๐Ž๐๐๐Ž๐’๐ˆ๐“๐„๐’; โ‚›โ‚’โ‚–โ‚–โ‚

By jellyfilledpotatoes

โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž. ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฒ... More

Chapter 1 ~ Before the beginning
Chapter 2 ~ The ship
Chapter 3 ~ Bahu
Chapter 4 ~ The Gaang
Chapter 5 ~ The cave
Chapter 6 ~ Yung
Chapter 7 ~Blue fire
Chapter 8 ~ Visions
Chapter 9 ~ Avatar day
Chapter 10 ~ Burn
Chapter 11 ~ Y/N Alone
Chapter 12 ~ Stuck
Chapter 13 ~ The book
Chapter 14 ~ Hot and high
Chapter 15 ~ Suki
Chapter 16 ~ Drill
Chapter 17 ~ Zuko
Chapter 18 ~ The date
Chapter 19 ~ The tale of Y/N
Chapter 20 ~ Jet
Chapter 21 ~ Killer instinct
Chapter 22 ~ The storm and the calm
Chapter 23 ~ The truth
Chapter 24 ~ The choice
Chapter 25 ~ Change
Chapter 26 ~ Settling in
Chapter 27 ~ On the other side
Chapter 28 ~ The beach
Chapter 29 ~ Reunited
Chapter 30 ~ Training
Chapter 31 ~ The plan
Chapter 32 ~ Convincing
Chapter 33 ~ Acceptance
Chapter 34 ~ Confusion
Chapter 35 ~ Guilt
Chapter 36 ~ Pretend
Chapter 37 ~ Love
Chapter 38 ~ Together again
Chapter 39 ~ Fighting
Chapter 40 ~ Violence
Chapter 41 ~ Moving house
Chapter 42 ~ Act one
Chapter 43 ~ Act two
Chapter 44 ~ Preparing
Chapter 46 ~ White Lotus
Chapter 47 ~ The end
Chapter 48 ~ Happiness
Afterword

Chapter 45 ~ Gone

2.2K 51 41
By jellyfilledpotatoes

Later that day, we had the treat to hear Sokka's big plan, fight a bit against Toph who had taken the persona of "Melon Lord" and looking at an old picture of Fire Lord Ozai Katara had found in the attic of the beach house.

Sadly, during our practice, Aang found himself incapable of killing the giant melon scarecrow. It might have only been an image of the Fire Lord, but the fact that Aang wasn't capable of beheading a literal fruit said a lot about the situation we were in at the moment.

Right now, we were huddled around a fire, discussing what we were going to do.

"He's still a human being."

"You're going to defend him?" Accused Zuko, patience wearing thin.

"No, I agree with you. Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person, and the world would probably be better off without him, but there's got to be another way."

"Like what?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe we can make some big pots of glue, and then I can use gluebending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore."

"Yeah, then you can show him his baby pictures, and all those happy memories will make him good again." Said Zuko, making Sokka chuckle. The scarred boy sent him a sharp look, immediately making him shut up.

Aang's eyes widened at that, a smile growing on his face."Do you really think that would work?"

"No!"

Aang sighed, standing up and beginning to pace. "This goes against everything I learned from the monks. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like."

Sokka, who's attitude was way more nonchalant than Aang, didn't seem to understand the monk's feelings. "Sure you can. You're the Avatar. If it's in the name of keeping balance, I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you."

"This isn't a joke, Sokka! None of you understand the position I'm in."

"Aang, we do understand. It's just..." Started Katara.

"Just what, Katara? What?"

"We're trying to help!"

"Then, when you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without taking his life, I'd love to hear it!" Aang said, stomping away to cool off.

"Aang, don't walk away from this." Katara said sternly.

Zuko put his hand up, silencing Katara. "Let him go. He needs time to sort it out by himself."

With the atmosphere so thick you could cut it, I figured it was time for a little break. "Ok guys! Let's finish our food and get a good night's rest so we'll all be ready for tomorrow! I'm sure Aang will come back when he's ready."

I was met with mumbles of agreement, and everyone started eating again. The second we had finished our plates and washed them, everyone went into their bed with few words, except maybe a scattered "goodnight" here and there.

As I began to fall into sleep's grasp, I found a burning sensation in my stomach, one I was quite used to by now. It was stress, and it was there for good reason. After all, tomorrow was the day we tried to take down the Fire Lord.

The next morning, I woke up after the others as usual. What can I say? I need my beauty sleep.

Sokka sat on Appa's saddle, checking our supplies. "Okay, that's everything. Oh, hey Y/N. Good morning!"

"Good morning to you too. What's up."

"We're just making some last-minute checks. Everything seems to be in order."

"Wait a minute." Said Toph. "No, it's not. Where's Aang?"

"I thought he was with you guys." I said.

"We thought he was still sleeping." Intervened Zuko.

"I didn't check his bed, but he usually wakes up before me. I just figured he'd be awake."

"We thought maybe his nerves had gotten to him. You know, preventing him from sleeping."

We all shared a look before dashing towards the beach house, hurrying to Aang's room.

"Aang? Aang!" We called, searching everywhere.

"Look at this." Sokka said, holding Aang's trusty airbending staff. "He left it. That's so strange."

Zuko dusted himself off. "Aang's not in the house. Let's check the beach."

When we got there, all we noticed were some footprints, probably Aang's. "The trail ends here." I said, pointing at the water.

"So, he went for a midnight swim and never came back?" Suggested Toph.

"Maybe he was captured."

"I don't think so." Sokka said, examining the footprints. "There's no sign of a struggle."

"I bet he ran away again." Said Toph, obviously exasperated by Aang's absence.

"Again?" I asked, pretty confused.

"Long story. You were with Zuko when it happened. Maybe I'll tell you someday."

"I don't think he did." Said Sokka. "He left behind his glider and Appa."

"Then what do you think happened to him, oh sleuthy one?"

"It's pretty obvious. Aang mysteriously disappears before an important battle? He's definitely on a Spirit World journey."

"But if he was, wouldn't his body still be here?" Reasonned Zuko.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot about that." He said, sounding downcast.

"Then he's got to be somewhere on Ember Island. Let's split up and look for him." Suggested Katara.

Toph immediately clung to Zuko. "I'm going with Zuko! What?! Everyone else went on a life-changing field trip with Zuko. Now it's my turn."

We agreed to let Toph go with Zuko. Sokka went alone and I searched for Aang with Katara.

A whole hour later, we all returned to the house empty-handed. "Judging by the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang, either." I pointed out.

"No, it's like he just disappeared without a trace." Zuko sighed.

Toph stood up a little straighter, her feet planted solidly on the ground. "Hey, wait a minute. Has anyone noticed that Momo is missing, too?"

"Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo!" Sokka opened Appa's mouth by force and leaped in. "Momo, I'm coming for you, buddy."

"Sokka, Appa didn't eat Momo. He's probably with Aang." Said Katara, rolling her eyes at her brother's antics.

"That's just what Appa wants you to think!" He hollered from inside Appa's mouth.

"Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka. We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away." Zuko snapped.

"What should we do?" Katara pondered, turning to look at Zuko. Sokka emerged from Appa's mouth, covered in saliva and did the same. I followed suit, and I assumed Toph was looking at him with her feet.

"I don't know. Why are you all looking at me?"

"Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang." Said Katara.

"Yeah, if anyone's got experience hunting the Avatar... it's you." Toph said.

Zuko stood up, thinking about what to do. After a few minutes, he snapped his fingers. "I got it!"

Without any explanation, he jumped on Appa. When we were all seated on the bison, we started to fly in direction of the Earth Kingdom.

"Zuko, I don't wanna tell you how to do your job, but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there." Sokka hesitantly said.

"Just trust me."

After an hour of flying, we landed near a small village. Zuko led us to an old pub which looked like it had been standing for at least fifty years. "And the reason you've brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?"

Zuko pushed the swinging door of the pub, taking a moment to observe before pointing at a beautiful black haired lady. "June."

"Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole." Sokka shivered.

"Mole? Her skin is flawless." I said, wondering what he was talking about.

"No, she has this giant mole creature she rides around on." He explained.

"The shirshu. It's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world. It's the one shot we have of finding him." Zuko added.

We watched as June finished her round of cards, winning the hand. As she collected her money, the men she was playing against rose. I assumed they were about to get violent, and almost stepped in to help her.

However, there was no need for that. Using only her fists and legs, she managed to maim all three of the men without even getting a scratch on her nor spilling her drink.

I was thoroughly impressed.

"I don't know who this June lady is, but I like her." Said Toph.

"So do I." I nodded. "I wouldn't mind learning a thing or two from her."

We approached her. She was sipping at her drink and counting her money. When Zuko tapped on her shoulder, she turned and frowned at the sight of him. "Oh great. It's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?"

Toph and I snickered at her nickname for Zuko. She was probably referring to his whole angry stage.

"I'm totally calling him that." She whispered.

"Same." I responded, high-fiving her.

Zuko, on the other hand, seemed totally unfazed by her comment. "He's my uncle. And he's not here."

"I see you worked things out with your girlfriend." She said, her finger indicating Katara.

"I'm not his girlfriend!"

"Okay, okay. Sheesh. I was only teasing. So what do you want?"

"I need your help finding the Avatar."

"Hm. Doesn't sound too fun." She said, taking another sip of her drink.

Zuko put his hands on the table, his voice rising. "Does the end of the world sound like more fun?"

"Ugh, you're so annoying. I'll help." She said, standing up with effort and walking out of the pub. She brought us outside, where some large animal with a scruffy nose was patiently waiting. "Nyla. Who's my little Snuffly-Wuffly? Okay. So who's got something with the Avatar's scent on it?"

Katara stepped up, Aang's glider in hand. "I have Aang's staff."

June took the glider, offering it to her animal. It sniffed it, walked around in circles for a bit, then lay down, covering its nose. "Well, what does that mean?" Zuko asked.

"Means your friend's gone."

"We know he's gone. That's why we're trying to find him." Sassed Toph.

"No, I mean he's gone gone. He doesn't exist."

I gasped. "He's dead?"

"Nope. We could find him if he were dead." She shrugged. "Wow, it's a real head-scratcher. See ya."

Toph crossed her arms. "Helpful. Real helpful."

Zuko put his hand on June's shoulder, stopping her from leaving. "Wait. I have another idea. There's only one other person in this world who can help us face the Fire Lord. I'll be right back with a smell sample."

Zuko went over to Appa, rummaged in his bag a bit and returned with an old flip-flop. Sokka looked disgusted, pinching his nose at the horrid smell. "You saved your uncle's sweaty sandal? Ew!"

"I think it's kind of sweet." I smiled.

He stared at me. "If that's what you like."

Zuko presented the stinky sandal to Nyla, who sniffed it and lifted her paws. June jumped on her, already running off. "Let's do this!"

"Hey! Wait up!" Called Zuko. We rushed over to Appa, who started following Nyla right away.

We moved for a while, finally stopping at the outer wall of Ba Sing Se, who was now destroyed.

"Your uncle's somewhere beyond the wall. Nyla's getting twitchy so he can't be too far. Good luck." Said June, already beginning to leave us.

"It's been a long day. Let's camp and start our search again at dawn." Suggested Zuko.

"We're already pretty close."

We all agreed and laid down on Appa. Seeing as we didn't pack our stuff, we couldn't sleep in tents like we normally would.

I found falling asleep was difficult. Between Aang being gone, and Toph's surprisingly loud snores, it was almost impossible.

I thought about Aang, hoping we'd find him soon.

I guess that worked, because I soon found myself asleep.

Hello everyone!

I'm proud to say I'm publishing again!

I can't promise updates will be every week like they used to be, but I'll do my best to get them out as quickly as possible.

Thank you to all of you for your patience and kind words, it really meant a lot to me.

I hope you guys didn't give up on this book! I promise I'll do my best to finish it, and I think I'll be able to!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment if you did!

And once again, thank you for waiting for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1K 48
When Katara, Princess of the Southern Water Tribe, who never believed in love crosses paths with Aang, Air Nomad and Avatar from the Southern Air Tem...
29.8K 1.5K 10
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐Œ๐ˆ๐‘๐€๐‚๐”๐‹๐”๐Œ # ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒงโ„๏ธ -', เผ„ โช ๐™ฐ๐š…๐™ฐ๐šƒ๐™ฐ๐š ๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐š‚๐šƒ ๐™ฐ๐™ธ๐š๐™ฑ๐™ด๐™ฝ๐™ณ๐™ด๐šโซ ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต โ” a legendary tale fr...
391K 11.1K 44
there is seriously no Toph x reader books so im making one enjoy people
3.6K 187 9
. .๐‘– ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘๐‘›'๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’, ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’. ๐‘– ๐‘™๏ฟฝ...