Behind Eyes of Red

By Deags58

This is our first fanfic so please keep that in mind, our story revolves around Katsuki Bakugo, we're going f... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: New Quirk
Chapter 2: Aspirations
Chapter 3: Never meet your heros
Chapter 5: Knotfest
CHAPTER 6: Sparks Fly
Chapter 6 Part 2: Ignition
Chapter 7: Godzilla
Chapter 8: Burnin Love
Chapter 9: Unconventional Recovery
Chapter 10: Heavy Burdens
Chapter 11: Memory Lane
Chapter 12: Breaking Point
Chapter 13: Bittersweet Revenge
Important Announcement
Chapter 14: A New Beginning???
Chapter 15: Old Wounds
Chapter 16: Blast from the past
Chapter 17: The Return
Chapter 18: (Unofficial) Business
Chapter 19: Business gets Personal
Chapter 20: I'm No Hero
Chapter 21: Actions bare Consequences
Chapter 22: Seeing a ghost, in the flesh
Chapter 23: Track'em Find'em Kill'em
Chapter 24: The Phoenix
Chapter 25: The Unsung Hero
Epilogue

Chapter 4: New Friends

238 13 21
By Deags58

New friends

The duo, shocked at what they had witnessed, decided it was time to leave before anything else happened Okay. That is until they were stopped by the police captain himself.
Cpt Yaoyorozu: And where do you two think you're going?
Izuku: W-Well sir uh..
Katsuki: You see sir, it's getting late and his mom must be worried sick about him, and maybe a little worried about me too.
Cpt: Ah I see.... That's very responsible of you two, I rarely see young men show so much respect to their parents, Well let me at least offer you a ride home, it's the least I could do to show my gratitude, overlooking the fact that you two did break the law, but in the process, saved my little Momo.

With that the Captain made a call to his limo driver to give the boys a ride home, but little did they know that they wouldn't be alone. The Captain as well as the two girls accompanied them as well. The drive home was fairly quiet, that is until they pulled up to izuku's house, the Captain decided to finally speak up.

Cpt: I'm sorry, I never got your names.
Izuku: oh, right, my name is Midoriya, Izuku Midoriya sir
Katsuki: Katsuki Bakugo, sir
Cpt: Well it's was nice to meet you gentlemen despite the circumstances, but allow me to give you boys some advice..... while what you did was heroic it was also very dangerous, wreckless, foolish, not to mention against the law...
Izuku: But sir we only meant to-
Cpt: *Raises his hand to politely interrupt Izuku so he can finish what he was saying* Nevertheless you did save Momo and Ms Jiro, so it's only fair that I turn a blind eye this time, but should this happen again, I'm afraid I won't be able to be as generous.

With those words of wisdom the boys thanked the Captain And exited the limo. Our duo go their separate ways into their respected homes, Izuku was met with a weeping Inko who began hugging her baby boy checking for Injuries, sadly, the same could not be the said for young Bakugo.....

Katsuki: *enters home* *sigh* Damn, what a long da.....
*SMACK*
Mitsuki: Are you fucking stupid!!!! Why would you go out and break the law like that!!! Risking everything I've worked for just to get arrested, and for what that quirkless excuse of a child and two girls who you have NO shot at?!?!
Katsuki: *holding his face with an expression of both exhaustion and irritation* what do you mean you hag!? I was only doing what a hero would do, being a hero isn't about fame or money it's about saving people!!!!
*SMACK*
Mitsuki: SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!, you're my meal ticket outta this dump and you can't get rich wasting your time saving people!!! Just go to your room no dinner tonight you worthless accident!!

Katsuki was fighting tears, not of pain but of anger. He goes to his room and replays the events that took place earlier that day, but one image in particular kept popping up in his mind, he could see the face of the girl he saved, the shy, short haired girl with long audio jacks hanging from her earlobes....

Katsuki: who was that girl? And why didn't she say anything to us? To me? Wait, why am I even thinking about her? I don't give a crap...

Across the street izuku had a similar train of thought running through his mind, but this girl was the raven haired daughter of Police Captain...
Izuku: Huh... so she's the captains daughter..... she was so... pretty *in a more depressed tone* I bet she'd never even give a second glance at a quirkless loser like me.. I didn't do anything to help, it was all Kachaan and his amazing quirk...*sigh*

With those thoughts in their heads the boys went to bed to rest before they resume their vigorous training once again, as spring break was just about to come to an end.

(The following morning)

The boys made their way to the beach which was still in a "much to be desired" state, but for only having a week they definitely made significant progress. Unbeknownst to them, they were about to have yet another interesting encounter...

(Elsewhere and earlier that morning)

Momo woke up that morning slightly confused, the reason being? She kept dreaming of the the day before when she and her best friend Kyoka were held hostage by a sludge monster thing, when she is met with the glowing gaze of a pair of emerald eyes, she then remembered the head of messy green and black hair that rushed over to assist them. Then all she hears is screaming followed by an explosion. As she recalls her dream she begins to feel a bit of a tingling sensation and a heat radiating from between her thighs, but is snapped out of it quickly when her phone rings. On the other line was her best friend since 1st grade Kyoka Jiro.
*over the phone*
Jiro: Yaomomo, are you alive?
Momo: Y-yeah I'm here.... I actually just woke up and was thinking
Jiro: Was it about yesterday?
Momo: H-how'd you know?
Jiro: Because that's all I've been thinking about too.... I even dreamt about it and those two boys that saved us.
Momo: Wow, oddly enough, so was I, I realized that we never thanked them for saving us, what with the whole All Might situation and all.
Jiro: That's true, we didn't, now I feel bad about it Yaomomo, you think we should try to reach out to them?
Momo: How? we don't even have a way to contact them, or know if they'll be home, not that I'm implying we show up at their doorstep, that'd be weird.
Jiro: Y-yeah, totally weird (she says as she looks off slightly blushing) it's okay, after your father dropped them off I heard them talking about going to some beach to train or something.
Momo: But which beach? They could be at any of them, is there anything else you remember them saying?
Jiro: Not that I was trying to eavesdrop, but I heard the blond one calling it "that dump" does that help?
Momo: Actually yes! I know exactly which one.

(AN: lazy author doesn't wanna explain how she knows the exact beach, that's the editors job)

Jiro: it's worth a shot, I'll get dressed and be right over...
Momo: got it.

They both hang up and begin to ready themselves for what they hope is their next encounter with their saviors.
As momo walks down stairs, she notices her parents aren't home but they left a note...
"Momo your mother and I have to go to the office for an important meeting we will most likely be back in time for dinner. Love mom" was elegantly written on a notepad that was left on a nearby table.
Welp don't gotta worry about that, as if On cue, her butler walks up to her letting her know that Jiro is outside. Mom goes to the door and greets her, the two girls start walking towards the beach both keeping quiet due to the fact that they are in deep thought about the previous day's events. They silently treaded on for what felt like mere moments but in reality was probably a good 20 minutes or so before arriving at the beach. Which was in fact, a "total dump"

Jiro: Hey Yaomomo, I forgot to ask, how did you know where this place was?
Momo: Oh, well I probably never mentioned this before but my father once owned this beach, he built our summer home on it since it was private, but after a while he grew to dislike the area so he demolished the house and opened the beach to the public, as you can see, they didn't maintain it very well.
Jiro: Wow Yaomomo, I knew your father was rich but I didn't think he had a private beach.
Momo: Oh you know my father, but the key word here is had.
Jiro: *nods in agreement* you're right, well let's just focus on why we're here shall we?
Momo: *smiles and nods*

(EN: There's your explanation, happy?)
(AN: Yes, tanks buddy)

The girls step onto the sand and see all the trash and debris scattered about. it's an absolute eyesore, however, they notice a small clearing ahead and what appears to be two figures in the distance. It looks as if the two figures are dragging abandoned refrigerators through the sand using ropes attached to their bodies.

Jiro: I think I see someone over there.
Momo: it has to be them right?
Jiro: I can't really tell from here, but I have an idea.

Jiro uses her quirk by planting her audio jacks in the sand below. And listens for vibrations through the sand, although it's very grainy (no pun intended) she hears the familiar voices.

Kachaan: Come on Deku, it's not that heavy, move your ass!
Deku: Easy for you to say, you were already in better shape than I was
Kachaan: Quit your whining Deku, this was your idea in the first place.
Deku: *sigh* sometimes I hate when you're right.
*Audible ripping sound*
Deku: Ah damn.
Kachaan: What was that?
Deku: Stupid rope ripped my shirt.
Kachaan: Screw it, just get rid of it
Deku: I'm not trying to walk around shirtless!
Kachaan: You're making a bigger deal of it than it needs to be, no one is around anyway *he grabs Deku's shirt and yanks it off, leaving him exposed*
Deku: Kachaan! *He wraps his arms around his body*
Kachaan: Relax Deku, I've been shirtless since we started.
Deku: Yeah but you chose that, I didn't
Kachaan: *slightly annoyed* Shut up, let's get back to work.

(Off in the distance)

*Jiro bolts upright with her face beet red*
Momo: What happened? Did you hear something?
Jiro: *shakes her head side to side to regain her composure* Uh.. yeah.. it's a little fuzzy because sound doesn't travel so well through sand, but I do recognize their voices, it's them.
Momo: Wow Jiro, I always forget how incredible your hearing is.
Jiro:*bashfully* T-thanks Yaomomo, *she clears her throat* before we go out there, maybe we should just watch them for a bit *she begins to blush* Y'know.. since we don't really know anything about them.
Momo: *realizing what her friend was up to, begins to grin* *sarcastically* Suuure, we can watch them from a distance, that'll definitely tell us everything we need to know.
Jiro: *slightly embarrassed* S-shut up
Momo: We should just go talk to them, they're just boys Jiro.

While Izuku and Katsuki were training they heard a voice approaching them, it seemed to call for their attention. They turn to see two figures heading in their direction, they don't yet know it's the two girls from yesterday, and immediately Izuku starts to freak out at the thought of someone seeing him shirtless, meanwhile, Katsuki is annoyed at first because Izuku was hiding behind him, but also because whoever it was, was distracting them from their task. Just before he was about to unleash hell on these strangers, he stops himself, he realized that he recognized one of them, it was.. HER. The girl from yesterday that he found himself thinking about for no reason. Katsuki noticed that as they were approaching, time felt as if it were slowing down. In his head Katsuki was very excited, but he didn't know why, he failed to notice the other girl next to her waving her arm and calling out to them.
(Same moment but through Izuku's perspective occurs) he remembered that Raven colored ponytail from yesterday and hid behind Katsuki in hopes that she doesn't see him bare chested.
Katsuki now grabs the extremely nervous Deku turns away from the girls and begins to loudly whisper to him.

Katsuki: Holy crap! It's those two from yesterday.
Deku: How'd they know we were here!?
Katsuki: How the hell should I know? I'm just as confused by this as you are.
Deku: Well what do we do??
Katsuki: Uh...

Before he could respond, they hear a voice coming from very nearby

Momo:*noticing the two in somewhat of a huddle* H-hello there
Izuku: *under his breath* General Kenobi
Katsuki: *slaps his head* Shut it, nerd
Jiro/Momo: huh????
Izuku: Oh! Uh.. nothing *begins to sweat nervously*
Momo: *geeks out internally because she understood what he said* *clears her throat* Anywho, Hi, I'm Momo and this here is Jiro, I don't know if you remember but-
Katsuki: You're the two from yesterday, *in a cocky tone* oh I remember, it's not every day you pull someone from a disgusting sludge monster.
Momo: *pouts* You didn't have to phrase it like that ya know?
Jiro: *quietly chuckles to herself at Momo's reaction*
Katsuki: *takes notice of Jiro's smile but turns away as to not show any vulnerability* Tch
Izuku: *nervously* Uh don't mind him, Kachaan's "people skills" are "rusty"
Jiro: Kachaan? *Snorts* that's a cute nickname
Momo: *giggles*
Katsuki: *slightly annoyed* Damn it Deku, why'd you have to call me that now?
Deku: S-sorry, force of habit.
Katsuki: *turns back to the girls* So what did you guys want?
Momo: *unamused* how charming, well, we realized that we never actually thanked you both for saving our lives yesterday.
Deku: Oh, you didn't have to do-
Katsuki: Tch, it's fine, now if you don't mind, we were training until you distracted us.
Izuku: Kachaan, be nice, they came all this way, we should at least hear her out.

Hearing those words made Momo smile

Jiro: I-I'm sorry for Momo's high energy way of expressing gratitude, she means well, I promise, she insisted on coming, I agreed to but was hoping not to bother you guys.
Momo: What my very shy friend here meant to say was, if you guys aren't busy one of these days, maybe we could treat you boys to a smoothie as a proper thank you for yesterday
Katsuki: *looks at Jiro who is twiddling her thumbs while looking at her feet* I appreciate the offer but-

He's cut off by Izuku's enthusiastic reply

Izuku: We'd love to! A smoothie sounds amazing after having the sun beat down on us all day *he said with a bright smile on his face*
Momo: Wonderful! Here, please accept this. *She hands Deku a slip of paper with her phone number neatly written on it* Feel free to reach out to let us know when you'd like to meet later. *She said with a smile*
Izuku: *takes the paper while trying to contain his excitement* Sounds great.

Momo takes a step back and looks over to Jiro who is still twiddling her thumbs, she waits for a moment before giving her a nudge and a nod towards Katsuki, he notices and looks at her slightly puzzled.

Momo: *quietly* Go on
Jiro: *flustered* Ok ok jeez

Jiro takes a couple steps forward while her right hand holds her left arm, in her hand is a small piece of paper

Jiro: So, yeah... in case your friend can't reach Momo for any reason... *brings her arm up to present the paper to him*
Katsuki: ...
Jiro: *now getting nervous*
Katsuki: *silently reaches up and takes the paper that has Jiro's phone number scribbled on it* Thanks
Jiro: *looking away* S-sure.

Jiro returns to Momo's side.

Momo: Well I don't want to take up more of your time, we'll be seeing you later though right?
Izuku: Yeah, absolutely
Momo: Don't train too hard, wouldn't want you to get a sun burn *she says as she suggestively looks up and down at the shirtless Izuku in front of her*
Izuku: *Realizes he's still without a shirt and goes back to hiding behind Katsuki*
Momo: bye boys *she gives them a friendly wave before turning away*
Izuku: B-bye
Jiro: *smiles as she turns away to follow her friend*
Katsuki: ...
Izuku: Kachaan, you ok?
Katsuki: ....
Izuku: Kachaan?
Katsuki: ....... What the hell just happened?
Izuku: *shrugs* Come on, let's get back to work.

(In Katsuki's head he replays the moment of Jiro holding out the paper for him, he remembers the look on her face and finds himself starting to smile)

Katsuki: Right.

(Back with the girls)
Momo and Jiro are making their way back to Momo's house and are having a chat along the way.

Momo: Wow Jiro I can't believe you actually had your number already written down *nudges her*
Jiro: Cut it out, I wasn't planning that or anything
Momo: *giggles* of course your weren't
Jiro: Well what about you? You had your number written down too, I saw the little heart you drew next to your name.
Momo: (shamelessly) Well of course I had it ready, I really wanted to talk to that green haired boy, he didn't look half bad without a shirt *she smirked*
Jiro: *thinking back at seeing Bakugo shirtless* *she starts to blush so she shakes her head to snap out of it* Sure if you like that sort of thing
Momo: it was so adorable how shy you were giving that boy your number.
Jiro: Stop it Yaomomo! You're so mean!
Momo: Oh come on now, I was only joking, but he did accept your number didn't he?
Jiro: *almost pouting* yeah, so what?
Momo: Maybe he thinks you're cute.
Jiro: ......

The girls continued their talk as they headed back, Momo of course teasing Jiro about her possible crush on the blond haired bomber boy, Jiro trying to turn it around on her but to no avail because she's not as introverted.

The boys went about their training until the sun got low, they decided to call it a day and grab a bite before heading home.

(At the restaurant the boys are sitting and having their meal)

Kachaan: So when did you become so confident?
Deku: what do you mean?
Kachaan: I saw the way your eyes practically popped out of your head when she held out her number for you, surprised you didn't pee yourself hahaha
Deku: Kachaan.... Shut your face.
Kachaan: YOU SHUT THE FUCKIN FACE!
Deku: Hey hey, lower your voice, we're still indoors
Kachaan: Anyways, you never told me how you managed to actually talk to a girl without freezing.
Deku: I-I don't really know, something inside me really wanted me to talk to her I guess.
Kachaan: You're lucky they didn't hear your nerdy comment, you could have blew it for us both.
Deku: Us both huh? Ahhh so I wasn't the only one smitten by a girl hahaha
Kachaan: Shut it, I only took her number because I saw how much you wanted that damn smoothie.
Deku: *now confidently smirking* Oh yeah? Then why'd you save her number under the name "Ears" hmmm? Cute name by the way
Kachaan: Deku!!

Izuku begins to laugh as Katsuki somewhat playfully puts him in a head a headlock in the middle of the restaurant.

(Fast forward)
The boys are now at Izuku's house since Katsuki wasn't really in the mood to deal with the hag of the house, especially since he was in a particularly good mood today (I wonder why) Inko of course welcomed him to stay the night but the boys never mentioned why they really wanted to stick together for the night, boys will be boys afterall. While the boys were relaxing in Izuku's room, Katsuki was staring at his phone deep in thought. Looking at the contact in his phone labeled "Ears". He sighs, locks his phone and closes his eyes until a dinging sound causes his eyes to shoot open and reach for his phone but he is brought back to reality when he realizes it was Izuku's phone.

*Tap tap tap* *zoom* *ding ding* *tap tap tap tap tap* *zoom* *ding ding*
The repetitive sounds of a text conversation were simultaneously irritating and depressing Katsuki as he sat there silently.

Kachaan: Your giggling is starting to annoy me, what are you doing?
Deku: Huh? Oh, sorry Kachaan, I was actually texting that Momo girl, she's so funny, turns out we have alot in common.
Kachaan: Well can you do it a little quieter? I'm trying to sleep.
Deku: Alright, I'll turn the sound off, sorry

Meanwhile in the conversation between Momo and Izuku

Izuku: you might be a little too funny, Kachaan just told me my giggling was annoying him 😅
Momo: lol I'm sorry about that 😅😅
Izuku: No worries, he's always a little crabby 🦀🦀
Momo: Omg 😂😂
Momo: Hey I wanted to ask you about something
Izuku: hm?
Momo: Isn't his name Katsuki?
Izuku: Yeah it is, why do you ask?
Momo: I noticed every time you refer to him, you call him "Kachaan" I was curious as to why 🤔
Izuku: Oh that haha, well that's what I've called him since we were kids, it was a nickname I came up with years ago, pretty much the same story as to why he calls me Deku
Momo: knowing that lessens the confusion tbh, and I like Deku, it's kinda cute
Izuku: glad I can clear that up, and Deku it is! 😳
Izuku: Hey Momo?
Momo: Yeah?
Izuku: I have to confess something, I feel a little bad rn
Momo: why's that?
Izuku: I think I made Kachaan a little jealous by texting you
Momo: Jealous how? I didn't think he was capable of that
Izuku: well when I left my phone on my night stand, it went off, but he reached for his phone, he seemed a little disappointed when he realized it was mine
Momo: oh... hang on, brb girl stuff
Izuku: sure thing 😊

From the other side of the conversation we see the girls also having a sleepover, Momo had been texting non stop for a while, while Jiro sat silently strumming her guitar. Momo looks over to her friend, sets down her phone and decides to break the ice.

Momo: Hey Jiro
Jiro: Yeah?
Momo: Are you okay?
Jiro: Peachy, why?
Momo: Because You're strumming that "snuff" song again
Jiro: ..... Okay and?
Momo: Oh come on, I know that's THE song you play when you're in your feels....
Jiro: *sighs* Sooo what, it's a good song
Momo: I swear you're so dense even with your own heart..... text him *she said softly*
Jiro: *she quickly looks at Momo and begins to blush* what??
Momo: You know you want to.
Jiro: Okay fine, I do, but how do I know he'll even respond...*looking down*
Momo: Well.... You know izuku told me that katsuki did seem a bit down maybe this is why *nudging her shoulder*
Jiro: *perking up* Really?... Well maybe I should reach out to him
Momo: Oh you little flirt
Jiro: Gah, it's not even like that Yaomomo
Momo: Oh come on I saw you looking him up and down
Jiro: Ok! ok..... he is.... Pretty cute
Momo: I knew it!!! Oh by the way I was lying about seeing you look at him like that, I just wanted a confession
Jiro: Momo you bi-
Momo: *lightly hits Jiro in the face with a pillow* Jiros got a cruuush *she said in a teasing manner*
Jiro: *raising her own pillow* Oh it's on now
Momo: *screams and runs away*
Jiro: *chases after her while blindly swinging her pillow*

After the whole chase ensued and Jiro got her revenge on her bratty best friend, they finally settled back down, Momo resumed her conversation with Izuku and as for Jiro, well, she's trying to muster up the courage to text Katsuki.

Jiro: *picks up her phone and takes a deap breath* Ok, I can do this, he's just a boy after all.
Momo: Don't overthink it.
Jiro: Yaomomo, do you mind? I'm trying to get into the right mindset here
Momo: fine fine, but seriously, stop overthinking it, just say hi
Jiro: alright.. *quietly to herself* here goes
*Tap tap* *zoom*

Back with the boys...

*Ding* Katsuki's phone lights up with a notification that says "new text message from "ears"" when he sees this, he jolts up and stares at the screen for a moment before unlocking his phone and reading the message.

Ears: Hi

Katsuki stares at the message for what felt like hours but was only seconds, he was pondering and looking for the best response, he was having trouble because he wasn't really the texting type like Izuku. He finally thought of the perfect response...

Katsuki: Hey
Ears: How's it going?
Katsuki: Good, I guess
Ears: Oh, well.... Nice night isn't it?
Katsuki: Did Deku put you up to this? I told that nerd I wasn't depressed!

Reading that message sparked a bit of hope in her heart, she thought he was just as nervous to talk to her as she was to talk to him so it helped her relax a bit.

Ears: Huh? Oh no, to be honest, Momo kind of had a hand in it
Ears: Not that I'm against talking to you or anything
Ears: it was a little like peer pressure

Realizing that she actually wanted to talk to him lifted his spirits, he began to be less skeptical about her intentions.

Katsuki: So you're telling me that she has to make you talk to me?
Ears: When you put it that way it sounds terrible
Katsuki: Didn't mean it like that, I actually get it, in fact it explains alot about what's happening on my end
Ears: Wdym?
Katsuki: I won't name any names but a certain green haired nerd looking at me and snickering any time he hears me type...
Katsuki: In fact, hang on
Ears: ?

Katsuki looks away from his phone and turns to Izuku.

Kachaan: Knock it off!!! I know what you did!
Deku: *in a smug British accent* I haven't the foggiest my dear Kachaan.
Kachaan: .... Shut up.

He then returns back to his phone and resumes the conversation as the smug Izuku continues to snicker and type away.

Katsuki: My bad, had to deal with a little pest problem
Ears: Is your best friend also being a cheeky little shit?
Katsuki: Huh, never expected someone so shy to use language like that
Ears: And I never expected someone as brash as you to hold a text conversation
Katsuki: ......
Katsuki: Touché

Jiro giggled as she read that response and of course Momo took notice of that, and she continued to, as Jiro put it, be a "cheeky little shit". The four teens tapped away on their phones, sharing details about what was currently happening around them, the snickering, the giggling, the teasing and what have you, until it got pretty late, they all said their farewells in different ways, but unbeknownst to Katsuki and Jiro, the other two had already made plans for the four of them to meet the next morning.

Fast forward to the next morning.
Izuku's alarm goes off causing Katsuki to quickly sit upright and immediately pelt Izuku and the alarm with a pillow.

Kachaan: Shut that thing off Deku!
Deku: *groggily* hrngh what? *Looks at his phone that is blaring an alarm* Oh, right *silences his phone* *yawns*
Kachaan: Why do you have an alarm set anyway?
Deku: Well.... Ya see.... The thing is...
Kachaan: Out with it Deku, I'm trying to go back to sleep
Deku: I kinda... made plans with Momo for this morning
Kachaan: Tch, like I care, I'm going back to sleep *he plops face down onto his pillow*
Deku: I need you to come with me
Kachaan: *into the pillow* What the hell for?
Deku: Well...
Kachaan: *long angry groan*
Deku: *now being cheeky* Jiro will be there.

Hearing this made Katsuki's eyes shoot open and he slowly turned his head to the side revealing one eye and his annoyed glare staring daggers at his best friend whom was still smirking.

Kachaan: .......
Kachaan: .......
Kachaan: .......
Kachaan: I hate you.
Deku: Haha you love me
Kachaan: *angrily jumps up and runs after Deku*
Deku: *screams and runs into the nearby bathroom*
Inko: Boys, everything ok up there?
Both simultaneously: Everything is fine!!

The boys began getting dressed for their meeting with the girls, Izuku of course taking his time, making sure his clothes are neat, his teeth are brushed, his hair... well still a mess but it works for him, Katsuki on the other hand kind of just threw on the extra clothes he brought with him, but he seemed a little more enthusiastic than usual to have fresh breath.
Meanwhile on the other end, the girls spent the night at Jiro's house this time, because it's closer to the smoothie shop Momo had invited the boys to, they are up just as early and are doing their own preparations, Momo of course trying to pick a really cute outfit and makeup to match with, while Jiro casually looks in her closet to find an outfit she's "feeling" for the day. The four teens all finish getting ready, they make their way to the smoothie shop, the girls got theirs first and ordered for the boys, they had a chat until they noticed a head of spikey blond hair and a messy nest of green and black enter the shop, they greet them, hand them each a smoothie, Momo of course handing Izuku the one she ordered him, and Jiro nervously handing Katsuki the one she hoped he'd like, they all have a seat at a table and make small talk, mostly Izuku and Momo while Jiro occasionally chimed in in an effort to come out of her shell, but Katsuki mostly just sat there, trying not to stare at Jiro despite really wanting to talk to her. He doesn't know much about her so he doesn't know what they have in common, if only there were something they both liked, maybe then, he'd have a reason to randomly text her. As the four were hanging out something came on the TV that caught Katsuki's attention, it was a promo for an upcoming music event.

Katsuki: No fucking way! Knot fest is happening here??!
*The other three were startled at his sudden outburst*
Izuku/Momo: Huh??
Jiro: *looks at the TV while the promo was still going, her eyes widened with excitement*
Izuku: What's a knot fest?
Katsuki: What do you mean what's knot fest?
Momo: Is that some kind rope thing?
Katsuki: Are you serious ponytail!?
Jiro: Knot fest is this awesome event where Slipknot performs all their best hits and really just gets the crowd going
Katsuki:*visually stunned*
Jiro: I hear the mosh pits are always insane *she says with more enthusiasm*
Izuku: What's a Slipknot?
Momo: I believe it's a knot you tie in a rope to-
Jiro: I'm gonna stop you right there Yaomomo, Slipknot is this sick band with 9 members that all wear these awesome masks, how do you not know this? You hear me playing one of their songs all the time.
Momo: I never actually knew who's song you were playing if I'm being honest *she said nervously*
Katsuki: *still stunned and staring at Jiro*
Izuku: what type of music do they play?
Jiro: Only the most badass rock anyone could ever play.
Katsuki: .... *Dog barking in his head*
Jiro: *looks off in a different direction* I've actually always wanted to go to knot fest but Yaomomo here isn't exactly the moshing type.
Momo/Izuku: what's moshing?
Jiro: I swear you two... *looks at the still stunned Katsuki* Hey, you good?
Katsuki: *Snaps out of it* Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, brain freeze *takes a sip of his smoothie*

Momo catching on to what was happening, had gotten up and gave Izuku a subtle look that said " follow me". They walked over the napkins when Momo started coming up with a plan to get the other two together.

Momo: ok just act casual like we are getting napkins.
Izuku: *starts whistling*
Momo: *smacks him* BAKA, too casual
izuku: Sorry, I don't normally have to act casual hehe, anyways go on
Momo: Okay, so I'm pretty sure I can get tickets to that knotfest or whatever it's called.
Izuku: Aaaaand why would you get those?? I thought you didn't like that kind of music
Momo: I don't, but it's not for me, did you notice how Katsuki was staring at Jiro when she went on about the band?
Izuku: Now that you mention it, yeah he was quiet, which is rare, and had a sparkle in his eye after she explained the event to us, and what's more interesting is that he too knew about the band....
Momo: This is our chance.
Izuku: Chance for what exactly?
Momo: Come on, they clearly like each other
Izuku: Wait she likes him too!
Momo: Keep your voice down, they'll hear you.
Izuku: Sorry.
Momo: I think I can get special passes but unfortunately we will have to go as well, to keep an eye on them and give them a "push" if needed.
Izuku: Hmmmm screw it, I'm in.
Momo: Great, just try to convince katsuki to be ready this Saturday and I'll take care of the rest.
Izuku: *nods* Roger that.
Momo: Great now let's get back, I don't wanna raise any suspicion.
Izuku: Right.

As the week went on, Jiro and katsuki started texting a lot more while dealing with the pests they called friends, constantly teasing them for being soo social. They basically talked about anything and everything Jiro even brought up knotfest and how cool it would be to go.

Jiro: Hey Katsuki, quick question
Katsuki: Yeah?
Jiro: Why didn't you mention you were a fan of Slipknot? I saw your reactions the other day while I was talking about the festival.
Katsuki: To be fair, no one really asks, but yeah I do enjoy Slipknot's music, they're actually my favorite band, something about the lyrics and Cory Taylor's voice/ scream kinda calms me down which sounds odd considering most people hear the music and think " what's he saying?" and all that.
Jiro: omg I totally agree! Those people are so uncultured, so... what's your favorite song?
Katsuki: Huh... well if I had to pick just one...... I think I'd go with "Devil in I"
Jiro: That's a very deep song, it's somewhat surprising to know you'd favor that one.
Katsuki: what are you trying to say?!?!?
Jiro: Jeez, calm down boomy, it's a good song, but I never would have expected the blond bomber to like a song like that.
Katsuki: Boomy? *That caught him so off guard that he almost blushed* wow Ears, you really got a way with names, anyway, what's your favorite song?
Jiro: Ears? And you imply I'm bad with names haha, but hmm that's a hard one, tbh I'd have to say snuff... idk if you ever heard it but its a side of Cory you don't really hear.
Katsuki: *thinking*hmm that's is a great song too, kinda sad... I may have heard it once or twice.
Jiro: Not many people know of it cuz it's considered a ballad. But just think how cool it'd be to go to knotfest....
Katsuki: I had a chance before but I wouldn't wanna go alone with Deku, he wouldn't know good music if it bashed a guitar over his head.
Jiro: *thinking* Screw it, may as well take my shot.. oh? who would you go with
Katsuki: *thinking* oh crap, what do I say? I don't want her to think I'm some desperate creep.. I mean... I haven't met too many people who like them enough to want to go.
Jiro: Not many people are dedicated maggots.
Katsuki: *thinking* holy crap she knows what they call their fans too??.. yeah... if only I could get some tickets
Jiro: Wouldn't you have the same problem as before?
Katsuki: *thinking* Screw it... Nah, finally met someone I'd invite along, someone who'd actually appreciate it
Jiro: *beginning to blush* *thinking* does he mean me??? W-who might that be?
Katsuki: Come on Ears, do I gotta spell it out for ya? You're the person I met who likes them as much as I do
Jiro: *heart racing* Really? You'd invite me?
Katsuki: *trying to hide the fact that he really wants to go with her* well it's either you or Deku, and he'd kill the whole vibe, so yeah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
468K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
320K 9.6K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
218K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...