11) Reunions And Revelations

Y/N POV

It was only a couple of days before I would be heading back to Hogwarts and seeing my friends again. I had missed them more than I thought I would, especially Hermione. I had read through Harry's letter a couple of times and still couldn't quite get over what happened. Harry had been given an invisibility cloak by a mysterious person. He'd then gone into the restricted section and found a screaming book. It was all a bit unbelievable but he had no reason to lie.

The craziest thing to me was the Mirror of Erised, a mirror that showed you the thing you wanted most even if you didn't know what that was yourself. I initially thought about telling Mum or Dad about this because it was crazy. But after thinking I realised that probably wasn't the best plan. Telling my dad that one of my closest friends had gone around breaking rules would only cause trouble.

I was sat in the living room when my dad approached me.

"Remember what I said, Dumbledore is going to start lessons for Legilimency with you. He'll be able to help you refine it and have more control. Also, stop getting involved in all this Flamel stuff no one is going to be stupid enough to try and steal it."

"Ok, you've told me that a dozen times already, I think I get the message." I replied.

"Good and I was just wondering if you had been reading the book I got you for your birthday."

"I have, it actually helped against the troll on Halloween."

"It's always useful to be able to defend yourself so keep reading it."

() () ()

It was the day that I would be returning to Hogwarts and I had all my things packed up and ready to go.

"Mum can we go now please, I'm ready!" I called out to her.

"I'll be just a minute I'm putting my shoes on."

I waited for at least two minutes and my mum had still not come out into the living room to leave.

"Mum! How long does it take to put your shoes on?"

As I said this she came through the doorway.

"You're eager, excited to see a certain someone are we." she teased.

"Maybe." I said blushing a little.

"Come on then if you're so excited. "

We made it to King's Cross with only a slight delay and went into Platform 9 and 3/4. Mum gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek.

"Go on, you better get going now." Mum said.

"Bye, I love you."

"Love you too."

I went toward the train looking around for Hermione anywhere. I couldn't see her and assumed that she was already in a compartment. I went in and began walking down the carriage trying to see which compartment my bushy-haired best friend was in. Eventually I found it and she was sat alone with her face in a book.

"Any space for a friend." I said opening the door.

"Y/N! I've missed you so much." she exclaimed

"I've missed you too!" I said happily and giving her a hug. "I see you like the jumper."

"I love it and you can have the old one back now. It's with the rest of my stuff."