BOLD AND SERENE

By Umm_Basheer

She is calm and fearless! In a Family of six,she is the third and only dark skinned child. She is not loved b... More

BOLD & SERENE PROLOGUE
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 1
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 2
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 3
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 4
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 5
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 6
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 7
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 8
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 9
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 10
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 11
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 12
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 13
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 15
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 16
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 17
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 18
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 19
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 20
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 21
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 22
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 23
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 24
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 25
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 26
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 27
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 28
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 29
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 30
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 31
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 32
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 33
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 34
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 35
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 36
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 37
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 38
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 39
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 40
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 41
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 42
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 43
BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 44
BOLD & SERENE : FINAL EPISODE

BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 14

80 19 0
By Umm_Basheer

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 14

Bismillaah

*AYESHA*

I grabbed Noor by the wrist and led her to the salon where the bride was being decked-up in. A lot of girls were already in the room,most of whom I know not. Either Asiyah's friends or Humayrah's and some,my long distant cousins whose names' I don't know,Asiyah's been telling me though. Now that Noor is here,I need not stick to Asiyah anymore.

Noor couldn't wait to see the bride and she was hopping and clapping and doing whatsoever even before we could see Mayrah.

"Noor,get a grip on yourself" I tightened my grip on her hands.

"I am just too excited" she squeaked.

The make-up artist won't allow anyone to get a glimpse of her until she's done. We all sat back and each familiar group engaged themselves in a little chat. Noor and I also thought it was the best time to talk about our results.

"I got promoted!" We said in one go and all eyes got turned to us.

"Sorry" I smiled sheepishly and dragged Noor out to a lonely corner.

We talked and talked and talked. The fact was,we were both happy with the outcomes of our exams and that's what made it cool. The situation would've been otherwise if one of us didn't get what we wanted. I had a slight higher GPA than Noor but it was all Shukrulillaah.

"Let's forget school stuff and enjoy the ceremony first" Noor said and walked in. We just stepped in and got welcomed by the glowing face of the beautiful bride who was also my favorite sister. The touch-up on her face just blends with her beauty and she was looking just perfect! Ebrahim has got a whole Queen to deal with. The groom has already occupied his grand seat and couldn't wait to see his bride,judging by the look on his face.

"Is that human or Jinn?" Noor gaped at Humayrah.

"As if I have ever seen a jinn to be able to differentiate from the two" that made her laugh and we went in.

"He's also gorge" she added,referring to Ebrahim. That was true. I just said an 'uh-hm' and kept quiet.

We took our seats and Noor decided to click some photos on her phone. She's got a pretty cool mobile with a glittering cover on it. I had a hunch that she got it from the super bro- Sir Mahmud.

My eyes just idled around and stopped when I saw Asiyah sitting right beside Sir and smiling comfortably. I'm sure she felt victorious because she got what she wanted. I could see sweat running down Sir Mahmud's forehead and I giggled quietly. It looked funny how his anxiety was quite visible. Asiyah!
The giggle was not so quiet because Noor heard it and she asked...

"Why are you laughing?" I thought 'why not tell her and make it our little secret'.

"Just don't tell anyone" I looked away from Asiyah.

"Come closer" I gestured with my hands and her ears were already getting into my mouth.lol

"Look right....where Sir Mahmud is sitting" she nodded "look at Asiyah right beside him" she nodded again and turned to me.

"What are you thinking?" She made a scrunched up face.

"Something seems to be cooking there...not from your brother though,he is quite decent" I said to not make her feel bad.

"Even your sister is decent" she added.

"Not that much...and" I stopped and looked around us,a lot of people were there so I pulled Noor towards me and whispered in her ears "she has a crush on Sir". The next look that Noor threw me was a surprised one and one would think her eyes were coming out of their sockets.

I shrugged and let the news get sinked in her head. I do trusted Noor and hoped she won't tell it to anyone,but I had to remind her.

"Remember,you must not tell anyone!"

"Wait,are you serious?" I shrugged again and saw her hand run to her mouth in an attempt to keep it shut. I looked at her face and a lot of expressions followed each other. Realisation hit me that maybe,Sir might be in a relationship. I felt this was the best way to find out and safe Asiyah from the 'heartbreak in advance'.

"What's running in that mind of yours?" I took her phone and started going through the pictures.

"I think Bayyaa loves somebody else" she uttered.

I was not surprised,he was a big man and he supposed to have a woman hidden beside him. Asiyah got to find herself a new place.

"Hmm" I didn't ask who the girl was,was it even my business? Noor also kept quiet,I believe she did not want to say anything about it.

"Let's go and save Sir from Asiyah" I winked, Noor looked at her Bayyaa and she broke into laughter. I waited until she was done and we walked slowly towards their gathering.

"Bayyaa" Noor called gently and I stood there watching. Asiyah threw daggers at us through her eyes when Mahmud started walking towards us.

"What?" He asked and held Noor by the arm and dragged her to a place far from Asiyah. The look of relief on his face made both Noor and I break into laughter. He didn't say anything and the sheepish smile on his face revealed the fact that he knew we know.

"You don't even know how much you've saved me" he beamed as he gave Noor a high five. I just smiled along.

"What were you gonna tell me?" He laughed knowing we called him for nothing

"Perhaps...umm,the fact that I got promoted" I found something interesting to tell him.

"Ohh great,but that was obvious. You are always the best student" He gestured with his thumb.
"My girls are einsteinettes....I need to take you out one day"

"For what?" I asked and Noor glared.

"For celebration" I wanted to say that was not needed but I dare not,if I want to be saved from Noor.

We stood there and gisted about any other thing just to keep Sir Mahmud from Asiyah. She walked around us twice but got back to her seat when Sir just ignored her presence. I didn't feel bad,it just felt funny how disturbed she was.

I had to greet some of the rich aunties who walked pass us. They were my mum's clients and they did a good thing by attending Mayrah's wedding. Talking about mum,she has been busy going here and there chatting with the guests and making them enjoy the ceremony. Some Maher Zain vocals were being played and Noor knows them all by heart.

"Can't you sing them" she asked moving her head to the sound.

"No...I think I know a little Zain Bhikha tunes"

"Wow,busy bee" she pouted "let's take some selfies" with that,she raised her phone and we clicked as much selfies as we wanted.

Asiyah announced through the micro-phone that dinner had been served and everybody sat back on their tables. I sat with Noor and Sir Jamal on a table of four. We said Bismillaah and were about to eat when a new member popped in. Asiyah took the chair that was right beside Sir Jamal and sat. When she saw that everyone was looking at her,she just smiled.

"Bismillaah,let's eat" she threw her hand in the air.

"As you say,boss lady" Sir Jamal made a salute and Asiyah laughed. At least she got the attention she wanted. I felt Ok that Sir was Ok with Asiyah and I hope he will learn to deal with her sooner or later...and even fall in love with her and stop loving the other girl. Not that I am wicked,I just wanted happiness for my sister.

Noor and I just kept quiet and opened our eyes wide with our ears too.

"Hmmm,the food tastes great" Sir remarked.

Noor kicked me slightly and used her spoon to point at Asiyah who was secretly blushing and smiling. The food was ordered from her restau after all.

"She cooked it" I said.
"Whaaat? So this is how the food tastes in your restaurant, boss?" He asked.

"Is it bad?" She shrugged.

"Not close to it...I think I will now order lunch from there too"

"You are always welcome" she added and we continued eating.

To say Asiyah and Sir vibed along so fine was an understatement...they looked like that made for each other couple. Not to mention their matching outfits,not matching exactly but romantically. They kept on asking each other random stuff. It looked like they were on their own type of date,with our presence completely forgotten. Whenever they started talking,Noor and I will just pass each other a glance and try to suppress our laughter. We couldn't wait for dinner to end to be able to laugh this all out somewhere. Love was flowing through the air and we could feel it. When Asiyah is in for something,she goes to the death end and Sir Jamal has already been trapped. I pity his current girlfriend or fiance or whatever.

I purposely poured some juice on my dress and excused myself to go and clean it...Noor offered to help. The moment we were out of sight,we let out the so much huge laughter that was held in us. I looked for a chair nearby to sit and laugh because my legs couldn't help it.

"This is so funny" Noor said in between giggles.

"Let's take a picture of them" I mentioned and Noor nodded. We stood a little far from them and zoomed the camera.

"Perfect" Noor said and I pressed the shutter. We took three photos and laughed till our stomachs hurt. I can't remember laughing like this in ages.

"Hope his girlfriend won't get angry?" I asked Noor and she shook her head.

"Bayyaa does not have a girlfriend,he's just crushing on someone and he does not even admit it" Noor finished and I felt delighted.
Now Asiyah has more chances,yay!
I rushed to the washroom and cleaned my dress and we got back to our table.

Immediately after dinner,Humayrah started bidding a goodbye to us all. She hugged Asiyah first and tears started rolling down her eyes. Asiyah whispered something in her ears which made her cry even more...she whispered a second time and she smiled. It was my turn. Humayrah gave me a warm and emotional hug and that was when I realised that I would really miss her. I wished her a happy married life and gave her a big smile. Waleed ran towards us and Humayrah lifted him up and hugged him so tight like her life depended on it.
Last,it was mum. That hug took years to end and I know mum had essays to say in her ears. Dad wasn't here. He decided to stay at home and invite some of his friends.

Before we know it,Humayrah was in her husband's car and was going to another town,far from ours. We wonder when will we set our eyes on her again...with lots of love,she went away!

-----

(✏TIMABELLE💛)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.7K 9
❝we all have secrets that we keep, hidden away from the world❞ She had always being a loner, content with the little bubble she created around hersel...
1M 49.3K 33
𝘽𝙮 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆 # 01 Get ready to immerse yourself in the enthralling world of "Ayesha," a story about a 19-year-old college gi...
2.3M 167K 79
"You are fired," he said, as my heart broke into tiny pieces. "No please sir, don't separate me from Imad. I beg of you," I pleaded in agony. What s...
249K 14.5K 31
-- We hear many times of couples meeting, spending time together, getting to know one another before getting married and having their happily ever af...