Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 89

1.5K 113 42
By Just_for_a_change

We came back early from out date today as Blaze had some pack business to take care of.

But I don't get much alone time as after a while there's a knock on my door and I am swept away by Jason to join the gang in his room. They were just playing board games and chilling today. Some of them even had drinks in their hands, even though I didn't get the point of it. Our metabolisms makes it impossible for drinks from the human world to have any effect. We would need something a lot stronger. So if they didn't get the buzz why drink such foul tasting products? Probably to look cool.

Again Stacy was looking at Raven weirdly as she shifted so I could sit next to her. Better her than the 'drunk' boys I thought. Stacy had a naughty smirk on her face as she watched Raven as if she knew a secret I didn't. Raven uncharacteristically blushed to that. She looked away immediately and joined in a group discussion among the boys almost desperately. I thought it was interesting but I didn't have the energy to dig any further.

I suddenly felt the cold grips of numbness again. This time from my spine. The phenomenon was happening again. The thing I called the black monster. The thing that wanted to whisk me away and bury me underneath it, forgotten. The Anastasia incident had distracted me from it. 

I pinched my thigh hard, as if to wake from a dream. It worked. Nobody noticed this time. Thankfully.

This was like a small party. It wasn't just the gang, there were many faces I recognised from college including the banshees who after their punishment to do community services, avoided me like the plagues and bowed respectfully to me whenever they saw me. Over dramatic much? They are traumatised after what happened to Mindy and Sierra I guess. After that, no one in college even looks directly at me. Being a pure blooded alpha with Dex as my father and Blaze as my mate did have its advantages. I didn't mind. I was sure they had a thousand gossips to spare behind my back.

There were even some faces I recognised from the ancient packs. It was good to know they were doing well. I turned as I saw Curt approach me. He gestured to talk with me and Raven who saw the exchange frowned. As I got up to talk to him, she followed suit.

"I don't need protection form him you know?" I said and she scowled.

"He is my cousin, why can't I join?" She said with a huff and I left it at that.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Stacy wiggle her eyebrows at Raven and I'm almost sure she looked way at that.

We went to the park downstairs for a walk. I had been hoping to catch one of the alphas from the ancient packs. I asked after how his pack was doing and I got to know some news. Their packs were almost rebuilt. So quickly? Blaze must have really seen this through. And they were even given a hefty compensation for all their troubles and to the families that had lost loved ones. The ancient packs were also to leave right after the farewell ceremony like the other Alphas. It was a big event I suppose.

Things have worked out well on that end. Raven had remained quiet until now.

I suddenly felt warmth on my hand. I looked down to see Curt holding my hand.

"Zara I like you!" He blurted out like a thirteen year old confessing to his first crush.

I was bewildered for a second before I composed myself.

"Have you found your mate yet?" I asked.

He shook his head and started to speak but I stopped him.

"So what sort of brilliant idea did you think it was for you to confess to me when I have a mate and you haven't even met yours yet? " I asked . Seriously what coconut had to full on your head at some point in universal time to think this would he a good idea. Of course I didn't voice that part. He is an alpha after all and it's not right to disrespect him so much.

He blushed hard.

What's with idiotic wolves all around me jumping the gun and asking other girls out when their own mate hasn't showed up. This is the kind of thing that could wreck homes. This is why we had mates. Why were there idiotic males who thought they could beat that? Why did they want to challenge the moongoddess? Why couldn't they use their brains for a second?

Probably because they can't resist your pure blooded alpha aura. My wolf commented.

But I have a mate. I complained.

Yes and you make no secret of the fact that you don't like him and that you don't plan on accepting him. Is it such a leap if they had hope? She asked me sarcastically.

Touché. The only thing Blaze was good for was helping me keep annoyances like this away. I could see now that as long as I didn't accept him, it would mean that people would approach me when he wasn't around.

Like dear Curt here.

Raven growled and pulled away my hands form his. Sometimes she is like a mini Blaze. He would be so proud of her.

"Curt I have a mate and you haven't even found yours yet. This is a recipe for disaster." I said exasperatedly.

"But hypothetically..." he began.

"Hypothetically nothing. You have seen how Blaze is after everything is said and done. You think you will be any different?" I asked.

"You can resist it." He protested.

"Yes because my wolf is abnormal." I blurted out. He had a good point though. If I can do it why can't he? I really needed to live how I preached for this to work. Then again if I did that I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

"Curt wait for your mate, it is worth it. Seriously you wouldn't be able to resist the bond and neither will she. Besides you are an alpha. You need to think of your pack first. Especially after what they have been through. If everything went wrong, what would you be putting them through?" I said gently, trying to reason.

That did it. He slumped back on his chair for a second. Looking down and hiding his face. I felt like I had kicked a puppy. The sullen silence continued.

After a moment though he looked up, his face back to the happy Curt I knew.

"Yes but if we both mess-up and we are both single in out forties let's get married." He said jovially and I was shocked at first and then laughed it off.

"Sure, sure." I said.

"You have options, I am just saying." He shrugged and went ahead.

Raven still had a stormy expression on her face. Whats with that girl?

We went on to talk about how hilarious I looked when I had carried the huge bag of food for the pack and more questioning about how I managed to slip past unseen. I said I had my ways and left it at that.

I suddenly saw Emilie rush out from the playground. What was she doing here so late? It wasn't unsafe just unusual for her to be here past bed time.

"Angel!" She exclaimed and hugged my legs.

I ruffled her hair and picked her up.

"She has been bugging me to see you for awhile now." Curt sighed.

She looked adorable in a pretty pink dress.

It was good to see her looking healthy and happy. Made me feel content.

I picked her up wanting to tease a little.

Blaze POV

Zara was hugging Emily and laughing with her. Would she like this with our kids too?

I shook myself out of the reverie.

I am finally the king. The ceremony was long and boring but it was over and now I had all the power I would need to run the pack without anyone's interference, like we had with my father. It would have felt better if Zara was there but I could see how she would have lost her mind.

I finally had the power many envied but why did my problems remain the same? I thought I would lose my mind when another male confessed to her. First Jake and now him? They are all high rankers too. Atleast the low ranking ones for intimidated by her aura.

I appreciated how Raven pulled her away though.

I had watched their exchange from Jason's window when I had come down searching for her. I didn't have to hear it, just his posture and how he held her hand. I had sprinted out immediately enraged.

But if I jumped an alpha in a wheel chair I would never hear the end of it. I could still remember how she lectured me for accidentally pushing Raven. Yeah I wasn't going to make the same mistake again. Not purposefully.

So I hid and waited. Trusting her to handle this on her own. It was the hardest thing I had ever done. But if there is one thing I knew, it was that just because she didn't accept me didn't mean that she would accept just about anyone.

Raven was the only one who looked as glum as I did. I liked that girl. Her pulling away Zara's hand from Curt's had really helped me to not explode.

Zara had looked so beautiful trying on all the clothes at the store. She had such a good figure. I didn't want to take any of them off. But now that I am here I am glad she did. How many more would she attract if she went around looking like a runaway model? I almost felt glad when I had handed her the T-shirt and jeans today morning to wear after she shifted back. But of course she had a set of hoodies and jeans prepares. I smiled as I remembered.

I can't believe I expected her to get into a car I used to drive around with Jem. I wanted to hit myself for thinking that. Stupid Blaze. I have sold the car and now I was waiting for the new one. Hopefully she wouldn't mind getting in that. I merely wanted to celebrate after getting my official position. But I am glad that our bond had grown enough for me to recognise her emotions. I knew she was angry at the car because of Jem. It was either the bond or instinct I couldn't tell. Its all too subtle these days.

But more than anything, this was confirmation that she helped the ancient packs. Despite her feral wolf she was kind. It was obvious that back that it had to be Zara. Only she had the skills to pull it off. And since the ancient packs went to war on her behalf she might have felt sorry for them. Raven was in on it too it seems. Wasn't much of a surprise since she does come from Curt's pack and only got adopted into Drake's.

Ugh my head throbbed.

"Why are you allowing her to be with him like that?" I looked down to see Zarine scowling looking at Zara with Emily.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"I said why are you not going there and pulling her away." Zarine said.

I still didn't understand why this kid was so precious to Zara. He looked eerily like her so I thought they were siblings. But I checked with Dex and that wasn't the case. I had only allowed them to stay together because they looked like siblings.

I wanted to kick myself for letting another male live with her. Then again at the time, I didn't think I would start caring so much. Then my mind went to the worst possibility of him being her kid.

But the math didn't work out. She would have had to be eight at the time and she was still here attending classes then.

Then why was he so important to her? Before he came I could have ignorantly gone on thinking that she didn't react that way to anyone. The way she lost it when he went missing. But he put things into perspective for me. She would react that way if you meant anything to her. Well atleast he made a good bargaining chip. I wasn't proud of myself but I didn't have nay choice.

I mused sadly until I heard a low growl from the kid. He looked at the kid Zara was holding with a scowl.

Was he jealous? I am amused.

"Don't you like Emily?" I asked softly trying to get a reaction out of him. I knew he was with Beta Bronn, het father's family for awhile.

He took a deep breath.

"I don't mind her, it's just that she has her territory, why does she have to encroach mine?" He asked. He probably meant Emily had her parents.

"Does Zara know she is your territory?" I said the last word with a flourish not being able to hide the smile in my voice. Although Xavier nor I appreciated the sentiment from him.

He scowled.

"She is your woman, why are you letting her be with other men?" He exclaimed.

"Ok first if all I don't let her be with anyone and she can do what she wants" I said.

"Whatever, you suck" he grumbled and walked away.

What a strange kid. But I did share his sentiment. I wonder if Zara knew he had this side to him.

I heard a sound from behind me and saw Jason and Jem walking in the distance. They suddenly stopped and she kissed him.

So things turned out well for them huh? I thought leaning back against a tree. I wonder when it will be spring for me. I watched them with envy as the sky was finally turning dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...
163K 5.2K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...
2.2K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
1.7M 41.6K 58
One more step and my whole life changes. I'll become a rogue, all the connections I have with the pack will be lost. Do I really want to do that? Do...