The Bug Bites

By _anx21s_

A series of one-shots featuring stories from other writers and myself from different ships (adrienette, dami... More

Next Steps
1- Break a leg
2-Sleep Deprived
3-Second Impression
5- One Single Chance
6-Unconditionally
7- Black Winged Angel
8-Just a dress
9- Murderous
Not a story!!
10- My Wife?
11- Wins and Losses
12-Intrusive Thoughts
13- Dancing, Dinner, and Desirous Pursuit
14- Lovelace
15- Strawberry cake and mint frosting
16- I'm into you
17-Something Amazing
18- Spelled
19- Cats in the Bag
20-Fifteen Hour Train
21-Love at First Stab
22-Only me
23-Switch
24- Touch Down
25- Pink Roses
26- Five Minutes
27-Mine to Protect
Ideas
Idea's Part 2

4- One Single day

1K 25 9
By _anx21s_

Felix Agreste had spent his whole life being compared to his cousin. The oh-so-perfect Adrien, the model, the perfect fencer, the boy that was always so smart and perfect . It had always sickened Felix to be compared in such a way. Wasn't he enough? Could Felix never be enough for anyone?

Here he sat, across the dining room table from that perfect brat. His hands clenched slightly when he heard his uncle's assistant come in, telling Adrien that he had a visitor. Of course, Mister Sunshine would have a visitor, probably a girl from the perfect Adrien's Fanclub.

When Adrien left the room, Felix soon followed after, wanting to see what one of his cousin's little groupies looked like. She was not what he had expected. He had been expecting a blonde dressed in a provocative way to get Adrien to look at her, to notice her. He hadn't expected the cute raven-haired girl standing in the main hall with Adrien, stuttering over her words as she handed him a binder.

"Thank you for letting me note your borrows, Adrien..." She stammered out before going crimson, tugging on one of her pigtails. The action was almost endearing. "I mean borrow your notes! Sorry.."

"I just hope they were helpful, Marinette. But hey, helping each other is what friends are for, right?" His idiotic cousin grinned, and from his vantage point, Felix could see the girl deflate a bit.

"Yeah, what are friends for." Disappointment lingered at the edge of Marinette's voice, but she still kept her cheery smile. Felix smirked, watching as the two friends exchanged a smile, and Marinette was shown to the door.

Adrien was an idiot; that much was clear to Felix. Such a cute girl, one who seemed actually decent, and he didn't try to get anything out of her? Just restricted her to the friend-zone? That just pissed him off, girls seemed to avoid Felix, yet Adrien hadn't taken full advantage of his own popularity.

Well, if Adrien didn't want her, Felix would take her for himself. It could be fun, having a little fling with a cute Parisian girl while he was here, then he could go and feel smug about one-upping his pathetic cousin.

But first, to get the girl.

His cousin and uncle were idiots. Everyone in the damned mansion was an idiot. No one had looked his way when he had left the mansion, looking like a perfect replica of Adrien. His cousin had been too preoccupied watching some news footage of the Ladybug hero he'd seemed to be obsessed with, and Nathalie was off someplace, probably sleeping with his uncle, if Felix had to guess.

So he strolled along the streets of Paris and basked in the glory of being his cousin, seeing groups of girls look his way and giggle, trying to urge one of the members to go over and get his autograph, random people on the street snapped pictures of him, or stopped him to say they were such big fans of his work. And Felix soaked in all the love and adoration.

And when he rounded a corner, there was Marinette. She seemed to be looking at something on her phone, not quite paying attention. Felix smiled and stood still, letting her walk right into him so that he could take her into his arms as if to steady her.

"A- Adrien?! Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, I was so caught up in this conversation, I wasn't watching where I was going!" Felix had to bite back a smirk as he watched Marinette go crimson, stammering like a fool. His cousin really was an idiot for not trying to get a date out of this one. He wondered what her reaction would be if he kissed her to stop that stammering. He thought against it, not wanting to give the girl a heart attack.

"It's alright; I was looking for you anyways." Felix gave a perfect replica of his cousin's signature smile, then forced himself to blush. "Listen, Marinette, I was wondering if you wanted to grab some lunch with me?

"Lunch?" Marinette met Felix's gaze, and he felt as if he had been punched in the gut. Her eyes were so blue, so bright. He hadn't expected her to be so pretty. He felt guilt beginning to gnaw at his gut but chose to ignore it. "Like, have lunch together?"

"Yeah, that's what people usually do on a date, right?" Felix winked at her, and Marinette went red and looked as if she were about to faint. He kept his grip on her forearm, his smile turning a bit shy. "I realize... I've been foolish, lately, not realizing how awesome of a girl you are, Marinette. I really want to try and maybe, I dunno, have a few dates with you?"

"Dates with me?" Marinette beamed now, her body trembling ever so slightly. She bit her lower lip and nodded eagerly, too happy for words. It was like a dream come true. Adrien was asking her out on a date! She wanted to pinch herself but was too afraid to wake up. "I'd love that, Adrien, I really would!"

-----

Felix had to admit, she was quite adorable and sweet. He watched as she sipped on her milkshake, her blush and stuttering having now calmed down. Her freckles were just adorable, splashed across her nose. Those soft, rosy lips of hers that always seemed ready with a beautiful smile... He watched her, finding himself liking her pigtails, though he still thought of pigtails as childish. Maybe he could convince her to let her hair down.

"Adrien, I want to thank you for... For taking me out for milkshakes..." She spoke, her cheeks still rosy from being in his presence. She bit her lip to keep from squealing when he gripped her hand. Felix chuckled, practically hearing her heart pound

"I was stupid for not seeing how lovely you are, Marinette. I want to have an amazing girl like you as my girlfriend."

"What, wait, girlfriend?" Marinette was on her feet in seconds, covering her red cheeks with her hands. She stared at Felix, and he gave her a smile and stood, taking her hand and pulling her close. Their milkshakes forgotten, he guided her out of the cafe.

"Yeah, and couples usually go to the movies together, right?" Felix grinned when he drew her close, stroking her red cheek. She was just so cute, so much fun. He just couldn't wait to rub it in his cousin's face that he went out on a date with one of his dear 'friends'. That he got to do so much more than his perfect cousin ever could! Rub it in that stupid, dopey face of his what Marinette tasted like when he finally got to kiss the silly girl.

"Is everything okay, Adrien?" Felix snapped out of his thoughts when Marinette cupped his cheek, concern clear in those large blue eyes of hers. Felix was almost stunned by how concerned she looked for him. Not, not him... For Adrien. The thought left a sour taste in his mouth.

"I'm fine. I just got into a fight when my father today." He nuzzled her hand, his eyes sliding shut. She was so soft... "Marinette, please... I need to distract myself today.

"I'll do anything to help you." She whispered, taking his hand. Felix found himself smiling as they headed towards the movie theatres.

-----

It was a long day. They had gone and watched a romantic movie, where Felix had held Marinette's hand the entire time. They had gone for a walk in the park, enjoying a shared ice cream cone from Andre's.

"Blueberry, strawberry, and blackberry for you, as the love you share will be a dream come true." Andre sang out as he handed the two of them their ice cream, smiling to himself as he watched the two of them walk off, though something felt... Off, about the boy. He appeared to be Adrien, but it did not feel like him. But he could see those two were destined for each other, as long as they did nothing to tear those threads of fate.

After the ice cream, they found themselves on a bridge, staring up at the starry skies. Felix wrapped his arm around Marinette's waist and pulled her close, smiling to himself when she laid her head on his shoulder. She was so... So real. She was different from the people he had been surrounded with his entire life, faking interest just to get in the good graces of his powerful family name. She just wanted him. No, she just wanted Adrien. She'd never want Felix...

"This was a perfect day," Marinette whispered as they stared up at the moon. She turned fully in his embrace, that kind, loving smile bright, her stuttering seeming to have ceased. Kind of. Felix felt his heart skip a beat. "I- Er.. Well, I want to get this off my chest before I lose my nerve. I love you. I've loved you ever since that day you gave me your umbrella. You're so amazing, so kind and generous, willing to do anything for your friends. I never hated you, Adrien, I was just so scared that I'd mess everything up. But I love you, Adrien, with all of my heart and soul."

Felix rested his forehead against Marinette's and felt the tears burn his eyes. He wished so-desperately that that confession was for him, his and his alone. But it never would be. He realized she never would be his. She was in love with his cousin, and that thought made him feel scraped-raw inside.

Why the fuck was that fair? His cousin didn't seem to pursue her, this girl who was so full of kindness and real, true love that Felix was so starved for.

He should have stepped back right then and there. He should have come clean, explain the prank, and take her fury right then. But he didn't. Instead, he kissed her. And she tasted just as sweet as he thought she would.

"Felix, what the hell?!" The duo pulled apart and turned to see Adrien storming towards them, a look of fury in his eyes. He grabbed Felix by the arm and roughly pulled him away from Marinette, sending her stumbling into the bridge's railing. "There you are! What the hell were you thinking, stealing my clothes and heading out into Paris alone?!"

"Be careful, you idiot; you could have hurt Marinette!" Felix snapped back at his cousin, turning to see if she was alright, but the confused look in her eyes gave him pause.

"That's another thing; why the hell were you kissing Marinette?! Felix, you don't even know her!" Adrien threw his hands up in the air, looking completely stunned at the fact.

"I wanted to pull a goddamn harmless prank, Adrien, and go on a date with the girl you clearly overlooking." Felix felt his temper spike but tried to calm himself. What right did he have to get mad?

"What are you talking about? I'd never date Marinette! She's just a friend! I'm in love with Ladybug, not her!" Adrien grabbed his cousin's wrist, looking as if he wanted to punch his cousin.

Before either could get out another word, a shaky sob cut through it all.

Both boys glanced over to see Marinette hugging herself as she stared at them, shaken and sobbing. The hot tears streamed down her blotchy cheeks as she tried to curl into herself.

"Marinette..." Felix reached out for her, but she viciously slapped his hand away.

"Was that all I was to you? A joke?" Marinette whispered, her red-rimmed eyes meeting Felix's."Well, I hope you got a good laugh out of it. A laugh out of making me think the boy I loved was actually interested in me. A laugh out of making me realize that he'd..."

Her breathing hitched and another heart-wrenching sob let her.

"That he'd never love a stupid girl like me... I hope you got a real good laugh."

She turned on her heel and bolted away, sobbing loudly into her hands, just as a crack of thunder rattled the sky, and rain began to pour, the clouds covering the once bright moon.

Felix stared after her, feeling scrubbed raw and shaken.

"Boys, let's go home. Mr. Agreste has much to talk to you boys about." Nathalie spoke up, waiting on the edge of the bridge with an umbrella.

Felix had been scolded for going around, parading as Adrien. He had been told that he would be sent home tomorrow and that he would no longer be welcome in his uncle's home for a long time. That suited Felix. He'd never wanted to come here in the first place.

"Why?" Adrien had asked when they were alone, looking, to Felix, like a child that just couldn't figure out how the toaster made toast. "Why would you hurt Marinette like that?"

"Because I wanted to have a date, Adrien, with an all too willing girl, whose love for you has now been shattered, thanks to your imaginary love for a superhero." Felix crossed his arms, his eyes narrowing.

"Why as me, though? Felix, that was a cruel prank, even for you! Marinette must be really hurt that you'd pretend to be a friend like that! You even forced a kiss on her; that was so uncool!"

"Trust me, cousin, that kiss was consensual. Did you miss the part where I said that she loves you?"

"No, Felix, she only likes me as a friend, you're just forcing those ideas into her heart, all part of that stupid stunt you pulled!" Adrien shook his head, and Felix wanted to beat the brat's head in. But, of course, pot calling the kettle, huh?

"She fucking told me a wonderful confession, cousin, saying she was in love with you, ever since you gave her an umbrella. You would have seen it if you weren't so blinded by this delusion that you and Ladybug would get together!" Felix rolled his eyes, though felt as the guilt clawed at his gut. Marinette must have been home, crying her heart out thanks to the cruel reality that Felix had forced into her world. That that perfect day had been a cruel prank and that Adrien would never return her love.

"My love for Ladybug is not delusional! She's amazing, so kind, caring..." Adrien got this dreamy look in his eyes, and Felix clenched his jaw.

"She's a superhero! Besides, have the two of you ever actually interacted?! Have you ever had a conversation with her? What do you even know about her?!" Felix jabbed Adrien in the chest with a finger, his green eyes full of cruelty.

"She.. She's a kind, caring, selfless-"

"I meant personal things, you dumbass! What's her favourite ice cream flavour? Her favourite movie? What is her dream? What makes her laugh? Does she make your heart thunder in your chest when you hold her in your arms?!"

Adrien looked as if he were struggling and stammered out nonsense, only to be cut off by Felix grabbing the front of his shirt.

"You fucking can't answer any of that because it is a celebrity crush, you blind idiot! You don't know anything about Ladybug. You've built up this delusion of what your life together could be, based off of someone you barely know! You're pining for an idea, not the actual person!

"And I admit that I thought that was what Marinette was doing too, so I also wanted to take that image out of her head, so she wouldn't waste time on it! But you did that for me because you're a tactless, selfish asshole who still believes in 'fairytales' and 'soulmates', while not realizing what an abusive piece of shit your father is, and that he's never going to be fucking proud of you, no matter what you do!"

Felix saw the punch coming, and he took it. He had wanted that punch so badly ever since he saw the tears in Marinette's eyes, the shattering of her heart visible in their depths. He really was a monster, wasn't it? He didn't deserve the kind of love she had to give.

-----

He went to the bakery where Marinette lived the very next morning before his uncle sent him back home. He had told her father that he wished to see her and waited in the bakery as he went to get her. It felt warm, like so much love filled up the place. Familial love. Something he never felt at home or in that massive mansion his uncle own. They were cold and bleak.

Marinette appeared, looking worse for wear. Her dark hair was a mess, her blue eyes bloodshot and puffy from crying, But she still so looked beautiful. When she saw him, she didn't say a word, merely motioned for him to follow her upstairs to her room.

Felix's first impression was that there was a lot of pink. He noted some bare walls, then eyes the garbage can full of torn-up pictures of his cousin. He felt the guilt that tore his gut once again.

"What do you want?" Marinette whispered, her voice shaken, as she took a seat at her computer desk.

"I came to apologize, Marinette, I never... Never meant to take it that far." Felix nervously adjusted his tie, not missing Marinette's withering glare.

"You could have told me at any time when you were feeling guilty."

"I know.." Felix's voice came out in a whisper.

"You could have told me when I was making that... That stupid love confession."

She paused

"You kissed me." Marinette's voice sounded thick when she spoke.

"I know..." Felix's voice cracked, and he shut his eyes tightly.

"Why? Why would you do that to me?" Marinette hugged herself, the tears she thought she shed herself dry of, because to stream down her cheeks once again.

"Because I was jealous. I was jealous of my cousin being able to be loved by so many people, was jealous that he caught the attention of the cutest girl I've ever seen, and he took it all for granted. I was jealous he was able to be loved by you, Marinette. I was so jealous, so sick, when you said that confession because I wanted it to be for me. Because... I fell in love with an amazing girl in a single day."

He missed Marinette's look of shock and hugged himself tightly

"I just... I wanted to say sorry. And don't worry, you'll never see me again. I'm leaving Paris tonight. I just hope... Hope I didn't shatter your heart so much that it will never love again."

He looked up, and Marinette stared back at him, quiet, hugging herself tightly and shaking.

He nodded and left the room without another word.

When he exited the bakery, he saw the Gorilla standing in front of a parked car, the back door open and waiting.

"Yes, I know, I... I just wanted to apologize." Felix gave the Gorilla a shaky smile, then without complaint, got into the back seat. The bodyguard gave the boy a pitying look, before closing the back door for him and getting into the front and driving off.

As soon as Felix was settled into the backseat and they had pulled away from the bakery, he curled into himself and began to cry.

-----

It's been two days since that incident with Marinette, and he couldn't stop thinking about her. The way her bright blue eyes shined, or the way she turned a beautiful crimson every time he complimented her, the soft smile and kind eyes she gave when he talked about his uncle. Everything about her was so...real.

Felix envied that his cousin was able to hold her affections, and he took it for granted.

Then again, he also hated himself.

The look of betrayal in her eyes after discovering who he was, she couldn't bear to see it again.

The bloodshot eyes and broken figure were so hostile to her cheery self the day before, and he almost wanted to cry seeing her in such a state.

Just being in her presence made him want to smile more, and even though he was acting as his cousin, every smile around her was genuine.

He didn't know why; Felix was never one to be attached and was often cold and emotionless around most people. He played with girl's hearts and could care less about anyone.

But Marinette, he fell in love with her in one single day.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 783 21
Miraculous ladybug one-shots of how I wish the show would turn out and any other random stories that I am suggested or inspired to write! I am open t...
391K 6.5K 67
just a bunch of oneshots containing loads of fluff. may have light cursing but no lemons. >\\\< to embarrassed to write that kind of stuff. I will al...
8.6K 91 23
One shots of different ships, identity reveals and alternate universes as well as some crossovers. ships include: adrienette, marichat, ladynoir, som...
483K 9.8K 68
Just random one-shots. Probably mostly Daminette. I'll keep adding one-shots to this when I come up with ideas.. unless it's an idea for a book.