The Telepath: A Hermione Gran...

By HazardousAcolyte

Follow the story of a new student joining Hogwarts in the same year as the Golden Trio and watch as friends a... More

1) The Beginning
3) The Sorting
4) The First Lessons
5) Flying Lessons
6) The Midnight Adventure.
7) Birthday Celebrations
8) The Troll
9) Quidditch
10) Christmas
11) Reunions And Revelations
12) Norbert The Dragon
13) Into The Forest
14) Down The Trapdoor
15) The Man With Two Faces (End Of First Year)
Main Character Face Claims
Allies/Order Face Claims
Death Eater Face Claims
Chamber Of Secrets
16) The Burrow And A Prison Break
17) The Famous Fraudster
18) Return To The Castle
19) Defence Against Lockhart's Delusions
20) Slytherin's New Seeker
21) Thoughts In The Walls
22) Deathday Party
23) Rumours
24) The House Elf And Grievous Injuries
25) The Duelling Club
26) Polyjuice Problems
27) The Secret Diary
28) Nightmares
29) Consequence
30) The Spider's Domain
31) The Chamber Of Secrets
32) The Truth, Uncovered
33) Return (End Of Second Year)
34) Family Wounds
35) Preparation
36) Invasion
37) Reunions
38) Diagon Alley
39) The Dementor

2) The Train Journey

4.8K 100 37
By HazardousAcolyte

Time Skip 2 Weeks

Y/N POV

It was finally the day, the day which would change my life. I had barely slept last night, the excitement of being able to visit Hogwarts kept me awake and eager.

Despite getting only a few hours sleep I was filled with energy and bouncing to get on the famous train. I knew that this would be a big step for me and I was excited.

Me and Mum arrived at King's Cross and headed towards Platform 9 3/4 when we saw the Weasleys getting ready to go through the wall. So Mum called out to them.

"Hey Molly!"

"Hi Amy." Mrs Wealsey replied "Hello to you too, Y/N."

"Hi Mrs Weasley, have Fred and George already gone through?" I asked

"Yeah it's just Ron left to go through now." Mrs Weasley answered. "We'll see you in a minute"

"See you soon." I replied.

"You ready?" Mum asked me "Together."

I nodded and smiled. We ran straight into the barrier through to Platform 9 3/4 where I was met with a huge surprise.

"Dad!" I shouted dropping my trunk and running to him. He had clearly been waiting for us to pass through together.

He wrapped me in a big hug and smiled, his strong arms lifting me off the ground.

"I didn't know you would be here." I told him with happiness in my voice

"I can tell, your Mum wanted to keep it a surprise" He responded pulling me in tighter. "I wouldn't miss this for the world, its a big step for you"

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Are you nervous?" He asked

"A little but also super excited" I admitted.

"Good it shows that you really care."

I stepped away from him and took my trunk from Mum, who had come over to us grinning. By this point Ron and the other Weasleys had boarded the train ready to set off for Hogwarts.

"I better get on the train now, its going to leave soon." I told them.

"Make sure to write and try not to get into trouble." they both said.

"I will don't worry, I love you both!"

"We love you too!" They replied in unison.

I boarded the Hogwarts Express and started looking for an an empty compartment or one with someone I knew. I eventually found Ron sitting with a black-haired boy wearing glasses so I entered.

"Hey Ron, mind if I join you?" I asked politely.

"Course not." He responded.

I went and sat next to Ron and faced the other boy in the compartment.

"Hello I'm Y/N, what's your name?" I questioned whilst sticking my hand out for him to shake.

"Harry Potter." he said back.

"Really? I asked in shock." That's amazing, I've read all about you! What is it like to be famous? I bet it can get really annoying but also cool at the same time. "

"Thanks, I guess, but I never knew I was famous until recently so it's still a lot to take in"

"Wait, really, it's just I never thought I would meet The Boy Who Lived and I just assumed you'd know your own story." I said.

"Don't worry about it, I've been getting it a lot recently." He assured me. "How do you know Ron?"

Before I could answer Ron began to explain.

"Our families have known each other for ages because our dad's work at the Ministry of Magic, Y/N would come over and visit a lot. Him, Fred and George would always mess around as well."

The three of us continued to talk about Hogwarts and magic for a short while until the compartment doors opened and the Trolley Witch was stood in the doorframe.

"Anything off the trolley dears?" She asked us

"No thanks" Ron said whilst pulling out a bag of sandwiches from his pocket.

Harry looked towards Ron sympathetically and pulled out a bag of money saying "We'll take the lot".

Ron looked at Harry in shock but I looked at him disapprovingly.

"Harry, there are other people on the train" I said scolding him. "Maybe you should leave some for them".

"I guess you're right". He responded and handed the the trolley witch a smaller amount of money buying stuff for himself and Ron.

"I'll have Every Flavour Beans and two chocolate frogs please" I asked the elderly witch.

"Here you go sweety, that was very thoughtful of you" She replies

"Thanks."

Me and Ron opened some of our sweets whilst Harry looked curiously at a box of Every Flavour Beans.

"Every Flavour Beans?" He asked.

"They really mean every flavour." I told him.

"There's chocolate and peppermint and spinach, liver and tripe. George swore he got a bogey flavoured one once." Ron added.

Harry looked disgusted and put the box back down. He then went to open a chocolate frog asking "They aren't real frogs are they?"

"No its just a spell, it's the card you want anyway, I've got loads" Ron explained.

"Yeah, some are pretty rare. " I added.

As he opened the packet the frog launched itself out the pack and went out he window.

"Well, that's a shame." I said "They don't normally do that."

"What card did you get I'm only missing a few for my collection?" Ron said

"I got Dumbledore!" Harry said excitedly.

"I've got loads of him." Ron groaned.

Then Dumbledore walked away from the card and Harry pointed it out.

"Well you can't expect to him hang around all day can you." Ron said

Almost as soon as Ron said this I heard a squeak come from his bag. Harry didn't seem to notice but Ron pulled his pet rat from his bag.

"You really brought Scabbers with you, what good is he going to do you at Hogwarts?" I questioned wondering why he brought the Weasley's long time pet with him.

"Who cares he's my pet?"

"You know how I feel about Scabbers."

Scabbers was a very strange animal, he was lazy and generally quite pathetic but his thoughts were quite scattered and sometimes I couldn't help but overhear them. Ron wasn't aware of this. Despite knowing him for a long time I hadn't told him about being a Legilimens. I thought it wasn't necessary and I had never been particularly close to him compared to the twins.

"You hate Scabbers for no reason." said Ron angrily. "He's been in the family for ages and he's never been any trouble. I think you should leave him alone."

Even whilst saying this Scabbers was squirming around in Ron's hands looking like he was trying to escape.

"He is pathetic though." Ron admitted "Ain't he Harry?

"A bit yeah." the raven haired boy said in response.

"Fred told me a spell to turn him yellow, you wanna see?"

Harry's eyes lit up at the question, excited to finally see some spells in action. I was hesitant, knowing that Fred and George would take any opportunity to prank Ron.

As Ron opened his mouth to say the spell our compartment door opened to reveal a familiar looking bushy-haired girl.

I remembered that she was the girl I saw on Diagon Alley. I had kept looking back to that day and, like everything else, her features were engrained in my memory.

Now I saw her closer I realised that she had a small overbite and deep brown eyes.

Hermione POV

I opened the next compartment and saw the person who had been on my mind for weeks. His short h/c hair looked so soft and whenever I looked into his orange eyes I fell into them. Nobody had ever made me act like this. I knew I was being stupid, I hand only met him for moments, but since that day in Diagon Alley I hadn't stopped thinking about when I would see him again. I looked at him for a bit too long and he seemed to notice.

He looked at me curiously and I shook my head then asked the question I came to ask.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy called Neville has lost his."

They all said that they hadn't but then I saw that one of the boys, the one with red hair, was holding a wand.

"Doing magic are we? Lets see then." I said, taking a seat next to the boy with orange eyes.

The boy with red hair looked a bit shocked but began speaking.

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow"

He waved his wand and nothing happened, the rat just stayed asleep. The boy with the broken glasses looked disappointed whilst the one sat next to me seemed not surprised at all.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? It's not very good, is it? Obviously, I've only tried a few easy spells myself, but they've all worked for me. For example:"

I pointed my wand across the table at the raven-haired boy and said "Occulus Reparo."

Quickly the boys glasses fixed themselves and I was very impressed with myself. Seemingly, so was the boy next to me. He smiled at me and I blushed then turned away.

"No one else in my family is magic so I learnt the books off by heart to get used to magic when I got my letter. I was so pleased when it arrived - I'm Hermione Granger by the way"

The boy next to me had an even bigger grin after hearing what I had to say and introduced himself as "Y/N L/N."

I found out the other two were called Ron Weasley and Harry Potter - the Harry Potter!

"Are you really!?" I said "I've read all about you in Modern Magic History and Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts"

"I'm in those books?" said Harry, seeming a bit overwhelmed.

"Absolutely, you're very famous. If I were you, I'd have tried to learn as much as possible about myself. Anyways I'll be off to look for that toad again, I hope to see you at Hogwarts." I said and left into the hallway but Y/N said "I'll come with and help you look."

"Okay, thanks"

I was very pleased and hoped I could get to know him better.

Together we left the compartment and walked towards the next one.

Y/N POV

I wasn't sure what compelled me to go with her but thankfully Hermione accepted my offer to go with her. We seemed to share similar interests and she seemed nice and very invested in learning more magic just like me.

"You said you were the only person in your family who knew magic, what is that like?" I asked her

"It was certainly a shock when I found out I had magic but my parents where very supportive and happy. They encouraged me to learn as much as I could and I was happy to read all the books. Even before I got my letter I liked to read but I got picked on at school for being a bookworm." She said

"Well don't worry I read a lot as well, we have that in common, and I didn't have many friends either. Not because everyone was horrible or anything, I mean some were, but I'm usually a bit uncomfortable around people."

Also hearing hearing everyones thoughts can make you a bit paranoid and anti social I thought to myself.

"You seem great to be around so why don't we make a good start and call ourselves friends?" Hermione asked, whilst beaming at me in happiness.

"I'd like that very much" I replied smiling back.

I stuck out my hand for her to shake but instead of taking it she wrapped her arms around me in a hug. Her grip was surprisingly strong but she quickly let go.

"Sorry." she whispered

"Don't worry about." I replied flushing red.

The smile returned to her embarrassed face and she began to talk again.

"I told you about my family, what about yours?" she asked.

"Well my mum is a muggle like your parents but my dad is a wizard. He's pretty famous, as well, you might have read about him; his name is Ryan L/N, he's head of the Auror office."

"I've heard the name, that's got to be pretty cool, having such a powerful wizard as your dad. "

"It is, but I don't get to see much of him because of his job. He's really loving and caring whenever I see him though."

"That's sad but at least he's nice" She said kindly

"Yeah, thanks" I said.

"What about grandparents?"

"My mum's died when she was a kid but she got adopted and they are still alive. My dad's I don't know much about. He ran away as a teenager."

"Really, how did he find somewhere to stay?"

"For a while he stayed at Hogwarts over the holidays and stuff, he began to think of the teachers as his family. He was really fond of Dumbledore especially, he told me he's great but can be a bit crazy at times. After a while though he moved in with my mum and then he got his own house. There's obviously more to tell but it would take ages"

"That's quite the story, maybe you could tell me the rest when we get to Hogwarts."

"I'd like to do that." I said. She beamed at me. "Speaking of Hogwarts, what house do you want to be in?"

"I want to get into Gryffindor it seems like the best, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad. How about you?

"I mean I hope to be in the same house as you, but aside from that I don't really mind. Everyone puts loads of hate on Slytherin as if the house is terrible but my dad was one so they can't all be bad. I'm not bothered really, as long as we're together."

She blushed at my response.

"I hope i'm in the same house as you as well." she said.

There was a small comfortable silence before she asked me

"Do you want to ask the conductor how long is left before we get to the school? Then we can go back to the compartment with Ron and Harry"

"Alright"

We began our walk to front of the train asking about Neville's toad in a few compartments. We found out that there wasn't long left until we got to the school and headed back to the compartment with Ron and Harry.

As we opened the door we both were smiling but our faces dropped a little as we saw the state of the compartment. We both thought it looked as though there had been a fight.

"What happened here? You haven't been fighting have you." Hermione asked. "You'll be in trouble before we even get there."

"No." snapped Ron, glaring at her. "Scabbers tried to bite someone who opened the door and ran everywhere."

"Told you that rat would be nothing but trouble" I said.

Ron shifted his glare to me now then asked with disdain in his voice
"Is there anything we can help you with?"

"Well considering my stuff is here I was going to sit back down." I snapped back

Hermione said "Well you two should probably get your robes on. The driver told us we are nearly there. You've got dirt on your nose, just thought you should know and I'll see you at Hogwarts."

She stomped away clearly angry and I thought I heard some muttering.

Ron looked pleased and said
"God, I hope not."

I turned to him angry and half-shouted at him.

"What's your problem? Why did you speak to her like that?"

"Excuse me." he responded shocked

"You heard what I said!"

"She's poking into conversations which had nothing to do with her and being bratty. "

"She was only curious. I think you're just angry you got shown up."

I could feel Hermione in the corridor and she was pleased I was sticking up for her.

Knowing that Hermione was feeling better I calmed down a little but I still held anger towards the red-haired boy.

"Your only sticking up for her because she fancies you." Ron said angrily. "And she did not show me up!"

"She absolutely did! And it's not like that, we're just friends."

"Please," scoffed Ron. "Didn't you see the way she looked at you? She practically couldn't take her eyes off you."

I was glad that Hermione had moved back up the train by this point.

"Clearly, you aren't going to see that you were wrong so we might as well stop arguing." I sighed. "She was right though, you two do need to change. There is not long left now."

"Yeah, you change the subject." Ron muttered under his breath.

I barely heard what he had said.

"What was that?" I said quickly

"Nothing." he said panicked.

Then the train ground to a halt signalling that we had arrived at the school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 82 7
Description: a new wizard joins Harry, Ron and Hermione as they go to learn at Hogwarts School for witchcraft and wizardry. Will he be able to surviv...
226 21 21
She was his daughter, he, who was feared by everyone. Misunderstood by all, she believed she would never find love, never find happiness. Until... sh...
6.9K 140 16
As they enter their second year at Hogwarts, the five find themselves in the middle of an ancient and deadly mystery. With most of the school in fear...
29 1 1
This is fanfiction, created out of respect for original story and for readers fun. This is an alternative story of a boy who lived. Follow his fourth...