In Between The Lines| BOOK #2...

By thinkingofthoughts

COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a... More

Welcome! Characters + Info + More
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve 
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy-one
seventy-two
epilogue
bonus chapter one
Somewhere In The Middle Introduction

seventy

62.2K 1.3K 1.4K
By thinkingofthoughts

Blake Day

There were many things that I wasn't sure of.

One of the major things I was sure of though; there was no way in hell I would ever be standing in the same room as my father if it meant benefitting him.

I was never going to support him again. I was never going to help him. He would fall to the ground and I wouldn't even move to catch him.

Because when did the bastard ever help me? Never.

He did nothing unless it benefitted him.

I wasn't really ever into cigarettes but here I was smoking one on the rooftop of Sloane's apartment building as if I owned the place. As if I wasn't one of the richest twenty-three-year-olds out there—as if I hadn't had any problems.

Everything had been put into a perspective to me all because of her.

I had never really gone up to the roof access before. Partially because it was a fucking roof and since I had a person I loved on this earth, I felt like it was my duty to never stand too close to the edge.

But I mean that's what love is all about.

Being on the edge with someone you love. If you're ready to jump to take the next step. Life is a constant cycle of repetitions. It's scary how after so long you fall into a routine and nothing changes.

I needed change though.

I hadn't told anybody about Paris but if you knew me well enough, you had to of had the slightest idea that I would be going back there. When I say going back there—I wasn't coming back to America for a while to stay long-term.

I wanted to live in France.

I wanted to work in France.

I wanted to raise my children in France.

But more importantly?

I wanted to be in France with Sloane.

I wanted to show her the world that she deserves. I wanted to give her the life she had but never took advantage of. I want to take her to fashion week, I wanted to take her to get a 15 euro coffee. I wanted it all for her.

Because she deserved it.

She deserved a brand new life that all she would ever know is love.

"That cigarette your smoking? Yeah smells like ass. Take it somewhere else, buddy." I raised my eyebrows as I turned to see Ellie near the edge, looking down.

Ellie was the type of person you could see screaming for help. However, she was also the type of person who would purposefully throw herself in a lake even if she couldn't swim—but she wouldn't beg to be saved. She would always want to die a lonely death.

"You gonna jump?" My voice was sarcastic.

"Why? Are you trying to save me?" She replied.

Quriking my left eyebrow up, I looked down at my Rolex. "I kinda am on a really tight schedule or I would. Let me know how it works out for you though," I put out my cigarette before walking past her, giving her two hard taps to the back.

Walking towards the entrance to the building, I heard her spin in her shoes.

"Blake—you can be a real asshole sometimes!" I chuckled.

Holding the door open, half of my body was inside half of my body was outside. "I know! That's why people love me. Now get in the damn building, Webber." I smirked at her as she sighed. Walking past me into the warm building we both climbed down the stairs and arrived at her floor from the roof access.

"So if I did jump, would you have helped?" Her voice was quiet as we walked.

I hummed, "I would help to scrape you off of the pavement." I said morbidly.

She groaned. "Can't you have any sympathy for me? Or give me this amazing advice that you always give everyone else except me?" I chuckled at her.

Amazing advice? Do people say that I give amazing advice?

"I don't know what you would like me to give you advice on? If we're talking about killing ourselves then you should probably use the vertical technique towards your wrist with razors. It adds an extra amount of gore for when they find you." I reached for the door handle but her hand slapped me away from it.

"How do you know about that?" Her voice was whispered but she was worried.

I gave her an innocent shrug, "I might not be the one checking you out but I have lots of friends who do." Her stare sharpened at my words.

"So what? After Reese fucked me and left me you two gossiped about my wrists?" She was pissed. Shaking my head at her, I did not what this to go the wrong way.

"No, no, that's not what I said, Webber. Calm down," I spoke.

"Well, Blake, you say so much without saying anything at all. You're like the king of it." She reached for the door handle this time, but instead of her entering the apartment, I slapped her hand away this time.

"I saw it when I was putting you to bed that night after that whole fiasco Reese and you put me through," I was defensive, wanting to set the records straight.

Rolling her eyeballs she walked into the apartment, me following behind her. "Listen, just don't tell anybody—okay?" I smiled at her.

"Tell them what?" I responded as she gave me a smile and a thumbs up walking down the hallway.

She'd never actually kill herself.

She didn't have the balls for it.

She entered her bedroom at the end of the hallway as I knocked on Sloanes before entering. I didn't want to wake her up as she lay asleep soundly. What was once a chaotic apartment a couple of hours ago was now a peaceful place of resting.

I could stare at her and never get tired.

She was perfect.

At the foot of her bed was the box of letters that I quietly walked towards. They were mine to have and read she said, so I would definitely do so. Grabbing the box with six-letter the painful words that I saw illuminated by the moonlight were nearly enough to have me crumbling.

What we could've had.

What I swear to give her.

"Where are you going?" She spoke, as my eyes ran from the letters to her. She stretched in the bed before staring at me.

I blinked at her gorgeous face before remembering to speak, "There's an address my father has to give tomorrow. I'm going there and then coming back for the game." I explained. Her face fell for a second before picking itself back up.

I'm not going there to benefit him, blondie.

"I'm going to miss you," My heart fluttered as she spoke the words I've been dying to hear.

"About today-" I cut her off, shushing her. I leaned down, placing a kiss on her soft lips. "We'll talk about it when I come back—okay? I'm not mad, there are no bad feelings. I love you," I kissed her again as she smiled at me.

Nodding she responded, "I love you too," I smiled at her before collecting the box and walking towards the exit of her room.

She was so angelic towards me even for the demonic thing that I was about to do.

"Hey! You fucking republican I'm not done talking to you!" She yelled at me while whispering, I turned back to face her as she smiled at me.

"I hate you," She gave me a wave goodbye before turning on her side, facing the wall instead of me. "Hate you too, blondie," I spoke before exiting her room.

I didn't even hate her.

Not even close, not even a little bit.

I never had hated Sloane Beck at all.

Sloane Beck

This morning was absolute chaos. The girls and the babies in one apartment, it was chaos.

I was still in my pajamas while everyone was dressed at the table. They were ready for the day while I was slowly cruising by. I had nothing to do today, I wished I could've been with Blake.

"It's so nice to have girl time without any drama, it's it Stell?" Naomi asked her baby as I raised an eyebrow.

Stella laughed so Naomi continued to repeat the question. "Naomi—I don't think she is going to respond." I took a sip of my coffee after speaking. She gave me a look before Natalie started to laugh.

I was jealous.

Finn walked into the dining room, milk carton in hand. Ellie slowly stirred her cereal as if it were a good can of soup. My mouth dropped open in disgust as Finn pulled off the cap to the milk before drinking from the cartoon.

A milk mustache pulled around her lips as I had to hold back my gag.

"Milk anyone?" Finn held it out as I shook my head.

I took one of my apple slices, dipping it into my yogurt. I was up thirty pounds today.

"Ellie, are you having a good semester?" Natalie asked. My eyes darted to the young brunette who hesitantly nodded. I knew differently though, I knew that look from a mile away.

She was drowning.

"I remember my freshman year like it was yesterday," Naomi muttered, looking down at her daughter. "I got my period my freshman year," I snorted as I recalled that moment in my memories.

"And now look at all of us," She continued. Finn chuckled, "Baby, ain't nobody changed except you and Natalie." I had to hold back my laughter at Finn's comment.

"I think Sloane is on our track though," Natalie muttered as I shrugged.

"I'm not in a rush but obviously, whatever happens, happens," I responded. And it was honest, no lies. I knew he was leaving and that he wanted me to leave with him but unfortunately for him, that wasn't on my agenda. I couldn't leave this place I was dependent on it. I didn't want to leave the place where I had to restart. I didn't want to have to restart all over again.

I didn't want to live through that moment all over again.

Even if it was with the one person whom I loved the most in this world—I would have to be heavily convinced, I would have to be extremely confident in my choice.

Living without Blake would be horrible.

But living in a new country with him where he is the only one who is fluent—that seems like it would be just as bad.

I have things to do, so so many things to do here. I wanted to graduate, I wanted to tell my parents thank you and then tell them to kiss my ass, I wanted to live out my life with my friends.

Could I really move to France with Blake and be okay with only having contact with one person unless it was through the phone?

He was asking a lot of me.

"How's teaching?" I asked Natalie as she shrugged. "It's okay. I'm glad I'm an online school teacher and not a physical teacher- I can teach literally anywhere." She explained as I nodded.

"What's Blake want to do after graduation?" She asked as I froze.

Well, I don't think he would want them to know his actual plan, would he?

I cleared my throat, "Uh—he wants to own a business." Which he did he wanted to ruin the bakery with me. But it wasn't like I could tell them the entirety of the truth.

How could I tell my friends 'Blake wants me to leave the country with him and never come back—bye' like I don't even think Matti knew about this? This would tear Matti apart.

I couldn't imagine leaving Naomi back here. I couldn't imagine it ever.

"Are you going to watch him on news in ten minutes?" Finn picked at some fruits on the table, asking me. I shrugged, I don't know if I could handle watching Blake being put in the position that nearly ruined us in the first place.

"Well—can you hurry up and decide. I need my daily dose of the animal planet and your boyfriend is probably going to interrupt it." Finn explained as I held my hand up to silence her.

She was so fucking weird.

I stood up, grabbed my plate, and walked into the kitchen with it. I quickly rinsed it off before placing it inside the dishwasher. I grabbed water out of the fridge as Naomi entered the room.

"Can you watch her while I go piss for a second?" She asked me as I nodded. Handing Stella off to me, I walked into the living room with her sitting down on the couch.

Imagine having something that you never know you wanted in your arms but you were unable to have it. Imagine it. It was like putting a piece of candy in front of someone unable to have sugar.

"They're on!" I yelled to the girls as I watched the soon-to-be first and second families join the stage.

Stella laughed at me as I looked down at her. Her face was a ridiculous resemblance between her two parents. She was all Matti from the cheeks up, but her nose, lips, and jaw were all Naomi.

Besides the dimples, she had inherited from Matti.

I worried for the day that Blake and I did have a kid. They would be the hottest child on the planet without a doubt, but I'm scared for the fact that they might inherit one of the worst cases of depression the world had ever seen.

But depression was genetic or environmental.

And if Blake and I were ever were to have a child I would never put them in an environment to be depressed. Especially not one like New York City. Especially not in the White House. Especially not near anyone who may cause developmental harm to them.

I wouldn't be a helicopter parent, but I would be the parent that made sure that happiness came first and then discipline. I wished that my parents were my friends more than anything.

"Thanks," Naomi appeared next to me.

I went to hand off Stella back to her but she shook her head. "She looks comfortable, lets just hang out in here she might take a nap." Okay then.

As the others slowly poured into the room, I got comfy on the couch trying to push back the tears as I watched the television screen zoom in on Blake and his family. He was miserable up there but he would do anything to make them happy.

"My fellow Americans—I am so glad that you loyal patriots have won back our country to make it great again. We need to be proud of who we are and what we have done. We must rise above the other countries and show them who is boss simply because America is the best country in the world. There is no country like America. We should be thankful for every moment we get to breathe on this land full of freedom. I'll see you in January, thank you and God bless." Rob spoke as the crowd roared.

But then the crowd got even louder as Blake walked towards the microphone.

I don't blame them though— his all black suit. He had on a black turtleneck underneath is black blazer. A gold chain, a new one, that held a cross. And then obviously his favorite Rolex on his wrist.

He was the American dream.

The female screams were defining even through the television scream. I didn't think he was going to give a speech back him up. I don't think I could sit through this—listening to Blake cheer on his father.

"Thanksgiving is about being thankful. Thanksgiving is about giving back. Thanksgiving is about spending time with the people you love," He spoke into the microphone. I raised an eyebrow, opening my ears wider to hear him.

"I know everyone may think of me as America's playboy but I am much more than a playboy. I am Blake Daniel Day. I am a devoted son to my mother, I am a loyal boyfriend, I am a dedicated student, I am a hardworking athlete and from what I just learned I am also a Vilomah." My heart froze as he called himself the words I never thought I would come to terms with.

The girls turned to face me in shock as I ignored them continuing to stare at him on the screen. "I have compassion for all people and I believe that everyone should have their own opinion. Granted I think that with opinion comes consequence, same with choices. I believe that we all deserve to be held accountable for our actions," He cleared his throat.

"So with that being said at this moment, The New York Times has received documents leaking the election results of this year. My father, Rob, and his partner Day did not win this election fair and square. I am standing up here with you now because they have exploited many people and should be tried for such harmful actions. I believe that it is the American citizen's right to know and for that I am sorry. Happy Thanksgiving," Screams erupted from the crowd as Blake curtly nodded at his father and at Phillips who were avidly red in the face and shaking their heads at the crowd.

"Holy shit," Finn spoke what we all were trying to say.

You're not alone in your battles- please seek help. My messages are always open.

Information about eating disorders.

If you need to seek help, please do. You're not alone!

National Eating Disorder's Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Crisis Textline:
Text CONNECT to 741741

Depression and anxiety are serious issues that should be addressed. We need to end the stigma around them, I love you all. Don't feel ashamed ever to be depressed or have anxiety.

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is: 1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts about harming yourself please talk to someone- my messages are always open and my comments are always open as well.

The stigma around mental health must end!

Hey besties,

two chapters and an epilogue left.

I'm not ready to say goodbye yet.

Also- did we all read the Somewhere In The Middle Preview yet? It is up if you would like to go read it! Make sure to follow my Instagram as I post new characters!

Thank you guys for everything! I love you all so much!

HERES WHAT YOU MISSED! NEW CAST FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!

vote and comment!

connect with me!

Instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites

twitter: naomijadeblack

tiktok:thinkingofthoughtswrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

926K 28.8K 44
Emma White never had the perfect life. Her mother died giving birth to her, her father was always working and never gave her attention, but when she...
4.2M 108K 55
Hoping for no distractions during her senior year of college, Ryan finds herself in a whirlwind romance following a one-night stand with the last per...
2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
237K 10.5K 54
Mia Hill. College bound with an athletic scholarship. A go-getter with big dreams and a fully thought out plan to make sure they come true. But with...