In Between The Lines| BOOK #2...

By thinkingofthoughts

COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a... More

Welcome! Characters + Info + More
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve ๏ฟผ
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
epilogue
bonus chapter one
Somewhere In The Middle Introduction

fifty-three

57.5K 1.3K 1.5K
By thinkingofthoughts

Sloane Beck

Halloween is the equivalent of Thanksgiving in my opinion.

So much candy.

So many calories.

In Russia—it wasn't seen as the right thing to do when the orphanage kids went trick or treating. So we weren't allowed—mainly because of the religious foster home I was in. It was deemed as worshipping or summonsing the devil forever considering to go out dressed up as a bumblebee.

When I came to America though—it was a whole new ballgame. It was seen as tacky to go around, begging for candy when you were rich. For Halloween, I would say trick or treat and have a new Birkin bag thrown at my feet.

But college was normal—I felt like Halloween was normal here. However, just because something is normal doesn't mean it was something I could adapt to.

"Trick or treat! Can I smell your feet!" Finn burst through my doors before scoffing. "Whore—what are you doing! Let's go! Get up!" She clapped her hands at me. I wasn't getting up and I wasn't a whore.

Anymore.

But even if I was a whore—at least I would be Blake's whore.

I just didn't feel like getting up today—or at all. My heart was weighing me down at the moment.

He literally hadn't been on his phone once today.

How hard was it to send a fucking text?

"Come on—your costume is so cute!" I raised my eyebrows. I didn't buy a costume?

"What costume?" I asked, sitting up and rolling off of my bed. She smirked at me before waving her finger.

"Guess you'll have to use your legs and come see!" She teased. Sighing, I followed her very peppy ass out of my bedroom. She was too energetic for a person whose boyfriend had been ignoring them all day.

Even if it wasn't intentional—it still hurt. How can you not talk to the person you're supposed to love for an entire day? How could you do that?

Entering the dining room, I froze. Not a chance in hell I was dressing in that short—plastic-looking, hot pink, mini dress. It looked like the slim spaghetti straps it had would break as soon as I put it on.

"I am not wearing that," I spoke in disgust.

She let out a laugh, twirling the pink costume around. "Why not? You already look like Barbie- why not be her?" She teased as I frowned. "But—who are you going as?" I asked as she gave me a bright smile.

"Ellie and I have decided to go as Kim Possible and Hermonie." She gushed with excitement as I groaned. "I could've been fucking Hannah Montana! I don't want to be Barbie!" I whined as she laughed.

"Someone else wants you to be Barbie..." She lead off as I froze.

Nope.

No way.

No fucking way was I dressing to match a man that couldn't even text me back.

"Tell that Republican fucker that if he wants me to wear that costume he will have to come put it on me himself," I spoke to her as she frowned. Spinning on the balls of my feet, I walked back to my room—more pissed off than ever.

He couldn't text me back but he could drop off a costume?

Sprawling out on my bed, I grabbed my phone. I scrolled through my social media for a couple of minutes. There wasn't much talk about Reese anymore on social media—mainly because the election was four days away which meant the tension was so large in America you would need all of the branches of the military to cut it.

Reese had been living in Heaven—he's milking the hell out of this arm thing so that all of the bunnies would come to milk him, physically.

I rolled my eyes as Blake's name popped up on my screen. Pressing the accept button, his facetime was connecting. His face held a stressed-out expression and I felt bad—I was probably adding to his stress, but he could've texted me at least once today.

"Get dressed," He ordered as I scoffed.

"You're kidding, right? No hi—or how was your day- not even an apology for ignoring your girlfriend all day?" I let out my anger on him. He narrowed his eyes at me through the phone screen, picking up the phone—he shut what I presumed was his office door.

"Just come to the party—in the costume. Please?" He plead as I laughed.

"No—I won't. Unless Ellie can come," I countered as he titled his head- glaring at me.

"Sloane," His voice warned.

"Blake," I warned back.

However, it had been a very long time since Blake flipped out on me—and I had forgotten what it was like to be belittled and very self-conscious. "You can't just ever do one thing for me! Like ever, Sloane! You're putting so much stress on me—I'm not in charge of your feelings! You're becoming overly clingy." He wasn't yelling but his tone wasn't nice either.

My breathing hitched as his words hit me like a bag of bricks.

I chewed on my bottom lip before hitting the 'end' facetime button. Immediately, there was a call back from him. But I wasn't picking it up.

My palms became sweaty as my heart dropped down into my lap. He was so cruel when he wanted to be and I wasn't putting my emotions on him—he just hadn't paid any attention to me at all today.

Once a person has trust issues—they will always have trust issues.

A million times today the thought of him actually wanting me played throughout my head. Or was I getting played? Did he actually love me? And now he thought I was too clingy.

Chucking my phone to the floor, I curled up under my covers before shutting off my bedside lamp. I closed my eyes and went to sleep in hopes that he would take back the mean words he said.

Because that's what he always does—he loves to hurt my feelings if it meant it would benefit his own.

Shoving my face into my pillow, I let out a scream of anger and pain. Something I hadn't truly felt in a while. I continued to hear my phone vibrating, leaving me more annoyed than ever.

Groaning, I reached for my phone before accepting the actual phone call button. Holding it up to my ear, I answered. "Can you stop calling me? You're being clingy." My voice was bitchy and I hoped it was a slap to his face.

I heard him tell me to wait but I wasn't waiting. I hung up the phone—knowing damn well that he would have to leave his own party tonight to come and physically apologize to me.

A knock on my door made me roll my eyes, I just wanted to be left alone. I was just so fucking fed up with today—my emotions were out of all sorts of wack. I was still recovering from having flashbacks of my miscarriage, and then I dealt with nearly thinking Reese was paralyzed.

The last thing I wanted and or needed was for the one person who made me feel like everything was going to be okay to make me feel—not okay.

"Sloane—you can't lay in bed." Finn opened my bedroom door—in her full Kim Possible gear. I threw a pillow at her as she stood in the doorway. "Yes, I can. And I will." I ordered.

"What are your plans then? We have all of these people coming over and you're just going to stay in your room and mope?" She bitched as I froze.

"What do you mean all of these people?" I whined as she laughed. "We weren't going to the boys if they wouldn't allow Ellie in the house. So I brought the party to our house." She clarified as I gasped.

"We're literally going to get kicked out of the apartment," I warned as she let out a laugh. "I'll shut the landlords up with hush money—now get dressed and let's drink." But even the idea of this happening was annoying.

"Wingardium leviosa," I heard Ellie's voice yell as she ran into my room.

I snorted as I saw her slutty harry potter costume. "You got long legs for being so short," I teased her as she shrugged. "Get dressed Barbie. Ken should be here any minute." Finn and Ellie both teased me as I shook my head.

"He literally did not talk to me once this day- once. That is not how you treat someone that you're supposed to be in love with!" I ranted as Finn held up her hand. "You're in love with him! When did this happen! Last time I checked you were driving us home in his Tesla! Did he say it back! Wait—did you even tell him!" She freaked out as Ellie pointed her wand at me.

"Bippity—boppity—Woah—Sloane, isn't a hoe!" She cast out a fake spell as she and Finn fell into a deep pit of laughter.

"Ha. Ha. Ha," I called back. "We both have said I love you. In fact, he said it first," They both squealed. "So then you can forgive him!" Finn explained as I shook my head.

"He just called me clingy," I continued as Finn walked over to my bed, laying back on it.

"Don't take this the wrong way—but I don't think you're being clingy. I just don't think you're being conscious of his feelings. His dad literally might declare America's second leader in four days and you're concerned about a text back..."Finn tried to explain it to me as Ellie walked over to my desk, browsing at my various knickknacks.

I watched as Ellie picked up the knickknack of the butterfly, which had a light blue and pink rainbow behind it. Although she had no clue what it meant, I knew exactly what it did.

"But it doesn't mean he can disregard my feelings. He couldn't even tell me good morning or that he would be busy? I mean, come on Finn. It sounds pretty lame to me." I explained as she sighed.

Ellie sat down the butterfly before furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"My grandma has these all over her house," She explained as I felt my heart crack. "Yeah, those knickknacks are common," I spoke.

Our doorbell ringing had Finn and Ellie running towards the door. The bright pink Barbie dress was mocking me as it was placed on the back of my door.

I wasn't putting it on unless he put it on for me- I swore.

"Hey, Reese! High ten!" I heard Finn crack the joke from my bedroom. My eyes widened as I let out a laugh.

I reached for my phone again, scanning through my Vouge app before a knock was heard on my door. "Who is it?" I asked as I heard music for the party turn on. "Sloane Grace Beck's boyfriend who is absolutely in love and obsessed with her." I raised an eyebrow, not answering back. I continued to scroll.

Another knock on my door was heard.

"Sorry—don't know you-" I screamed as the door flew open, Blake waltzing in and then shutting it behind him. I locked my phone as I looked at him in shock. Funnily enough, the barbie dress was now in a pile on the ground.

Blake, however—wasn't in his normal attire.

He looked like he was ready to go play a round or two of golf.

Reaching down, he picked up the tiny fabric. Walking towards me, I scooted myself all the way back on my bed. Letting out a squeal, his arm reached out, pulling my entire leg towards him.

"I'm sorry," He apologized as he forced me to look into his eyes. Chewing on my cheek I heard cheers and laughter—lots of loud noises coming from the living room. However, the silence was so loud in my room.

However, there was such an overwhelming loudness of Finn's words in my head.

He did have a lot going on.

Maybe—I should've been more cautious of his feelings?

"Me too—but I'm not apologizing for being upset with you not texting me back," I responded. He nodded as I sat up, him dropping my leg completely.

Patting the bed, he sat down next to me. "Let's talk about it." He suggested as I nodded. "I have a lot going on obviously, I should've shot you a text today—I just assumed that you knew that I was busy and I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry," I was shocked.

Was he even the same person from months before?

"I'm sorry that I acted like such a bitch, I will do a better job at not just assuming you were ignoring me." I apologized as well. He reached for my hand, his large one taking hold of mine. I smiled at the tattoos that were covering his hand and knuckles.

"And you aren't clingy. Sometimes I wish you were more clingy that way you'd climb me like a pole." I let out a laugh as he smiled at me after speaking. Nodding, I hummed.

I for one thought I was clingy enough—if I wasn't with him we were always texting or on the phone—or I was at his games. Or even when he was at practice, I was still his background photo.

I was near him but apparently not enough.

Tapping his leg, I smiled at him. "Let's blow this popsicle stand." I reached for his hand as he chuckled. Shaking his head, "we aren't going anywhere with me dressed like this." He freaked out as I laughed.

"We'll go somewhere private—I promise that only I know," I swore as he cocked an eyebrow at my words. Standing up, I grabbed his hand. "Live a little, Ken." I teased as he shook his head at me.

"Okay, but I didn't bring the Tesla." He warned as I looked at him confused. "I brought my truck, it's easier for Reese to get in and out of." I nodded. "Where are the keys?" I asked but he froze.

Shaking his head he let out a chuckle. "Oh no no no, you're not driving my baby." I smiled at him. "But I thought that I was your baby?" I batted my eyelashes at him as he chewed on his cheek—contemplating.

Finally, he sighed giving up. Reaching into his pocket—he pulled out the keys before leaning down and placing a deep kiss on my lips. I moaned in his mouth as he grabbed my ass. Pulling away, I gave him another kiss on his neck—I slid on my shoes that were beside my bed as I pulled him behind me. We walked out of my bedroom together into the dark light that had led, and disco ball lights shining all around us.

'All My Friends' By Snakehips was blaring through our speakers as our apartment that was once clean and smelled like linen and lemons—now smelt of fireball and cheap beer. If Naomi was here, she'd freak.

"Where are you two going!" Finn yelled at me over the music, pulling herself away from the pong table. "Couple bonding time!" I yelled back. Winking at me, she gave us both a thumbs up as we walked out of the noisy apartment.

I let out a loud squeal as Blake picked me up, carrying me down the steps as if I were a football. He sprinted out of the lobby doors and towards the truck. He set me on the ground, opening the passenger side door as I laughed.

Shaking my head, I walked around him to the tailgate. Pulling it down, I was thankful to see an empty bed. "Grab the blankets you have in the backseat!" I ordered him as he gave me a confused look.

I climbed onto the bed before laying down the huge quilt he was handing me, and then two separate blankets. Kicking off my shoes, I laid down under the blanket. Patting the spot next to me, I let out a loud round of laughter as the tall wide receiver, tried to get comfortable on the bed of his own truck.

"What are we doing?" He asked as I shushed him- pointing to the stars.

"We're watching the moon and stars? How dumb is that? Do I look as pussy as Mattison Williams?" I rolled my eyes smacking his chest as he shivered, pulling me into his body and placing his face into my neck.

"My girl," He whispered as I got goosebumps from his warm breath hitting my neck in the cold air.

"Shush, I'm trying to watch our galaxy," I ordered.

"You're the only thing in my galaxy." I paused as I heard his admittance. Trying to fight off my smile, I focused really hard on the crescent moon.

"This is like our possible last normal night together." He whispered as I frowned, taking in his words as they hit me all at once.

"We could spend the night with each other for the next couple of days?" I suggested as he winced. "I have to go be with my family. I have to be with them for the actual election." He explained as I sighed.

The truth was brutal—wasn't it Charlie?

I nudged him, "You aren't going to leave me just because you'll be the next big American heartthrob—right?" I teased him as he scoffed. His fingers tightened against me as he pulled me closer to him.

"I'm not leaving you—ever." His voice held a promise.

I stayed silent as I chewed on my bottom lip, at least he couldn't see the tears building in my eyes. Was I happy crying and sad crying at the same time? Yeah—I guess I was.

But that is what happens when you don't know what your future holds—our whole relationship could change within the next couple of days—and I would have zero control over it.

"You better not be crying and that better be just a drop of salty rain," He warned as I let out a chuckle. That's when the tears started to pour out of my eyes, I tried to catch my breath but I let out a hiccup I was crying so hard.

He sat up immediately as my hands covered my face in defense—I didn't want him to see me crying like this—I was overly vulnerable at this moment. "Sloane, lovebug, what's wrong?" He tried to pry my hands away from my face- but I wouldn't let him.

But I was utterly terrified because the last time things got too complicated—I had to go back into rehab. The last time things got too complicated—I got cheated on.

If things got complicated again, I don't know how my life would pan out especially if it meant being without him.

I continued to sob as he released my hands. "Sloane, open your eyes." He ordered. But I refused to do so—I still had way too many tears left to cry.

"Please—I promise you you'll be happy. Open your eyes." He ordered.

Wiping my eyes from the tears, my eyesight was blurry.

But realizing that he was holding a tiny box open, I froze.

"Blake," I warned as I rubbed my eyes again—trying to see clearly—to make sure it wasn't my imagination. He chuckled, before shifting the tiny box into one of his hands. He reached for mine, smiling at me.

"I wasn't talking to you for a reason today, Blondie. You really think I could go a whole day without talking to the best yet most annoying thing to ever happen to me?" I laughed through my tears as he rubbed my hand.

"It's a promise ring—calm down. But I didn't want to buy a larger rock without you picking it out." I smiled, my lip quivering as I continued to stare at the best thing that had ever happened to me.

"It's a promise—that no matter what happens within these next couple of days, I'm not leaving you." He proclaimed as I nodded. I was in awe.

He let out an awkward chuckle as I snapped back to reality, realizing I hadn't said if I accepted it or not. I nodded, "Put it on me—you loser." I teased as he laughed. Grabbing my left hand, he pulled the shiny diamond out of the box. However, it was simple—it wasn't flashy—it was like us.

Sliding the ring onto my fourth finger, I stared down at it in awe.

"I fucking hate you," I spoke exasperated as he chuckled, I looked up at him as he smiled.

"I still fucking hate you too, Blondie."

You're not alone in your battles- please seek help. My messages are always open.

Information about eating disorders.

If you need to seek help, please do. You're not alone!

National Eating Disorder's Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Crisis Textline:
Text CONNECT to 741741

Depression and anxiety are serious issues that should be addressed. We need to end the stigma around them, I love you all. Don't feel ashamed ever to be depressed or have anxiety.

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is: 1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts about harming yourself please talk to someone- my messages are always open and my comments are always open as well.

The stigma around mental health must end!

Hey besties...

Okay, my next update should be sunday.

xoxo.

Hold tight- here comes the rollercoaster. love you all and thank you for everything.

vote and comment!

connect with me!

twitter: naomijadeblack

instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites

twitter: thinkingofthoughtswrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 3.5K 17
๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š. ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ง๐™ค๐™˜๐™  ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™. Leaving her broken ho...
4.2M 108K 55
Hoping for no distractions during her senior year of college, Ryan finds herself in a whirlwind romance following a one-night stand with the last per...
132K 10.4K 64
โœฌ ๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐”ป๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ ๏ผ† ๐•ƒ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐•Š๐•–๐•ฃ๐•š๐•–๐•ค โœฌ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
555K 23.8K 106
We're not in love. Our past is a dumpster fire. The best we are is friends with benefits... without the friends' part. Jake Harrison, USC's star quar...