Pulchritude

By svnshine23

Pulchritude is a thrilling Vampire Diaries fanfiction that introduces Maddy, a powerful 895-year-old banshee... More

Pulchritude
~Chapter One ~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty One~
~Chapter Twenty Two~
~Chapter Twenty Three~
~Chapter Twenty Four~
~Chapter Twenty Five~
~Chapter Twenty Six~
~Chapter Twenty Seven~
~Chapter Twenty Eight~
~Chapter Twenty Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty One~
~Chapter Thirty Two~
~Chapter Thirty Three~
~Chapter Thirty Four~
~Chapter Thirty Five~
~Chapter Thirty Six~
Apology
~Chapter Thirty Seven~
~Chapter Thirty Eight~
~Chapter Thirty Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
On hold
~Chapter Forty One~
~Chapter Forty Two~
~Chapter Forty Three~
~Chapter Forty Four~
~Chapter Forty Five~
~Chapter Forty Six~
~Chapter Forty Seven~
~Chapter Forty Eight ~
~Chapter Forty Nine~
~Chapter Fifty~
~Chapter Fifty One~
~Chapter Fifty Two~
~Chapter Fifty Three~
~Chapter Fifty Four~
~Chapter Fifty Five~
~Chapter Fifty Seven~
~Chapter Fifty Eight ~
Moodboards
~Chapter Fifty Nine~
~Chapter Sixty~
~Chapter Sixty One~
~Chapter Sixty Two~
~Chapter Sixty Three ~
~Chapter Sixty Four~
~Chapter Sixty Five~
~Chapter Sixty Six~
~Chapter Sixty Seven~
~Chapter Sixty Eight~
~Chapter Sixty Nine~
~Chapter Seventy~
~Chapter Seventy One~
~Chapter Seventy Two~
~Chapter Seventy Three~
~Chapter Seventy Four~
~Chapter Seventy Five~
~Chapter Seventy Six~
~Chapter Seventy-Seven~
~Chapter Seventy-Eight~
~Chapter Seventy-Nine~

~Chapter Fifty Six~

3.1K 107 14
By svnshine23

"Genevieve..."

The name rolled off her tongue perfectly. The name she had given the little girl. Her little girl. Her little girl who was standing in front of her. Long brown hair still falling down her back in loose curls. Her once blood-stained nightgown was back to being clean and white like she had never been covered in the red substance.

Maddy's eyes filled with tears for the second time that night. She didn't understand how the little girl she raised was there, standing in her room, and she didn't care. Dropping the old clothes that were in her hand, Maddy speeds in front of the girl. She stares down at her, bringing her hand up to caress her cheek.

"My sweet girl. How are you here?" She questions, her eyes raking over every inch of her daughter's face.

"I don't know, but I'm glad I am," Genevieve says sweetly before quickly throwing herself into Maddy's arms.

Maddy wastes no time wrapping her arms around the girl's small frame. She could've sworn if she squeezed any harder, Genevieve's head would've popped off. She didn't wanna let go, too scared if she did, the girl she had missed so much would disappear.

"Mom, you're crushing me," Genevieve spoke up.

"I'm sorry." Maddy apologizes while pulling away, her hands resting on each side of Genevieve's face.

"It's ok... I missed you." She smiles, placing her hand over her mother's, the familiar safe feeling sending warmth through her body.

"I missed you more." Maddy smiles back, a stray tear slipping down her cheek.

"Don't cry," Genevieve demands, gently wiping the tear from Maddy's face. "You know I hate it when you cry."

"I just don't understand how your here. Why haven't you found peace yet, baby?" Maddy questions, her eyebrows furrowing together.

"Because I don't want to. I don't wanna be dead. I wanna be here with you." Genevieve states, her voice breaking a bit.

Maddy's eyes soften as she stares down at the girl. Genevieve's words broke her heart. For over a century, she chose not to find peace all because she wanted her mom. She quickly shook her head, embracing the young girl again.

"You're here with me now," Maddy whispers, kissing the top of her head.

~~~~~

When Bonnie awoke the next morning, she headed straight for Maddy's room, only to find that she wasn't there. She searched the bathroom attached to the vampire's room, still coming up empty-handed. The rest of the house was empty, with no sign of Maddy anywhere.

She thought it was weird. After what had happened last night, Maddy had expressed how she wanted to stay in for a little while and let her body and mind return to normal. Pulling out her phone, she dials Maddy's phone number, just for it to go straight to voicemail. She tried four more times before concern started to set in. Since she and Maddy had become friends, the vampire had never not answered a call from her.

Plopping herself down on the couch, she was quick to press on Elena's contact, the brunette girl picking up after three rings.

"Hey, Bonnie, what's up?"

"I can't find Maddy." Bonnie was quick to express her concern to her best friend.

"What do you mean? Did you check her room?"

"Obviously I checked her room, Elena. Her bed hasn't been slept in, her old clothes from last night were still on the floor, and her dresser drawers were all open." The witch sighs.

"Do you think there's something wrong?"
Elena questions, Bonnie hearing shuffling come from the opposite end of the phone.

"I don't know, maybe you should ask Damon, considering he came in here last night basically telling her all she'll ever be to anyone is a weapon."

"He said that?" The doppelgänger gasps.

"Looked her right in the eye when he did. Maddy has already made it clear that she doesn't have much of a will left to live. He's gonna push her too far and we aren't gonna have her anymore." Bonnie huffs, tears welling up in her eyes at the thought of losing the strawberry blonde who had fought her way into her heart.

"Don't say that, Bonnie. Maddy's strong she would never kill herself."

"It doesn't matter how strong she is. When you're constantly being treated like shit by someone you care about, it's enough to wanna end everything. We don't know what's going on in Maddy's head, which means we don't know how close to the edge she really is."

"You're worrying me Bonnie."

"We should be worried. Even someone as powerful as her has their breaking point."
~~~~~

"Why do we have to stay in here?" Genevieve questions her mother, lounging on the bed inside their hotel room.

"Because, if my friends see you, they'll send you back." Maddy sighs, taking a seat next to Genevieve.

"Why?"

"Because Vieve, you're dead and you're not supposed to be here." She explains.

"You're dead and you're not supposed to be here." The teenager points out.

"Hey, don't be a smart ass. You know what I mean." Maddy rolls her eyes.

"Well, I wanna see Stefan." Genevieve huffs.

"No, not with the way he's been acting."

"You mean because his humanity is off?"

"Exactly." Maddy nods, grabbing the remote and flipping through the shows to find something Genevieve might be interested in.

"Ok, how about Damon? I can slap him in the face for you for what he said to you last night." Genevieve smiles, the two perfectly placed dimples on her cheeks showing.

"I can slap Damon in the face all on my own." Madison chuckles. "And no, I already have someone coming to see you."

"Really? Who? Is it Elena Gilbert? She's big talk on the other side for being a doppelgänger."

"Nope, not Elena." Maddy shakes her head.

"Hmm, is it Klaus Mikaelson? I sure would love to meet the man who's been making you so happy."

"It's not Klaus either." Maddy smiles, before hearing a knock at the door.

She speeds over, quickly opening the door and welcoming the figure inside with a bright smile.

"I'm not Elena or Klaus, but I sure hope I'll do." Katherine smiles, entering the room with her arms crossed.

"Aunt Katherine!" Genevieve exclaims, jumping off the bed and running towards the vampire, wrapping her arms around her.

Maddy smiles, watching the two reunite. This made her truly happy. Happier than she had been in a while. Whether she liked it or not, this was her family. Her, Katherine, and Genevieve. Just like the old days. She missed this.

"So, tell me how you managed to get your sneaky little self here and back in the real world?" Katherine questions, pulling the girl over to the bed and sitting down with her.

"I don't know. I was just watching from the other side, I saw a bright light, and then I was in Mom's room."

"I think it has something to do with Bonnie having to send Matt Donovan's crazy-ass sister back to the other side," Maddy states, her back leaning against the wall.

"You think miss witch bitch screwed something up?" Katherine raises an eyebrow, her arm wrapped around Genevieve.

"No, Bonnie doesn't make mistakes. Not when it comes to magic."

"Then what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that someone on the other side is playing with fire, and if Vieve is back, then a whole lot of angry dead people are too."

"Sounds like a problem for Elena and the rest of her squad." Katherine shrugs.

"Which makes it my problem too." Maddy sighs, running a hand through her hair. "Once they figure out what's going on, Bonnie will fix it and send everyone back. Including Genevieve."

"What? No, I don't wanna go back!" Genevieve shakes her head, panic rising in her voice.

"I know, Vieve, but you might have to. If-"

"Um absolutely not, I will kill Bonnie before she sends her back." Katherine states.

"Like I was saying before you rudely cut me off," Maddy starts, sending Katherine a glare. "If what I have planned works out, you'll only be there for a little bit and then you'll come back again...for good."

"What are you planning?" Katherine tilts her head, standing up.

"Something involving black magic and lots of it." She sighs, placing her hands on her hips.

"What if it doesn't work and I'm stuck there again?" Genevieve asks, her eyes switching between Katherine and her mom.

Maddy walks towards her daughter, kneeling in front of her and grabbing her face in her hands. "You trust me, right?"

"Mhmm." Genevieve nods.

"It'll work, I promise." She reassures, standing back up and turning to Katherine. "Will you stay with her for a bit? I've got to go back and check-in with Bonnie. They've been blowing up my phone."

"Since when do you have to check in with them? I didn't know they were keeping you on lockdown." Katherine rolls her eyes.

"They're my friends, Katherine. I don't want them worrying about me for nothing."

"Are you gonna tell them about Genevieve?" Katherine questions curiously.

"No. Yes. I don't know." Maddy runs a hand through her hair. "I don't want them to think I'm keeping secrets, but if they don't know about what's going on yet, then I'm not saying anything."

"Like they've never kept secrets from you?" Katherine scoffs.

"Would you stop?" Maddy huffs.

"Stop what?"

"Being so damn negative about every new person who comes into my life. You did it with Damon, you did it with Klaus, and now you're doing it with Elena and Bonnie. I'm allowed to have friends." Madison points out.

"They're always people I don't like." Katherine sneers.

"Ok, I understand your hatred for Klaus, but your reasons for everyone else are completely invalid. You ruined Damon and Stefan's life. You played them like a fucking a fiddle and now expect them to be nice you?"

"I gave their lives meaning.." Katherine narrows her eyes at Maddy.

Genevieve watched silently, her legs crossed over one another. She was used to seeing the two of them argue. There were even a few times where it had gotten physical. Based on the look in both of their eyes, it seemed like that's exactly where it was headed.

"Yeah, sure whatever you say Katherine." Maddy chuckles deviously. "What's your excuse for Elena? Before you even met her you were trying to completely ruin her life. What'd she do to you?"

Katherine goes to open her mouth but nothing comes out.

"What about Bonnie? And don't even get me started on Caroline. I may wanna kick that blonde bitch in the teeth right now but even I know you had absolutely no reason in hell to kill her."

"I should have killed her for good after she got you bit by her pathetic werewolf boy toy!" Katherine shouts.

"You hurt people, Katherine! On purpose for no reason just so you can have a little fun or get your way.."

"Oh right, like you didn't just go on a murder rampage a few months ago. How many people did you kill? Wasn't it like thirty?" She taunts, referring to the time Selene had taken over her body.

That was enough to spark up some rage in Maddy. The older vampire speeds over, quickly backhanding Katherine causing her to fly into the wall, leaving a hole in it. Genevieve watched with a neutral expression, her legs pulled up to her chest as the two vampires fought back and forth, Maddy clearly winning.

Madison and Katherine obviously fought like sisters. The Salvatores and Mikaelsons had nothing on them when it came to a dysfunctional family. When the two of them got into a fight, it got nasty. Punching, kicking, stabbing, hair pulling, and neck-snapping. It was all there.

"That sounds just like you, hold the moments I had no control over against me. What's your excuse for being a delusional manipulative bitch?" Maddy questions sending a swift kick to Katherine's chest.

"Don't act like you're miss perfect." Katherine narrows her eyes, blood pouring from her face as she stands back up.

"Compared to you, I look like a saint. That's probably why Stefan likes me more." Madison smirks, knowing that would strike a nerve.

Katherine bares her teeth before speeding at Maddy, only to have her neck snapped. Her body falls to the ground with a thump. Turning to face Genevieve, Madison sends her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, sweetheart." She sighs.

"It's ok, you guys will be fine in a couple of days." Genevieve shrugs, glancing around the room. "You guys made quite the mess."

"I know, I'll pay for it. Will you be ok by yourself?"

"I guess." Genevieve sighs, a small pout on her face.

Maddy smiles slightly, before nodding her head towards the door. "You know what, why don't you just come with me?"

"Really? I don't have to stay in here?" Genevieve's eyes light up.

"They're gonna find out something's wrong sooner or later. If you're gonna be walking this earth permanently here in a few days, might as well meet everyone now."

Genevieve quickly climbs from her spot and runs over towards the door. "I am so ready to get the hell out of this room."

"Language!" Maddy's scolds.

"Sorry. I just wanted to try it out."

Maddy starts to make her way to the door before stopping and turning to look at Katherine. With a sigh, she hauls her body over her shoulder and gently places her comfortably on the bed before turning and leaving the Petrova vampire alone in the hotel room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 6.1K 90
𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - BOOK 1 in the 𝘙𝘚𝘜 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦. 📼🌪️ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩. . . Stefan Salvatore...
69K 1.9K 28
"I'll never be you Caroline!!! I'll never be pretty enough, I'll never be smart enough, I'll never get the perfect boy with the perfect lifestyle...
9.6K 354 33
Second Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to WARRIOR QUEEN. At last, Machae found her long-lost partner in crime, Kol Mikaelson, ended her decade...
128K 3.6K 46
-Book 1- A Niklaus and Elijah Mikaelson love interest book. --------------------------------------------------------- Phoebe Salvatore had learned to...