2) The Train Journey

Time Skip 2 Weeks

Y/N POV

It was finally the day, the day which would change my life. I had barely slept last night, the excitement of being able to visit Hogwarts kept me awake and eager.

Despite getting only a few hours sleep I was filled with energy and bouncing to get on the famous train. I knew that this would be a big step for me and I was excited.

Me and Mum arrived at King's Cross and headed towards Platform 9 3/4 when we saw the Weasleys getting ready to go through the wall. So Mum called out to them.

"Hey Molly!"

"Hi Amy." Mrs Wealsey replied "Hello to you too, Y/N."

"Hi Mrs Weasley, have Fred and George already gone through?" I asked

"Yeah it's just Ron left to go through now." Mrs Weasley answered. "We'll see you in a minute"

"See you soon." I replied.

"You ready?" Mum asked me "Together."

I nodded and smiled. We ran straight into the barrier through to Platform 9 3/4 where I was met with a huge surprise.

"Dad!" I shouted dropping my trunk and running to him. He had clearly been waiting for us to pass through together.

He wrapped me in a big hug and smiled, his strong arms lifting me off the ground.

"I didn't know you would be here." I told him with happiness in my voice

"I can tell, your Mum wanted to keep it a surprise" He responded pulling me in tighter. "I wouldn't miss this for the world, its a big step for you"

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Are you nervous?" He asked

"A little but also super excited" I admitted.

"Good it shows that you really care."

I stepped away from him and took my trunk from Mum, who had come over to us grinning. By this point Ron and the other Weasleys had boarded the train ready to set off for Hogwarts.

"I better get on the train now, its going to leave soon." I told them.

"Make sure to write and try not to get into trouble." they both said.

"I will don't worry, I love you both!"

"We love you too!" They replied in unison.

I boarded the Hogwarts Express and started looking for an an empty compartment or one with someone I knew. I eventually found Ron sitting with a black-haired boy wearing glasses so I entered.

"Hey Ron, mind if I join you?" I asked politely.

"Course not." He responded.

I went and sat next to Ron and faced the other boy in the compartment.

"Hello I'm Y/N, what's your name?" I questioned whilst sticking my hand out for him to shake.

"Harry Potter." he said back.

"Really? I asked in shock." That's amazing, I've read all about you! What is it like to be famous? I bet it can get really annoying but also cool at the same time. "

"Thanks, I guess, but I never knew I was famous until recently so it's still a lot to take in"

"Wait, really, it's just I never thought I would meet The Boy Who Lived and I just assumed you'd know your own story." I said.