37) Reunions

In his sleep Y/N, was visited by the blank eyes of the man he had murdered. Images of his limp body flashed through his head. Y/N didn't even know what he had done. He saw the man move and as if it was automatic he had entered his mind and shattered it to protect his parents.

People already thought poorly of him, what if someone found about it. That he was a murderer, as well as the grandson of two of the most vicious people in the wizarding world. Before this train of thought could continue he was shaken awake. Y/N opened his eyes and saw that he was laid out on his bed. Ryan sat beside him looking at him kindly.

Y/N realised that he was sweating and hot under the bed covers.

"Are you alright?" asked Ryan.

Y/N shook his head slowly.

Ryan sighed sympathetically.

"Whatever you're thinking." he said. "It's not true. You're not a murderer. You were protecting people you care about."

"He didn't need to die." said Y/N quietly.

"You had no wand and you needed to act quickly. Magic can be like that sometimes, emotions can empower it. You were probably so panicked at what might happen that you did anything you could to stop it, even if it was subconscious."

Y/N sat in silence looking at Ryan.

"I don't want you beating yourself up because you protected your loved ones from a piece of scum like that." said Ryan.

Y/N was shocked at the viciousness in his father's voice.

"He was famous for killing muggles during Voldemort's time in power." explained Ryan. "Everyone that was in the house was a former or still aligned Death Eater. I recognised the curse on Shadow and knew something was going to happen."

"How is Shadow?" asked Y/N.

"Healing up, he might be out of action for a bit though. You'll have to use Sophie's owl."

"Are they here now?" said Y/N quickly.

"No, it's still night time. I asked them to come a bit later today. Your aunt knows about what happened but I asked her not to tell Sophie."

Y/N looked at him gratefully and Ryan reached into the inside pocket of his coat. Only now, Y/N realised that his dad was fully dressed in the clothes he wore for work.

"Why are you still wearing that?" he asked.

"I had to question them, didn't I? Then one of the Aurors arrived and helped me take them to the Ministry, where I had to write a report of what happened. Then I tried to identify who they all were. After that," sighed Ryan. "Fudge began nagging me about Sirius Black again."

Y/N felt anger rise inside him, how could he request Ryan to go after a dangerous fugitive after just being hurt and then fending off an attack from Death Eaters inside his own home.

"That's stupid." said Y/N furiously. "He should be working out who sent these people after us, instead of asking you to do everything."

"No need, one of them confessed who put them up to it. It was the one who tried running away he, unfortunately, confirmed my suspicions. The Toombs sent them after me to try and finish me off. He probably shouldn't have told us though." said Ryan.

Y/N looked at him curiously.

"There was a charm that was meant to prevent him telling us who sent him. As soon as he said their names he died."

"What? Why would he tell you then?"

"It was either tell us or get the Dementor's Kiss, he decided on telling us."