A Girl, a Boy, and high schoo...

By RacoSaraF

Cassie hated Jake all her life, even though he was her best friend, Kayley's other best friend. Things soon c... More

A girl, a boy, and high school drama
chap-2, plan the party
chap-3, Party time!
chap-4, the worst week ever-or not?
chap-5, that did not just happen!
chap-6, The return
chap-7 surprise!! surprise!!
chap-8, Sin-fusions
chap-9 traitor alert!
chap-10, cat fight
chap-11- moving in
chap-12, maybe New York isn't that bad?
Author's Note Please read!
Chapter-14 New People and Shocking Changes
chapter 15 If this was a movie, it'd get an Oscar.
chapter 16 Yay! Relationship Upgrade!
Chap 17 Poisoned???
chapter 18 Back home
Chap 19-(1) A body-with blood on the top.
Chapter 19-(2)-A body, with blood on the top
chapter 20 Death, death, go away. Come again some other day.
Chapter 21: Here Comes the Fourth...
Chap 22: The First Look
Chap 23: Maybe in Another Life
Chap 24 (1): The Climax
The Climax: Part Two
Chap 25: Mommy Blues
Chap 26: Let the Games Begin
Chap 27: Track me Down
Chap 28: Revelations

chapter 13-Discoveries

604 18 2
By RacoSaraF

Chapter-13

Kayley's POV (Back to the night of the fight)

I entered my house and banged the door shut behind me. I could hardly cope with what was happening. And I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Tears poured out of my eyes like waterfalls.

Ok, maybe that was exaggerated, but I was justified. I couldn't believe that Cassie had accused me of doing stuff with Jake. I didn't even meet him yesterday! I mean, I did, but for hardly 5 seconds.

I was with Anna the whole time that i spent in school! Except one period that we didn't have together. I bunked most of the day, to avoid meeting Cass or Jake. I bunked lunch and everything after. And I just met-no, actually, I just SAW him walking down the school hallway when the third period bell rang. He was walking towards the bell room.

Wait a minute, why didn't this strike me before?

Why was he walking towards the bell room after the bell was rung? He wasn't there in class but I just thought that was to avoid me. I didn't pay much attention that time, but I think I saw Anna somewhere round the corner there too.

I thought hard bout what happened that day.

I remember coming out of English, and walking right across the hallway to get to history. While walking, I saw Jake heading the other direction. That led to the cafeteria, then the bell room, and then the entrance of the school. I thought he might be going out of school to bunk the period to avoid me.

You had to make a right turn to get to history, and at that turn, I saw Anna. I stopped to speak to her but she was in a hurry and she was acting weird. I thought it was just cause she was late for class or something, but I think there's more.

I thought hard about exactly what happened.

I remember entering history, and that time I saw that Anna also took the turn to that hallway. I hadn't thought much about it that time cause I had a test to care about. But now that I think of it, she had no reason to go there. She didn't have a free period. And the hallway was almost clear. All the students were in their classes. What would Anna want to do in an empty hallway during school hours?

Something was definitely up. And I have to know what.

Cassie's POV (The day after the New York tour)

I woke up late today, and thankfully, no unknown hottie was disturbing me today. I went to the front room after brushing. Jay was sitting there, watching t.v. and eating sandwich. I made myself one too, and then joined him on the couch. He was watching The Avengers. I like that movie.

Halfway through it, he turned to me and asked, "So howcome you're not all crazy and forcing me to change the channel?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Girls do that when transformers or Avengers comes on."

"Well, not me. I actually happen to like these movies. But I still prefer Wild Child or Ice Princess."

"They belong to a whole different decade."

"Even you do. That doesn't mean I stop talking to you."

He laughed. "You win"

I smirked.

"So you're gonna hang round here for the whole day?" I asked.

"Not exactly. I'm gonna go out to the garage closeby."

"Why?"

"It's a deserted garage where I've got a crew. So were like practicing for the street dance finals."

"You dance?"

"Yeah... "

"Since when?"

"2 years now. Been working all along to get here."

"I dance too. I mean, I used to, for small competitions and all. Like talent shows and all. Mostly cause Kay was too shy to go out there alone. I was never serious about it."

"Wanna come over and check it out?"

"Yeah, okay. When is the finals?"

"Four Weeks."

"Cool."

Kay's POV (the day after the fight)

I woke up to the sound of the ambulance wailing outside. I went out and saw my parents on the front porch. I asked dad, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

He looked sad. "I don't know much. All I know is that someone from your school... died."

"What? How?"

"I don't know. Go to the hospital and check. It might have been someone you knew."

"Yeah." I ran up and changed and brushed. I didn't even bother spraying deo or anything. I just slipped on my floaters and headed back down. I just grabbed 20 bucks, my car keys and my phone before driving myself to the nearby hospital.

I reached there at 10a.m. I ran into the hospital and asked the receptionist, "Can you please tell me who just came in?"

"I'm sorry but that's confidential."

"I'm a friend. Whoever it was went to my school. I need to know who it was, please!" I think my face gave away my desperation, because after thinking for a while, she said, "Her name was Anna Williams."

My heart stopped beating for a second. I couldn't believe it. Anna had no disease yesterday or before that. She didn't even have a heart condition or asthma or anything else. She was perfectly healthy. I knew that for sure.

Either she was...murdered, or she knew how to hide her illness extremely well. I wanted to believe the latter, but logic didn't agree with me.

"Is she gonna be okay?" My voice was barely audible.

"We don't know yet. Did you know her?"

"She is a very close friend." Tears were now welling up in my eyes. I turned around and headed to the waiting area. I saw Anna's mom and dad there, anxious faces, full of tears.

I knew that they would know about what happened, but they didn't seem so approachable. So I went and sat next to her brother instead.

"What happened?" I asked, dreading the answer. Justin swallowed and turned towards me. This was the first time I'd seen a guy cry, and that just increased the amount of tears in my eyes.

Once he was able to handle himself, he replied, "She... She was..." I knew what came next, so I didn't let him continue.

"Who...?" I asked him.

"No one knows.. Someone just found her... In the hallway, da... Dag.. Daggered." Why??? Why would anyone kill Anna? What did she do?

"When was the last time you saw her?" I asked him, in between sobs.

"yesterday morning." he said.

"So she didn't come back from school?"

"I don't know. Wait..." he turned and asked his parents the same. His mom replied, "No... I was at home only. She didn't return. I thought she might be out with her friends at a party after the game. She had mentioned that she might not come home. It was the last day of school anyway. So I allowed her to go... I.. I let her go!" she began crying again.

"Did you see her at lunch?" I asked Justin.

He thought hard before replying, "No. But, even you weren't there."

"Yeah... I skipped after 3rd period. Don't ask why. Long story."

Just then, Sally entered the hospital. I remember her from biology class. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Hey. I was wondering, do you remember whether Anna was there in the bio class yesterday or lunch?"

"Yeah, I remember. She wasn't there. We had Calculus together too. She wasn't there for that too. i don't remember seeing her at lunch either."

"Thanks. So why you here?"

"Well, I came to know that someone from school was murdered. You know who it is?"

"Yeah... its Anna. I saw her after third period and seemingly, no one saw her after." I said, looking away as she took a step back.

"Heaven's sake, Sally. I wouldn't tell you that if i was the killer. And why would I kill Anna anyway?" I said.

She faked a laughter. I couldn't care less about whether she thought I was the killer or not.

Right now, I was onto something. And I had to tell someone about it. The someone would usually be Cass, but I didn't know how to go about it.

I was kinda even fighting with Jake because of-wait a minute, OMG! I totally forgot that the last time I saw Anna, she had followed Jake down the same hallway!

There has to be something there. Maybe Jake did something... No, I couldn't believe that Jake would do something like that... But then again, all clues point towards him... I really don't know what to believe right now, my brain or my heart?

I went back and sat next to Justin. I buried my face in my hands as an attempt to think clearly.

"Where was she found..?" I asked him, in an attempt to side with Jake.

"In the Janitors closet, b.. but they're saying that she was... her blood was practically all over the school. Mostly in the bell room... Why?"

My eyes bulged out of their sockets when he replied. Oh my God! I seriously didn't expect that Jake could do something like this! No!

That's it, I had to speak to Jake.

I got up and headed towards the door. Then a hand caught my wrist and I turned around. It was Justin.

"What are you onto, Kayley?"

"I think I know who attacked her, but I'm not sure."

"Tell me??"

"Not now... I have to talk to that person first." I ran towards the door as soon as he dropped his hand.

"At least let me come with you? If that person could...kill Anna, then you're in danger too"

"No, Justin. That person won't do anything to me... i'm sure of it."

I walked upto my car and started it. As I began pulling out of the carpark, I saw in the rear view mirror that Justin's black car began following me.

Damnit! Now I couldn't go straight to Jake's place. So I drove straight home and went inside.

Instead, I called Jake up.

***********

Hey... comment and vote...Thanks 4 reading!!!!!! Picture of Anna on the side!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887 3 22
{COMPLETED}has many problems in her life. That's when she falls madly in love with jake. They start to date and everything gets out of control, drama...
712 19 19
FELIX HAS A LIKING TO SOMEONE IN HIS SCHOOL AND BECOMES HIS BEST FRIEND...JUST TO FIND OUT THAT PERSON IS OBSESSED WITH HIM ๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ž
22.7K 751 38
They knew she was different. Her dad was wacko and her mom was dead. There was something wrong in that twisted brain. Nobody knew what it was. But so...
4.8K 426 20
"She's gone." Those two simple words was all it took to throw Angel into a state where she shut out everyone. After two years after losing her best...