16) The Burrow And A Prison Break

Y/N POV

We got home from Kings Cross and I opened the door to go in but there was something already moving in the house. I looked at Dad and saw that he had his wand in his hand so I pulled out mine as well. Whatever was in the house was currently stalking around the kitchen. We all moved towards the room slowly as to not make too much noise.

Suddenly there was a loud clang like a pan had been thrown around. I looked back towards my parents and to my surprise they were both smiling.

I looked at them confused and Mum broke into a fit of laughter.

"Go in - just have a look." she said.

I went into the kitchen and saw a black cat crawling around on the counter. It jumped down, walked towards me and leapt into my arms.

"He's adorable!" I exclaimed after my parents joined me in the kitchen.

"We got him after we left you in the hospital wing. We though you might like him and we felt you deserved it after what you went through." Mum explained.

"He's mine! Does he have a name?"

"We were going to let you choose it." Dad told me.

"I don't know what to call him. "

"Well have a think about it and tell us what you decide."

"Will do."

"You can take him to the Burrow with you if you want."

"Really, he'll get to meet Hermione then."

I took my new friend and went and sat on the sofa with him. I ran my hand across his back and he snuggled into me. He looked up at me with his vibrant blue eyes.

*I'm hungry, can I have some food*

*Sure I'll get you something."

"He's hungry!" I called to my parents.

"Bring him to the kitchen, we have food for him in here."

*Come on, there's food in the other room*

We walked into the kitchen and Mum had gotten some food out for him.

"So you can read his thoughts as well."

"I've always been able to read animal's thoughts, it's why I'm so good with them."

"Well it'll be especially useful now you have a pet."

"Yeah. I was just wondering, when am I going to the Burrow?"

"A week or so, is that alright?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Eager to get away already." Dad joked.

"Yeah, I hate it here." I said sarcastically.

() () ()

Just over a week had passed since I had left Hogwarts and it was finally the day to leave for the Burrow. During that week, I had decided to call my cat Neptune and I had spent time with him getting to know him better.

The rest of the week I had spent running and working out or learning new spells from some of dad's books. I had also written to Hermione everyday like I said I would. She would be coming to the Burrow either one or two weeks after I arrived and I was looking forward to seeing her.

"You ready Y/N." Mum called to me.

"Ready."

"We'll miss you, but we hope you have fun."