Girls Need Love (gxg) | βœ”οΈŽ

By DestinyyJanae

Diamant Harris, known by her stage name "Iridessa", is on her way to becoming the new hottest thing in female... More

0. Preface β™ͺ
1. Intro β™ͺ
2. Love Left Me Lonely β™ͺ
3. Flashing Lights β™ͺ
4. Comfortable β™ͺ
5. Smoke Break β™ͺ
6. Compton β™ͺ
7. Take Me Away β™ͺ
8. Perfect β™ͺ
9. Imperfections β™ͺ
* 10. First Position β™ͺ
11. Long Nights β™ͺ
12. Close to You β™ͺ
13. Love Songs β™ͺ
14. Second Chances β™ͺ
* 15. Body β™ͺ
16. Another Day β™ͺ
17. Lost Ones β™ͺ
18. Family Reunion β™ͺ
19. The Truth β™ͺ
20. Pretty & Rich β™ͺ
21. Drunk in Love β™ͺ
22. Morning Light β™ͺ
23. I'm Yours β™ͺ
* 24. Sound of Love β™ͺ
25. Ex For A Reason β™ͺ
26. Make Up β™ͺ
28. All Things Go β™ͺ
29. Truth Hurts β™ͺ
30. Family & Loyalty β™ͺ
31. Heart on Ice β™ͺ
32. (S)he Proposed β™ͺ
* 33. Sex Sounds β™ͺ
34. Diamonds β™ͺ
35. Empire State of Mind β™ͺ
36. Wish I Could Hate You β™ͺ
37. Love Lies β™ͺ
38. Baby Boy β™ͺ
39. Brother Man β™ͺ
40. This is Me β™ͺ
41. Freedom β™ͺ
42. Gonna Love Me β™ͺ

27. All I Want β™ͺ

6.4K 304 116
By DestinyyJanae

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, September 27th

"Good morning," Dex called out to Diamant, all while stuffing his face with thé crêpes Aurora was standing at the stove making.

"Morning," she got a mug and poured herself a cup of black coffee.

"Hey babe," Aurora puckered her lips and Diamant gave her a little peck.

"Good morning baby mama," Diamant wrapped her arms around her and whispered in her ear.

"Oh? That's what we doing now?" Aurora smirked.

"Mmhm, you just lucky as hell I can't get you pregnant for real."

"I'd have all your babies. You just ain't never ask me to."

"I ain't ask you cause I'm gonna marry you first," Diamant placed a soft kiss on her neck, lightly sucking on that spot she knows her girlfriend likes so much.

"Aight nah!" Dex yelled, scrunching his face up on disgust at the two women in front of him. "Don't be doing too much. I'm tryna eat."

"Why the hell are you even still here Dex?" Diamant pulled away from Aurora. "You done showered, changed your clothes, and helped yourself to food like you live here."

"I was gonna leave, then I saw Aurora was making breakfast for us."

"No. I made breakfast for us," Aurora pointed between her and Dia. "You helped yourself to a plate."

"And I thank you so very much," he smiled at her.

"So where's Electra?" Dia asked.

"She left. Said she had some shit to do," Dex answered. He got up and walked over to Aurora, serving more food onto his plate.

"Dex, bruh," Aurora slapped the back of his hand.

"What? A nigga gotta eat," he didn't care and still took another one of the crêpes, dusting powdered sugar and drizzling honey on top before he started eating again.

"There ain't enough food in the world to feed this nigga," Aurora shook her head, amazed at how much Dex had eaten that morning already.

He had a protein shake, a plate of eggs and sausage, four pieces of toast, a bowl of fruit and yogurt, and three crêpes.

"You don't see him," Diamant laughed. "He be running up the room service bill every time we travel. I literally have an entire expense separate just to feed Dex when we're on the road. His appetite is expensive as shit."

"Yeah but you love me, so I don't know why you always talking shit," he smiled at her.

"You lucky as hell I really do love you," she sat down next to him at the breakfast bar. "Always eating up all my damn food every time you come over here."

"Anyways," Aurora sat a plate down in front of Diamant before taking a seat too. "My mom called me earlier while you was still sleeping."

"Okay," Dia nodded her head, waiting for her to elaborate.

"She invited us over for dinner. And I told her I'd ask you if you wanted to go first."

"You know I love your mom. Of course I wanna go, but... I can't," she had a real apologetic look on her face. "I gotta go to the studio today, and then I leave for Atlanta in the morning so I still gotta pack for that."

"Right," Aurora Pouted. "I forgot about that."

"I feel like we just got back in town and we already traveling again," Dex called from where he was now washing his dishes in the sink.

"I wish you could come with me though," Dia said to Aurora, completely ignoring Dex's comment. "You should come. I'll only be there for like three days."

"Yeah, but I got an event we're catering on Tuesday, and ain't no way I can leave Wyatt in charge of that. He already be doing so much for me with overseeing the new restaurant we opening up. I can't ask him to do all that."

"Fine," Diamant frowned. "I'ma miss you though."

"I'ma miss you too babe."

"You act like you don't see each other enough," Dex rolled his eyes at the entire exchange.

"Cause she's all I want," Diamant smiled at Aurora.

"Y'all are so fucking gross," Dex mumbled under his breath. 

"You realize this my crib right? You can see yourself out."

"Don't worry, I'm bouta leave anyway. I got shit to do before we leave tomorrow," he was looking down at his phone screen. "My pops is in town so I'ma go see about him."

"I thought y'all wasn't talking?"

"Nah we moved past that," he shook his head. "We cool now."

"That's good," Diamant took another sip of her coffee that was no longer hot anymore. "Let me know how it goes."

"Mmhm," he hummed. "I'll call you tonight."

He went to the living room to get his stuff then came back to the kitchen. 

"Don't start that shit Dex," Diamant huffed when she saw how he was standing there looking at her. "We see each other too often for you to still be doing that."

"Don't act brand new," he held his arms out to her.

"No," she shook her head. "Goodbye Dex."

"Oh Dia," he pulled her off of the bar stool and into his arms, slightly lifting her off of her feet as he hugged her.

"Dex, bruh let me go," she tried to shrug out of his tight hold on her.

He pulled her close and placed a kiss on her forehead before letting her go, dropping her back down to the kitchen floor.

"I'll see you in the morning Dia."

"Whatever," she pushed him away from her, glad he released her from the very tight embrace he'd pulled her into.

"Bye Aurora."

"Bye Dex."

As soon as Dex left, Dia wiped the back of her hand across her forehead where he kissed her. "I can't stand that nigga sometimes."

"I think it's cute," Aurora laughed to herself. "It's cute how much he obviously loves and cares about you."

"It's not cute," Dia rolled her eyes. "It's annoying as hell. Dex is too fucking big to be acting like that. He wouldn't intimidate a damn soul if he wasn't ten feet tall, cause he's literally the softest nigga I've ever met in my life."

~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora was sitting at the dining room table alone after dinner later that night because everyone else had moved to the living room to watch whatever sporting event was on the tv. She was at her parent's house, and it was their usual Sunday dinner, one of the few Aurora was able to attend because she wasn't busy doing something else.

And even though there's only five people in her immediate family, her extended family is huge. A lot of her mom's side still lives in Saint Lucia, but her father's side has had ties to California since well before he was born. Aurora even has people in her family that aren't related by blood because her father's known them just that long.

"Why you in here?" Ryan, her non-related cousin, came and joined her at the dinner table where she was sitting alone.

"Goodbye Ryan," she held her hand up in his general direction.

"What I do now? I'm just tryna see if you aight."

"I'm fine."

"No. You're clearly stressed. What's wrong cuz?" He sat down across from her.

"Nothing's wrong," she lied. She had her iPad open to quite a lengthy email she'd been trying to read for the last twenty minutes straight. But no matter how many times she read it, it just didn't make sense to her.

"Let me see it," Ryan reached for her tablet and went to go sit down next to her.

"You don't have to read shit to me. I'm not slow," she reached for it back.

"Can you just chill," he moved the iPad away from her. "I know I ain't your precious Wyatt, but let me help you out, damn."

"Fine," she crossed her arms over her chest, very reluctantly accepting his help. "It's from the contractor about the new restaurant in San Diego."

"Okay...." He skimmed through the email. "They basically saying how construction cost is gonna be higher than they initially quoted you on because their manufacturer had a 15% tax increase that they weren't informed about until recently. There's a whole bunch of number talk and legal contract stuff and whatever, then they go on to say you have two choices. You can either keep everything on schedule and they'll send you a new invoice that reflects the inflated prices. Or you can give them time to find a new supplier and push back the projected completion date by a few weeks to a couple of months max."

"Thanks," she said in a very dry tone, taking her tablet back from him so she could re-read the email now that she understood it better.

"Why you sound upset? All I'm tryna do is help you."

"I'm not upset."

"You obviously are. But why?"

"Because y'all always tryna make it seem like I need help," she mumbled.

"But you do need help sometimes, and ain't nothing wrong with that."

"But it makes me feel like y'all think I'm stupid or something."

"How and no one's ever said that about you?" Ryan sounded very offended that she would say that. "I known you since we was lil kids Roro. And I ain't never thought you was stupid."

"Right," she huffed.

"I haven't. Even before I knew you had real bad dyslexia I ain't think that about you."

"Can we change the subject now. I don't wanna talk about this anymore."

"Aight. How bout we talk about why you-"

"Ryan!" Aurora's father called from the living room, completely cutting him off. "Come in here right quick. Cause yo pops talking crazy about the 49ers like the Chargers ain't get they asses handed to them last season."

"Welp. Seems I'm needed elsewhere," he pushed himself away from the table.

"Mmm. Have fun with that," she said very sarcastically.

Aurora leaned back in her chair and her mind completely drifted away from the email she was supposed to be drafting once she was alone again. And somehow, she ended up absentmindedly scrolling through a jewelry website instead.

"Why are you looking at engagement rings?" Theresa, Aurroa's mother, looked at her iPad screen from over her shoulder.

"My God mama," Aurora locked her tablet and flipped the case over the screen. "No matter how old I get, you always tryna mind my business."

"You're my daughter. Your business will always be my business," she pulled out the chair next to Aurora. "So.... what's with the rings?"

"I think you know."

"You really tryna marry this girl?" Theresa raised her eyebrows. "Diamant?"

"I am," Aurora nodded her head. "I think she's the one mama."

"You said the same thing about Eliz—"

"Don't bring her up," she cut her mom off from even finishing the girl's name. The name of the girl who broke Aurora's heart at only 20 years old. There was a time in her life when she thought she was going to be with Elizabeth forever, but that dream was quickly shattered when she decided she didn't want to be with Aurora anymore— or any girl for that matter. Because Elizabeth left her for one of Aurora's closest guy friends from high school, and they're now married with two kids.

"I'm just saying—" Theresa started.

"Well don't say anything then. I ain't even spoken to that girl in almost ten years ma. We started dating in high school. You don't think I've matured since then?"

"I just want to know if you're serious about this or not. You tend to jump into things too quick. And you just met Dia.... I don't know if marriage is the right thing to do right now."

"Don't be like that," Aurora shook her head. "We're not doing this right now."

"I'm not being no kind of way Roro, but you just met this girl a few months ago. I just want you to really think about this."

"I have thought about it— and I thought you like Dia? So where is this coming from?"

"I do. I love her... but I love you even more baby," Theresa nudged her on the shoulder. "I see that she makes you happy, and I love that for you. But she's never been in a relationship like this before. I just— what if this is just a phase for her? What if she's not actually gay?"

"Well she's not gay, so there's that."

"What do you mean?"

"She's bisexual."

"So she's confused then?"

"What are you talking about?" Aurora was about to get very defensive.

"She's confused," Theresa just repeated. "She doesn't know if she really wants to be gay or not yet."

"Oh my God," Aurora laughed to herself. "You don't actually believe that?"

"I know you don't like when I bring her up, but look at Elizabeth. You claimed she was bisexual too, yet she ended up with a man in the end. She was just confused."

"I'm not explaining this to you again mama," Aurora shook her head.

"I'm just saying that I want you to be careful is all. Cause it seems like all the girls that claim being bisexual always end up with a man in the end. And I don't want that to happen to you again. I remember how you were when—"

"Why bring that up?" Aurora looked at her. "You just love reminding me of that, don't you?"

"No. I love reminding you that you gotta stop messing with these straight girls who just want a break from men."

"I'm seriously not doing this," Aurora pushed away from the table and stood up.

"What did I say wrong?"

"Everything. Literally everything," she dropped her iPad down into her purse.

"Roro, stop," Theresa placed her hand on her daughter's arm. "Let me start over."

"Okay," she crossed her arms over her chest. "Go ahead, cause I'm really curious to see how you clean this one up."

"I'm happy you found Diamant," Theresa started. "It's absolutely beautiful how much you guys have connected these last few months. And I love the love you have for each other."

"Mmhm," Aurora hummed, her arms still crossed in front of her chest.

"I'm being genuine. I really do love Diamant. I love how she seems to make you a better person. She challenges you, something not a lot of people are able to do. She pushes you to not only do your best, but excel beyond that. And she loves you how you're supposed to be loved— how you deserve to be loved. You're a better person since you met her, and if you wanna marry her for real—" Theresa's voice kind of broke at the end.

It's so obvious how much happier Aurora's been since she met Diamant, and her mom can definitely tell. And just thinking about how good someone is treating her daughter for the first time ever was almost enough to bring her to tears.

"If you're serious about making Diamant your wife, then I'm 100% behind you baby. I'd be absolutely honored to call her my daughter in law," Theresa finished.

"Why couldn't you have started with that instead?" Aurora sniffled, trying hard not to get all emotional. "That's all I wanted."

"Oh you know I don't like to get all sappy," Theresa dabbed at her eyes, refusing to let the tears fall. "Come here."

Aurora took a step towards her mother and wrapped her arms around her very slim frame.

"I love you Roro," she pulled her slightly taller daughter into a tight hug.

"I love you too mama," she whispered into the hug.

Even if Theresa has very unconventional ways of showing it sometimes, she supports her daughter no matter what. She was there for her when she first came out, when she had her first girlfriend and first heartbreak— so of course she's gonna be there and support her through this too.

"Promise me one thing though?" Theresa whispered into their hug.

"Mmhm? What's that?"

"Don't be like the typical gays. Please don't wear a tux to your wedding."

"Oh my God mama," Aurora pulled away from her embrace because she couldn't hold her laughter in with that one. "I can't... I can't deal with you."

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 2.1K 24
Hazbin Hotel and the characters are not mine, neither is the cover. This was started before the series officially came out on prime (years before tha...
274K 12.8K 57
⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️WARNING!⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ Mature Content, including but not limited to: offensive language, sexualisation and graphic detailing. ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ May...
10.7M 249K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...
2.1M 126K 44
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...