10) Christmas

It had been a week since Harry's first Quidditch game. The revelation that someone called Nicholas Flamel was somehow involved had been running through our minds since. Every now and then there were disagreements about Snape but we tried to avoid them where possible. I had also apologised to Hermione for overreacting and snapping at her. Luckily she accepted my apology and our friendship moved forward as it was. A lot of the free time the four of us had was spent investigating the secret of the forbidden corridor.

Me and Hermione had spent hours looking through the library with no luck.

"Are we ever going to find something out about this Nicholas Flamel?" I said.

"It doesn't seem like it but surely there is something in this whole library."

"You'd think so. I'm going to take a break I'm getting a bit sick of this."

"OK, I'll come with you."

The two of us left to return to the common room and our conversation turned to Christmas.

"I can't believe there's only a week left til the holidays." I exclaimed

"I know the time has gone so fast. It feels like last week when we were getting sorted."

"It really does, I'm excited though. I've never been away from my family for this long."

"Me neither, I'm going to miss you though." Hermione said.

"I'll miss you as well." I replied smiling. "At least the holiday isn't too long"

The both of us were going home whereas Harry and Ron were staying at Hogwarts. Ron was staying because his parents were going to Romania to visit Charlie and Harry was staying because he didn't want to go back to the dreaded muggles.

We entered the portrait and saw Fred and George sat on one of the couches. They immediately approached us.

"Hey Y/N want to come throw snowballs at Quirrell with us?" Fred asked

"When?" I asked curiously

"About ten minutes if you want." George answered

Hermione gave me a look saying that I shouldn't go.

"Sorry I can't."

Hermione looked pleased at my answer.

*Don't worry I'll meet you out there. I just need to try and get Hermione's attention somewhere else."

The twins held fake looks of sadness on their faces.

"OK no worries." They said in unison.

Hermione POV

The twins returned to their seats and me and Y/N took our seats next to Ron and Harry who were playing wizard's chess.

"Are you two excited for the holidays?" Y/N asked.

"Absolutely!" Harry responded. "It'll be my best Christmas ever."

Y/N let out a chuckle seeing his freinds overwhelming excitement.

"What about you Ron?"

"Obviously I'm excited. Christmas is the best, the food is amazing and we get gifts." He answered.

Me and Y/N rolled our eyes hearing this but smiled. They then began calling out their moves for the game of wizard's chess. Ron called his move and his piece went over and smashed Harry's to smithereens.

"That's totally barbaric!" I exclaimed

"That's wizard's chess." said Ron

"Oh I just remembered, Seamus wanted some help with his homework. I'll be back soon." Y/N said.