Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 103

1.5K 94 97
By Just_for_a_change

Stilhts POV

Despite everything, Sam had invited me back for discussions about the war. I was kept in a cell at all other times. He thought my input would be crucial and since I had done everything for the good of the clans anyway he didn't think it was a bad idea.

But I didn't think he was doing it for the right reasons. It was for that girl and not for the clan. Well, at least one good thing came out of her near-death anyways. Now we got to go to war for her. How delightful.

I had a feeling Sam was extremely displeased with Blaze marking her and wanted her by his side already. Not risk letting her stay any longer lest she developed feelings. She was the alpha king's mate after all. They are bound to be attracted to each other. And every moment they stayed together, the chance of that happening increased.

I could practically feel the cogs turning in Sam's head at the possibilities, the painful turmoil in him.

I also knew he was thankful for what Blaze did. My master couldn't have saved her as he did. His mark wouldn't have helped. He had accepted that grudgingly. I could tell. But that still didn't stop him from wanting Blaze gone. If it was possible to stimulate a poison that can cut off your wolf and kill your human half from your wolf, surely one that can cut off your mate bond is a possibility. He couldn't kill Blaze without that.

Sean, Scott, and even Sage agreed to the rushed and almost reckless plan. We had months to prepare but still. They all just wanted the girl back with them.

Or maybe they just treated her as a weapon and wanted her back with them.

Whatever it was, the plans commenced with us discussing logistics and where each of us will be stationed. The date was decided to be the alpha's farewell party. According to the spy, that's when they will all gather together. It will be the perfect time to attack and get rid of them all in one fell swoop.

Of course, their numbers would give us trouble. But that's where we will get a little bit of help to level. The playing field. All the experiments had turned out very successful.

Sam's eyes glimmered with hope as he looked at the plans. I had enjoyed seeing that look on my master's face but now it wasn't for what it used to be. It was for that girl. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were just supposed to use her and throw her away.

I remembered when I questioned him if he was falling for her and he had just brushed me away.

I sighed. Well as long as we can go for war and win. I suppose I shouldn't care too much about Sam's reasons.

......................

Zara POV

I had felt someone's warm tears on my face when I woke up. He had looked down at me with such relief. His blue eyes brimming with tears.

It had felt like I had woken up from a reverie instead of a coma. I rubbed my head remembering the feeling. Everything looked brighter, more colorful, the scents were stronger, the air fresher. I was noticing little things I would have ignored previously.

Perhaps the fear of death taught you to appreciate the finer things in life.

The uncontrollable rage and chaos I had felt within me at all times had somehow calmed down and I didn't feel as on edge anymore. I didn't feel like I wanted to rip out Blaze's face every time I saw him. It was... a good feeling.

Peace. Inner peace. Finally.

Or maybe I was dead and dreaming about all this.

I felt like myself again. And I haven't in a long time. Zarine was awfully quiet within me and I finally realized what it was. The poison had erased some of her effects on me for good. I wasn't as brainwashed anymore. I could think clearer.

I always thought the rage was a part of me that I shared with my wolf. But I suppose it wasn't.  It was only something that part of my mind felt. And now that the influence had pulled away I could think clearer. I was finally getting out of a role I had no choice but to play. She seemed to have realized this and wouldn't talk to me. The pains of having someone read your mind I tell you.

I remembered back at the time when I had felt normal like this last. It was before the premature shift before my wolf forced her way through. Her trauma was stromger than mine. Because she had to deal with her mate's rejection the moment she came to. Or maybe that's why she came so early. Of course, it doesn't mean that I forgave Blaze. I just felt enough was enough with the fighting. I no longer supported the violence.

And I knew Zian could sense the shift in my thoughts so she religiously stayed away. As if it would be better to never confront me at all. I had tried approaching her several times. But she just pushed me out albeit gently since she knew I was still a bit fragile even in my mind. That gave me hope. She still cared.

But she wouldn't talk to me. As if she couldn't fix it. Whatever the poison was, when it severed the connection between me and my wolf, it had also severed her influence on me. She could feel my determination to see her contained, considering her as dangerous. Considering her as the monster that had plagued me all this time. Zian was the dark monster within me. And now that I knew what it was I could keep it contained better. I could feel her hurt and disappointment at that. She is a part of my life and I did love her but I couldn't let her run berserk.

She shut me out completely when she realized this. Choosing to settle in a dark corner of my mind she claimed her own. I knew her rage was the part of me that loved myself, but it still didn't seem like a good enough excuse. Not anymore.

I even tried teasing her about her concern for me and her fear that I would leave her alone and die. Usually, she would be provoked by that. But this time she just turned away and stayed mute. It was a bit concerning. I suppose it was hard to differentiate her emotions from my own when had just woken up. I had felt similarly then.

Usually, it's the human half that held dominance over the wolf. When the wolf took dominance (especially during short plights of emotion) it's called going berserk. Everyone goes berserk once in a while when they feel strong emotions and their wolf takes over. Mine had just lasted longer. For years. Without my knowledge. I was so used to it, I couldn't even notice which part of me was me and which of me was her.

I felt like I was waking up from a pre-mediated role. Like I was feeling the things I was supposed to feel. But I wished I still could back to it, the ignorance, the rage, and the selfishness. Out of the blood lust and hunger for power. Like I could feel empathy again. The horror at everything I had done was washing back onto me. The shame, the pain, the guilt. Zian had whined at that. Such things made her uncomfortable. She had never had to deal with such emotions. She had shut me out completely after that. All I knew was that she was glad I wasn't dead; not completely for unselfish reasons though. She knew she would lose her intelligence and become normal if I died. That was all I could tell.

I sighed.

It was like something had pulled me to do wrong and I couldn't help myself. It was cowardly to just put all the blame on my wolf though. I had let it get that bad. Let it fester when I should have been helping her.

I felt like this was why I was supposed to be if situations were different. If Blaze had accepted me if it wasn't for the pre-mature shift. If it wasn't for my wolf.

I felt like I had finally found myself. Or what was left of it. Atlas one good thing had come out from the poison.

And mostly I could feel my bond with Blaze clearer than ever, his memories and thoughts flowed into me seamlessly. And he kept the bond always open. But I couldn't reciprocate. Because of the guilt, the shame at everything I had done.

And I finally understood what the gang represented to me. They were my support system. A sort of Luna's legion if you will.

Every alpha luna team had an intimate team who were their first in command. Their first team to call and rely on. And that's what the gang was to me. That's why we had a strong bind. And I had a feeling Raven was at the head of it. Since the bond, I had felt to her was stronger than everyone else's. Not like what I had with Blaze, we could not feel each and every emotion but it was still a close second.

They had all accepted me so warmly when I came to. I had felt tears prickling my eyes but I had blinked it away. Stacy even commented that I laughed unreservedly now. That they were glad to see me like this. And Amelia, my best friend. She had recognized it in my eyes when she saw me. I had apologized for everything I had done like electrocuting her mate. They forgave me. Even Hails looked more relaxed around me. That was a good sign.

I had talked to each and every one of them and apologized for everything wrong I had done. Especially Jason. He had cried at that. And then I teased him about Jem and that was that.

I even apologized to Jem for everything. She just gave me a tight smile and told me she forgave me but I couldn't bring myself to believe her. I can't expect to fix everything with everyone in one go after all.

I felt like I could laugh easier now. I would feel my mom or dad or even Blaze stare at me as if they couldn't believe my change. I supposed I couldn't believe it either.

Blaze would blush and look away whenever I caught his eye. He did that a lot now. It was cute.

And I smiled encouragingly at mom. I was yet to talk and clear the air between my parents and Blaze. I didn't forgive them yet. But I could begin the process now. After everything I put them through, they deserved it.

I have even had a long, long, long talk with Zarine who made me promise not to 'pull a stunt like that'. Considering he was my guardian just like Raven if not with a stronger bond, I would have teased him too. But something told me tats the last thing he needed to hear.

To be honest, everyone was surprised at my shift. How easily I laughed and teased and how quick I was to apologize for what I put them through. They told me they were happy that I was alive and to forget everything. That's the luna's legion for you. I still cringed at my naming. I needed to come up with a better name than that atleast.

Blaze somehow seemed more protective and possessive now but still respectful of my wishes. He would leave me alone to talk with them if I asked. Even alone with the males even though I knew he was stewing inside. His ears will be plastered to the door probably. I was amused at that. He was like a lovesick pup.

We needed to talk soon. I was shocked when he had asked me if I had tried to kill myself because of him. Oh, that must be the guilt he carried. I felt sorry for him. His poor soul. That must have been some burden! I regretted the words I spoke to him in that cell, I shouldn't have told him that of all things.

I felt like everything was coming into perspective finally. But the darkness and uncertainty still lurked a the back of my mind. The war. I needed to confess to them. And I would, as soon as I was ready. I just wanted to enjoy this peace for a while longer. I couldn't anticipate their reaction. Will they be angry? Will they leave me? Probably. Now that I was able to think clearer, I could see the possibilities were endless and I was concerned about the outcome too.

I shook my head out of it. Soon. I will tell them soon. I had to. I will have one last day of peace before everything went nuts around me again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 3.5K 37
"We might be mates but this thing we have cannot even be described as a relationship. I am tired of you yelling at me, I am tired of you act like I d...
22.6K 1.2K 54
"I, Amelia Anderson, reject Nickolas Adams II as my mate." I have had enough. I don't know why I didn't even reject him the second I arrived here. Wh...
132K 3.2K 20
Cordelia Gray and her twin Connor Gray were born during the war between werewolf packs. The war lasted longer than any of the packs would've guessed...
352K 11.8K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...