The Last Lycans

Da RoxNotRocks

Sometimes, a fateful encounter takes the form of a bullet through the head... After years of living as a wolf... Altro

Preface
Chapter 1: Under her skin
Chapter 2 : Run for It
Chapter 3: Flight or Fight
Chapter 4 : The Bangtan Pack
Chapter 5 : The Alpha Problem
Chapter 6 : Sleepless Night
Chapter 7: Food for Thoughts
Chapter 8 : Overflow
Chapter 9: The Player Loses
Chapter 10 : Stronger
Chapter 11: The Shadow of Doubt
Chapter 12: Night Fall
Chapter 13 : Trust
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15 : Transformation Lessons
Chapter 16 : The Shift
Chapter 17 : The Hunt Part 1
Chapter 18: The Hunt Part 2
Chapter 19 : The Hunt Part 3
Chapter 20: Aftermath
Chapter 21: Hard Feelings
Chapter 22: Sneaky
Chapter 23 : Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Chapter 24 : Caught in the Act
Chapter 25 : Ready, Get Set... Back
Chapter 26 : Out of Breath
Chapter 27: Warning
Chapter 28 : Training Session
Chapter 29 : Blunt Strike
Chapter 30 : Tough Love
Chapter 31 : Stronger
Chapter 32 : Bulletproof
Chapter 33 : Invasion
Chapter 34 : Counter Attack
Chapter 35 : Tough Call
Chapter 36: All or Nothing
Chapter 37: Vengeance
Chapter 38 : Remembrance
Chapter 39 : The Weight of Truth
Chapter 40 : Crutch
Chapter 41 : Resolve
Chapter 42 : Made Minds
Chapter 43 : In Charge
Chapter 44 : Big Splash
Chapter 45 : Trouble
Chapter 46 : Harsh Truth
Chapter 48 : Rivalry
Chapter 49 : Close Call
Chapter 50 : Close Appart
Chapter 51 : Confused Hearts
Chapter 52 : Destiny
Chapter 53 : The Choice
Chapter 54 : The Fortress
Chapter 55 : Camp In
Chapter 56 : Preparations
Chapter 57 : Rituals
Chapter 58 : Harmony
Chapter 59 : Ready.
Chapter 60 : A Dark March
Chapter 61 : On Another Level
Chapter 62 : Divide to Conquer
Chapter 63 : The Ways Of War
Chapter 64 : Final Blow
Chapter 65 : Home

Chapter 47 : Night Breeze

646 58 7
Da RoxNotRocks

Yu felt bad for being the first one to leave their little pool party, but she needed time to think about her current situation and the silence of her room was all she needed at the moment.

She stepped out on the balcony and sat the on the railing, balancing her feet in the air, looking at the city stretching out under her.

''Humans do make some pretty interesting things...'' she murmured to herself.

Night was falling slowly and Yoongi eventually stumbled into the room and came on the balcony, leaning on the railing, next to Yuki.

''Don't you dare fall.'' He said and she replied with an eye roll.

''I ruined everything didn't I?'' Yu said looking in the direction of the setting sun.

''What are you talking about?'' Yoongi asked, not quite sure where Yu's question came from.

''Your pack was at peace, safe and in harmony. I stumbled in and destroyed everything it used to be just like that. You were the only one opposed to me staying at the start, but you were right. I made things objectively worst for you all.'' Yu said, wile tilting her head back to fight the feeling of tears threatening to escape her.

''Are you stressing out because of the alpha thing?'' Yoongi asked.

''Partly.'' The girl admitted, swallowing back her tears.

''It's no use wondering how things could have been different. For our current situation having an alpha is the best solution.'' Yoongi said.

''Why did you suggest me?'' Yuki asked honestly.

''Why is it such a surprise? You still think I hate you?'' Yoongi said grumpily.

''I never said that!'' Yu said surprised at how well Yoongi was reading through her.

''Let's make it clear then; I don't hate you.'' Yoongi said.

''I don't hate you either...'' Yuki said.

The both of them were taking, but none was looking at the other, they were staring at the distance. They both felt like if they looked at each other, they wouldn't be able to properly voice their truth, their feelings were complicated enough already without having to worry about getting lost in each other's eyes.

''Besides, the alpha had to be you. Having an alpha means that the alpha will be able to double the strength of our pack by picking a mate. If any of the us became an alpha, we would have picked you as a mate and you would have accepted because that would be the best solution for the pack. By making you the alpha, you at least get to choose.'' Yoongi explained.

''This choice is an impossible one... It's too important of a decision for me to make alone...'' Yu said with a sigh.

''Sooner or later, you would have had to choose one of us anyways. I guess that leaves you with a lot of thinking to do and very little time...''

''Anyone else but you would have reassured me and said some sappy thing like ''follow your heart. '' Yu said, looking at Yoongi's profile, a perfectly traced dark silhouette in the orange sky.

''I don't need to lie to you, we both know how important of a decision you have to make. You better decide well and fast, because this is about to turn into a competition...'' Yoongi said, serious.

''You mean that the boys are gonna start to fight over who gets to be my mate?'' Yu asked.

''It already started, all of them have begun making their move. We're both men and wolves, it's in our nature to fight over our right to dominance. We managed to keep things at a stalemate for a couple of years, but the moment you walked in, it became unavoidable.'' Yoongi explained.

''What about you? You don't seem to be struggling against your instinct or to be at all eager to become an alpha.'' Yu remarked,

''I know how big of a burden it would be, but if you chose me, I wouldn't refuse.'' Yoongi admitted.

''I'm surprised... I thought you'd do anything to avoid having to rule with me...'' Yu said, only half joking.

''It's getting late...'' Yoongi said before slowly walking back in the room.

Yu stood down from her perch on the balcony and followed the man inside their room.

The girl slipped under her covers in awkward silence as Yoongi hit the lights and went to lay on the couch.

Yu couldn't find any rest.

The weather outside had turned into a rainstorm and soon loud thunger came tearing through the sky, making Yu jolt up in her bed.

A second crash of lighting resounded and she pulled the cover over her head, trembling.

A couple of seconds later Yoongi lifted a corner of the blanket to meet Yuki's totally panicked face.

''You okay?'' He asked, sleepily rubbing his eyes as he sat on the bed.

''Yeah, no worries.'' Yu lied, but a third thunder strike came and she let out a little frightened yelp.

''No bullshit this time. Are you okay?'' Yoongi said sternly while pulling the cover off of her.

She shook her head no and sat up in the bed.

''Is it the thunder?'' Yoongi asked, half asleep and clearly in over his head with this situation.

''Back when I lived on my own in the wild and had to go without shelter... Thunder was awful...'' Yu confessed.

''You're safe here... What can I do to help...'' Yoongi said, his tone more patient than usual.

''I don't want to be a bother to you...?'' Yu said, embarrassed to show this side of her to him.

Yoongi's expression grew darker.

''You still think I hate you.'' Yoongi replied.

''I don't... and I don't hate you either. There's no hate between us.'' Yu corrected him.

''You don't hate me? Even though I let that man take you away?'' Yoongi said his emotions unclear.

''It's all good. You did the smart thing.'' Yu replied, wondering where that question came from.

''It might have been the smart thing to do, but I still regret doing it. I'm sorry...''

''You know you don't have to apologise... I'm not angry at you...'' Yu said, feeling her eyes tickle with tears yet again.

Just thinking back about that day still left her uneasy. Yoongi had hit the nail on the head, even though he did the right thing, a part of her was still disappointed he didn't try to save her anyways.

She leaned her head back to try and stop them from coming out but her tears started escaping her.

''Woah! No! No! Please don't cry! I know I was an ass to you on more than one occasion... I'm sorry! I just don't know how to act around you... Dammit what do I do?!'' The man said while looking around, confused.

He sat closer to Yuki and pat her on the back awkwardly.

''Is this helping?...'' Yoongi asked, clueless.

''I don't know how to act around you either...'' Yu admitted before slumping her head on Yoongi's shoulder, still struggling to control her tears and her shaking.

''This is too complicated of a conversation to have right now, let's just go to bed and talk about all that serious stuff tomorrow.'' Yoongi said, still rubbing Yu's back in a comforting manner.

''Stay.'' Yu said, no louder than a whisper.

Yoongi's whole body tensed up.

''Not even an alpha yet and you want to boss me around...'' he said, his tone sarcastic.

''Please... stay with me tonight...'' Yu asked again, her voice more fragile that Yoongi had ever heard it.

Yoongi laid on his back on the bed propping a pillow behind his head.

''Fine... just don't get too-'' he started saying before the girl put her head on his chest and draped an arm across his waist. ''-cuddly''

Her small figure was trembling against him and her breathing was still shallow as he wrapped and arm around her shoulders.

''Isn't this a bit too... intimate?'' Yoongi asked, his heart beating faster as he looked at how comfortably Yu was resting against him.

''Are you uncomfortable?'' the girl asked.

He was the opposite of uncomfortable, this was the sweetest moment of his entire life, but he couldn't tell her that.

''I didn't say that...'' Yoongi muttered.

''Then just shut up and cuddle me...'' Yu said cutely while putting a leg over Yoongi's, now clinging to him like he was one big teddy bear.

''Fiiine...'' Yoongi said, his tone annoyed, but a gummy smile appearing on his face as he ran a hand through the girl's hair.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

335K 15.9K 107
Finding your mate is the most euphoric feeling known to Werewolves, one people spend their whole life waiting for. But what happens when the mate you...
168K 7.2K 32
Taehyung had too much to worry about already let alone trying to find his mate. Being the Alpha of his pack, he needed to protect his pack as well as...
250K 8.6K 37
You meet a wolf in the forest where your house is located. He was hiding behind a bush. You didn't know until you heard a noise coming from the bush...
53.1K 2K 13
Running away and getting lost in the mountainous forest was a mistake, but you meet a wolf that is like no other, who helps you and you instantly gro...