Style // Sirius Black

Galing kay sxveme

Hating someone is the same as falling in love. Close proximity is the bullet in the barrel for both, but it's... Higit pa

Disclaimer
Cast
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Update
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XII - Part I
Chapter XII - Part II
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Authors Note
Chapter XXIII
Authors Note
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Authors Note
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI - Part One
Chapter LI - Part II
Epilogue
Authors Note
The Sequel

Chapter XI

8.6K 264 473
Galing kay sxveme

Lyra has been screwed over more times than she'd care to admit. Whether it be by someone she loves or someone she can't stand. She's had terrible luck in love, and she sometimes finds herself wondering if her friends only hang out with her because of her brother. The only person Lyra was positive wasn't using her was Lily because they became friends long before she and James became anything other than acquaintances. But even she had loyalties lying with the Marauders, so Lyra felt alone.

She wasn't sure if she could fully trust Regulus just yet. Sure, he hadn't done wrong by her so far, but she's always been able to keep her walls up long enough to figure that out. But with the way he treaded around her carefully, as though testing her allegiance to the good side of the war, Lyra felt as though he were honest with her. But then again, she also thought that she and Sirius would just end up hating each other forever. Yet, he seemed to have other plans.

Whatever game the eldest Black brother was playing was dangerous, and Lyra was extremely close to exploding on him and anyone around. Perhaps that was what James was hiding from her, the fact Sirius was dicking her around for his own amusement, letting her foolishly believe that someone could feel those things towards her.

But she and James never did these sorts of things to one another. James was the one constant in her life, and although they were different, Lyra knew he loved her. It was only recently when the letters began popping up, and Regulus showed himself, things began to come between them. The timing was everything to the younger twin, and everything was becoming too convenient for her liking.

-----

"Okay, go back to the beginning," Regulus sighed, leaning back against the wall of the astronomy tower, watching the blonde pace continuously, "I'm struggling to understand."

"At the start of the year, I began receiving these very romantic letters from a secret admirer," Lyra repeated, running a shaking hand through her hair, "I thought they were from you or Pierre. But no, they were from your sadistic older brother!"

"I don't think Sirius is that cruel, Lyra," Regulus sighed, pursing his lips the same way that James had done earlier, "Maybe he fancies you."

Lyra scoffed at the mere thought of Sirius Black having the hots for her. She stopped her pacing at the balcony of the tower, gripping the railing and staring out at the castle sprawling in front of her. He had done nothing but make her life miserable her entire life at Hogwarts, so the blonde seriously doubted he fancied her. And if he did, he needed to learn better-flirting techniques because they weren't in grade school. Lyra didn't want to fall for someone who made her hate herself and the life she lived.

"He's a dick, I know," Regulus grumbled, running a hand down his face, "But I don't think he meant to hurt you this much. He probably thought it was just another innocent prank."

"Yeah, well," Lyra whispered, pursing her lips and biting back the tears that threatened to spill, "It wasn't innocent."

She wasn't sure what it was that hurt her about the entire scenario. Perhaps it was how she genuinely thought that someone might have liked her differently than before. But deep down, she knew that wasn't why. The problem was that her conscious mind couldn't put her finger on what hurt the most. Lyra wasn't prepared to admit that one little detail to herself, and she'd be damned if she let anyone in on what was really nagging her.

"I want to get back at him," Lyra stated, turning and facing the tall boy leaning against the wall, "I don't care how, but I need to get back at him."

Regulus smirked at her words and pushed himself off the wall, sauntering forward with a devilish glint in his eyes. Whatever it was forming in his head, Lyra knew it would cause her a landfill of issues in the future, but she didn't care. She was willing to screw everything up if it meant causing Sirius the same hurt that he had caused her over the years. Regulus may just be the way to do that, and it seemed that both the Potter and Black children knew that fact. How they were going to go about it? Well, it was Regulus who had the plan.

"The plan I mentioned earlier...Well, that may just fit right in with what you want to do."

"Tell me."

"You just got yourself a fake boyfriend, Lyra Euphemia Potter."

-----

They didn't want to make it too obvious, so the two decided to make more public appearances with one another over the following week. They'd walk through the halls with each other, spend time in the library, even went as far as holding hands in the courtyard. People began to take notice, specifically James, Sirius, and Pierre. Either James wasn't sure what was going on, or he didn't know how to approach Lyra about it because he had avoided her ever since she and Regulus set their plan in motion.

Regulus was dead set on the fact that Pierre was a Death Eater, so he would bring Lyra home with him for Christmas and 'integrate her' into the family to learn all the secrets and run into Pierre. Most Death Eater meetings were held in the Black house, and Regulus knew one was going on. If they could get proof of Pierre being there, they could expose him to Dumbledore and take him down before whatever he was planning went beyond stopping.

On the other side of it, Lyra was using this plan to get back at Sirius. Subconsciously, it was killing her, but the reasons why were something she wasn't prepared to come to terms with. So instead, she would hold onto Regulus's arm whenever Sirius was around, laughing at something he said and putting on her best flirtatious smile.

"You swear they won't actually try to make me a Death Eater," Lyra whispered as she and Regulus sat in the Slytherin common room, her legs thrown over his as they sat curled on the couch, despite there not being anyone around, "Because I'm doing this to destroy the Death Eaters, not join them."

"Hey," Regulus whispered, lifting her chin with his middle and pointed finger, breath fanning her face, "I promised you I'd protect you there. We just have to make it look believable."

Lyra nodded and dropped her head, sliding her chin from his fingers and staring back down at the book in her hands. Even when no one was around, she and Regulus didn't want to risk their plan being exposed, so he insisted they continued acting like a couple. He had even gone as far as telling his mother he was bringing home a nice pureblood girl home for Christmas. He and Lyra agreed she would go home to the Potter Manor for a few days so her parents weren't suspicious but would spend the last week at the Black home.

She had told her parents that she was seeing Regulus Black and vaguely explained that she was doing something for the war effort. Both Euphemia and Fleamont trusted Lyra and agreed. She had made sure to do it in a code they always used to send important messages between the family, so no one could figure out what was going on.

"Hey, why don't we ever go to the Gryffindor common room?" Regulus questioned, drawing small patterns into Lyra's shoulder after he wrapped his arm loosely around her.

"I think James would have a fit," Lyra lied, not lifting her gaze from the words on the page, knowing damn well the reason she never wanted to go there, "Plus, we'd have to really lay on the couple façade thick."

"Is that such a bad thing?" Regulus hummed, nosing Lyra's cheek gently, "Pretending to be in love with me?"

"You're ridiculous," Lyra chuckled and shut her book, shoving him weakly, "You know that? Don't tell me you genuinely want to be a couple."

"Mm," Regulus mumbled as he dropped his face into the crook of her neck, "No, but you act like it would be the worst thing in the world."

Lyra placed the thick book to the side and rested her cheek on the top of Regulus's head as he nuzzled deep into her. She had to admit; it was nice being held and having someone's devoted attention. But she had to remind herself this wasn't for her benefit but to teach Sirius a lesson and expose the spy within Gryffindor. She wouldn't deny that she worried Regulus's lingering touches and constant affection worried her. The last thing she wanted was for him to fall for her genuinely.

She knew she couldn't fall for him, no matter how much she knew it was better for it. Lyra knew it would be perfect, her and Regulus. But much to her dismay, she knew where her heart laid. She'd be dead before she admitted it, though.

"What do you say about me planting a kiss on you tomorrow in the Great Hall?" Regulus questioned, lifting his head and eying her lips, "And seal the deal."

Lyra raised an eyebrow and leaned her head backwards at his suggestion. She knew that it would have to happen eventually, or people would start to wonder what was actually going on between the two. But something was holding the blonde back from agreeing enthusiastically. Perhaps it was the backlash she'd get from her brother or friends, or that deep nagging feeling that was keeping her from falling willingly into Regulus's scheme. The way he looked at her was something new, and there was clearly a deeper meaning behind his eyes. Lyra just didn't want her worst nightmares to come true.

"Don't you think it's a little early?" Lyra reasoned, pursing her lips and sitting up more, putting a bit more space between her and the Black sons faces.

"We can wait if you'd like," Reggie nodded, draping his arm over the back of the couch, "We'll take this whole plan at your pace, Lyra."

Lyra nodded at his words and settled back into the couch, shifting slightly so her head rested on his shoulder. She knew that turmoil was right around the corner for her and Regulus, specifically from the Gryffindors she called her best friends. She just hoped it didn't jeopardize the relationships she'd built over the last few years. The thing she worried about the most though was her brother and how he might see what Lyra was doing.

James could see right through Lyra most of the time, but the two had grown apart recently and she felt like a hole inside of her was growing. There was a James shaped mark missing from her heart, one filled with memories of their life before Hogwarts and the number of pranks they used to pull together. But something was tugging the two apart, keeping them from growing together.

-----

"Where were you?" James snapped, grabbing her arm as Lyra walked back into the Gryffindor common room, "I haven't seen you all day."

"Look who's decided to care all of the sudden," Lyra spat, tugging her arm away from the taller boy, "Sirius not giving you any attention today?"

"I get your pissed at me," James grunted, following the blonde as she tried to walk away from him, "But you can't just abandon everyone like they're nothing. It's not just me you're hurting by doing this, Lyra, you're hurting Lily and Remus too!"

Lyra stopped in her tracks and turned her attention to her twin, a fire lighting deep within her. All the anger she had tried to bury inside of her was on the verge of exploding, and it was James who would be the poor son of a bitch to take the brunt of it. A few younger years were gathered around the common room, watching the two Potters have it out in the middle of the area.

"That's what you care about?" Lyra began, her voice eerily calm, "Not the fact that your own sister has been purposefully avoiding you. Or how your best friend has made her life a living hell. Unless you've forgotten, James, I share a dorm with Lily. Her and I are fine. And Remus? I still study with him daily. I hang out with Peter; I spend time with Marlene. The only time you seem to notice that I'm not doing okay is when I have to yell it at you in the middle of a hall!" She unleashed, her voice breaking halfway, "So, I'm sorry if they're telling you something I'm ignorant to. But for once, could you realize that I just need my brother?"

The room had cleared out, both twins were standing in front of the other with chests heaving and faces flushed. Lyra had tears brimming her waterline and her fists were clenched. James had a mirroring expression on his face, both of their lips downturned in an angry and frustrated pout. Lyra knew that she wasn't being entirely fair to James, but she didn't care. The only times he noticed when something was going on with Lyra is when she stopped letting him get away with being Sirius Blacks lapdog.

"Lyra," James started, voice replicating hers, "You think I don't care? You think I don't notice you slipping away from me?"

"Clearly not!" She yelled, calm composure slipping as she threw her arms up in annoyance, "Because the only time you care James, is when it's convenient to you!"

"That's not true."

"It's not?" Lyra laughed, the tears slipping from her eyes, "Sometimes James, Sirius makes me wonder if you would have been better off without me. And the only time you seem to notice is when it affects you."

"Lyra, he doesn't mean it like that!"

"THEN WHAT DOES HE MEAN!?" The blonde yelled, voice cracking and breaking as she let the emotions finally pool over, "What does he mean? Is this how he makes friends? Is this how he flirts? I'm not a toy for him to throw around and play with until he's satisfied!"

"What's going on here?" Remus's voice cut through, his steps light as he walked down the stairs from the dorms, "Why're you two yelling?"

Lyra dropped her hands and let her eyes flutter shut. The tears that were falling from her eyes were that of a guizer. Too much pressure built up and exploded from her all at once. She loved that James had been lucky enough to find someone like Sirius for himself, to have that relationship. She just wished he would stop letting him get away with making Lyra's life a living hell, so that she and her twin could finally come together as they had when they were younger.

Lyra and James were the original pranksters that had plagued the halls of Hogwarts when they were 12 in their first year. They would use anything they could to set up practical jokes in McGonagall's office and even had the guts to take on Dumbledore. Then James had met the other Marauders. At the start, Lyra and Sirius were fine. They joked and were typical 12-year-old kids. Then second year hit, and things became tense between the two. It was then when the tormenting from the boy began, and Lyra and his feud originated.

"Everything's fine," Lyra whispered, her voice betraying her as she stared directly at her brother, infamous pout evident on her lips, "Perfectly bloody fine."

Lyra didn't wait for anything the other boys had to say and stormed from the common room, bypassing Marlene and Dorcas as they entered. The looks they gave her were laced with concern, but the blonde didn't have time for their pity. Instead, she raced through the halls towards the back courtyard, knowing that the one person who may be able to talk her down would find her. Her steps quickened and mind raced as she tore from the castle, running down the hill towards the Black Lake, dodging the quizzical looks from the other students.

-----

The sun dipped just below the treeline, leaving the moon to light up the snow around Lyra as she stared at the frozen landscape in front of her. She had been out here for hours, contemplating everything she was doing and where her life was going. The sound of crunching snow pulled her from her daze, his lithe figure taking root next to the blonde where she sat. They stayed in silence for a few moments before he broke the quiet promise.

"He didn't eat anything for dinner," Remus stated, eyes peering out at the lake, just as she was, "I had to drag him with Lily to even get him to go."

"If you're expecting me to feel sorry for him, I'll throw you into the lake," she sighed, shifting her seat on the dock before turning to look at the boy, "Because I could care less if he throws a pity party."

"I don't think it's a pity party," the lycanthrope shrugged, turning his head to meet her eyes, "I think he's realizing where he went wrong."

"Took him long enough," she grumbled, pulling her knees to her chest as the bite of the cold became aggressive, "Took you long enough to come out here too."

"It's bloody cold out," he laughed, "I didn't expect you to come here. I looked in your dorm and other places but then I remembered you're a blasted mad woman."

"Yeah, but you love me," Lyra chuckled, her red nose scrunching slightly before turning her neck to glance at the boy again.

His gaze on hers was fire, and Lyra felt that familiar bubble in her stomach well up. It was the same one she felt one Regulus looked at her, unspoken words sitting on the tip of his tongue. The two sat in silence for another while as Lyra attempted to push the feeling she was getting away when his stare intensified. The blonde cleared her throat, turning her attention back towards the frozen lake in front of her.

"If it makes you feel better," Remus began, "I had it out with Sirius a few times about some of the things he's said to you."

"Can you tell me why he treats me like I'm nothing more than dirt on his shoe?" Lyra questioned, "Or why he thought it was a funny prank to leave me love letters."

"Love letters?" Remus returned, his face scrunched in a quizzical expression, earning a mirrored one from the blonde next to him.

"Yeah," she nodded, tugging the parchment from her pocket and handing it to the boy, "Figured he'd tell you all about these."

Remus took the crumpled pieces of paper from the blonde and read over the few lines. His expression was confused, and Lyra wondered if this was one of Sirius's more private pranks. Perhaps not even James knew about them, or any of the other Marauders. But Sirius and the other boys shared everything with each other, so it would only make sense that a prank on Lyra of all people was a group effort.

"Lyra, I had no idea he wrote these."

The younger Potter twin felt her stomach lurch at the boy's confession. James probably wasn't aware of the letters, nor was Peter. Sirius was the only one who was aware of what he was doing, which wasn't typical of a prank he pulls. If this was a private thing between Lyra and Sirius, that means it could have been something entirely opposite of a joke. Something that Lyra would never wish upon anyone who believes another person to be their sworn enemy.

Perhaps the letters were the bullet in the barrel of the game of roulette love was. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.7K 57 68
As Sirius grew up, he not only had to battle the growing disappointment his parents had brewing for him, but also the odd dance that fired in his sto...
9.5K 114 10
> What if Sirius had a twin sister? What if she was an animagus and became a marauder? What if she falls in love with Remus Lupin? This is the story...
55.3K 1.5K 10
****COMPLETED**** Sirius and y/n used to get along. As a valued member of the Marauders, y/n is known for her witty comebacks, great hair, and for n...
75.3K 2K 20
β€’ Sirius X Reader β€’ Nobody seems to know why Y/N and Sirius hate each other. They just do. Maybe it's just embedded in their DNA. Maybe pureblood Sly...