Unrequited Love

By bibliomxniac

Mikhail Petrov. A name synonymous with ruthlessness in the city of Moscow. A man who brought even the stronge... More

A/N + DISCLAIMER
AESTHETIC + PLAYLIST
Prologue - Mikhail
Chapter 1 - Luciana
Chapter 2 - Mikhail
Chapter 3 - Luciana
Chapter 4 - Mikhail
Chapter 5 - Luciana
Chapter 6 - Mikhail
Chapter 7 - Luciana
Chapter 8 - Mikhail
Chapter 9 - Luciana
Chapter 10 - Luciana
Chapter 11 - Mikhail
Chapter 12 - Luciana
Chapter 13 - Mikhail
Chapter 14 - Luciana
Chapter 15 - Luciana
Chapter 16 - Mikhail
Chapter 17 - Luciana
Chapter 18 - Mikhail
Chapter 19 - Luciana
Chapter 20 - Mikhail
Chapter 21 - Luciana
Chapter 22 - Mikhail
Chapter 23 - Luciana
Chapter 24 - Luciana
Chapter 25 - Mikhail
Chapter 26 - Luciana
Chapter 27 - Mikhail
Chapter 28 - Luciana
Chapter 29 - Mikhail
Chapter 30 - Mikhail
Chapter 32 - Luciana
Chapter 33 - Mikhail
Chapter 34 - Luciana
Chapter 35 - Mikhail
Chapter 36 - Luciana
Chapter 37 - Mikhail
Chapter 38 - Luciana
Chapter 39 - Mikhail
Epilogue - Mikhail
Author's Note
Instagram Aesthetics
Novella Announcement
Book 2 Announcement

Chapter 31 - Luciana

2.8K 92 23
By bibliomxniac

Weeks turned into months as Mikhail and I spent the time in our own little bubble, surrounded by complete bliss. We spent every waking moment with each other as our nights were spent under the sheets until we were both utterly exhausted. Ever since we had confessed our feelings for each other, it felt like a weight had been lifted off of my chest. Months of fighting off the attraction had worn me out - it felt good to finally give in, especially now that I knew that we were on the same page. For the first time in my life, I felt like I had an actual chance at happiness. Although, a part of me was still ridden with guilt. Guilt of not coming clean to Mikhail about Ilaria's letters. To be honest, I hadn't touched another one of her letters after that night, and I didn't plan to either now. I just hadn't found the right time to tell him yet - I just couldn't find it in me to burst our little bubble and possibly ruin what we had. Call me selfish, but I didn't want to jinx anything. So like the coward that I was, I kept my mouth shut.

I had grown to ignore the pointed looks around me from Sergei whenever Mikhail and I would be around the house. Sofia, on the other hand, had been completely ecstatic when I came clean to her about Mikhail and I, two days after the day at the pond. She had held out her hand as Alexei slapped a couple of Ruble bills with a disgruntled face. Too happy to be lost in my world, I hadn't even batted an eyelash at that.

These past few weeks had gone by without a hitch as I fell into a routine. Waking up next to Mikhail, having breakfast with him, Sofia and Alexei in the morning - I don't think I'd ever get bored of Mikhail's affection towards me. One day, he had even taken me to a mall nearby as I dragged him from store to store and as he later on watched me scarf down an entire cheeseburger in a very unladylike manner, whilst chuckling to himself. I don't think that it could get better than this. Truly.

Sighing, I brought back my attention to Mikhail's head in my lap as we sat in the home theatre on the bottom floor of the mansion. My hands unconsciously ran through his soft locks as one hand lay on his hard chest. We were watching one of my all time favorite movies - Up. I had bawled about five times until now as Mikhail consoled me, albeit amused at my emotional distress. What can I say? I guess I really was a softie when it came to old people.

"Malyshka?"

"Hmm?" I murmured as my eyes stayed glued to the screen, too entranced by the animated film.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to the gala tonight."

"Gala? Which gala?" I questioned as I tore my gaze away from the 88 inch OLED screen.

"What is it for?"

"It's a ball of sorts for all the influential families in the Bratva. And since I'm the Pakhan and the Petrovs are the hosts, I have to bring a date. So I was wondering if you'd like to go with me...as uh my girlfriend?"

I smiled down cheekily as I watched my man - the big, bad Bratva leader - blush under my scrutiny.

"Mr Petrov...did you just ask me out?" I feigned innocence as I placed my hand on my chest.

Mikhail rolled his eyes as he lifted his head from my lap.

"Yes or no, malyshka? Because if it's a no, then I have better plans for the both of us. Plans that involve me being balls deep inside of you." He smirked as he quirked one eyebrow at me.

Slapping his chest, I turned my head to hide the smile that was now threatening to split my face in half.

"As much as I am tempted by that offer, I think we should attend the gala. So yes, I would love to go with you as your girlfriend." I replied as I cupped his face and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Well then, now that that's out of the way, I've got something planned for you right now." He huskily whispered as his eyes trailed over my face.

"Is that so?" I breathed out as my chest heaved with pure, primal desire.

"Mhmm." He murmured as he captured my lips in his, taking his own sweet time while assaulting them.

Just as we were about to take it a step further, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Throwing the phone to the side, he moved his lips down my throat as I threw my head, eager to feel his lips nipping and biting there. A buzzing sound filled the air as his phone flashed with the caller ID showing Alexei's name. Groaning, Mikhail lifted himself off of me as he stood up to pick up the call.

"Chto eto?" He snapped, no doubt frustrated at being cockblocked at this hour.

Mikhail's face grew somber as his brows furrowed. His back tensed as he hummed out a response in Russian that had my ovaries melting away. Hearing him speak in Russian would never get old to me - no matter how many times he did it.

"Ladno." He muttered as he finally disconnected the call.

Sitting back down, he rubbed a hand across his jaw as I sidled closer to him.

"Everything alright, mi amor?" I asked as I rubbed his shoulders, eager to relieve the tension there.

He sent me a grateful look as he folded his hands in his lap.

"There's been a theft in the warehouse. Alexei thinks it might be one of our men."

"Oh." I replied as my hands momentarily paused what they were doing.

"I'm going to have to go down there and look into the situation." He closed his eyes as his forehead creased.

"I don't want to go. I don't want to leave you." He added softly.

My heart burst with happiness and affection at his admission.

"I don't want you to leave either. But duty calls...right Pakhan?" I whispered as I tapped his chin lightly.

"I think I'm going to have to get you to start calling me Pakhan in bed now." He said lowly as a laugh slipped out of my mouth.

"Stop being so dirty all the time." I covered my face with my hands as I grinned.

"Can't help it, malyshka." He smiled cheekily as he tackled me in a big bear hug. Who'd have thought that this ruthless criminal could be such a big ol' teddy bear on the inside?

"You'll be fine right?" He confirmed as he got up, ready to leave.

"I'll be fine Mikhail. It's a matter of a while anyways. I'll be alright."

Nodding his head, he gave me a chaste kiss and a squeeze to the ass as he backed away.

"I'll see you directly at the gala then. I'll have your dress delivered to your malyshka."

"Alright." I smiled as I watched my man walk away reluctantly.

"Ya lyublyu vas."

"Te quiero cariño." I replied back as I watched him disappear from view.

It had become our thing. He'd say I love you to me in Russian, while I'd say the same back in Spanish. I don't think I'd ever get tired of hearing those words come out of his mouth.

***

I spent the next couple of hours finishing the movie and lounging around the house until the stylists that Mikhail had booked for me, came over to prep me for tonight's event. Finally after hours of being bored and spending my time talking to the cook in the kitchen while sneaking goodies, I heard the doorbell ring. I let the two ladies in the house as they strode forward, as if they already knew the house by heart. Well, okay then.

The next three hours were spent scrubbing and shaving every single part of my body after which the ladies got to work on me. Mindless Russian chatter filled my ears as one worked on my hair and the other worked on my makeup. I was perfectly capable of doing my own hair and make up - why Mikhail had called them was beyond me but, I wasn't going to question it if he wanted to pamper me a little bit.

Before I even knew it, I was staring back at a glammed up and highly sophisticated version of myself in the mirror. Even I had to admit that the two snobby ladies had done quite a wonderful job. I smiled politely at them as they exited the room, too excited to see the dress that Mikhail had picked out for me. I entered the walk in closet in my room as butterflies erupted in my stomach. I stopped in my tracks as I came face to face with the most beautiful dress that I had ever seen in my life.

I roamed my hands over the Etro dress as the elegant Bvlgari jewellery caught my eye. Beside it, I spotted a note attached with the familiar handwriting of the man that I had grown to love.

Malyshka,

I hope you like this dress that I have picked out for you. I thought it was fitting since white is the color for an angel - and you're my angel. Not to mention, you've been raving about it since you saw Ester Exposito wear it to the Venice Film Festival.

I can't wait to see you in it and take it off of you later tonight.

Ya lyublyu vas.

Mikhail

A giddy grin lit up my face at the fact that he had remembered such a little detail about me. I had gone on and on about Ester's dress the moment I had seen her wear it. And he had remembered that. Picking up the gown as gently as possible, I slipped my bathrobe off and lifted it over my head as I held it in a breath.

Turning to look at myself in the mirror, I was taken aback by the woman staring back at me. There was a long slit all the way up my right thigh as the front of the satin gown slipped down and hinted at a little bit of my cleavage. I twirled around in it before adding the lightweight jewellery that completed the entire look. Smiling and feeling like the luckiest woman alive at that moment, I stepped into the room and sat on the bed, waiting to be called down and driven to the location where I'd eventually meet Mikhail.

I still had another hour to spare as I contemplated going down to get something to eat. Right as I was about to get up, I spotted something white poking out from the table drawer - a drawer I had refused to touch ever since I'd decided since that day. Curiosity and pure temptation urged me to pull it open as I stared at the envelope that was filled to the brim with letters. Should I open it and read the rest of the letters? A battle ensued inside of me as I decided whether or not I should go back and read about those dark secrets. I still had a lot more time to spare, it wouldn't hurt to read a bit more. Besides, I already knew all that there was to know about Ilaria and Mikhail's past...right?

***

Oooohhh cliffhangers. We love those...right?😏

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story!

Follow me on Instagram @bibliomxniac for updates and more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 23.8K 79
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ Seth McCaslin's life hasn't been the happiest over the past few years. When a particularly depressing a...
349K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
36.2K 1K 47
Sergio Agosta was a killer who hid behind a charming smile - but a killer nonetheless. He'd learnt the hard way that actions always had consequences...
1.4M 32.2K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...