Trial & Error

By KYNDIOR

Four beautiful African American best friends navigate their own trial and error through modern day society. More

Trial and Error
1 | Jade
2 | Caren
3 | Joie
4 | Andi
5 | Jade
6 | Caren
7 | Joie
8 | Andi
9 | Jade
10 | Caren
11 | Joie
12 | Andi
13 | Jade
14 | Caren
15 | Joie
16 | Andi
17 | Jade
18 | Caren
19 | Joie
20 | Andi
21 | Jade
22 | Caren
23 | Joie
24 | Andi
25 | Jade
26 | Caren
27 | Joie
28 | Andi
30 | Jade
31 | Caren
32 | Joie
33 | Andi
34 | Jade
35 | Caren
36 | Joie
37 | Andi
38 | Jade
39 | Caren
40 | Joie
41 | Andi
42 | Jade
43 | Caren
44 | Joie
45 | Andi
46 | Jade
47 | Caren
48 | Joie
49 | Andi
50 | Jade
51 | Caren
52 | Joie
53 | Andi
II | Jade
II | Caren
II | Joie
II | Andi
5 | Jade
6 | Caren
7 | Joie
8 | Andi
9 | Jade
10 | Caren
11 | Joie
12 | Andi
13 | Jade
14 | Caren
15 | Joie
16 | Andi
17 | Jade
18 | Caren
19 | Joie
21 | Jade
22 | Caren
23 | Joie
24 | Andi
25 | Jade
26 | Caren
27 | Joie
28 | Andi
29 | Jade
30 | Caren
31 | Joie
32 | Andi
33 | Jade
34 | Caren
35 | Joie
36 | Andi
37 | Jade
38 | Caren
39 | Joie
40 | Andi
41 | Jade
42 | Caren
43 | Joie
44 | Andi
45 | Jade
46 | Caren
47 | Joie
48 | Andi
Epilogue
𝐓&𝐄-𝐈𝐈

20 | Andi

2K 270 107
By KYNDIOR

               It seems like every time I came out the shower the full body mirror taunted and it became a new routine to stop in front of it and examine my post pregnancy body. My breasts were bigger and fuller than I was used to. They went from a perky b-cup to a D. The core of my stomach has a few light hue stretch marks while the love handles that came about were covered in them. My hips was wider, thighs fuller. I felt the baby weight stayed in my cheeks and lips.

               I angled my body to glance behind at the back rolls when I heard, "Baby!" His footsteps came closer and I reached for my robe, and put it on quickly. I tied the string in a hurry just as he walked in. He caught me, raising a questionable brow. "What you doin?"

               "Nothing, babe." I blew out air, pushing hair behind my ear. "What's, uhm, what's up?"

               Hassan eyed me skeptically, walking slowly to me. "You was in hea' doin' something."

               "Babe. Nothing." I smile convincingly and engulfed his waist between my arms. I peered up at him, "What can I do for you baby?"

               "I'm about to head out—"

               "Noo!" I whined as I embraced him tighter, "Not already."

               The vibration of his chuckle went through my ear. "Baby, I know." he reeled back to stare me in the eyes, "But the playoffs startin' and off to Cali."

               I pouted and groaned. "Fine. I can't just lock you away. How long will you be on the road?"

               "I'm away for three days, here three days."

               Again, I groaned and rolled my eyes. "If you gotta go."

               Hassan smiled, kissing me with deep and long pecks. "I love you. I love Arya. And I'm gon' miss y'all. What bout y'all com' to my home games?"

               "You know that means the world's gonna ask questions about this woman and a baby."

               Hassan shrugged. "I'm not worried. You my woman and that's my daughter. That's all it is to it."

               "And her father?"

               "I couldn't care less." he said seriously, "You mine, she mine. Ain't shit else to say."

               "Boy you don't care about nothing." I chuckled.

               I heard my front door close and we both looked at each other. "Do homie gotta key?" he asked.

               "What? Hell, no!"

               "Andi!" It was Joie.

               "But she does have a key."

               "Come out here girl!" Joie continued, "You won't believe this fucking shit."

               I chuckled and took a hold of Hassan's hand. "Come on."

               We made it to the living room and Joie was pacing. She felt our entrance and looked our way. "Bitch, wait til you hear this. Hey, Hassan."

               "What up Joie. I gotta head out, give y'all som' privacy." Hassan kissed me, then left the house.

               "What? What's going on?"

               "Fucking Aqua. Lord let me breathe." I watched Joie take a second to catch her breath as I folded my arms. "This...idiot is working with the FBI."

               To say I was shocked was an understatement. My eyes bulged so fast. "Wait. Hold on. Hold on, Joie. Working with the FBI to put away Taveus?"

               "I don't know, because she's lying about the whole shit." Joie finally stopped pacing and looked at me. "The fucking FBI, Andi! I don't even know what in the hell for or why. Like, when the hell did the FBI approach her? Was it before or after marrying Taveus? Did she only marry him to be a fucking rat? I-I don't understand."

               "Did you ask her?"

               "I caught her ass on the phone and she hung up. But I took her phone and called the number. It went to voicemail. A fucking Agent Douglas Harris."

               "Oh, my God." I was really in disbelief. "Does she not know how freaking dangerous the Crawford-Benson brothers are? What in the world would make her work with the feds?"

               "I don't know, but she's playing with the Devil's son's." Joie stressfully blew out air, "Kyan shot me with no care in the world and it was only because I tried to leave him. I've seen with my own damn eyes what he and Taveus would do to a snitch. It was a bitch too. So what make her think those crazy mufuckas won't chop her head off?"

               I shook my head. "Why does Aqua do that kind of stupid mess? I know that's your sister. You love her, you raised her. But do not put yourself in the middle of what she's doing. She wants to be this tough dummy and work with the FBI against two of the most dangerous brother's in the South, let her handle that mess herself."

               Joie groaned. "You know I can't do that. I have to find out why she would do this. If she is snitching on their dealings, what's the reason behind it? What the hell is she gaining?"

               "Nothing. Which is why you really need to stay out of it. You're not gaining shit either if you get involved. You protect her, you're putting you in harms way. Carrot and Misty needs you more than this world."

               Joie exhaled sharply. "I let that happen Andi, I wouldn't even know what to do with myself. There has to be a reason she's doing this. Granted, Aqua have made dumb-ass decisions. But she's not as dumb as she wants people to believe. She put on that role. But I know her. And I know how the FBI can be. They use shit against you."

               "But what can they really use against her to rat on two individuals she should fear more than the FBI? Aqua ain't been doing that much dirt in her life."

               Joie started to pace again. "I don't know because she did start bartending in that strip club and it's no fucking telling what else she was doing in there."

               "You need to talk to her. Let her know that you know. Put her in a corner and she'll have no choice but to answer your questions."

               There's a knock on the door as Joie says, "I'll beat her ass Andi."

               "Probably what her ass needs." I said as I approached the door. I peered out the peephole and taken aback by who stood on my porch. "Ohh wow. One second!" I shouted so the person could hear.

               "Girl who is that?"

               "My father. Well, Winston." I rushed to the back and put on the first article of clothing I could find—big shirt and sweatpants.

               "You telling me the Winston Gordon's at your door right now?" Joie asked as soon as I came back.

               "Yeah." I unlocked and opened the door. The breeze of his cologne blew in, wafting off his pricey attire. "Uhm, Winston, hi."

               His sunglasses came off at the sight of me. "Sorry to pop up like this, unannounced. Norms told me where you lived and I wanted to bring over some gifts for Arya."

               "Gifts?" I question and he gestured outside. I peaked out and two blacked out Escalades were parked in front of my house and standing outside of them were two men holding the doors open to showcase the SUVs full of gifts. "Uhm, all of that is hers?"

               "Yes ma'am. Toys, shoes, clothes. Gucci, Fendi, all of it." Winston explained, "This is how I spoil my other granddaughters. So, I'm going to reciprocate that energy to Arya as well."

               "Well, thank you." I crossed my arms, "But where's all of this gonna fit? I don't live in no mansion as you can see. All these gifts won't fit."

               "I can buy you a bigger home."

               "No, that's fine." I declined quickly with a quiet chuckle. "We're okay here. I'll accept what can fit. Can we at least agree on that?"

               Winston clasped his hands together. "Let's do it. Arya awake?"

               "It's time to wake up from her nap, so soon, yeah. Come in."

               Winston motioned to the men, then accepted my invitation in. He hung his sunglasses around his shirts neckline when his eyes found Joie.

               "Winston, this is my one of m best friend's Joie. Joie, this is Winston. My father." I introduced the two.

               The two men were coming in with the gifts and I directed them to sit it in the living room with us.

               "Yeah, I know." Joie said dryly, which was to be expected, because from what she'd tell me months ago, I knew she wasn't a fan of him.

               "Joie." Winston repeated her name as if it sound familiar to him.

               "Yes. Joie." She looked at me, "I'm going to leave. Kiss Nugget for me. I'll call you tonight."

               Joie embraced me before heading to the door and Winston said, "Very nice meeting you Joie."

               "Mm-hmm." Joie rolled her eyes, then left out.

               "Ya friend not to fond of me." Winston pointed out.

               "That's just Joie." I said since she was hard on everyone. "I'll go get Arya."

               I went off to wake up my baby girl with a fresh bottle of formula and returned to Winston. He was on the couch, smiling happily at the sight of Arya. He reached for her and I handed her over. Winston fed her while I sat on the other end of the couch.

               I was one to always peep something. "You sounded as if you've heard Joie's name before. Please tell me y'all didn't have this thing in the past."

               Winston chuckled. "Not at all. I'm loyal to my wife. Your friend just reminded me of someone I know."

               "Someone you know?" I repeated, "The only person that Joie could even remind you of is her mother. I'm so rude. Do you something to drink?"

               "No, thank you, babygirl. I'm good." He respectfully declined as Arya had enough to eat and pushed out her bottle. I took ahold of it while Winston burped her. "Her mother, Joie's. They look alike?"

               "Spitting image."

               He appeared thoughtful for a second. "Hmm. That's good, I guess. What about you and your mother? Y'all look alike?"

               "You tell me."

               Winston eyed me. "It's been a while, so, I don't know. I haven't seen her since the night you were conceived."

               Somehow the fear in my birth mother's voice during our first meet popped up in my mind.

               "Did you even want me?" I found myself asking. "And you don't have to spare my feelings. I'm grown. I can handle whatever answer you give me."

               Arya belched softly and Winston looked at her to be sure she was good. "You were a child I conceived with a woman that wasn't my wife. No, I didn't want you. I could apologize. But what would that do? You had your life—"

               "A horrible life." I emphasized as I cut in. "I was in and out of foster care, ran away from there, left in the streets most nights. Robbing stores for clothes and shoes. That was no life for a child. Shit I would've been better off if she did take that abortion money you offered."

               Winston paused, eyebrows furrowing. "What make you think I offered abortion money?"

               "She told me."

               His head tilted questionably. "You've met her before?"

               I nodded. "Yes, I have. Months ago. I mentioned I worked at your bank and she lost it. She moved out fast. She made you seem like a scary dude."

               Winston laughed. "Me, of all people?"

               "Yes. You."

               "That's funny." Winston repositioned Arya as she start to become cranky and settled once her pacifier was placed in her mouth. "I'ma a great guy, Andi. Whatever your mother made up was because I didn't leave my wife for her. Yeah, I gave her money to abort you. But we're here right now. We're building a relationship. My granddaughter loves me. So let's move forward."

               "Then we agree to move forward."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 354 37
"No your in love with me she's the other women!" "Kat I'm sorry..." Find out what happened next...
644 44 17
"Relationships," he starts. "They can either go horribly wrong or very right." COMPLETED
177 44 18
The tale of betrayal , revenge and love .
212 0 10
the story of a group of friends and all their adventures, lives, and troubles.