39) The Dementor

A/N: Just wanted to thank everyone for their patience in waiting for another chapter. There's more on this at the end but for now please enjoy the newest chapter.

Hermione woke Y/N the next morning with a wide grin. Y/N looked up into her brown eyes fondly and smiled back. Hermione wrapped her arms around him and pushed her head into his chest.

"I'm not sure this will help me wake up." said Y/N. "It's very comfortable."

"This is perfect." Hermione giggled. "I want to stay here forever."

"I might be a good pillow but we do need to get ready." said Y/N.

"Do we?"

Y/N laughed and sat up. Hermione got off of his bed and threw him some clothes. She turned around and he changed quickly.

"Done." he said.

Hermione faced him and they stared at each other. They inched closer before there was a knock on the door.

"Was it a mistake to send Hermione?" came Ryan's voice.

"No, we won't be long." said Y/N, flushing red.

He put Neptune into his cage and left for breakfast with Hermione and his bags. Downstairs, Arthur was folding up a copy of the Daily Prophet and moving his suitcase towards the door of the Leaky Cauldron. Molly was helping Ginny move her bags and Harry and Ron were heaving theirs towards the exit.

Hermione took Neptune's cage and placed him with the other animals: Crookshanks, Hedwig and Hermes (Percy's screech owl).

"It's alright, Crookshanks." Hermione cooed through a wicker basket. "I'll let you out on the train."

"You won't!" snapped Ron. "What about poor Scabbers, eh?"

He pointed at his chest, where a lump indicated that Scabbers was curled up in his breast pocket.

"He can stay in your pocket." said Y/N. "You said he needed rest anyway."

Ryan, who had been waiting outside for the Ministry cars, stuck his head inside.

"They're here." he said "Come on."

Ryan took Harry towards the first car, which was being driven by a wizard in a purple three-piece suit.

"Get in." said Ryan, glancing up and down the street.

Harry got in and Y/N followed shortly after with Hermione, Ron and finally Percy.

The journey to King's Cross was uneventful, although the cars travelled much faster than any muggle car Y/N had seen. They arrived with plenty of time to spare and the drivers found trolleys for the group and unloaded their bags. One of them shared a word with Ryan before getting back in his car and driving off.

"Arthur, you go first with Harry. I'll go last with Amy." instructed Ryan.

Arthur and Harry went through the wall and Y/N and Hermione went after them, pushing their trolleys firmly in front of them.

The Hogwarts Express was puffing smoke over the platform, which was filled with wizards and witches seeing their children off. There weren't many places to have a private conversation but Y/N saw a quiet corner which would do.

Y/N faced Hermione and looked at her seriously.

"I need to tell you something." he said.

"OK, are you alright?" questioned Hermione, concerned at his tone.

He nodded and pulled her towards the spot he had identified. Hermione looked worried but followed without hesitation.

Y/N quickly checked to make sure that no one was listening and then began.