loud dinging sound. It honestly startles me and I hide in his jacket. He looks down at me before the door opens. 

"Master Jason, how are you?" An old man's voice said. 

Jason? Was that the name of this man? 

"Hey Alfred" Jason says. 

Was there another name? How many names did you need? I don't even have one. 

"Well come in Master Jason, so good to see you again" Alfred's voice rang. 

Jason unzipped his sweater and pulled me out. Whoa! Alfred looked strange, he also smelled like cookies and something warm. 

"Is that a dog?" Alfred asked. 

I look down at the floor, I wonder when I'll stop flying. 

"Yeah, I found him on the street and he followed me home." Jason said. "Thought I'd take him home since you got a brat who loves animals." 

Brat? Another name? 

At that moment a young boy walks down the large stairs. He had black hair and a facial expression I don't like, he must be Brat. My tail starts wagging then I see the dog that follows him. It was a big dog, a very nice black big dog. 

"Todd, what are you doing here?" The boy asked. 

I look around. Todd? Who's Todd? 

Jason walks over to Brat, holding me up still before holding me out to Brat. 

"Happy birthday, Damian!" Jason says loudly. 

So was Damian his name or what it Brat? I'm so confused. Maybe he has two name! Damian Brat. That's so cool! I want two names! 

Damian stares at me and I stare at him. He has green eyes that don't look that mean now that I'm closer. 

"My birthday was four months ago" Damian says but he reaches over and takes me away from Jason. He holds me and I lick his hands just to get a feel of what kind of person he is. Oh yuck! He tastes like soap but he smells like dogs! I like this Damian. 

"Early Christmas then" Jason says turning. "I think he's a Nova Scotia Retriever but I haven't cleaned him yet." 

Damian scrunches his nose at me. "He smells like you and the streets"  Damian grunts. 

Jason shrugs "Yeah well, he's been on both." 

Damian sighs and says "Fine, he'll need a bath, how old is he?" 

"No idea" Jason answers. 

Damian scowled "What's his name then?" 

"Oh I don't have a name" I say to Damian, but he doesn't seem to hear me. 

"Uh, Titan I guess?" Jason suggested. 

Damian scoffed "Titan?" 

Jason nodded and crossed his arms "Yeah, because you were a Teen Titan for like half a second." 

Damian rolled his eyes but looks at me. "Titan" He tested out the word trying to think if it fit me. 

I like Titan, and it was a name. It was my name now! 

"Fine, Titan will need a bath, proper training, and proper food since I'm sure you just fed him human food." 

Jason scoffed and held his hands out "What was I supposed to feed him?! I don't exactly carry dog food in the safe houses, I hardly even have food for myself!" 

Damian just ignores him as he walk upstairs, holding me. 

What happened next was funny. He put me in warm water and put this good smelling liquid all over me. After he wrapped me in a towel and tried to do something to my teeth. I didn't like that but it left my mouth tasting funny after. He also cut my nails which left me shocked. I hardly made a sound now! I could creep up on any pigeon now! 

Finally, I met the rest of the animals he had. Damian had a lot of animals, and they were all nice. 

First I met Titus who played with me but I won, every time! 

"Go easy on him Titus, he's just a puppy" Damian said before we played. I don't know what that means but either way I won. 

I also met Jerry who was frightening. Jerry made all sorts of sounds but never said anything. I barked at him and approached him many times but always ended up running away again. 

The fish had names, I just couldn't remember them all. Finally, my favorite, and newest best friend, Garret. Garret was so weird, I had no idea what he even was! 

He resembled a long rat weasel thing. He would always say things like "Leave me alone!" and "Insolent canine!" His voice was all squeaky though so I don't think he meant any of it and really just meant "Come play with me!" and "You're great!". 

I was so fond of Damian though. He pet me and talked all about random things that didn't matter like 'training'. 

But most importantly was that I wasn't on the streets anymore and at night, Damian let me sleep on his bed with him. The warmth coming off of him, Titus, Garret, and Pennyworth reminded me of one thing, my family and how we used to sleep together. 

I hope I won't lose this family this time because I really do like them. 

Hey! I hope you liked this story and found it entertaining enough! I don't think anyone else's origin story will get its own chapter like Titan's but instead they'll just be explained during a story that already is having a plot. Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for more chapters! If you like this story I make other batfamily stories if you ever need something else to read. Okay, see you later Battys! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 19 10
Requests sent in the first page or if anonymous DM me! I don't judge! Please read the dos and don'ts list on the first page!
Closer By Rain

Fanfiction

233K 7.2K 20
Bat Family book! Damian and Bruce have a big argument where Bruce kicks Damian out! With nowhere else to go, Damian turns to Jason. See how they bond...
77K 2.2K 16
Damian was happy and bright young man. Well that's what everyone thought at least.. But in reality he is a young boy struggling with depression. He w...
157K 1.7K 13
𝐛𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐳𝐥𝐞𝐝. ❝ Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled! ❞ batboy smut imagines. ❪ batboys 𝒙 you ❫ ╱ 2020.