In Between The Lines| BOOK #2...

By thinkingofthoughts

COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a... More

Welcome! Characters + Info + More
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve 
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
epilogue
bonus chapter one
Somewhere In The Middle Introduction

thirty-six

59.1K 1.2K 1.5K
By thinkingofthoughts

Sloane Beck

Infatuation is a funny thing.

One day you could wake up completely hating someone or something but the next day you could be infatuated because you took the time to investigate. Somethings—some people are worth looking into even if you hated them.

Blake was the first to lunge in front of me then Reese followed. Reese grabbed Penn while Blake hustled Mitchell off the table. Ellison, poor Ellie was watching in horror not realizing the mess she had just created.

Or the mess she had just added to.

"Everyone out! The show's over!" Reese yelled, his intoxication was long gone. There was a look of frustration in his eyes, knowing of what was about to happen. His red cheeks were dulled down because his brown eyes were now black.

"Hey! Did you hear what I said? Get the fuck out of the house!" He yelled again, his throat gravely. I watched as everyone sped walked out of the house, eager to get away from the awoken beast.

Never had I ever seen Reese this angry other than when he found out Naomi was pregnant.

Man—something was horrifying about sweet boys getting angry.

"Where'd Ellie go?" Finn nudged me. I went to look for the brunette but she had apparently escaped with the herd of people. Reese turned to look at me, shaking his head. He had a vein protruding out the front of his forehead. He was disappointed in me for causing drama on purpose, but Mitchell deserved his ass kicked and Penn needed put in his place.

I would do anything for my friends.

"Why would you do that? Are you trying to get us kicked off the team?" Mitchell yelled at Penn from behind Blake. Penn however just crept around Reese, spitting at Mitchell.

Jesus.

"My baby sister. You're a fucking piece of shit—you don't touch people's siblings." Penn clenched his fist while speaking through his teeth. Finn however just let out a whistle.

Reese's blood boiled as he let out an angry round of laughter. "You also don't attack your fucking teammates!" His voice roared as he shook with anger. "You guys don't know what you've just done! You both could get fucking kicked off the team if someone took a video of that! You guys are just fucking idiots. You aren't captains! You guys don't act like it." He fumed.

Penn just shoved Reese away from him before giving Mitch one last head shake and then walking away, heartbroken. I turned my attention to Blake who was assessing the damage that Penn did to Mitchell.

Besides the bloody lip, Mitch was definitely going to have a black eye tomorrow.

I wished that I could say that I didn't mean for any harm to come out of this but I was enjoying it. I was living for the fact that Mitchell got his ass kicked. I couldn't wipe the sly smirk off of my face—I loved every second of it.

He was a fucking jerk.

Yeah, I did have sex with Mitchell as soon as he came to campus—whoops. I had sex with loads of guys, but this was just top-of-the-line drama that a sorority girl would die to see.

Blake grabbed a paper towel, wetting it under the water before cleaning up Mitchell's wounds.

I wanted to say that I didn't find it attractive watching Blake be so gentle with Mitch, but it was so attractive. I was jealous.

He was never that gentle with me.

Hell—the last time I got into a fistfight he was all over Naomi instead of helping me.

He just took me away from Naomi and then fucked me on the hood of his car. But it also just made me wonder—did he not know how to be gentle with girls other than having sex with them?

"Blondie, redhead—go home." Blake barked out an order to us as I furrowed my eyebrows at him. I watched as he cocked his head towards the front door, giving me pleading eyes—begging me not to start shit with him.

I was a shit starter—always.

But I would let this slide just this once.

I looked at Finn as she sighed. "Blondie, take the Tesla back to yours." Blakes statement shocked me and apparently everyone else in the room as they all gaped at him. Not focusing on the attention though, he cleaned up the bloody lip of his teammates even more.

"Keys are on the rack," He muttered as I walked away with Finn who by the way was wearing a shit-eating grin. I was praying she would keep her mouth shut until we got in the car or at least the outside of the house.

Walking out of the kitchen, I felt Reese's eyes on me. He was pissed at me—I knew that for sure. It was definitely an avoidable situation, but I just enjoyed it way too much. I was known to be a shit starter but never had I ever started a boy-on-boy fistfight.

Grabbing the keys, we exited the house and that's when Finn let it flow—her excitement couldn't be contained anymore as she rocked on the balls of her feet. "Blondie, take the tesla! What the fuck was that!" Finn squealed as I chuckled.

Shaking my head at her reaction, I opened the passenger door to the tesla. The smell of Blake immediately engulfing me like a cold hug.

A hug was comforting but he was cold.

"Don't ignore me! Are you two in love? If someone threw their Tesla I would've immediately milked the fuck out of him with my mouth and vagina in that very moment!" She yelled again, getting into the passenger seat.

This time, I couldn't contain my giggles at her outburst. "Finn, shush. I'll tell you everything but you need to shush." I explained as she smiled. Turning on the car, I clicked in my seatbelt, waiting to hear Finn snap hers on before moving.

Finally backing out of the driveway, that's when I cleared my throat. "Keep your eyes out for Ellie on the side of the road," I spoke as she nodded. Sucking in a deep breath, "It's hard to find someone or to take interest in someone after getting your heartbroken. You push and push people away, sometimes you even drive them to hate you just because you don't want them to like you. You don't want to hurt them because you know that you're in love with someone else," I pressed my foot on the brake, slowing down at a red light.

"But when I pushed him away it was because I didn't want to face the fact that I like him more than I had thought," The light turned green as I heard Finn gasp. "I would've known this fact longer than I do now if I just would've taken the chance to look into someone worth knowing. He is worth knowing, even if it wasn't as worthy in the beginning." I chuckled through my teeth as I saw her smile beaming.

"And if anything," I cleared my throat before admitting my wrongs. "He isn't that bad. We can disagree to agree, he isn't that bad of a person just because of his political stance. I may not agree with it, but I know there's more to him than he lets off." Finn shook her head not picking up at what I'm saying.

"I'm saying that I think the douche canoe is lying through his teeth and I don't even think he likes his dad. I don't even think he agrees with his dad," I admit as Finn gasps. I turn to face her shushing her.

"You can't tell anyone this stuff though, please don't this is all stuff that I'm just picking up. I just think I misjudged him. I don't think he's a bad person, I just think he's in a bad situation." I concluded as I pulled into the apartment parking lot.

Parking the Tesla, I turned off the car and faced the stunned redhead who was still too shocked for words.

He had admitted to me that he didn't agree with all of his dad's policies but deep down I truly think Blake Day hated me because I hated him due to something he couldn't control: his father.

If he truly was a Republican, well shit—I guess we were the modern-day Romeo and Juliet. He wasn't supposed to like me and I definitely wasn't supposed to like him.

I think he was playing the game. I think that he was just trying to get on his dad's good side by being harmless and if that was the case then I could play along. Blake Day was a good guy that deserved to be known for himself and not for who he was.

"Get out of the car, Blondie. Stop daydreaming about Mr. Republican," I was snapped out of my daydream by looking at the redhead who was shutting the car door. Unbuckling my seat belt, I stepped out of the car before chasing after Finn.

"Hey! Wait," I called out to her as the cold air was attacking my bare legs.

I was the one with the keys to get into the apartment anyway. She looked at me over her shoulder, her blueish-green eyes twinkled at me as her freckles laid perfectly on her cheeks. Her red hair is something that I aspired to have.

I have yet to meet an ugly natural redhead.

Wrapping my arms around her in a hug, I heard her let out a chuckle of shock. "What's this for?" She asked as I continued to squeeze her.

"Thank you," I spoke out as I heard her release a breath—a sigh of relief. "I know that I have been lacking in our friendship and I know you think it's cause you aren't Naomi or Natalie, but it's because I hated myself and I wanted to make everyone hate me. I'm sorry for that, and just know that I love and I appreciate you." I was squeezing her until no tomorrow, rocking her back and forth.

I heard her chuckle as I squeezed the life out of her.

I had been an absent friend because of my illness and although it wasn't necessarily my fault, it definitely felt like it. I had taken my self-hatred out on everyone else because I wanted everyone to agree with me.

I didn't deserve to live because I was a horrible person.

But I did deserve to live and I didn't deserve for people to hate me.

"So—am I still allowed to get revenge on my brother even though you're in love with the mysterious one?" I snorted at her words, pulling away from our hug as she wears a bright smile on her face.

"I love you and yes, inflict any violence on that piece of shit." I smiled back at her as I reached for my key, swiping us in. We gleefully skipped through the lobby and raced each other up the steps like young girls again.

Approaching our door, the clock at the end of the hallway read midnight. Damn, we hadn't even been partying long at all before the party got ruined.

Unlocking the door, we froze as we heard the commotion.

"Little lady! You can't act like that! You can't represent me like that!" My eyebrows raised as I heard coach's voice down the hallway. I heard Ellie sniffling like no tomorrow—Jesus, what did we just walk into?

Walking into the apartment, we noticed the entire family sitting there. Ellie, Helen, Penn, and Coach are at our dining room table. Ellie was in tears as Penn sat across from her, with a sad look on his face. Helen was facing Ellie while the coach had his head in his hands.

"Hey, girls," Helen spoke awkwardly as Finn and I walked past. "Hey, don't mind us!" Finn called out as we continued to walk past them. Instead of going straight to our rooms, we bolted to the kitchen to listen to the madness.

Finn let out a giggle as we crouched down on the floor, our backs touching the oven as we eavesdropped on the family discussion. I shushed her as I focused.

"But what about him? He gets to dry hump almost every girl on this campus but since he can score a touchdown you let him have a free pass while I get belittled for having fun?" Ellie's voice was strained, full of emotion. I frowned, as I looked at Finn.

I heard someone sigh before responding. "Ellie, he will be getting his ass chewed out for fighting on the ride home—just let me talk." Ellie let out a loud groan.

"This is such bullshit! It's not even about the fight! It's about the fact that I can't be my own person here! I wanted to go to a different school but I fucking couldn't. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful but I'm sick and tired of being known as your granddaughter and Penn's sister. I've been known by that my entire life. It's unfair and I just want to become my own person!" She cried out as I heard Helen mutter the words of 'oh honey.

That's when I heard clapping. Giving Finn a confused look she shrugged not knowing who was clapping at a time like this.

"Oh give it a rest Ellison! You always do this—quit playing the victim and make a name for yourself! You had to go make out with my best friend, you had to do all of this shit just to spite me-" Penn, who was the one apparently clapping started to yell but was abruptly cut off.

"Yes, I did make out with your best friend! But guess what—I fucked him before he was your best friend! I literally let your best friend take my virginity before you guys even became close! Your bestie— your brother fucked me! He was mine first! Just like mom's necklace that you're wearing!" Ellie roared as my mouth opened in shock. Finn went to yell so I quickly slapped a hand over her mouth as Ellie just outed herself and Mitchell.

"You're such a whore! Mom and dad would be so disappointed in you! You're lucky you didn't follow in Naomi's footsteps and become pregnant! You should just fucking transfer—nobody even wants you here anyway!" There was some slamming before someone left, I assume it was Penn.

I heard Ellie let out a frustration-filled cry before letting out a sob. "Ellie, I want you here. I love you as my daughter even if you're only my granddaughter—okay? He didn't mean that he's just hurt and he loves you. I promise he will come back crying for you to forgive him. I promise you wouldn't be making your parents upset—sure it might not have been the best choice, but they loved you with everything. He's a hormonal asshole." I heard Coach speak to her.

My heart absolutely throbbed for Ellie.

I heard her sniffle before a chair was pushed back. "I need to get some sleep, we can talk tomorrow." I heard her voice.

"No more football players, Ellie. No more," I heard him mutter to her. There were footsteps heard before the door shut. Then it was silence, no movement in the apartment and I was almost concerned because Finn and I were almost scared to breathe and create noise.

"You can come out of hiding now," Ellie's voice called out. Slowly, we came out of the kitchen to see her back against the front door, knees pulled up to her chest. Her eyes were red, puffy with tears that had built up.

I frowned before walking over to her, squeezing the life out of her as she let out a cry. Finn followed my lead and was wrapping her arms around us too. "We want you here, Ellie," Finn spoke as Ellie shrugged, letting out a big sniffle.

But then she started to let out the ugliest round of laughter.

Catching her breath, "I just blurted out to my grandparents and brother that I got fucked." She started to die of laughter as Finn and I joined her.

I could relate to the feeling although I never told my parents, they sure read about Charlie in my book. It was an invasion of privacy but I would've been dead if they hadn't read my journal.

"It's okay, it happens." I comforted her as she motioned for us to let her stand up. Straightening out her outfit, she released a deep breath before smiling at us.

"It will all be okay in the end, right? I'll be my own person and I'll find someone who likes me for me right? Not because of who I am but because of what I am made of." She declared and before we could answer her sentence she was walking away from us.

Finn furrowed her eyebrows, following after her while I paused.

As much as she hated being compared to Naomi- it was almost funny how alike they were.

But it was in a good way. Ellie had good things coming for her and although she might hate being known as Penn's shadow, she would find someone one day who loved her for who she is and what she was made of.

I turned to be walking away but a knock on the door stopped me. BIting my cheek, I opened it.

A smile appeared on my face as the boy who let me drive his car appeared in my vision. "Hey Ken," I spoke as he smiled at me. "What's up Barbie?" He teased back. Looking over my shoulder, I contemplated my options.

"I would let you in right now, but it's definitely not a good atmosphere in here and I don't want to pull you into more drama than what you already are," I explained as he held up his hand in understanding.

Stepping outside of the apartment, I closed the door behind me. I leaned up against it as he leaned towards me. "It was hot watching you maneuver like a doctor. It was almost like you believed in science for a minute," I poked at his Republican ego as he snorted, pressing himself against me.

"You're so funny with your stereotypes," He teased as I shrugged.

"You come to get your car keys?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, Reese is waiting in the parking lot. He's talking to Coach—who is bawling his eyes out down there." I frowned at his words.

"But I also came to tell you that I hated you," I let out a loud laugh as he smiled at me. "And I wanted a goodnight kiss," He added to the list of sentences he was spewing out.

"Oh, so the boy thinks he can come over here and kiss me goodnight?" I teased as he shrugged. "I was hoping," He winked as his arm reached down to grab my waist. Sucking in a breath, I felt his breath hover over my lips before meeting mine in a warm and fiery passion.

For the second time tonight, I was dizzy with Blake Day's kisses and I wanted to be concussed with them.

I moaned as his tongue slipped through my mouth, wrestling with mine for dominance. Running my hands down the front of his shirt, I pressed against his abs to tell him enough. Pulling away from our hot kiss, he kissed my forehead making me swoon.

I was being wooed by the enemy.

"Get my keys, Barbie." He tapped my left ass cheek with his right palm. I chuckled as I turned the doorknob behind me. I quickly grabbed the keys off of the hook and then turn around. Placing them into his awaiting, tattooed cover hand—his calloused palm enclosed my soft, nail-bitten fingers.

Bringing my hand up to his lips, he placed a kiss on the back of it. "Bonne nuit mon amour. Je te deteste," He muttered his second language to me as I giggled, tingling from the sound of his accent.

"What does that mean?" I asked as he shrugged.

"You'll never know, Blondie." He winked at me before tossing the keys up in the air and catching them in one hand. He turned on his feet, walking away from me and down the steps— I watched as he walked out of the lobby and into the night air.

God, I was fucked.

Translation: Goodnight My Love. I hate you.

Information about eating disorders.

If you need to seek help, please do. You're not alone!

National Eating Disorder's Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Crisis Textline:
Text CONNECT to 741741

Depression and anxiety are serious issues that should be addressed. We need to end the stigma around them, I love you all. Don't feel ashamed ever to be depressed or have anxiety.

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is: 1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts about harming yourself please talk to someone- my messages are always open and my comments are always open as well.

The stigma around mental health must end!

hey besties!

how are we?

today was my first day starting junior year in college. please stick with me as im trying to find out a new time management schedule. you guys will still be getting your updates but im also working and doing school! please be patient as i will try to answer messages as fast as possible!

I love you all so much and I'm just so thankful for you guys.

Xoxo

Vote and comment!

Connect with me!
Instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites
Tiktok: thinkingofthoughtswrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 108K 55
Hoping for no distractions during her senior year of college, Ryan finds herself in a whirlwind romance following a one-night stand with the last per...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
375K 9.6K 43
*Slow updates* After agreeing to be the focus of a college article, senior Charlie Murtaugh gets more than he bargains for when he's assigned a clue...
13.6M 246K 86
**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxiou...